00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amerijuanikan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,793,673 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-06 00:17:44

At 4/6/23 12:13 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/5/23 03:51 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 2/22/23 06:22 PM, TMM43 wrote: Decided to take a peek at my old stomping grounds. The days when you could barely keep up with the lounge are long gone..
love coming back here once in a while because every time there is some kind of post like this. this thread has a mystical irresistible draw to all of us
we must bring up arms and spam @xkore and @cornandbeans (*cough* cunt laces *cough*) until they come back

does @souljaboy count?

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-13 08:52:25

At 4/6/23 12:13 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/5/23 03:51 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 2/22/23 06:22 PM, TMM43 wrote: Decided to take a peek at my old stomping grounds. The days when you could barely keep up with the lounge are long gone..
love coming back here once in a while because every time there is some kind of post like this. this thread has a mystical irresistible draw to all of us
we must bring up arms and spam @xkore and @cornandbeans (*cough* cunt laces *cough*) until they come back

Must've been ages since they last logged on as well. You used to be able to see a person last login date, shame they removed it.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-14 00:50:46

At 4/6/23 12:17 AM, Tapestoppa wrote: does @souljaboy count?

Fr

Does anyone know where he is today? Like how to reach him

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-15 00:07:48

now that general and politics are banned how am i suppose to get my daily dose of gaslighting

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-15 01:20:17

At 4/15/23 12:07 AM, Sequenced wrote: now that general and politics are banned how am i suppose to get my daily dose of gaslighting

AND we aren't supposed to recreate them

rage

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-15 18:41:10

At 4/15/23 01:20 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 4/15/23 12:07 AM, Sequenced wrote: now that general and politics are banned how am i suppose to get my daily dose of gaslighting
AND we aren't supposed to recreate them
rage

how dare you

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-16 18:16:28

what happened?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-16 18:24:00

OK, I found the newspost. Sounds great. The Newgrounds General Forum has always been just the absolute lowest quality trash forum I have ever seen

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-16 22:53:30

This is outrageous!

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-17 12:40:05

So is anybody here have a go-to for samples that isn't splice? Oldies (out of copyright) are good too in the advent of AI stem rippers.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-17 21:17:49

At 4/17/23 12:40 PM, ADR3-N wrote: So is anybody here have a go-to for samples that isn't splice? Oldies (out of copyright) are good too in the advent of AI stem rippers.

vengeance

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-04-20 00:58:24

At 4/17/23 12:40 PM, ADR3-N wrote: So is anybody here have a go-to for samples that isn't splice? Oldies (out of copyright) are good too in the advent of AI stem rippers.

pml makes good packs

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-12 16:27:38

bruh

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-12 16:45:44

At 10/12/23 04:27 PM, Sequenced wrote: bruh

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum

Bruh

I'm 34

I feel you

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-12 22:26:23

At 10/12/23 04:45 PM, AkioDaku wrote:

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum
Bruh

I'm 34

I feel you

Bruh, my last reply in this thread was quoted at the top of the page

I'm 28

What

Where my oldheads at?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 01:19:56

At 10/12/23 10:26 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/12/23 04:45 PM, AkioDaku wrote:

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum
Bruh

I'm 34

I feel you
Bruh, my last reply in this thread was quoted at the top of the page

I'm 28

What

Where my oldheads at?

17, totally old, definitely a fossil.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 01:21:44

At 10/13/23 01:19 AM, Tapestoppa wrote: 17, totally old, definitely a fossil.

Dude, I was messing around on Newgrounds when you were born o.o

That's WILD

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 01:22:47

At 10/13/23 01:21 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

That's WILD

Fast times we live in hahaha

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 01:24:25

At 10/13/23 01:22 AM, Tapestoppa wrote:

That's WILD

Not in this thread we don't. Have you seen the replies?

What is everyone working on? I've just been mindlessly growing on Twitter, plugging some commissions, and working on a cymbal sample library.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 02:03:03

At 10/13/23 01:24 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

That's WILD

What is everyone working on? I've just been mindlessly growing on Twitter, plugging some commissions, and working on a cymbal sample library.

yee I saw one I made months ago! Ive basically been drawing and stuff recently these days. My computer's been out the past month for repairs, and honestly I hope its screwed beyond repair so it can get replaced with a better one because the things almost 9 years old and it has really outdated specs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 05:29:28

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum

Yo happy birthday!

im 32 and a half

At 10/13/23 01:24 AM, ADR3-N wrote: What is everyone working on? I've just been mindlessly growing on Twitter, plugging some commissions, and working on a cymbal sample library.

I closed my twitter account a few months back after having it sat disused pretty much since the muskrat took over, I'm one of those mastodon people now apparently. (It's quite nice, tbh).

I haven't really touched making music in quite a while. I got really sucked into home automation (Home Assistant, ESPHome, that kinda thing) and I'm endlessly setting up new lil' gizmos, designing small bits of electronics to do stuff automatically, hacking wifi control into infrared-remote-controlled things and that.

One day I'll got back to making synth-related bits (and maybe even actually making music)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 06:39:13

At 10/13/23 01:24 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

That's WILD

It's been a rough year, so I've been very side tracked. But I've been slowly plowing away on a new album, hopefully I'll have it finished by the end of the year. It's become one of those, where I want to start on a new project now, but have to finish this before I start on new material.

Here are two unmixed but arranged track to check out if you feel so inclined:

Possibly Maybe

XI

Feedback welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-13 14:23:11

How have I never seen this thread before even though it was created in 2009?

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-14 06:39:11

At 10/13/23 12:52 PM, chenjoy wrote: ive been reading some convos in here, and damn, theyre pretty interesting. Newgrounds IS pretty interesting by itself already anyways, isnt it?

Newgrounds is idd very interresting. To me it feels like a place with so much creativity. I've not seen a place like this before

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-16 03:26:35

At 10/14/23 06:53 AM, chenjoy wrote: I wonder how has this place survived since 1999 lol

Not being run (or eventually bought out) by bigcorp trying to squeeze every last penny out of it as fast as possible might have something to do with it. It's definitely a rare thing on the internet for a place to hang out not to entirely enshittify.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-16 20:14:34

At 10/16/23 03:26 AM, Mich wrote:
At 10/14/23 06:53 AM, chenjoy wrote: I wonder how has this place survived since 1999 lol
Not being run (or eventually bought out) by bigcorp trying to squeeze every last penny out of it as fast as possible might have something to do with it. It's definitely a rare thing on the internet for a place to hang out not to entirely enshittify.

Pretty much, look at bandcamp right now, its in total shambles!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-20 04:08:11

Today is my birthday so I'm celebrating with this song!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:23:26

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/spotify-to-potentially-eliminate-royalties-for-lowest-streamed-tracks/

TLDR: Spotify plans to implement a minimum annual stream requirement before it pays royalties to independent artists. OOF.

Supposedly, this is to combat botting, AI generated music, and people making 30 second low effort trash on a playlist to generate revenue, but it's admitted that this push came from labels, who think they aren't getting enough royalties out of DSPs like Spotify already.

Does anyone else think this is a freaking joke? What alternatives do we have to Spotify these days, since Spotify makes up the majority of the DSP market in terms of royalties actually paid to independents?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:38:38

At 10/25/23 11:23 PM, ADR3-N wrote: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/spotify-to-potentially-eliminate-royalties-for-lowest-streamed-tracks/

TLDR: Spotify plans to implement a minimum annual stream requirement before it pays royalties to independent artists. OOF.

Supposedly, this is to combat botting, AI generated music, and people making 30 second low effort trash on a playlist to generate revenue, but it's admitted that this push came from labels, who think they aren't getting enough royalties out of DSPs like Spotify already.

Does anyone else think this is a freaking joke? What alternatives do we have to Spotify these days, since Spotify makes up the majority of the DSP market in terms of royalties actually paid to independents?

I recently saw that! Theres apple music, amazon music, juno download. few I can list from the top of my head

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:47:41

At 10/25/23 11:38 PM, Tapestoppa wrote: I recently saw that! Theres apple music, amazon music, juno download. few I can list from the top of my head

I have apple music already, as well as amazon. They pay royalties as far as I know. Juno download I've never heard of.

The folks I chat with on Twitter/X champion Audiomack. Have you heard of that?

BBS Signature