00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,227 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-11 23:07:50

2007-08 Islanders: great team, or GREATEST team?

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-12 06:26:18

At 3/11/08 04:08 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 3/11/08 03:05 AM, Gooch wrote: I know Marc-Andre Begeron wasn't having a good offensive year, but it didn't help to trade him away.
We traded Bergeron because he cannot play defense for his life; it was like watching a lower-paid version of Bryan McCabe. He singlehandedly cost us at least two games, and that's just off the top of my head.

*Drops Bergeron from Fantasy team* I've made some changes, but I get the feeling that I won't be seeing them make any difference to my overall standings :P

At least I'm in the top 4% of the NASCAR fantasy standings overall.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-13 15:31:20

At 3/12/08 06:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: At least I'm in the top 4% of the NASCAR fantasy standings overall.

Is that even something to be proud of?

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-13 15:39:03

At 3/13/08 03:31 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 3/12/08 06:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: At least I'm in the top 4% of the NASCAR fantasy standings overall.
Is that even something to be proud of?

It's an achievement, considering how poor I did last year :P

Anyway, the Avs caught a break from the Capitals and the Ducks last night, as they beat the Flames (Kolzing's 300th W) and The Canucks respectively. I wouldn't mind a series against the Flames, as it's stepping away from the perrenials, who have massive points totals, like Detroit, Dallas, San Jose and Anaheim. I'm sure we won't stay there forever, so it's going to make for some good TV.

Got to hope that Andrew Cogliano doesn't score an overtime winner against us tonight. He's got an NHL record with OT winners in his last 3 games, which is unusual, to say the least.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-13 17:32:23

So, at the beginning of the season, I bet my friend $100 that the Caps wouldn't make the playoffs. They're too close for comfort right now. What do you guys think: should I start making the big bucks at work, or expect to collect at around the beginning of April?

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-13 17:46:09

At 3/11/08 01:30 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: Iggy sets a new record.

Soo...?

The Oilers set up a Shootout Win NHL record which is not so good since you never want to give the other team a point especially if they're in your conference...

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-17 17:39:53

OKPOSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bring on jarome iginla jr.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-17 18:14:30

Woot! EDM snaps SJ's winning streak!!!!

But... i like SJ..

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-17 22:41:39

At 3/17/08 06:14 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Woot! EDM snaps SJ's winning streak!!!!

But... i like SJ..

Pick a side mate, pick a side.
I was always an SJ fan myself. Wanted them to get to the finals the past two years. Brian Campbell just increases my favoritism of them. I miss Soupy.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-18 16:31:14

At 3/17/08 10:41 PM, Tluck-Person wrote:
At 3/17/08 06:14 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Woot! EDM snaps SJ's winning streak!!!!

But... i like SJ..
Pick a side mate, pick a side.
I was always an SJ fan myself. Wanted them to get to the finals the past two years. Brian Campbell just increases my favoritism of them. I miss Soupy.

I'm not sure what side to choose?

I like them both and its a really hard decision to make...

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-22 02:17:17

OKPOSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

talk about a quick impact, sheeeiiiit

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-22 09:05:06

Oilers face Avs today...

Oilers got to WIN!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-23 01:48:52

Hatrick for Iginla!

At 4/22/09 12:38 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Raped by hongkong. NEXT.

Yeah, that was one champion of a post, wasn't it? -Zerok

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-23 05:49:20

At 3/23/08 03:25 AM, Gooch wrote: And how about the possibility of some of these first round playoff matchups? Boston against Montreal. Pittsburgh against Washington (Basically Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin). Even Detroit against Colorado. God, this is shaping up to be one of the more interesting playoff scenarios in recent years.

I'm getting the feeling that the Detroit / Colorado matchup is looking unlikely, as we're in freefall. Dropping a 7-5 decision to the Oilers last night indicates that we're back to where we were at this point last season.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-23 08:56:26

At 3/23/08 01:48 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: Hatrick for Iginla!

Sam Gagner was so close to getting a hat trick....

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-23 21:19:13

This is how I see the playoffs in the East happening (and of course, this is with a Buffalo bias).
I think Philly is still gonna make it, however, Buffalo will end up catching Boston, seeing as that would be easier, since Buffalo still has two more games against Boston, they just need to win those both, and that gets back those 4 points that they're down by. Then they just have to hope for some luck on their side and a bad streak on Boston's side.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-24 17:28:22

Jonathon Roy makes me wet in the pants.

This kind of thing is exactly why Ray Emery should be given a starting goaltender's job on some team: asskicking.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-24 18:54:46

At 3/24/08 05:28 PM, Buddhist wrote: Jonathon Roy makes me wet in the pants.

This kind of thing is exactly why Ray Emery should be given a starting goaltender's job on some team: asskicking.

lol.

Nah, what Jonathan Roy did was RIGHT!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 08:22:23

It's getting warm in the Northwest division, as every teams seems to be playing as inconsistently as one another. Colorado shut down the Flames and closed the gap up nicely. We've got to fend off the Oilers, as they're mounting a charge for the playoffs at the moment.

I'd watch for the Canucks, as they ahve games in hand over everyone else in the division and could sneak it from Minnesota. We've got some good hockey to look forward to over the next few weeks.

Jose Theodore again. He's coming back towards his MVP stuff, but he's about 12 months from that, I think ;)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 16:38:00

At 3/25/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: It's getting warm in the Northwest division, as every teams seems to be playing as inconsistently as one another. Colorado shut down the Flames and closed the gap up nicely. We've got to fend off the Oilers, as they're mounting a charge for the playoffs at the moment.

The Oilers Never Back Down ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 17:56:44

Damn, I hope the Avs can hold onto their spot. I think once Foppa really starts playing with them then they'll really take off.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 18:02:49

At 3/25/08 04:38 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: The Oilers Never Back Down ;)

*Drives nail through baseball bat* I'll be waiting for them :P

At 3/25/08 05:56 PM, Twerpo wrote: Damn, I hope the Avs can hold onto their spot. I think once Foppa really starts playing with them then they'll really take off.

Forsberg is good, but he's nowhere near the player he was when we won the cup with him in 2001. We were an awesome team then and all areas are sadly lacking, compared to those glory days... maybe we've got a coach that's on par, but that's about it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 18:48:19

At 3/24/08 06:54 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Nah, what Jonathan Roy did was RIGHT!

You know you've won a fight when your opponent is curled up in the fetal position on the ice, covering his head.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 22:27:16

So, let's just let Philly win out, and have the Caps lose out. That way the Caps miss the playoffs, and I make 100 bucks :-D

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-25 22:29:13

At 3/25/08 10:27 PM, Tluck-Person wrote: So, let's just let Philly win out, and have the Caps lose out. That way the Caps miss the playoffs, and I make 100 bucks :-D

Who seriously would want the caps in the playoffs?

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-26 01:58:11

Well I certainly hope the Oilers win against the Wild tomorrow. This would consolidate Calgary's lead of the NW Division. good luck Dark Soldier.

At 4/22/09 12:38 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Raped by hongkong. NEXT.

Yeah, that was one champion of a post, wasn't it? -Zerok

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-26 06:00:15

At 3/25/08 07:14 PM, Gooch wrote: Would anyone have honestly thought Toronto still has an outside shot at the playoffs this year, given the fact that they really sucked throughout all of this season?

I think they've made big progress, but they aren't into the playoffs yet. I think they will fall just short, like the Avs did last year (Granted, the Avs didn't suck as much as the leafs, but there you go) I think if there are any teams outside the playoff windows to watch at the moment, it's the Caps and the Oilers.

Crucial game tonight - Avalalanche hosting the Canucks, with the winner being 3 or 4 points clear of the team in 9th, with only 4 games left. It's tense, but the whole season will hinge upon the results over the next few days of hockey.

At 3/25/08 10:29 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Who seriously would want the caps in the playoffs?

*Raises hand* For the joy of watching Ovechkin and Huet in the post season, I would.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-26 06:20:57

Awesome in in dude im defenedly in

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-26 08:26:13

At 3/26/08 01:58 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: Well I certainly hope the Oilers win against the Wild tomorrow. This would consolidate Calgary's lead of the NW Division. good luck Dark Soldier.

Thanks for your support!

Good Luck with the Flames Hongkong!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2008-03-26 20:11:55

At 3/25/08 10:29 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Who seriously would want the caps in the playoffs?

Ovechkin is the man, I would love to see him take it up a notch in the playoffs.

BBS Signature