00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wizbird just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,793,666 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 16:42:10

Wait until a DJ from RG is on.. rather than listen to AutoBob. =D

I may hop on in a bit.. but.. yeah.. I was probably not gonna put too much on in the way of NG stuff... (HD space still at a premium here) I think Nav is working on some sets though

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 17:11:17

RADIOGROUNDS

Wow. I never knew of that until now. Thanks!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 17:20:48

Radiogrounds

I'm DJing right now. =D

Tune in Nao!!

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 17:33:05

Radiogrounds

I remember seeing that once. I've never actually listened, I'll have to check it out some time and listen in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 17:47:36

At 1/29/09 05:23 PM, diminitive wrote: Radio Grounds

I can't tune in until they let the dj's stream from server 2 also :( All I get is autobob.

Dial up really does suck.

Damn. Hopefully someone will fix that.. I'll put a topic in the RG forum about it.

For anyone not restricted to dial-up though.. I'll probably be on for a while. We've only got like 4 listeners in there now. The server could easily hold another 30. Which means..... you should tune in. >=[

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 19:37:34

Hey guys... I still can't believe I've yet to post in the new Audio Forum Lounge, its growing extremely fast, 13 pages already!? Pretty strange rules with the whole subject thing, at first I thought everyone was going crazy...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 20:46:17

At 1/29/09 08:43 PM, Deflektor wrote: Hey, dude ! Long time no see ! How are you ?

Hey man, its going great. I'm pretty excited about tomorrow because it's my birthday :D

I feel pretty bad about not listening to any of your songs in a long time; I shall listen now ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 20:52:00

Well then, happy day to you :)

Yeah, it's cold here in *UNDISCLOSED*. We had a bit of a break today, (over freezing) but it's gonna snow more, to add to the foot already on the ground.

Downtempo Lounging music... good stuff. Relaxation is what i need :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 22:31:30

At 1/29/09 05:20 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Radiogrounds

You're DJ'ing there? I couldn't see your name on the DJ list. But I've finally got around to chucking it into my iTunes.

MAC Broadcasting
Since we're on the topic of radiogrounds, do you think either you or Nav could pick up on announcing the MAC winners on Radiogrounds like what used to happen? I for one, would love that feature back (even though I didn't actually ever catch the results, it was the concept that I liked), and I think it'd be easier for one of you guys to do it, rather than PsychoGoldfish...

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 23:07:39

At 1/29/09 10:31 PM, WritersBlock wrote:
At 1/29/09 05:20 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Radiogrounds
You're DJ'ing there? I couldn't see your name on the DJ list. But I've finally got around to chucking it into my iTunes.

MAC Broadcasting
Since we're on the topic of radiogrounds, do you think either you or Nav could pick up on announcing the MAC winners on Radiogrounds like what used to happen? I for one, would love that feature back (even though I didn't actually ever catch the results, it was the concept that I liked), and I think it'd be easier for one of you guys to do it, rather than PsychoGoldfish...

Hellz Yeah!

And.. the reason my name wasn't on the DJ page.. was because I just now got my DJ profile finished lol.

But yeah, I originally was going to try to do that with Trancegiving when that was going on.. but I had been thinking about that. It'd be a great way to draw listeners, and bring back a nice bit of MAC tradition.

Sooooo yeah! Definitely.

We'll have to figure out a time that will work for most of the MAC applicants.. personally.. I've got a very very flexible schedule. So.. most any time that a broadcast would be needed.. I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 23:08:54

At 1/29/09 10:31 PM, WritersBlock wrote: MAC Broadcasting

if they did that would I still be announced regularly, cause I dont tune into radiogrounds....

Lemonsourkid made me somefin

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 23:12:05

At 1/29/09 11:08 PM, HolyTomato wrote: if they did that would I still be announced regularly, cause I dont tune into radiogrounds....

Yes. There is always a detailed list posted after the broadcast. We also typically record the broadcasts as well.. so they can be listened to later.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-29 23:22:12

Mother Fucking HardDrives!!!

My piece of shit hard drive died so now i lost ALL my crappy songs... DAMNIT!!! This sucks ass.

SO maybe... If you guys have a heart or a soul... I need some samples, soundfonts, and vsts... FREE ONES!!!

So, NOT ILLEGAL!...

for god sakes you damn pirates...

So far I found this VST site! which has some pretty good classical instruments...

Thank you...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 00:25:09

At 1/30/09 12:16 AM, diminitive wrote: But I submitted 3 minutes of nothing... just silence. Lol then some guy never read the title of it I guess. I called it "Pure Silence"

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/112000/112566 _Untitled.jpg

LOL WIN =D

Crap Submissions

I've still got like.. a 3 second hardstyle loop sittin in my pile of music here. It's more or less made of fail and laziness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 00:47:13

Radiogrounds & MAC broadcasting cont...

At 1/29/09 11:07 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
And.. the reason my name wasn't on the DJ page.. was because I just now got my DJ profile finished lol.

Ok, cool, I haven't heard anything about radiogrounds in a while, so it's great to see it's still got keen interest for people to work on it. I'll be listening frequently from now on. ;D

But yeah, I originally was going to try to do that with Trancegiving when that was going on.. but I had been thinking about that. It'd be a great way to draw listeners, and bring back a nice bit of MAC tradition.

Sooooo yeah! Definitely.

Awesome, you should talk to Maestro about it, I'm sure he'd be up for it.

We'll have to figure out a time that will work for most of the MAC applicants.. personally.. I've got a very very flexible schedule. So.. most any time that a broadcast would be needed.. I can do.

That's great to hear. Hopefully, it'll peak interest in both the MAC competitions and Radiogrounds.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 02:37:53

crap submissions

I submitted this for the lulz but I took it down because I got embarrassed... not that anyone saw it anyway.

Also I had some fun with mah new synth sylenth1: SIX FLAGS YESSSSS I could probably replicate that song pretty well, but I don't want to put the effort into something that stupid.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 03:51:18

decent submissions?

Ok so I'm new to the portal, and if you guys want to check out my stuff, I think it's at least decent, so check it out and tell me what you think. It's my dream to make it to the bigtime, but eh who knows. But mainly for dem hiphop lovin fans lol.

-Trixsta

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 04:08:01

At 1/30/09 03:51 AM, NextGenRappa wrote: decent submissions?

Ok so I'm new to the portal, and if you guys want to check out my stuff, I think it's at least decent, so check it out and tell me what you think. It's my dream to make it to the bigtime, but eh who knows. But mainly for dem hiphop lovin fans lol.

-Trixsta

We're just linking to funny crap we made :p Not advertising our music.
So you might want to go here with that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 08:45:56

At 1/29/09 11:30 PM, Bjra wrote: halfway decent artist intentionally uploading crap onto the portal

seriously am i the only one >:(

Have you heard "LOL COMEDY"?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 10:26:04

Vulgarity and Hard drives

Holy shit! You just scared me into backing up my hard drive.

Well mostly just all my samples, vsts, soundfonts, project files and what not.

I would be fucked if I lost all those.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 10:55:16

At 1/29/09 11:30 PM, Bjra wrote: halfway decent artist intentionally uploading crap onto the portal

seriously am i the only one >:(

nope.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 10:55:43

FUNNY COMMERCIAL
I laughed my ass off when i saw this commercial.
thought you audio peeps would get a laugh out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmZu4lQa 9M

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 11:03:03

RadioGrounds

I can really see this place getting big, all it need's is more traffic! :P

Oh and Echoz, i'll be able to Dj with you on the weekend! Who cares if nobody listens! :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 11:05:14

At 1/30/09 10:55 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: FUNNY COMMERCIAL
I laughed my ass off when i saw this commercial.
thought you audio peeps would get a laugh out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmZu4lQa 9M

Very funny indeed. But I think the guy was in the right place... Just a bit misguided... :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 13:24:13

Radiogrounds

At 1/30/09 11:03 AM, Koriigahn wrote: I can really see this place getting big, all it need's is more traffic! :P

Oh and Echoz, i'll be able to Dj with you on the weekend! Who cares if nobody listens! :P

I am officially the DJ who can go for the longest! :P

That was one hell of a 3.5 hour set the other night.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 14:05:51

Radiogrounds

I was on there for a bit last night. Good deal. Give us a shout out whenever you guys are going up there, I definitely wouldn't mind listening.

Commercial

Dude, that's hillarious.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 17:01:22

Lira is late

but huzzah, the Lounge is back. All that hiatus-type-thing-ing from the AP paid off. :D

And singing. That too.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 18:12:25

Synthe click

I made a lead from scratch in Sylenth1 but when I filter or if you listen to it hard enough you can hear an annoying click like sound whenever it plays. Sytrus had a nice Declick setting but Sylenth1 doesn't have it :( anyone know how I can fix this? Do I need to turn the release up or something?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 18:47:10

Synthe Click

Maybe it's just your computer trying to play it? Try rendering it out to a wav or something to see if it's still there... I'd guess its something to do with the attack or release envelopes

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-30 19:16:08

Shitty Subs

Yeah I did that twice. But both times those songs got 4.2 ratings! WTF!!

The songs are on my page, one called Piano/String Tutorial that I was sure wouldn't break the 2 mark, and one was my first song ever, which currently enjoys a better rating than my almost perfect remake of FF8's Edea Battle, done completely by ear!

FUCKING HARDDRIVE!!!!! ANGRY FAIC (>8O)

http://www.papelmedia.de/english/downloa d2.htm
7 really good SFs

http://www.sf2midi.com/
Tons of good SFs

http://www.kvraudio.com/
I'm gonna pimpslap you for not going here first

http//My freaking harddrive. cock
too bad I'm too lazy to upload them to teh internetz.

http colon slash slash steal east west ya bastard!
It's what the kool kids do.