00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AaronOkami just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,260 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-20 14:01:48

I'm coming for you coop.
It feels good to be back in the top 10.

Thanks in part to Datsyuk 7.50 point night with his goal that happend to be the Game winner and his two assists, one of which was on the powerplay. Fedetenko's game winner, Langkow's goal and powerplay assist, CuJo's win, Richards 1 A and 1 PPA, St. Louis goal and Vandemeer and Pheanufs assists also helped out tonight.

In total a nice 25.50 point night. Plus I still have around half my roster playing tonight so hopefully they can help pad my 10th place.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-20 15:25:59

At 3/20/06 12:26 PM, mighty_potato wrote: WTF happened in Pittsburgh last night?

I saw that game too, apparently there was a small electrical fire but it was put out quickly and was no threat to the audience so they allowed the game to continue.

I liked that like pushing match between Crosby and McCabe at the end too, I thought something was gonna happen...

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-21 08:40:58

At 3/20/06 02:01 PM, da_pope wrote: I'm coming for you coop.

Ever since I lost Svatos, my season has been going downhill and now even my own team is against me (Joe Sakic's single handed demolition of the Kings earning VPoY about 12 points last night)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-21 20:33:22

At 3/21/06 08:40 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/20/06 02:01 PM, da_pope wrote: I'm coming for you coop.
Ever since I lost Svatos, my season has been going downhill and now even my own team is against me (Joe Sakic's single handed demolition of the Kings earning VPoY about 12 points last night)

And now tanguay is out for 2-4 weeks.
When it rains, it pours.

Key game tomorrow, with the Avs taking on the Ducks.
Ducks win, they're tied with Colorado for the 5th spot and have 2 gms in hand.
Avs win, they put a four point gap on Anaheim.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-22 09:04:14

At 3/21/06 08:33 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: And now tanguay is out for 2-4 weeks.
When it rains, it pours.

I'm considering using my IR spot and getting another palyer in his stead until he's fit again... probably best.

Key game tomorrow, with the Avs taking on the Ducks.
Ducks win, they're tied with Colorado for the 5th spot and have 2 gms in hand.
Avs win, they put a four point gap on Anaheim.

It's going to be a fun night.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-23 01:12:56

At 3/22/06 09:04 AM, Coop83 wrote:
It's going to be a fun night.

And it was.
If you're a ducks fan, that is.
Things got off to a bleak start when Anaheim got down 3-0 on triple first period goals by the Avs.
They kept themselves on life support when they cut it to 3-1. But, in the second the Avs extended it to 4-1 to all but secure a 4 pt lead on the Ducks.
But it was not to be, the Ducks netted one in the second and made it 4-2.
The third period though, was all ducks. The avs went on a stretch of 14 minutes without a shot and the Ducks tied it up.

But the OT would only make it only more exciting. Hedstrom was hauled down on his way to Budai. and, you guessed it
PENALTY SHOT IN OT
After some counseling from selanne, he headed out. He skated swiftly and made a slight head fake and zipped it straight into the back of the net.

Notes: Since it went to OT, the Avs got a point and still hold a 1 pt lead on the Ducks. The Ducks have 2 gams in Hand. Giguere was pulled in the first and Bryz came in and allowed 1 goal on his way to the win. 2nd time in three games that the goalie was pulled and the Ducks went on to win. 3rd time in 4th games the ducks have erased a deficet to win. Joe Sakic continues to fill in for the injured avs forwards, his wrist shot in the first was his 3rd goal in 2 gms.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-23 04:11:54

At 3/23/06 01:12 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: PENALTY SHOT IN OT

We amde mistakes (allowing them to come back after going 3-0 up on them, PS in OT)

I'm not too disheartened by it all, since you have to remember we are using a platoon of two rookies to tend the net until Jose 'I can't be bothered to go to practise today, let's try skating on my steps' Theodore returns in early April.

April can't come soon enough though.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-25 10:47:17

For those of you who don't know, Andy Murray of the Kings was fired.
They had to do something, they went from battling for a division title to struggling to remain in the playoffs.

And the Ducks defeated the Preds 6-3 last night, again coming back for the win. This time, they were only trailing by 1 goal. This puts them 1 point over the Avs with 1 game in hand. Their next game is against the Yotes.

And in Fantasy, I passed up Dobio for 7th. and I'm right behind 6th.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-26 11:02:00

With that 6-2 loss to Montreal last night, the Maple Leafs playoff hopes have just been buried deep in the cold, cold ground. I definitely don't know what I'm going to do with myself during the spring. I guess I'll have to start cheering for another Canadian team during the playoffs.

...as long as its not Ottawa.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-26 12:53:05

In fantasy I have a whale of a night, I jumped up three spots into 4th.

And the Ducks remain red hot, they're 9-1 in their last ten with the win over phoenix last night.

It was the third straight game in which they've scored 5 goals.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-26 12:58:01

At 3/26/06 11:02 AM, mighty_potato wrote: I guess I'll have to start cheering for another Canadian team during the playoffs.

Go Flames Go?
Well that is... If we make it.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-27 03:26:28

At 3/25/06 10:47 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: And the Ducks defeated the Preds 6-3 last night, again coming back for the win. This time, they were only trailing by 1 goal. This puts them 1 point over the Avs with 1 game in hand. Their next game is against the Yotes.

Blah Blah Blah, Avs passed the Ducks (and the Flames) last night with an OT loss to the oilers (2 points would have been much more appreciated)

Dammit, who have you got who's giving you such a boost?

At 3/26/06 12:58 PM, da_pope wrote: Go Flames Go?
Well that is... If we make it.

You'll make it... The Avs are mediocre and the Oilers are hot, so you may have to settle for 6th-8th in the conference. (I'd rather face the Flames in the 1st round than the Preds)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-27 18:11:59

At 3/27/06 03:26 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Dammit, who have you got who's giving you such a boost?

Sakic, Selanne, Huet, and my 3 Rangers.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-28 08:00:34

At 3/27/06 06:11 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Sakic, Selanne, Huet, and my 3 Rangers.

Sakic and the Rangers are both on fire. Selanne is putting up monster numbers (compared to his frankly shite career with the Avs) Huet seems to have knocked Aebischer out of the starting role for Montreal, so I'd better look for a new goalie.

trade?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-30 00:18:42

Flames Get Another Important 2 Points Versus The Kings Today... To The Cheer's of the pacific division teams :P

It was cool to see Conroy get a huge applause when got rewarded the Third Star... to bad he didn't come out and do a skate.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-30 04:22:21

At 3/30/06 12:18 AM, da_pope wrote: Flames Get Another Important 2 Points Versus The Kings Today... To The Cheer's of the pacific division teams :P

This race is building up nicely for those last two games between the Avs and Flames. I'm looking forward to them (Friday night is the next game)

It was cool to see Conroy get a huge applause when got rewarded the Third Star... to bad he didn't come out and do a skate.

I hate it when players don't come and skate for their applause. It's not giving the fans what they want and they've suffered a lot over recent times.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-30 11:12:24

At 3/30/06 04:22 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/30/06 12:18 AM, da_pope wrote:

I hate it when players don't come and skate for their applause. It's not giving the fans what they want and they've suffered a lot over recent times.

Teams should start taking a page from the Rangers and joining at center ice to salute the crowd after a win.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-30 21:17:37

At 3/30/06 04:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: I hate it when players don't come and skate for their applause. It's not giving the fans what they want and they've suffered a lot over recent times.

Well Conroy was on the away team.. He got a cheer from the crowd because of his great attributes to the team when he was a Flames last season.

Kipper skated all the way across the ice and gave a girl his stick then skated around the rink and went back in the dressing room.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-03-31 07:34:35

At 3/30/06 11:12 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Teams should start taking a page from the Rangers and joining at center ice to salute the crowd after a win.

That's a nice touch, the fans have earned it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-01 01:03:18

Haha Good day for me and a bad one for Coop.
Flames reclaim 1st place in the NW with a huge win 6-3 over the Avs and I found out that I passed Coop in the NGHL. Not by much though... 3 points ahead of him.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-01 01:18:28

The stars are now 11-1 in shootouts.

Ducks claim victory, and move ahead of the Canucks, who fell in a shootout to the wild.

The Avs got stomped, but it had an upside for me, Sakic potted a pair. :)

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-01 09:46:09

At 4/1/06 01:03 AM, da_pope wrote: Haha Good day for me and a bad one for Coop.
Flames reclaim 1st place in the NW with a huge win 6-3 over the Avs and I found out that I passed Coop in the NGHL. Not by much though... 3 points ahead of him.

OWSOME!!!FLAMES ARE MY BET!!!!!!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-01 09:47:32

At 4/1/06 01:18 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: The stars are now 11-1 in shootouts.

wow thats amazing

Ducks claim victory, and move ahead of the Canucks, who fell in a shootout to the wild.

DUCKS!!!!CANUCKS!!!!! I LIKE THEM BOTH!!!!!

The Avs got stomped, but it had an upside for me, Sakic potted a pair. :)

flames are just better

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-02 12:43:04

In fantasy I moved into third and2nd is within reach, but nobody is going to catch Aapo, he really dominated.

Also, Dan Cloutier is returning to action within the next two games, as well as Jovo and Salo. I can only hope this will further help my team finish as high as possible.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-03 08:58:09

At 4/1/06 01:03 AM, da_pope wrote: Haha Good day for me and a bad one for Coop.

Bastard.

I'll get it back, and I hope the Avs will also.

At 4/1/06 09:46 AM, chunga1 wrote: OWSOME!!!FLAMES ARE MY BET!!!!!!

Your bet for what? [/caps]

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-05 17:38:20

That Rangers/Philly game yesterday was spectacular. One of the best goaltending performances I've seen all year by Esche. He stopped 10+ QUALITY chances.
Not by the Rangers as a team, but 10+ against JUST Jagr, the leading goal scorer. He eventually lost in a shootout, but him getting Philly a point was impressive.

Also, I noticed my closest competitor in NGHL has several Kings players, while I, have 3 Ducks on my squad. He started to pull away a few days back, but the Ducks routed the kings and snapped Garon's two game shutout-streak in a big way. Duck forwards beat Garon 5 different time and added and empty netter to claim a 6-2 win. All of my Ducks factored into the win, with Selanne getting the game winner and vaulting me into second place.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-05 18:24:14

Still got that 9th place... It's a tight race.

Flames can clinch if they win atleast 3 of there last 7 games (or a win 2 wins and an OT loss)... Let's hope they start with a win over in the 'Yotes tonight!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-05 19:07:05

At 4/5/06 06:31 PM, -Canas- wrote: You should... you know... expand your horizons beyond Calgary too.

Well... All the other teams I cheer for me are not in the Playoffs (i.e. Islanders) or are fighting the Flames for position in the west (Ducks) so ya... What can I do?

THATS ALL I HERE FROM YOU SINCE THE PLAYOFFS. FLAMES THIS, FLAMES THAT.

You probably heard it before that to... Oh wait. You weren't signed up yet... Still.

We are most certainly not the greatest team, nor do I think we are particularly brilliant either. I can see that...

Well you're not a hardcore Flames fan like me then... If the waiting list weren't so ungodly long I'd be at every home game this season.

WHY CAN'T YOU?

Flame coloured glasses.

(

:)

Frown

Smile

(

:)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-05 19:13:24

At 4/5/06 07:11 PM, -Canas- wrote: I think you clearly have no idea what a "hardcore fan" is.

I schedule my life around the Flames Televised schedule.
It's hardcore. I was on here before the Flames run.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-04-05 21:21:42

No need to not cheer for the Ducks if you like the flames, since the flames have the luxury of being in the Northwest. While that's often considerred the toughest division, it seems to be the easiest to nab the 3rd spot with.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature