00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SumMadLad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

786,632 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 15:18:12

At 6/23/09 02:15 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 6/23/09 02:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I shall be happy to join if you would like me within your ranks? However I join only to review, do I have to post when I reviewed something and receive points? I do not wish to, I only want to join to review.

You only have to post your points totals the first week that you join. It's just so the list updater knows who to look for when looking for new members. So sometime before the due date on the next list post your score and then you won't ever have to do it again. It's simple enough and that way you can be on our list!

I don't think I've really been accepted yet, but I'm working on it, if you want to join just to review, well, you might as well not bother joining, and review on your own... If you want to receive the points I imagine you'll have to post... Otherwise they may forget about you or something, y'know? And the more posting we have in here the better.

I'll accept both of you, but as sonofkirk has already said you may need to work on the quality of your reviews a bit. Take example of some of Coop's or Haggard's reviews in my opinion. They are about the quality that you are shooting for.

Reviews in the club are a little different then when you review casually. These people really want help in how to make their stuff better and you have to muster up every thing that you can think for each review to do exactly that. I'm sure you can manage that!

It's a great club really. Great members and a lot of fun.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 16:21:17

At 6/23/09 10:42 AM, SCTE3 wrote: All review for the week have been finished.

Completing the reviews: 5x10=50 points
Review Request Club at bottom of reviews: 1x10=10
Posting at least once during this week: 3 points

63 points total

Wait, I thought sonofkirk posted 12 total to review before next Sunday? The 2 flash, 3 audio, and 7 art.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 17:25:34

At 6/23/09 05:05 PM, T-N-T wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 47177
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 49200

Reviewed.

Very good job by the way, I enjoyed them, and your vocals are not bad at all on the Pink Floyd song.
The Floyd song sounded a bit choppy though, like I said in the reviews you may want to get a better recording device, but it still sounds very good.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 18:53:33

Hello all, I was hoping I can get some reviews on a remastered track. Please and thank you.

I would also like to join, I review on my own as it is so I will drop by here every now and then.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-23 20:51:59

At 6/23/09 01:05 PM, sonofkirk wrote: Also should we count a recommendation as a real request or as a submission we are encouraged to review (no points rewarded for it)?

We did in the past, I don't see a problem with it.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 00:58:14

I need to get those audio reviews done soon, I've been putting them off because, well, I don't really know what "good" music sounds like. It's like art. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to review audio?

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 08:12:46

At 6/24/09 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I need to get those audio reviews done soon, I've been putting them off because, well, I don't really know what "good" music sounds like. It's like art. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to review audio?

That's something else that I'm not good with. If you don't really know what makes good music then perhaps you know what makes bad music?

That's basically what I do. I don't know how to make things better or anything like that so I tend to say the small mistakes that I see, static, being too repetitive, too simply, too messy, etc.. And also because I don't know much about music I also treat it like art. I make up a small story or situation where it could be used in a flash or what the music makes me feel.

It's also why I tend to give higher scores, because I don't find it fair to give something a low score if I don't exactly know about it.

Anyway, those are the only tips that I can give and it's basically what I try to do in every review. I'm sure some other people may have some tips, hopefully some more people that create audio can give you some good information.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 08:44:21

At 6/24/09 08:12 AM, Corky52 wrote: Good advice

If you don't understand audio production then Corky's advice is the best. When you start creating audio you start hearing the individual sounds of the instruments and the slight effects that you never really picked up on before. Plus you can point out what is what in a song because you work with similar tools as well.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 13:31:47

This song is not final. I am looking for suggestions and even ideas for a title. Whatever improvements you think it may need, please tell me. Thank you.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 15:16:13

At 6/24/09 08:12 AM, Corky52 wrote: Anyway, those are the only tips that I can give and it's basically what I try to do in every review. I'm sure some other people may have some tips, hopefully some more people that create audio can give you some good information.

What you said about reviewing audio is exact and that's a good way to review audio when you don't know much about it. Though I can think about other things you can easily talk about in audio reviews.

You can give your opinion about the overall sound quality, if the sound is clean or dirty, how professional the song sounds, if it's smooth and pleasant to listen to... You can also comment on the mix, say if all the instruments levels are good or if an instrument is too prominent in the mix.

What's more, tell the artist what you think about the overall ambiance of the song, If it makes you think about a period of your life, a film, a person, a season or whatever, tell it to the artist, it's always nice to see your music stimulate people's imagination. Also,

I guess that if you put together the tips above and the ones from Corky, you can write a really good review even if you don't know anything about music.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 16:24:18

Can I join? It seemed like in the first there was no requirements, so I guess I can join? :D

I will improve my reviews because the couple I have done are some of my first and I didn't really know what to say, but now I've had a look at flash a bit and some audio programs I know how to use proper terminology and stuff, if I get accepted I'll pop this thread in mah sig. ^__^

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 17:42:20

At 6/24/09 04:24 PM, Alfierulz wrote: Can I join? It seemed like in the first there was no requirements, so I guess I can join? :D

I will improve my reviews because the couple I have done are some of my first and I didn't really know what to say, but now I've had a look at flash a bit and some audio programs I know how to use proper terminology and stuff, if I get accepted I'll pop this thread in mah sig. ^__^

You can join if you improve your reviews like you mentioned that you would and post your points total up before Sunday. Make sure you read the first page over well and that you keep up with the latest list.

So go ahead, check out the latest list, check the people who are already in the club and take some tips from their reviews and start writing some helpful reviews!

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 18:50:53

At 6/24/09 06:36 PM, sk8erboi13 wrote: Can anyone review my new art?

I've seen those pictures before, they're not yours...
I would review them if they weren't stolen.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-24 21:05:28

I reviewed all the flash requests so far this week. I don't think I'll be doing too many audio and art reviews as they're not really my forte.

Hopefully I'll finish my new flash soon that you guys can review :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 06:00:40

At 6/21/09 10:52 AM, Corky52 wrote: 100%!!!

Sometime when I have time I'll see how long I've been 100%. I think it's been quite awhile.

Your first update here was on 6/29/08. If you didn't miss one since then, then it's been nearly a year.

Also, for shits and giggles: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/250609/2 1407_noob.JPG

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 08:50:05

Regarding various art submissions that have been reported as stolen, we will only accept requests for art that is from a previously scouted user. If there are suggestions that these submissions are stolen, please PM either myself or sonofkirk to clarify. Also, if you have evidence to show where they are stolen from, please PM an Art Mod, who can deal with it.

Banstick FTW!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 09:33:00

Strange that someone who steals a piece of art would draw more attention to it by requesting reviews...

But then why would someone steal it if they don't want it to get attention.

Ahh, why stealing things makes no sense to me.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 12:22:41

We can flag art for stolen art for whistle points? I'm still not entirely sure how the whistles work.

Going to start reviewing now

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 12:25:52

Finally done with the reviews (I double checked, so...). Isn't it strange how the "Your review: x / X" on the art submissions changes back to "Write a review!" on the art portal when you reload the page?
At least it gives you an error message saying that you already reviewed the piece if you try to submit another review. But it makes checking if you already reviewed a submission so much harder...

Also, still waiting for the NG staff to add art reviews to our profiles!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 13:38:26

Here is the preview of the requests you will have to complete for the update of July, 5th. In the old thread, "preview lists" used to be posted in the thread every Thursdays so it keeps the thread organized and you can check more easily which requests you have done.

Though I talked with Coop83 and we ended up thinking that creating those lists on Thursday is almost useless since a similar lists is posted with the update, three days later. So those lists will be posted if either Coop83 or I have to chance to, then if you don't see the list on Thursday don't panic, it's not that important.

Flash Requests (7)
Fizz (Episode 1) By Peter (Jimtopia)
Residend Shittits 5 By Rhys Wittingslow (RhysMus)
Shark Black: Snowblind UC By Celx R (Celx-Requin)
Headlights On Dark Roads By Insanimation
DANCE!! By Insanimation
WALK! By Insanimation
-8bit Clouds- Collab By Everett (Mexifry)

Audio Requests (6)
Alex:Co - Sky Island By AlexCo
Cold Foot Syndrome By Sawdust
(Full) Brain Damage Cover By Tyler Neinast (T-N-T)
Numb (Acoustic Cover) By Tyler Neinast (T-N-T)
Everything *Remastered* By djconnect
Hardcore Demo By jxl180

Art Requests (0)
Well, no art request since previous update. Hopefully we will get more in the future.

At 6/25/09 12:22 PM, Alfierulz wrote: We can flag art for stolen art for whistle points? I'm still not entirely sure how the whistles work.

Apparently the short answer would be no, but I saw some threads about it in the Wi/Ht? Forums that could provide more accurate information. Read this and this.

At 6/25/09 12:58 PM, Mexifry wrote: I always wanted to be a reviewer, but frankly that point system or whatever is way too confusing. haha

Well, if you think the point system is too confusing, just review on your own, but I'm sure you are not more stupid than all of us and you can understand the point system by reading carefully the first post of this thread ;).

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-25 21:20:01

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-26 07:46:33

Saw a billion (or so) Michael Jackson tributes today, so I decided I'd had enough- time to fight bad quality animations with bad quality animations!
So ironically, I went to criticize them through my own almost-but-not-nearly as bad ways (some of them), so... here is my...
Tribute to Tributes!

Reviewing is good for your health!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-26 13:06:40

Anyone want to review my art submission?

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-26 13:57:40

A demo version of a song I'm working on, it's about 2:40 long so you can get a good idea of the song. Looking for feedback, comments, or critique on this song. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-26 15:05:52

Okay I think I've done this right, all reviewed with the tag at the bottom and a post. 75 points I think, Basically max points apart from the 2 weeks all done bonus

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-26 17:32:20

Can someone please review and vote my art and most possibly my other piece of art?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-27 22:34:34

Okay, I'm not going to mess it up this time.

All reviews for the week of 6/21/09 to 6/28/09 have been completed.

Total points: 82.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-27 22:58:53

I'm going though alot of changes in my life now and thats why i have not had time for this place now i do and i am a bit confused on the point system :::i did read the first post::: you have a week to review the things posted on the list? i'm a bit lost.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-28 07:30:40

Well, here is my points total:

Reviews: 12 (x5) = 60pts
Club at end: 11 [Forgot one] (x1) = 11pts
Post once = 3pts
All Reviews = 7pts

Total: 81 pts

SONOFKIRK is GOD

Nicolas made me do it :3

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-06-28 11:09:48

Hello guys, how has the week been? Apparently it was a successful week for the club with a decent amount of requests and most of all some motivated members who completed either all the requests or most of them, good job!

An other issue have popped up during this week regarding to art submissions, should we accept unscouted art submission requests? We are unsure about the legality of the submission if it's not scouted and we won't review unworthy material so the short answer would be no.

But since a artist can be scouted and then unscouted if he breaks any rule, that makes things more complex. If an artist request a review on a scouted submission get unscouted some time later, what should we do? Taking off this request from the list? Taking account of it, we should accept any art submission and do what is necessary - taking off the request.

On the list now, I added some feature to it, nothing too great though. I just added all the weekly statistics (gain, requests done and ratio) so you can really see what you've done since the previous update. Hopefully it doesn't look to messy ;).

One more thing, I added every new members who completed requests this week even those who didn't posted their points on the thread as I would desperately like people to do. One of my friend in particular which username starts with Metal and ends with Therapy, but I added him just because he has a Gold Whistle, so go easy on him ;).

Here are the requests that will have to complete for next update, on Sunday, 5th. Enjoy the update!

Flash Requests (10)
Fizz (Episode 1) By Peter (Jimtopia)
Residend Shittits 5 By Rhys Wittingslow (RhysMus)
Shark Black: Snowblind UC By Celx R (Celx-Requin)
Headlights On Dark Roads By Insanimation
DANCE!! By Insanimation
WALK! By Insanimation
-8bit Clouds- Collab By Everett (Mexifry)
Tribute to Tributes By blackcat2000
BTS 2 - Trailer By FroNickProductions
FroNick Productions Theme By FroNickProductions

Audio Requests (8)
Alex:Co - Sky Island By AlexCo
Cold Foot Syndrome By Sawdust
(Full) Brain Damage Cover By Tyler Neinast (T-N-T)
Numb (Acoustic Cover) By Tyler Neinast (T-N-T)
Everything *Remastered* By djconnect
Hardcore Demo By jxl180
Surreal Emotions By jxl180
This is NOT a Real Rave By LightKeeper

Art Requests (3)
dreamy cloud By kiwi-kiwi
Dark Ram Demon By Kevin Kuna (KingExodus)
Carrot Clock's Father's Day By Kevin Kuna (KingExodus)

Member's Update #2:
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]

01 ) 187 | 29 / 29 | 100.00% || 82 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% Coop83
02 ) 185 | 29 / 30 | 096.67% || 82 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% SCTE3
03 ) 175 | 27 / 27 | 100.00% || 82 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% Corky52
04 ) 163 | 25 / 30 | 083.33% || 09 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% Haggard
05 ) 085 | 14 / 30 | 046.67% || 82 | 08 / 12 | 066.67% milinko959
06 ) 085 | 12 / 30 | 040.00% || 82 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% MulticamineFan
07 ) 082 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% || 15 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% Alfierulz
08 ) 081 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% || 49 | 12 / 12 | 100.00% Insanimation
09 ) 060 | 09 / 30 | 030.00% || 82 | 02 / 12 | 016.67% lmaco
10 ) 028 | 04 / 30 | 013.33% || 06 | 01 / 12 | 008.33% sonofkirk
11 ) 021 | 03 / 12 | 025.00% || 81 | 03 / 12 | 025.00% Metal-Therapy
12 ) 009 | 01 / 30 | 003.33% || 82 | 01 / 12 | 008.33% jew193
13 ) 006 | 01 / 12 | 008.33% || 21 | 01 / 12 | 008.33% Hiphopopotamus

Statistics:

*Requests this week: 12
Total all time: 30
Review this Week: 56
Average per member: 4.308
Average per request: 4.667

*New To the List: Hiphopopotamus, Metal-Therapy, Insanimation and Alfierulz
Leaving the List: None

*All Requests Completed:
Coop83, SCTE3, Corky52, Haggard, MulticamineFan, Alfierulz and Insanimation. That make seven, yay! Good job guys.