00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

788,551 Views | 8,820 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 22:14:26

At 4/24/10 10:10 PM, JackCurrie wrote:
At 4/24/10 10:00 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey guys, are you with a problem where you can't access nothing on NG??
The whole site is having issues. If you go into the general forum, there is a thread about half an hour old with almost 3 pages. Which basically shows the entire community is having this problem. I think its a problem with the ads, and the staff are fixing it. And that's why the only ads you see now are Icon/Hominid ones.

It should be fixed soon.

Thanks Jack, I was thinking on going to the general forum, but I tought it was a virus, and I'm passing the antivirus right now...

:'(, so many b/p points lost...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 22:25:18

At 4/24/10 10:14 PM, RogerBK wrote: Thanks Jack,

Its actually fixed right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 22:29:43

At 4/24/10 10:25 PM, JackCurrie wrote:
At 4/24/10 10:14 PM, RogerBK wrote: Thanks Jack,
Its actually fixed right now.

BAck to the good 'ol days of being late at computer reviewing, watching NBA in TV and b/ping a LOT!

Ahhhh... Thanks Newgrounds, I luv u

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 09:27:51

I like reviewing audio.

But why doesn't anyone like reviewing mine? :(

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 10:52:25

At 4/25/10 09:27 AM, Sawdust wrote: I like reviewing audio.

Who said nobody likes reviewing yours?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 12:08:24

At 4/25/10 10:52 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 4/25/10 09:27 AM, Sawdust wrote: I like reviewing audio.

Who said nobody likes reviewing yours?

*lolling SOOOOO MUCH!*

ahahahhahahahahahaha, who said we don´t like to review your audio?? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 12:13:26

At 4/25/10 10:52 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Who said nobody likes reviewing yours?

Not that I'm complaining but my requests tend to get done really late and when I peek on over at the stats thingy there's guys with 100% filled out requests, and it says they did all requests for the week etc., but they didn't do mine! :P

It's just a review on a website anyway, no biggie :D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 12:40:33

At 4/25/10 12:13 PM, Sawdust wrote:
At 4/25/10 10:52 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Who said nobody likes reviewing yours?
Not that I'm complaining but my requests tend to get done really late and when I peek on over at the stats thingy there's guys with 100% filled out requests, and it says they did all requests for the week etc., but they didn't do mine! :P

It's just a review on a website anyway, no biggie :D

1.) Ever heard of 'best for last'?
2.) We usually review according to when they were requested, *usually*. Well at least that's what I see the members do most of the time. Request earlier and we'll probably review earlier, simple as that :D.
3.) Sometimes we miss your request when we're reviewing the requests, find out we missed it and come back to it again. We're humans after all xD.
4.) Your music is GREAT. And original, you don't see that much nowadays. Why do you think you get 10's and 9's so much from us?
5.) If they managed a 100% ratio but didn't do yours, then I made a mistake when counting up their stats.
6.) Roger, that was not intended to be a lol-able statement, by the way :P.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 13:02:02

At 4/25/10 12:40 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: 1.) Ever heard of 'best for last'?

Yes. Except for when it comes to albums they usually get progressively worse as the bands' careers go on :P

2.) We usually review according to when they were requested, *usually*. Well at least that's what I see the members do most of the time. Request earlier and we'll probably review earlier, simple as that :D.

So I guess I should do my requests on something like Monday? Alrighty, it's Monday tomorrow so I can get some requests done teehee

3.) Sometimes we miss your request when we're reviewing the requests, find out we missed it and come back to it again. We're humans after all xD.

I guess so.

4.) Your music is GREAT. And original, you don't see that much nowadays. Why do you think you get 10's and 9's so much from us?

Aww, it feels great knowing that people enjoy my work :D

5.) If they managed a 100% ratio but didn't do yours, then I made a mistake when counting up their stats.

Well that's fine, people make mistakes.

Well

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 13:33:42

I get a review on ~i have a potion:

FRO: "Ah, not my cup of tea."

It was original and random, but the random was way too random in my opinion. Especially in the beginning of the song. It seemed to get way too off track and I thought I was seriously listening to random noise here for awhile. Later on the song there seemed to be more structure and it started to sound a little better. Throughout the entire thing there was room for more structure and order for sure though.

-

Concerning this i replied :

"protip aside your review: listen to it on repeat a few times.

:) "

Fro pm's me:

-

FRO: Don't give a tip to people when they already did it. I listen to every song on repeat at least 3 times before I review. ;)

I had the same opinion.

-

I sat down thinking for a moment and figured to say the following:

"protip2: use a headphone and if you already did that, then im sorry but i guess you just dont recognice the detail cause i do, and other people do too. (i dont try to be an ass im just honest here)

Greets though. -Cal. "

Obviously i told the guy not to take it the wrong way cause im not being an ass im just trying to be helpful but what do i get for it?

-

FRO: I did... I gave it a 7 what the hell is your problem? That's a good score. I just said it wasn't my cup of tea. Man I'm not going to review your songs anymore if you can't handle someone not liking one of your submissions.

-

Now why would i care about if someone doesnt like one of my works, or the score for that matter.. i only responded to how there is the detail, and others hearing the detail..its not random (would be just notes without thought) granted its unconventional so i answered:

"I wouldnt want you to if you make such a beef over nothing, im sorry you feel that way anyway."

And then i get this in my pm box:

-

FRO: I guess I'll just review them a bit harsher next time and not worry about what you say in the response. :)

-

Say what? You're going to 'purposely be harsh? How is that any different from a zerobomber but then reviewwise..
So i tried to explain the above a bit better hoping this guy would calm down:

"Now look, this never was about ' that i cannot handle someone not liking one of my submissions' as you put it. You said it sounded random, i replied that myself and other people dont think its random and perhaps you just cant hear the detail, big deal. If that is a reason for you to go apeshit over it ill be glad if you dont review my work anymore, i couldnt care less actually.

But if you are going to be an ass ill just blacklist you, so please dont pm me like this anymore.
Eat it up and stop flipping out.

greets -Cal."

But i guess i didnt explain myself well enough because fro here decided to flip out and send me the following and then even be a child and quickly block me from responding:

-

FRO: I would hate to see what would happen if someone was actual flipping out on you. You might actually cry.

Haggard said it was random.

DaveGuy said it was random.

I said it was random.

When you get more than one person saying the same exact thing then perhaps you need to grow a pair of balls and realize that it's something you might need to work on.

This will be the last time that we speak outside of the review space. You won't like my reviews in the future I'm assuming, but don't worry I WILL be reviewing them.

-

Right, well.. ill be 'removing' them then Fro, you are free to review my work, i dont mind it but if you're going to act like some troll just because you have a misconception about the above arguement then dont expect me to allow it.

Also, seeing as you blocked me you're reading this right here in this topic for all of your fellow reviewers to see.

I hope you stop acting like this so this can be resolved and just one more thing: when i say other people i dont refer to the people on NG alone, i share my music offline too with other musicians.

Sorry about all this guys but i would find it unjust if this guy gets away with such behavior.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 14:01:39

To be fair, if Fro does do as he said, which is harshly review your works, I don't think he'd go so far as to 0 vote them, and imo it's the score that seriously counts in the long run. But anyway best you could do is move on with your music, keep doing that and etc. because if you're not going to get a proper serious opinion on your works, there are those other musicians you mentioned, and if you're so dissatisfied with the RRC and their reviews on your works you can shift completely to said fellow musicians, which would be better imo. I mean, you'd get way more cohesive advice on how to improve, right? And also if your works are harshly reviewed, that'd mean people would work harder to spot flaws, which actually is good so that you'd see more things to improve than the usual "oh the bass was a bit spotty, oh the kick drum wasn't sitting well in the mix" or something.

Anyway, whatever.

Also, it is Monday here already (2 am) so here are technically the first requests of the week lmao.

I'll happily review whatever audio submissions you have up, if there's someone out there.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 14:07:07

At 4/25/10 12:40 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

Awww, I always lol at things... Sorry guys, I'll control myself, ;)

Also, what the fuck is going on here?? WE have awesome reviewers, and Fro was fair, we don't have to think that everything is SuperUberAwesomelyGreat... We have opinions...

:*

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 14:10:44

Heres my most recent Etude for classical guitar. It's a piece meant to practice certain techniques, or be technically easy for begginers. I thought, why not make one taht sounds more like a song?

This is just one in a series I have, but feel free to check out my others too.

I re-recorded these, they are going on a local artist and college professor's website, please tell me what you think

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 14:20:45

At 4/25/10 02:01 PM, Sawdust wrote: To be fair, if Fro does do as he said, which is harshly review your works, I don't think he'd go so far as to 0 vote them, and imo it's the score that seriously counts in the long run. But anyway best you could do is move on with your music, keep doing that and etc. because if you're not going to get a proper serious opinion on your works, there are those other musicians you mentioned, and if you're so dissatisfied with the RRC and their reviews on your works you can shift completely to said fellow musicians, which would be better imo. I mean, you'd get way more cohesive advice on how to improve, right? And also if your works are harshly reviewed, that'd mean people would work harder to spot flaws, which actually is good so that you'd see more things to improve than the usual "oh the bass was a bit spotty, oh the kick drum wasn't sitting well in the mix" or something.

Eh, i think you misunderstand a bit. Im not dissatisfied with my reviews whatsoever, i was only trying to be helpful because he said he thought it was random, then after him pming me he suddenly started talking about how he voted it a 7 and whatnot but this was never about that, nowhere was i dissatisfied with anything score or opinion related. If someone doesnt like my music, that is no problem to me. If someone votes it low, that is of no concern to me.
Im just sharing my music for it to be heard, if someone likes it thats a win situation for that specific person, it doesnt actually bring me anything seeing as im not looking to be popular on the top i dont know what the number is @ the FP.

Actually, someone being purposely harsh is of concern to me because that is some negative energy going around (im not a hippy just the only way i can word this) im being 0 bombed alot but you dont see me post about it, and ive never asked to get good scores, i ask to get reviews here because its a friendly zone, and a friendly thing. I get to know some people and some people get to know me no extras attached. So i do hope fro gets back on his plans because if he starts to just be foul for being foul i 'will simply remove his reviews without hesitation.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 15:34:16

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 15:43:00

At 4/25/10 01:33 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Sorry about all this guys but i would find it unjust if this guy gets away with such behavior.

You're right, we need to stop this trolling right now. I will take the appropriate action.

If you don't want constructive criticism, then don't ask us to review your works. A difference of opinion, it may be, but keep it to private messages, if you please. We do this voluntarily and don't like being told what to write in our reviews.

At 4/25/10 02:01 PM, Sawdust wrote: To be fair, if Fro does do as he said, which is harshly review your works, I don't think he'd go so far as to 0 vote them, and imo it's the score that seriously counts in the long run.

A fair point, but something that I would like to add is that the Reviewers in the RRC make up the cream of the crop of all reviewers on Newgrounds. Sure, you are allowed to disagree with our opinions and suggestions, but it is our right to write these reviews, so long as they are not abusive, which I will wholeheartedly state that they are not.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 18:36:57

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-25 21:25:11

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 12:16:30

U GUYS DESERVE A MEDAL lol :P
ure awesome
many congrats srly :3 u give the awesomeste review and critics ^^,
so everytime i get a new track i post it here so u can give a go at it :]

and thx <3

;D if its anything u guys need just ask and ill be gladly 2 help :3

Listen 2 my tracks :D

here

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 13:21:25

Will be updating probably sometime tomorrow or the day after...

Also, I now know this picture by heart...

Review Request Club

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 14:44:22

At 4/26/10 01:21 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Will be updating probably sometime tomorrow or the day after...

Have you tried switching to another browser like Opera of Firefox?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 14:45:59

Would love it if you guys would review my latest Dubstep songs :)

Im open to all criticism and always love responding to others reviews :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 15:49:15

At 4/26/10 02:44 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/26/10 01:21 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Will be updating probably sometime tomorrow or the day after...

Have you tried switching to another browser like Opera of Firefox?

No this happens to everything. Even Notepad, when I try writing my reviews in it. Eventually it encounters a problem, closes, I open it again, stays fine for (usually) long enough for me to write a review, and encounters another problem, usually when I'm in the end of my review. I've done a system scan with more than one anti-virus, but problably these strange phenonmenons are happening because my Windows XP version is 7 years old, and was NEVER updated (we can't install updates on it since when we bought it, the people who sold it to us ripped us off by giving us a non-legit copy of XP, which obviously won't accept updates).

Anyway, I'll probably reinstall Windows some time, but for now I'll cope :).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 16:05:02

At 4/26/10 03:49 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: but problably these strange phenonmenons are happening because my Windows XP version is 7 years old, and was NEVER updated

You know, the IT-guy in me just died. And not only "a little" but very much completly. ^^

(we can't install updates on it since when we bought it, the people who sold it to us ripped us off by giving us a non-legit copy of XP, which obviously won't accept updates).

This sucks. :/

Anyway, I'll probably reinstall Windows some time, but for now I'll cope :).

Yes, reinstalling cures almost everything. ^^
But you propably should buy a legit copy of Windows anyway. Maybe even Windows 7, if your machines are powerful enough.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 20:30:33

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-26 20:43:30

Would You review my latest:
MixyRecords- "1 Glass of Rainbow Kool Aid"

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-27 04:54:44

If you could please review this song too :

It's kind of like the previous song I requested a review for, only the instruments sound a bit better I think.

Thank you !

This thread is an excellent idea, and probably one of the most helpful things on the Audio Portal.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-27 07:29:11

Requesting reviews for http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 28388
Thanks in advance.

Latest Sub(s): Kaleidoscinema

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-27 09:16:35

Hope its ok i wanted to say that the thing between fro and me has been resolved and was a huge misunderstanding on both sides.

Greets -Cal

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-27 09:51:55

At 4/27/10 09:16 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Hope its ok i wanted to say that the thing between fro and me has been resolved and was a huge misunderstanding on both sides.

Greets -Cal

You beat me to it. I've been busy or I would have posted it up much sooner. We both took the meanings in the wrong way and everything is fine. Thanks for sticking up for me and everything guys, but you know better than to post that type of stuff here in the thread. (Saw the post late last night before it was deleted)

PM's are the way to go, then userpages if that person blocks you from PM's. :P