00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The translator club.

4,022 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello, newgrounds!

Have you ever been annoyed at seeing a game with a bad translation of your native language?

Have you ever had the desire to help artists, programmers, to incorporate a selection of languages in their game or animation, to translate their text in a language you master to allow others persons to enjoy their work? ('cuz anglich iss not easi :'()

And, more importantly, have you the time and desire to help them voluntarily? and only claim their thanks and love in return?

Well, young one, you are ready to join the translator club, a place where you can use your talent for good, and where persons can come if theres requiert our help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be a member of the club, you must:

- master a second language, or more, it can only be better.

- NEVER use google traduction, this thing s#cks.

- Only use your own knowledge of the language to translate, if you have difficulties in certain things, other members of the club will be there to help you.

- Don't expect $money$, free pancakes, gifts or anything in return from the person that ask you to translate the text/audio of is game/animation/video/somenthingelseIDK. (but if the person want to offert one of this things to you, eh, why refuse.)

- respect the rules of newgrounds (isn't that obvious.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the creator of this club, i will present myself.

Name: Orgrim

Nationality: French

English mothafucka, do you speak it?: Yes

Second/first language: Français, ça serait stupide de créer un club de traducteurs sans pouvoir faire ce boulot.

availability: I can work on one of your text all week, but i will check your requests only on weekends.

What kind of translation can you do?: Text translation, French to English and English to french.

The translator club.

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-03 12:38:37

I will join this club! I speak both English and Danish

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-03 15:29:36

At 6/3/16 12:38 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I will join this club! I speak both English and Danish

Welcome To the club ;)

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-05 19:49:56

yoooo

Name: Mandy
Nationality: American/Brazilian
English mothafucka, do you speak it?: indeed!
Second/first language: English and Portuguese (I grew up with brazilian parents in the US, so I kind of learned both at the same time)
availability: I go on NG about once a week, I think?
What kind of translation can you do?: English > Brazilian Portuguese and vice versa

(techniquement, je peut parler Français, aussi, mais dans un niveau très informel...alors je ne veux pas m'offrir pour faire des traductions où il faut avoir des instructions specifiques ou qqe chose comme ça o-o mais c'est cool de voir un francophone dans la communauté!)

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-05 20:13:14

At 6/5/16 07:49 PM, wendybirdx wrote: yoooo

Name: Mandy
Nationality: American/Brazilian
English mothafucka, do you speak it?: indeed!
Second/first language: English and Portuguese (I grew up with brazilian parents in the US, so I kind of learned both at the same time)

English, Danish, Portuguese, french.. that's four languages, noice :3

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-08 05:40:42

I'm a native Spanish speaker and I also speak English.

Si alguien necesita traducir del Español al Ingles o del Ingles al Español puedo ayudar.
If someone needs to translate from Spanish to English or English to Spanish I can help.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-10 14:42:15

At 6/8/16 05:40 AM, LexaHergon wrote: I'm a native Spanish speaker and I also speak English.

Si alguien necesita traducir del Español al Ingles o del Ingles al Español puedo ayudar.
If someone needs to translate from Spanish to English or English to Spanish I can help.

Welcome ;)

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-12 17:55:02

At 6/10/16 02:42 PM, Orgrim27 wrote:
At 6/8/16 05:40 AM, LexaHergon wrote: I'm a native Spanish speaker and I also speak English.

Welcome ;)

International Diplo's, Rather than Masturbation and Conspiracy theories yea?? I will continue this work in the Name of Cristie Grimme... The Voice of James 3.16 Proverbs 1.5

I speak Fluent Html and it looks like they runn 61116 anti hearts in Orlando.. that the real mark of the beast..

How to Say NO.

"NO NO NO"

The Lord Rebuke the Mark and Bark of the Beast,
And all of the wicked Sin that is behind that,
Torn Dead Zombie Frequiency,
His Eyes In Inidcate My Grandmother's Fudge,
Is too Sweet four His Sour, Bitter, Prideful Heart,

"NO NO NO"

I do not accept that I have to live that,
of a sexually confused animal,

"NO NO NO"

I reject that Anti Isreali America,
English Social Women Beating,
Bear Keg FootBall Team,

"NO NO NO"

The Worse you can do is crucify Me
What an Honor that would be I am prepareing For it.

"NO NO NO"

You can beat me till I am black and Blue Yet,
If it's not a fair fight I WILL Turn the Other Cheek,
Unless there's a Helpless Woman or Child I have to Defeng

"NO NO NO"

You can chop my penis off, but that I might have,
to do that my self, If it keeps causeing me to sin.

"NO NO NO"

You can imprison me in your dungeon, yet;
I am beging to believe that's were will all be,
For about 10 Days until the Music Cracks the Foundation,

"NO NO NO"

You can tourcher me like you did Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon
What a shocker that the robots would see me as some kind of
Robotic Jeusus Christ. Yet Only God,
Can breath the life of Artificial INtellengence,
Not Gonna happen Right NOw Trust ME,

"NO NO NO"

You can drug me up with meds, but believe it or not,
That's what I have been standing again since to begin with,
STill Bowing Before Mad KIng Mike the Beast of all Boys
Are You??

"NO NO NO"

I decline.

James 4:6 6But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble."

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-21 06:37:02 (edited 2016-06-21 06:37:20)

I can translate from Danish to English and from English to Danish because Danish is my native language

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-25 15:45:30

At 6/21/16 06:37 AM, ragnkinson wrote: I can translate from Danish to English and from English to Danish because Danish is my native language

Welcome :3

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-25 15:46:27

At 6/25/16 03:45 PM, Orgrim27 wrote:
At 6/21/16 06:37 AM, ragnkinson wrote: I can translate from Danish to English and from English to Danish because Danish is my native language
Welcome :3

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-06-30 20:18:13

I speak mainly English and I have an intermediate understanding of French, so I don't know if I count since I haven't mastered it.
Je suis trés stupide. .w.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-07-13 21:30:44 (edited 2016-07-13 21:30:55)

I like to consider myself to be a polyglot. I speak English, Spanish, Interlingua, Japanese, and Toki Pona. I am learning several more. I would love to join.

Response to The translator club. 2016-07-14 10:45:09

How many languages can this club translate now? Let's see...

English, French, Portuguese, Danish, Spanish, Japanese, Interlingua, Toki Pona.

That's 8. Nice!

Response to The translator club. 2016-07-18 06:33:30

Welcome to all of you :D !

Response to The translator club. 2016-07-18 18:30:53

At 7/18/16 06:33 AM, Orgrim27 wrote: Welcome to all of you :D !

Thank you! I am excited to be translating stuff. I started learning languages like crazy when I was younger, and I recently got back into it. I am interested to show off my Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Sranan Tongo, etc. skills when needed.

Response to The translator club. 2016-07-29 22:21:22 (edited 2016-07-29 22:23:19)

Hola! soy español yo puedo tranducir solo ingles!
Hi! i'm Spanish i can translate only English!

Response to The translator club. 2016-08-17 15:54:36

Reddit's /r/translator verified me as a Sranan Tongo speaker, so I can do that now, too.

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-18 16:36:01

Native polish and mediocre english here. Still got some room?

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-19 19:37:46

At 9/18/16 04:36 PM, PanzerJig wrote: Native polish and mediocre english here. Still got some room?

Mhmmmmmhmmhmaaaaybeeee.... we actually don't have any requests anyway :/

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-20 13:26:01

Name: Radaketor

Nationality: Portuguese

English mothafucka, do you speak it?: Fluently, been speaking it since I was about 3 years old.

Second/first language: Portuguese is my native tongue, I can sort of understand Castellano (Spanish) as well although I'm unable to write it, studied French for ~7 years but nothing's stuck aside from the very basics.

Availability: Whenever. I come here on a daily basis.

What kind of translation can you do?: Anything. Translating text from one language to the other, writing into text a piece of audio (so long as the audio's shit quality). English to Portuguese (BR and PT) and vice versa, Castellano to Portuguese/English and vice versa once again.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-24 08:22:16 (edited 2016-09-24 08:23:55)

Let me demonstrate my skills

四百二十ブレっイズー、毎日ぼくいっぷくそしてウィイブが話し好きな
420 blaze it, everyday I smoke and weaboos are chatty.

やれやれみなさんはウィイブ
"で でも 俺 すばらしい。かな お しえってるぞ!!!"
Oh boy everyone is a weaboo.
"B but I'm wonderful! I know kana!!!"

俺の友達 ダンク ハンバーガー ミームー お つくる。
My friend is make dank hamburger memes.

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-24 14:18:41 (edited 2016-09-24 14:30:16)

At 9/24/16 11:22 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 9/24/16 08:22 AM, IceBurger wrote: Let me demonstrate my skills
これ は すごい tbh。
あなた は 日本人 です か?

はい 日本人 です、あの あなたは日本人?
"です" と "ですか?" が めんだくさい ごめん

What am I getting myself into?

Response to The translator club. 2016-09-24 21:20:16

What am I getting myself into?
Wait a minute...
Don't you usually say "Desu" which kinda works like "To be" or to sound polite when you're talking to your senpai at work or school or etc instead of using particals like "Da" or "Ka" and don't you say "Desu ka" when you want to ask someone something politely? like when you're talking with your senpai or something?
Considering that you're older than me, i kinda "tried" to sound polite.
Either way... ごめん兄貴。。。でも私の 日本語 はごみ だ。。。 and nah, i'm not Japanese i'm just some guy that kinda tried to learn the language out of interest.
Sorry about my terrible skills.

Nah dont worry, your skills are fine.
When I text or write online I exclude the desu etc because I find it a waste of time, and honestly it gets over used and abused by everyone, particularly by people who are just starting the language.

When it comes to politness and whatnot, its going to vary on who you talk to. For me I don't like being called senpai or having anything else like that, I find it annoying and I feel it is demeaning to the younger party. But then you are going to have people who consider you a bad person if you forget to add the O sound in front of words.

Response to The translator club. 2017-03-19 15:19:23

At 3/2/17 03:04 PM, Leidolfr wrote: How is there no German here yet:
- English
- German
- Low German

beeeeyoooottchhhh

Wilkomen ! W-.. Willkomm... Bienvenue !

Response to The translator club. 2017-04-08 09:37:03

I could join! Im Italian and i can speak English!

Furries4life

BBS Signature

Response to The translator club. 2018-01-06 19:13:19

Can i still join, master in finnish and english.

Response to The translator club. 2018-02-07 21:32:32

At 1/6/18 07:13 PM, imakemusic wrote: Can i still join, master in finnish and english.

Weeeelcome !

Response to The translator club. 2018-04-19 22:20:06

At 3/10/18 05:01 PM, lalilulelo008 wrote: Do any of you study using Duolingo? What methods do you use to learn languages?

I personally learned english at school and practice a lot on my own.

Response to The translator club. 2018-04-23 18:58:11

My name is Renato. I can translate English to Portuguese (from Brazil) and vice versa.

null

BBS Signature