00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,787,932 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 17:42:36

itt we talk to ourselves in non-bolded text
wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 17:43:12

At 1/25/09 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'm surprised all of you had heard of it - I didnt think anyone outside of CANADA watched it - becasue whenever I ask americans about it - they all just seem to give me blank stares..

and yes I was horribly addicted to that show.. ahh bob..

grown up enzo and turbo were my faves..

and guess what - apparently they are working on more reboot movies - yay!

GAH. An american that doesn't know of reboot obviously didn't watch television growing up or was too young for it. It was on kids wb and cartoon network... and even further back it was on abc. That show was too epic...

You would have a thing for matrix chron. Personally, I really liked Hexadecimal. She was too funny. Sure she could destroy all of mainframe without even trying. But that's boring. She'd much rather sit in her chair all day and do nothing. Anyone who wants to do some homework, heres a reboot wiki

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 17:54:23

Reboot
I would watch that show whenever I could. Hexadecimal freaked me out.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 18:17:29

Really godly hand-over-earth swirly aura icon-like thingie

But for how many years exactly? How many YEARS!! WRHORIOARIORIO!!!!!!

Reboot

Okay, so most of you have probably seen the show (I wish I had found it sooner, I only saw if a few times) but how many of you have played the game? I know I did!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 20:48:56

REBOOT

Well after seeing the wiki some old memories start coming back of reboot, But i still dont remeber that show very well. I guess i was to young to remember...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 22:15:45

ATLANTIC CITY

Yeah so i went there and i drank alot and i gambled a little.. i will never understand the thrill people get from gambling. i lost like 30 bucks.. even when i was up in money at no point did i enjoy it.
i felt like i paid 30 bucks to be bored. but the rest of the vacation was awesome.. but i think id rather go with a different group next time. The neuroticness and impulsiveness of the people i went with was mind numbing.
i prefer more mellow people.

i came home and my dog had a soup can over her head.. chihuahua.. yeah it was funny .. she could have died but she was ok.. thats the last time. i leave the dogs alone for more than 16 hours. EITHER THAT OR ILL JUST REMEBER TO TAKE OUT THE RECYCLING BEFORE I LEAVEgahh caps.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-25 22:22:43

At 1/25/09 10:15 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: i came home and my dog had a soup can over her head.. chihuahua.. yeah it was funny .. she could have died but she was ok.. thats the last time. i leave the dogs alone for more than 16 hours. EITHER THAT OR ILL JUST REMEBER TO TAKE OUT THE RECYCLING BEFORE I LEAVEgahh caps.

RECYCLING

its very important to get your shit straight, you dont want captain planet coming and raping your ass..or you know...chronamut...

Lemonsourkid made me somefin

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 00:33:10

Titles?

Guys don't mind if I don't use them?

Rucklo
I love you.

New Lounge

It's ok...I miss the old one like a fat kid misses cake.
I do feel like it's going to get a little spammy (whoops), but in the end, Rucklo will come to the rescue.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 02:19:49

Drawing

Any of you guys pick up a pencil instead of a keyboard every so often? I used to draw all the time, but lost the urge after discovering computer music. I drew an entry recently for that monster collab Tom mentioned, and it felt good to get back to pen and paper.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 02:23:39

At 1/26/09 02:19 AM, Rig wrote:

Drawing

Any of you guys pick up a pencil instead of a keyboard every so often? I used to draw all the time, but lost the urge after discovering computer music. I drew an entry recently for that monster collab Tom mentioned, and it felt good to get back to pen and paper.

Sometimes. I really wish I had some more of my stuff from last year on my hard drive, but I don't do a really good job documenting. This was from an abstraction piece for my drawing class last year. We had to take several pictures of a still life, then chop them up and rearrange them to form anew piece upon which we could basically do whatever we wanted.

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 03:17:07

Drawing

I'm doing that right now as a matter of fact. I have to draw a pepper for my drawing class tomorrow and my teacher wants it larger than life size, like football size. I'm really not good at blowing things up, I can draw things SMALLER, or the same size, but when I blow them up it's nearly impossible to get the proportions right, all the curves the right angles and lengths. I finally got the sketch down and it took me like half an hour, when it should've taken me 10-15 minutes. Now I have to do contour and cross contour lines to show the forms and it's fucking HARD I don't know how to do this! FYI it's hatching and cross hatching at the edges of shapes to make them look 3 dimensional and I really suck at it. The other two peppers he wanted "topographical lines" which are like horizontal and vertical cross sections of the shape. I'll post it when I'm done and you'll see what I mean. And btw I had to go out and BUY this pepper even though I won't eat it.

I forgot to mention I'm in art school if you didn't guess, majoring in illustration so I get all uptight about stuff like this. I DEMAND PERFECTION :P

And here's my deviantART

btw Quarl that's really cool

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 03:44:48

Drawing
I can't honestly say I've ever even tried to take up any sort of art that would even vaguely resemble drawing. Apart from the usual scribbles during classes, I never really drew anything since the time when I was about three years old. Then again, sometimes I scribble all too much during classes, so I suppose you could say I have quite a large art collection. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 04:24:40

At 1/25/09 03:46 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Working in albums
Yeah like you guys might have guessed, under the name 'Interwave'

Why that name? What's wrong with your NG one?

ARE WE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!? :'C

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 04:24:56

At 1/26/09 03:17 AM, gregaaron89 wrote: I forgot to mention I'm in art school

Music and art? Nice.

I don't know why, but whenever I sit down and draw, I end up with these weird cyborg monster things.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 04:48:57

Drawing

At 1/26/09 04:24 AM, Rig wrote:
At 1/26/09 03:17 AM, gregaaron89 wrote: I forgot to mention I'm in art school
Music and art? Nice.

Yeah you'd think so but when you want to dedicate my life to both of them it gets tough... either way I fear I'll be eating ramen every meal and living in an apartment full of cockroaches. And worst of all I'll probably have to abandon one of them, and it will most likely be my music when I get a steady illustration job. My fantasy is to get just big enough with my music that I can make enough to live comfortably and do what I love.

But I'm a lot better at art than I am at music, and trying to even get noticed at all in the EDM field is hopeless. And I feel completely mediocre at drawing compared to all the other people going into the illustration field. I just don't have the technical skill and the motivation. Well I'm just a freshman I'll see how it goes. Most likely I'll just end up living with my parents lol.

Enough of that emo bullshit, have some fucking peppers! :D

why the fuck do i keep saying these things to myself?!! I'm sorry for ranting.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 04:50:47

oops

that should've been

At 1/26/09 04:48 AM, gregaaron89 wrote:
Yeah you'd think so but when you want to dedicate your life to both of them it gets tough...

fucking typos

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 04:51:14

At 1/26/09 04:48 AM, gregaaron89 wrote: Enough of that emo bullshit, have some fucking peppers! :D

That's definitely the coolest drawing of a vegetable I have ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 05:10:25

DRAWING
I've drawn with a pencil, but i've always been better with a mouse.

Iscribble ftw :P

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 05:32:21

At 1/26/09 04:51 AM, Hades0013 wrote:
At 1/26/09 04:48 AM, gregaaron89 wrote: Enough of that emo bullshit, have some fucking peppers! :D
That's definitely the coolest drawing of a vegetable I have ever seen.

thanks :P at least i can take pride in little stuff like this, it keeps me going.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 05:49:11

I drew, and then scanned, and then photoshopped this. My friend made one, so I wanted to do one too!

OMG PINK HAIR!?!?!??! =O

The Audio Forum Lounge

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 08:33:03

At 1/26/09 02:19 AM, Rig wrote:

Drawing

i never pick the keyboard up

i can draw with a righthanded mouse and my left hand on the tablet, at the same time, beat that righthanded scum

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 09:24:13

drawing

I wish I was good at it...
I do like to paint though. Nothing great, just something that passes the time and gets my mind off of things.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 12:24:21

At 1/26/09 04:48 AM, gregaaron89 wrote:
Enough of that emo bullshit, have some fucking peppers! :D

why the fuck do i keep saying these things to myself?!! I'm sorry for ranting.

Peppers

Is it a green.. yellow.. or red pepper?... Or a pablano?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 12:56:09

My new name, working in albums

At 1/26/09 04:24 AM, Nintechno wrote:
At 1/25/09 03:46 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Working in albums
Yeah like you guys might have guessed, under the name 'Interwave'
Why that name? What's wrong with your NG one?

It sounds downright arrogant, with the 'himself'

ARE WE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!? :'C

The community is reall nice, but if it comes to get your music you worked on for like a total of 3 full days (counted up), it's not a nice place when you're not a hyped artists. I mean, if you put just loads of effort in it, and like... 25 people get to listen to it, and then don't even bother reviewing, then it doesn't really drive me to put my work on. I'm not saying I won't ever put music on Newgrounds anymore, just the big works I started now, Interwave is my name for music I pour my soul in, I spend my time on and make with love and dedication.

My apologies for the wall of text.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 13:23:31

At 1/26/09 12:56 PM, MICHhimself wrote: The community is reall nice, but not a nice place when you're not a hyped artists. I mean, if you put just loads of effort in it, and like... 25 people get to listen to it, and etc.

Interwave?

Works fine by me. Have you made a new NG account for it as well.. or will you continue submitting here under MICHhimself?

Anywho.. I know what ya mean about NG. I love the people here.. the community is great. However... even if you manage to get a lot of listeners and such.. make a hit song or something.. under the current system... well.. it doesn't necessarily lead to overall popularity with listeners. That takes quite a while. (Or perhaps an extended stint on the top 30?)

On the other hand.. I don't really have much of a drive to put stuff somewhere else. Myspace.. I've had that for a while.. but that's not at all gonna really bring much exposure either. Decent for networking.. and in that manner.. it can bring exposure if you really work at it. (Going through and adding people at random... for example) But you basically have to bring people to your stuff. It's ridiculous. And similar things are no better. So... yeah.. I just make music when I feel like it and throw it up. Even if I do manage to "make it big" eventually.. well.. I'll still hang out here. Because I <3 joo guiz.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 14:04:25

Drawing

I, too, enjoy drawing.

The Audio Forum Lounge

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 14:06:20

Interwave?
I'm not thinking of submitting my Interwave music on here, since it's far too much effort.
Maybe demos though. I just created the account, so no-one would pretend to be me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting of newgrounds at all, I'm just serious about my music, and I go for it, but NG's not very rewarding for really hard work. I'll still submit songs on here, but not the best I can.
Though It might take even longer for songs to complete for 'MICHhimself' since I'm working on these projects hard now. And I already sucked at finishing songs XD

The community is just too great to leave :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 14:08:20

Drawing

Also, drugs are bad.

The Audio Forum Lounge

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 14:10:23

At 1/26/09 02:08 PM, ZENON wrote: Drawing

Also, drugs are bad.

Well appearantly they're not bad for you =O You create amazing music and drawings on drugs ^^
Just make sure you don't take too much and all :p Also, I'm not trying to get you to take more.. just saying

Myself, I fail at drawing, but I'm getting fairly good at photoshop

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-26 14:12:48

At 1/26/09 02:08 PM, ZENON wrote: Drawing

Also, drugs are bad.

Drawing

Surely psychedelics weren't involved here. ;D

BBS Signature