00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

426,935 Views | 4,077 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-09 07:37:50

Sup, I'm Seals and I'm a freeloader. No seriously, I can't contribute anything to this lovely community, strike me down where I stand please. On a serious note, I'm Seals. The ever so lovable moron who can contribute nothing but my strong personality.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-09 21:22:57

At 12/9/17 07:37 AM, SealsMcLarry wrote: Sup, I'm Seals and I'm a freeloader. No seriously, I can't contribute anything to this lovely community, strike me down where I stand please. On a serious note, I'm Seals. The ever so lovable moron who can contribute nothing but my strong personality.

SealsMcLarry ,Welcome to NewGrounds. It is okay if you can't contribute anything. Just enjoy reading the forums, and add posts if you feel up to it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-10 18:23:54

I am a new user here. Wanted to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-10 18:56:54

At 12/10/17 06:23 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote: I am a new user here. Wanted to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Welcome to NewGrounds, RonnieTheZombie. Where did you come from, and how green is the grass over there?

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 08:14:59

At 12/10/17 06:23 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote: I am a new user here. Wanted to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

If the other side's implying NG then hell yeah! It's so green here you can't imagine. Especially with the Robot Day background. Though it was even greener in the Audio Portal back when the entire layout there was green. Ironically though there's never enough greens. *hint hint*

Welcome to NG though! Hope it's all you expected it to be and more!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

At 12/9/17 07:37 AM, SealsMcLarry wrote: Sup, I'm Seals and I'm a freeloader. No seriously, I can't contribute anything to this lovely community, strike me down where I stand please. On a serious note, I'm Seals. The ever so lovable moron who can contribute nothing but my strong personality.

A strong personality sounds like a strong and personal contribution! ;) Welcome to the community!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 08:19:03

At 12/7/17 12:23 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Well welcome to the grounds its a fun place, at times.

I think you missed an all in the at all times. ;)

A few days (or months, technically) belated welcome to the community @XanaX22367 !

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 12:51:01

At 12/11/17 08:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to NG though! Hope it's all you expected it to be and more!

Wow, the rare triple post. I know that I could never do that and get away with it. lol

At 12/11/17 10:50 AM, MeowPew wrote: Thanks bro !!!!!

You are welcome. Check out everything that we have to offer.

BBS Signature

At 12/11/17 12:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Wow, the rare triple post. I know that I could never do that and get away with it. lol

Hah, yeah, hopefully I have a few single posts with triple responses in them still in surplus to make up for that. XD I'm sure you've managed it some time though!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 14:27:42

At 12/11/17 12:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Wow, the rare triple post. I know that I could never do that and get away with it. lol

Ha cant be all that bad now??? lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 17:06:45

At 12/11/17 02:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Hah, yeah, hopefully I have a few single posts with triple responses in them still in surplus to make up for that. XD I'm sure you've managed it some time though!

Some users get away with that stuff, and others get nailed to the cross with a fifteen day " brake. "

Anyway, you are always welcome to post here CyberDevil. Wasn't trying to attack you or be mean.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 17:49:40

At 12/10/17 06:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Welcome to NewGrounds, RonnieTheZombie. Where did you come from, and how green is the grass over there?

Thank you. I came from Deviant Art. I have been on there for a year and I found a forum about this site. So I thought I'd come check it out. Seems pretty nice here so far. In terms of the shade of green it is over there... only the money has a nice hue.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 17:52:51

At 12/11/17 08:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
If the other side's implying NG then hell yeah! It's so green here you can't imagine. Especially with the Robot Day background. Though it was even greener in the Audio Portal back when the entire layout there was green. Ironically though there's never enough greens. *hint hint*

Welcome to NG though! Hope it's all you expected it to be and more!

I love the fact that there is an audio portal on here. I have a degree in motion picture and majored in sound design, so I might put it to good use here.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 17:55:32

At 12/11/17 05:49 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote:
Thank you. I came from Deviant Art. I have been on there for a year and I found a forum about this site. So I thought I'd come check it out. Seems pretty nice here so far. In terms of the shade of green it is over there... only the money has a nice hue.

How are things going on Deviant Art? The grass is money green, must be nice. The grass here is somewhat green at times. We are trying to get a better gardener. lol

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 18:00:39

At 12/11/17 05:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How are things going on Deviant Art? The grass is money green, must be nice. The grass here is somewhat green at times. We are trying to get a better gardener. lol

Well it pays my rent. However the art on there can be toxic.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 18:10:41

At 12/11/17 05:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Some users get away with that stuff, and others get nailed to the cross with a fifteen day " brake. "

Anyway, you are always welcome to post here CyberDevil. Wasn't trying to attack you or be mean.

Hopefully when you're just going faster and faster that occasional brake can actually be an appreciated pace break too. ;)

Appreciate it; no ill will perceived!

BBS Signature

At 12/11/17 05:52 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote: I love the fact that there is an audio portal on here. I have a degree in motion picture and majored in sound design, so I might put it to good use here.

For sure, and though it started out as just a resource for animators it has really evolved past that. Sounds like the perfect educational combo for it too. :D Looking forward to what major emotional mastery you might be making!

Btw I guess DA is pretty green huh, would've been a greatly greener transition coming from that main adversary YT instead...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 18:24:13

At 12/11/17 06:10 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: For sure, and though it started out as just a resource for animators it has really evolved past that. Sounds like the perfect educational combo for it too. :D Looking forward to what major emotional mastery you might be making!

Btw I guess DA is pretty green huh, would've been a greatly greener transition coming from that main adversary YT instead...

Well I am on there too. But it's mostly for posting speed arts. Don't know if that is allowed in here. Still digging through the site.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 18:33:21

At 12/11/17 05:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Some users get away with that stuff, and others get nailed to the cross with a fifteen day " brake. "

Haha I know the feeling theres faves then theres um yeah that one, I was only banned once was for 3 days it was sometime in 2005-ish I don't remember its been so long.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 18:34:31

At 12/11/17 06:24 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote: Well I am on there too. But it's mostly for posting speed arts. Don't know if that is allowed in here. Still digging through the site.

Theres a lot on here so take your time its a fun site at times.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-11 19:06:24

At 12/11/17 06:34 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/11/17 06:24 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote: Well I am on there too. But it's mostly for posting speed arts. Don't know if that is allowed in here. Still digging through the site.
Theres a lot on here so take your time its a fun site at times.

~X~

Thank you

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 00:30:47

Welcome to Newgrounds. Other artists on here have DeviantArt accounts as well, so it's okay. The community here is better and you can really hone your skills.

If there is something you don't know then check out the Newgrounds Wiki. If you can't find the answer to your question then ask it in the Where is / How to / Help! Forum.

I've taken a look at your work and I love it! I'm not sure what all you use to make your creations, but I suggest you take a look through the Creator Resources and the Art Resources page.

If you want feedback on any works-in-progess (WIP) then I highly suggest you make your own Art Thread in the Art Forum. You will get great feedback from other artists. Also if you want to show your work while you're working on it, then you should try the site Picaro. Picaro let's you live stream your creative process, your own Bob Ross show as it were.

If you have any questions concerning the Art Portal or Art Forum, then please contact one of our Art Moderators. I suggest @TurkeyOnAStick, he usually responds the quickest, and an active artist with a unique style to boot.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 01:31:15

At 12/11/17 06:00 PM, RonnieTheZombie wrote:
At 12/11/17 05:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How are things going on Deviant Art? The grass is money green, must be nice. The grass here is somewhat green at times. We are trying to get a better gardener. lol
Well it pays my rent. However the art on there can be toxic.

Nothing wrong with being paid and affording rent. I know the feeling. We have some similar issues over here as well.

BBS Signature

Seems it's one of those places you just can´t avoid. :) Yeah they are allowed, though you might not get as great a response as on other animated work. Not everyone shares the sentiment they're a creative work in their own right - which ratings do reflect, though the standalone art is bound to be appreciated by all... who appreciate it! XD Basically everything's fine that's not straight-up ´real' footage, or photo. With exceptions for claymation, stopmotion, models, puppets etc. Feel free to ask away if anything's uncertain.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 05:18:40

At 12/11/17 06:33 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Haha I know the feeling theres faves then theres um yeah that one, I was only banned once was for 3 days it was sometime in 2005-ish I don't remember its been so long.

Man you've been fortunate! :D Back in the day it seemed like those bans just kept coming one after the other... though rules seemed stricter too; strongly enforced.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 14:32:13

At 12/12/17 05:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Man you've been fortunate! :D Back in the day it seemed like those bans just kept coming one after the other... though rules seemed stricter too; strongly enforced.

No they pretty strict now more then before, back then there was not as much guidelines especialy for reviews but maybe its tailed off abit, I have not been as active.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 14:32:47

At 12/12/17 01:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nothing wrong with being paid and affording rent. I know the feeling. We have some similar issues over here as well.

I know right lol, gotta do what ya gotta do.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 14:37:35

At 12/12/17 02:32 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: No they pretty strict now more then before, back then there was not as much guidelines especialy for reviews but maybe its tailed off abit, I have not been as active.

Hmm maybe I signed up during the year they were just starting to crack down on things then; missed that initial phase of freedom. :) Or I should look over my old posts a bit... feels to me like when the place was most active it was also the most strict.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 15:28:35

At 12/12/17 02:32 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/12/17 01:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nothing wrong with being paid and affording rent. I know the feeling. We have some similar issues over here as well.
I know right lol, gotta do what ya gotta do.

~X~

You can't have time for fun, unless you have time to work and pay the bills. NewGrounds can be a little of both at times.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-12-12 18:36:50

At 12/12/17 05:13 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems it's one of those places you just can´t avoid. :) Yeah they are allowed,

Thank you for the info. will keep my speed arts to YouTube rather.