00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AaronOkami just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,658 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-08 00:55:48

So here's some more pics of the process.

Sweat the onions

iu_629416_586221.webp

Add the meat mix

iu_629417_586221.webp

Some bomb ass tomato paste. Had this in Italy, originally and brought it back. They sell it at the grocery store now.

iu_629418_586221.webp

Get that paste in there and cook out the bitterness.

iu_629419_586221.webp

Cook down the mushrooms. This is the stage where I cook out all the extra liquid. Takes about 45 minutes, but way longer if you try to do it after adding the tomato sauce.

iu_629421_586221.webp

Heat way down to not burn the sauce.

iu_629420_586221.webp

Add some Balsamic vinegar.

iu_629422_586221.webp

Fromage cottage and spinach

iu_629424_586221.webp

Pasta

iu_629423_586221.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-08 01:01:37

And the final assembly process:

iu_629428_586221.webp

iu_629427_586221.webp

iu_629429_586221.webp

iu_629431_586221.webp

Don't forget to label and date any food you put in the freezer!

iu_629430_586221.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-10 12:21:33

At 5/6/22 10:44 AM, OlTrout wrote: No more coffee for me. Gotta eat beans, leafy greens, fish, peas, berries, nuts and whole grains wherever possible. I had a glass of milk with some whey protein mixed in, as well.

That all sounds great but... but coffee, the coffee...

Wonder if you're noticing a decreased stress as soon as you're off it though? Is it the one factor, or other elements you're a voiding; clearly notice a difference with/without? Just healthier ingredients overall = less stress?

At 5/7/22 01:02 PM, HissPeepers wrote: Made some General Tso's shrimp with egg fried rice and steamed baby bok choy.
I feel like I cheated, because I got a bottle of Iron Chef General Tso's sauce & glaze.

This looks hella good too!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

At 5/7/22 04:23 PM, OlTrout wrote: More batch cooking stuff. Making some sauce. Probably for lasagna and definitely just to put over pasta.

What kind of plants are those in the background there?

We use Mutti tomato paste too, common brand over here! Cool to hear it's that special.

And lmao @ that cat food. XD Clever.

Fun to follow the whole process.

And all looks delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-10 13:38:17

@OlTrout

Your lasagne looks delicious AF.

Looking at this again is making me crave Lina's spaghetti and meatballs something fierce.

iu_631698_1809211.gif

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-10 13:43:11

At 5/10/22 12:21 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/6/22 10:44 AM, OlTrout wrote: No more coffee for me. Gotta eat beans, leafy greens, fish, peas, berries, nuts and whole grains wherever possible. I had a glass of milk with some whey protein mixed in, as well.
That all sounds great but... but coffee, the coffee...

Wonder if you're noticing a decreased stress as soon as you're off it though? Is it the one factor, or other elements you're a voiding; clearly notice a difference with/without? Just healthier ingredients overall = less stress?

Lots of evidence to suggest that a diet called "modified Mediterranean" can reduce stress, anxiety, depression. I guess a lot of these foods are high in precursors to neurotransmitters, like phenylalanine and tyrosine. I've noticed a massive improvement after a few days off the coffee, though I still have a cup of tea in the morning because being totally caffeine free seems impossible. I was getting a flare up on my skin from the increased stress and it basically went away over a couple days.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-10 14:47:11

At 5/10/22 12:21 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/7/22 04:23 PM, OlTrout wrote: More batch cooking stuff. Making some sauce. Probably for lasagna and definitely just to put over pasta.
What kind of plants are those in the background there?

Tomatoes, two varieties but I can't remember what they are or which is which.

We use Mutti tomato paste too, common brand over here! Cool to hear it's that special.

Yeah we've had some Mutti products for a while but I've only started seeing the tubes of paste recently.

And lmao @ that cat food. XD Clever.

Fun to follow the whole process.

And all looks delicious.

:)

At 5/10/22 01:43 PM, OlTrout wrote: Lots of evidence to suggest that a diet called "modified Mediterranean" can reduce stress, anxiety, depression. I guess a lot of these foods are high in precursors to neurotransmitters, like phenylalanine and tyrosine. I've noticed a massive improvement after a few days off the coffee, though I still have a cup of tea in the morning because being totally caffeine free seems impossible. I was getting a flare up on my skin from the increased stress and it basically went away over a couple days.

Intriguing. I'm definitely addicted to the daily dose of hard bean caffeine at the moment, but if stress levels ever get intolerable I know what to try then...

No skin flare ups yet though. Maybe shan't have to resort to as drastic countermeasures.

At 5/10/22 02:47 PM, OlTrout wrote: Tomatoes, two varieties but I can't remember what they are or which is which.

Ooh that's a lot! To be put in a greenhouse later on? Or maybe you can have them just about anywhere over there?

Yeah we've had some Mutti products for a while but I've only started seeing the tubes of paste recently.

Might make some paste that rivals the italian brands with the above hmm. :)

I read somewhere a while back how Italy tends to get higher grade fruits and vegetable imports than we do simply because they're more demanding than we are regarding their quality, so I am a bit surprised to know this is really the top tier stuff as far as canned tomatoes and paste goes. Figured it was standard.

Do you ever use canned cherry tomatoes? Common ingredient?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-10 17:32:56

At 5/10/22 03:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Do you ever use canned cherry tomatoes? Common ingredient?

I use whole San Marzano tomatoes in the can when I'm feeling fancy, but generally I stick to crushed tomatoes when I'm cooking with canned. One restaurant I worked in made tomato sauce with just San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and salt. It was one of my favourite sauces. I could never find the same brand of tomatoes though, and so I had a tough time trying to replicate the sauce at home. The sauce was simple because it was used in a few different dishes with different flavour profiles.

At 5/10/22 05:32 PM, OlTrout wrote: I use whole San Marzano tomatoes in the can when I'm feeling fancy, but generally I stick to crushed tomatoes when I'm cooking with canned. One restaurant I worked in made tomato sauce with just San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and salt. It was one of my favourite sauces. I could never find the same brand of tomatoes though, and so I had a tough time trying to replicate the sauce at home. The sauce was simple because it was used in a few different dishes with different flavour profiles.

Ah I don't think we have those over here. Just Mutti when it comes to cherry tomatoes specifically. :)

Sounds like a sauce that really relies on quality ingredients to taste good, nice, I can imagine the flavor...

Also usually go with just crushed tomatoes, or passata, but cherry tastes so much more. Imagine it'd be perfect for some especially savorable blends.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-22 18:10:23

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdyTl1outpK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

thought this was pretty cool. To celebrate ring pop (the candies) 🍭 birthday they’re having a cake off on social media. Some of the submissions are pretty cool!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-24 09:43:27

At 5/22/22 06:10 PM, Kiwi wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdyTl1outpK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

thought this was pretty cool. To celebrate ring pop (the candies) 🍭 birthday they’re having a cake off on social media. Some of the submissions are pretty cool!

That's awesome.

Any cake-related contribution of yours in the mix?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-24 23:49:16

At 5/24/22 09:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/22/22 06:10 PM, Kiwi wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdyTl1outpK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That's awesome.

Any cake-related contribution of yours in the mix?

I thought it might be fun to make one but there’s a lot of professionals entering. It’s becoming more popular. I also haven’t had any good concepts come to me. I did pick up some stuff to do some baking here soon though!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-25 08:15:51

At 5/24/22 11:49 PM, Kiwi wrote: I thought it might be fun to make one but there’s a lot of professionals entering. It’s becoming more popular. I also haven’t had any good concepts come to me. I did pick up some stuff to do some baking here soon though!

Tried entering some photo contests in the past but ditto, competition's usually just on a whole other level. You never know though, maybe they're looking specifically for that new; fresh; creatively amateur and all-inclusive approach...

Would be fun to see anyhow!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-26 14:28:20

iu_648403_5867179.pngiu_648404_5867179.pngSome chocolate covered pretzels 🥨 I made this morning ☺️

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-05-26 16:20:41

At 5/26/22 02:28 PM, Kiwi wrote: Some chocolate covered pretzels 🥨 I made this morning ☺️

Damn those look tasty. Chocolate pretzels are one of the few sweet/savoury combinations that I actually enjoy.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-13 18:18:32

So I bought a square Le Creuset skillet a year or so ago, and never actually had a real use for it other than being a beautiful piece of cookware, until I bought one of those cast iron burger patty presses this past week.

Made a grilled cheese panini and it was delicious.

iu_666094_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-13 23:03:51

At 6/13/22 06:18 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: So I bought a square Le Creuset skillet a year or so ago, and never actually had a real use for it other than being a beautiful piece of cookware, until I bought one of those cast iron burger patty presses this past week.

Made a grilled cheese panini and it was delicious.

do tell me the panini toppings 😍

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-13 23:08:43

iu_666306_5867179.pngSome homemade sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles 🧁

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-13 23:50:35

At 6/13/22 11:03 PM, Kiwi wrote:

do tell me the panini toppings 😍

I was desperately hungry, so it was smoked chedder, aged gouda, and tomato.

Looking at recipes, a caprese panini would be right up my alley. Definitely going to be experimenting more now that I have the means to do so.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-14 15:14:52

My god it was delicious.

Yesterday I did a pot-roast. Started it seasoning it in the fridge for 24 hours with Montreal steak spice and smoked paprika, the seared on all sides on BBQ, then put it in the oven at 220*F for 8ish hours. Got invited for supper last minute, so I just turned off the oven, then when I got back I wrapped it in tin foil and threw it in the fridge. Today for lunch I cut a slab off and chopped it up.

Panini #2

Re-fried pot roast

Smoked Gouda

Tomatoes

iu_666919_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-14 15:22:17

At 6/14/22 03:14 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: My god it was delicious.

Yesterday I did a pot-roast. Started it seasoning it in the fridge for 24 hours with Montreal steak spice and smoked paprika, the seared on all sides on BBQ, then put it in the oven at 220*F for 8ish hours. Got invited for supper last minute, so I just turned off the oven, then when I got back I wrapped it in tin foil and threw it in the fridge. Today for lunch I cut a slab off and chopped it up.

Panini #2

Re-fried pot roast
Smoked Gouda
Tomatoes

That looks so damn good...

iu_666922_3416439.gif

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-14 16:59:16

At 6/14/22 03:14 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Smoked Gouda

Every time I buy smoked Gouda, it just tastes like hot dogs 🌭

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-14 21:32:31

At 6/14/22 04:59 PM, OlTrout wrote:
At 6/14/22 03:14 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Smoked Gouda
Every time I buy smoked Gouda, it just tastes like hot dogs 🌭

I lied, smoked chedder. I have had smoked Gouda before, must have been super mild because I couldn't tell it apart from smoked chedder.

BBS Signature

I don't even know what's going on right now. Tuna was on sale but I didn't buy anything normal to pair with it. Ahi tuna melt it is...

Mixed some evoo and vinegar with the mayonnaise to make it extra-punchy.

iu_671923_586221.webp

Edit: it was fucking delicious. I haven't eaten fish in ages.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-20 08:18:21

At 6/11/16 11:54 AM, Kiwi wrote: This is a club for people who enjoy cooking, baking, and eating.

I'll be posting some of the different desserts and meals that I have made in this thread. I'm not a professional by any means, but I do enjoy baking and cooking as a hobby. I'd also like to see some of your creations, ideas for food, or hear about meals or desserts that you've really enjoyed and why you enjoyed them.

Feel free to share your creations or reccomendations for foods or food places, as well as why you would or wouldn't like some type of food.

The first thing I'll be sharing is a White Strawberry Jell-O poke cake I made four the Fourth of July last year (pictured below). I made strawberry Jell-O, and baked a plain white cake. I then poked holes into the white cake with a straw after it had baked, and before the Jell-O had molded, I poured it into the white cake. I let the cake cool for a few hours, then I topped the cake with whipped white frosting, blueberries and strawberries in the shape of an American flag.

This cake was really good. It had the perfect sweet taste to it, and the fruit went so well with the taste of the Jell-O that was inside of the cake.

Looks delish

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-20 21:03:58

iu_672626_5867179.pngiu_672625_5867179.pngDindin

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-21 11:06:01

At 5/26/22 02:28 PM, Kiwi wrote: Some chocolate covered pretzels 🥨 I made this morning ☺️

Nails to match the pretzels too. ;) Nice photos.

And them sugar cookies.

At 6/20/22 12:13 AM, OlTrout wrote: Edit: it was fucking delicious. I haven't eaten fish in ages.

Wouldn't have known what that was if you didn't write it, but looks delicious.

At 6/20/22 09:03 PM, Kiwi wrote: Dindin

This too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-28 15:03:22

iu_679768_5867179.pngHere is a grilled chicken salad with croutons and strawberries and garden cherry tomatoes and bell peppers

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-06-29 00:33:50

Due to a combination of being busy and forgetful, I haven't been recording my meals. Hope to change that soon.

iu_680225_9477648.webp

iu_680224_9477648.webp

“I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.” - Jack Handey