00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ToyoMadDog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,085,208 Views | 77,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 07:32:32

At 1/24/08 12:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Ponos is sad because Ponos cannot do drum tracks and therefore Ponos does not have solo projects and therefore Ponos must wait 1 week until school starts to try to make a band that plays metal but Ponos is sad that no-one listens to metal so Ponos kill himself bibi

I'm sorry that I couldn't help you out Ponos, I just hardly had any time. I'm just gonna do this job for a little longer, because it's good money. but I'm not planning on doing these overhours forever.

Didn't you try any programs yourself?

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 09:37:35

I don't know why I did it, but I did.
I went to http://www.myspace.com/metal

It's suppose to represent Metal.

Don't go there if you have high blood pressure trouble.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 11:22:46

At 1/23/08 12:35 PM, Charon wrote: now dont get me wrong i love Sonata but their lyrics do regularly fail :P

Meh, there's lyrics far worse than them.

At 1/23/08 04:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I still lurk the general forum pretty often. I don't know why. I just don't post much there since there's nothing much worth a reply. Even when I do find something worth replying to, I sometimes don't feel like bothering. And it hurts my brain to read a lot of the posts there.

I do lurk the General forum as well, but only to hope I find a thread made by Wade or someone complaining about my friend's Adolf Hitler flashes, and perhaps to see if anyone complains about me as well. Besides that, the forum is flooded by fucking terrible posters.

At 1/24/08 09:37 AM, Oppugnant wrote:
Don't go there if you have high blood pressure trouble.

It's MySpace, so I won't even think about touching that link.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 11:39:32

At 1/23/08 02:46 PM, Bonemill wrote: Ryan, the guitars in mortification arent half bad :P. Im surprised to be agreeing with you.

...Are you feeling alright?

Vocals are pretty fail at times. So far satans doom is a pretty sweet song guitar wise.

Indeed.

However, if you're looking for good vocals, do not, I repeat, DO NOT listen to anything beyond Blood World.

So, any good thrash albums coming out any time soon?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 12:20:35

The rumour mill suggests a new Anthrax album this year if they sort their vocalist issues out..... >_>

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 13:10:55

IRON MAIDEN IS COMING TO MY TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY SHIT! I CANT WAIT DUDE!

im rafattack from brazil(ah) you must be the usa!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 13:24:51

At 1/24/08 11:39 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: So, any good thrash albums coming out any time soon?

Not that I know of. I was disappointed with Exodus' latest offering, and none of the bigger thrash bands I know are putting anything out soon though. Maybe Metallica? But that's spotty at best.

I'll try to post more regularly. For whatever that's worth.

Thanks Sense-Offender

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 13:29:22

At 1/24/08 01:10 PM, rafattack wrote: IRON MAIDEN IS COMING TO MY TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY SHIT! I CANT WAIT DUDE!

Umm... Yay?

Sechs?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 14:39:16

The T-Shirt I'm wearing right now celebrates somethingthat happened in 1967, though it resembles some black metal band's name. Their name begins with B, and I think I've seen a few of you discuss them.

Eh, cool shirt anyway.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 14:57:06

At 1/24/08 02:39 PM, IrishGun wrote: Eh, cool shirt anyway.

urm... what?! im confused now...

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 15:10:40

At 1/24/08 02:39 PM, IrishGun wrote:
Eh, cool shirt anyway.

ummmmm.... the burzummer of love? i dunno, give us another clue

RZZZZZZ

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 19:31:15

At 1/24/08 03:10 PM, mrdurgan wrote: the burzummer of love

epic pun

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 20:54:20

Did anyone bother watching the Vital Remains video I posted last page??

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 20:56:49

At 1/24/08 08:54 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Did anyone bother watching the Vital Remains video I posted last page??

no i musta missed it, and i think this shld be page 1,400 woop :P if not next post lol

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 20:57:33

new albums:

Summoning - Lugburz

Summoning - Minas Morgul

Summoning - Don Guldur

Summoning - Nightshade Forests (EP)

Summoning - Stronghold

Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame

Summoning - Lost Tales (EP)

Summoning - Oath Bound

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 22:18:57

At 1/24/08 08:57 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: new albums:

Summoning - Discography

Nice man all the full-lengths.

I got myself:

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 22:21:05

I haven't gotten any new albums except Ulver's black metal trilogie, which I got last week.

Wanna give me recommendations for new albums? I mainly listen to avant-garde, folk/viking, and black, but I like everything.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 22:54:33

At 1/24/08 10:21 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I haven't gotten any new albums except Ulver's black metal trilogie, which I got last week.

Wanna give me recommendations for new albums? I mainly listen to avant-garde, folk/viking, and black, but I like everything.

Ambient and some other artist names sound good?

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-24 23:46:01

At 1/24/08 10:21 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Wanna give me recommendations for new albums?

Well, I think you've seen all my avant-garde reccomendations (I can list them again if you want). The only two I can think of that I haven't reccomended are Kayo Dot and Maudlin of the Well. In my opinion, they have some good stuff and some not so good stuff. There's also Peccatum. I'm not sure if I've reccomended that. But you probably know them already.

For non-avant-garde stuff I think maybe you'd like Blut Aus Nord, Summoning, Raventhrone, Rivendell, Agatus, Zemial, Elffor, Tumulus, Scald, Odroerir, Empyrium, Pazuzu, or Die Verbannten Kinder Evas.

Unless you haven't heard of Professor Fate, Mick Kenney's side project. That stuff is fuking great.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 00:24:01

At 1/24/08 10:21 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Wanna give me recommendations for new albums? I mainly listen to avant-garde, folk/viking, and black, but I like everything.

ObZen by Meshuggah. A decent quality copy just "came out" and it fucking owns. I've been listening to it all day and I am damn impressed. Its kinda avant-garde (not really, more unusually technical than anything else), but its just a good album. Very recommended to those who like newer Meshuggah or their type of tech-thrash stuff.

It was a good birthday surprise (technically yesterday as I write this, as I'm in EST).

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 00:33:21

At 1/24/08 10:21 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Wanna give me recommendations for new albums? I mainly listen to avant-garde, folk/viking, and black, but I like everything.

I'm in dire need of some new stuff myself, but regardless, here are some of my suggestions:

Sigh - Hangman's Hymn (avant-garde)
Unexpect - In A Flesh Aquarium (avant-garde)
Sapthuran - The Wanderer (black)
Slumber - Fallout (doom)
Kataxu - Hunger of Elements (NSBM)

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 00:54:30

At 1/25/08 12:33 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Kataxu - Hunger of Elements (NSBM)

I guess this brings up a small footnote i forgot to mention: i don't listen to NSBM. no matter how good the music itself is, I wont listen to it if it's NS. The only exception I've made is Burzum, and that's because he doesn't really discuss it in his music.

but thanks for the recs, keep them coming (hehe coming)

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 04:28:33

At 1/24/08 11:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Unless you haven't heard of Professor Fate, Mick Kenney's side project. That stuff is fuking great.

Being an Anaal Nathrakh fan and a fan of Mike Kenney's various works, I checked out Professor Fate.

You were spot on, it's fucking great stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 04:30:51

Does anyone have any experience with Paysage d'Hiver? Are they worth it?

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 08:08:50

At 1/25/08 04:30 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Does anyone have any experience with Paysage d'Hiver? Are they worth it?

i would say no, i got the s/t demo and the quality was bollocks and it just wasnt fun or grim and kvlt all the metal archives reviews for it are total lies in my opinion

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 08:48:22

My band's gig kicks off at 7pm tonight, GMT, el woot! And I found out we have a joint headline slot for our 3rd ever gig on march 8th, Gravesend if anyone lives near there out of the MH's UK members. I'm so pumped up as our song "Embrace The Fallen" sounds very I Killed The Prom Queenish, with added BM style vocals. Very sick stuff. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 09:05:51

At 1/24/08 12:20 PM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: The rumour mill suggests a new Anthrax album this year if they sort their vocalist issues out..... >_>

You mean by getting the right vocalist? They have one now at least. However, I'm not looking forward to their new album. I get the feeling it'll be something like The Atrocious Exhibition, which was a huge disappointment.

At 1/24/08 09:03 PM, batman64 wrote: 600 pages to go, well alright.

Why not wait until 266 pages time? :) Also, happy 1400 pages Metal Hell.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 09:23:28

At 1/25/08 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote:
You mean by getting the right vocalist? They have one now at least. However, I'm not looking forward to their new album. I get the feeling it'll be something like The Atrocious Exhibition, which was a huge disappointment.

In interest, who would you think of as a good vocalist? I'm personally tempted, but not yet fully swayed, with the idea of Corey Taylor as the Metal Hammer magazine suggested as an ideal vocalist. But he'd never do it this year because of the new Slipknot album being 'heavy penciled' for an autumn release not to mention Stone Sour.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 10:06:04

At 1/25/08 09:23 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: In interest, who would you think of as a good vocalist? I'm personally tempted, but not yet fully swayed, with the idea of Corey Taylor as the Metal Hammer magazine suggested as an ideal vocalist.

Judging by his work with Stone Sour and Slipknot, I don't think Corey Taylor would fill the Anthrax quota.
Also not to mention the taint it would put on the band, considering the reputation of his previous bands

To spice it up a bit I reckon a good vocalist would be Warrel Dane (Nevermore). Or for a more straight-forward Thrash go Chuck Billy (Testament) or Bobby Ellsworth (Overkill).

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-25 10:10:13

At 1/25/08 12:54 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: I guess this brings up a small footnote i forgot to mention: i don't listen to NSBM. no matter how good the music itself is, I wont listen to it if it's NS. The only exception I've made is Burzum, and that's because he doesn't really discuss it in his music.

I don't even listen to an artist if I know he or she follows NS whether or not it is ever mentioned in the music. I stopped listening to Drudkh as soon as I found out about the NS ties.

At 1/25/08 04:28 AM, Oppugnant wrote: You were spot on, it's fucking great stuff.

I'm glad you like it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature