00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zachattack92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Radio Support and Feedback

23,600 Views | 167 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

You can post any problems or feedback you have with radio here. I intend to post updates to radio here, so you can favorite this thread if you'd like to see those.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-25 19:08:36

At 7/23/16 05:42 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: This thread will be used for NG Radio support and feedback.

I miss Radiogrounds. This thread excites me.

------------((chants))----------------

Whose the man? BrenTheMan
Whose the man ?BrenThe Man

anywayz, any chance of having a cinematic station any time soon??

AWESOME WORK BTW

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-29 23:32:11

Will There ever been a chance to host a newgrounds Talk show!?!?

Hosted by WAConline for I have my own studio.
Bren If that happens I will love you to death <3

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 00:18:06

At 7/29/16 09:12 PM, Akuaitance wrote:

:: anywayz, any chance of having a cinematic station any time soon??

That's under Easy Listening like it is on the site. I'm not sure we have enough in that genre to do a full station for it.

At 7/29/16 11:32 PM, WAConline wrote: Will There ever been a chance to host a newgrounds Talk show!?!?

Yes. Let's hear a demo. :)

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 00:40:31

At 7/30/16 12:18 AM, BrenTheMan wrote::

That's under Easy Listening like it is on the site. I'm not sure we have enough in that genre to do a full station for it.

Gotcha...Still...,EXCELLENT WORK!

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 01:12:41

At 7/30/16 12:18 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 7/29/16 11:32 PM, WAConline wrote: Will There ever been a chance to host a newgrounds Talk show!?!?

One Demo tape coming right up!

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 10:28:28

At 7/23/16 05:42 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: This thread will be used for NG Radio support and feedback.

I'm loving this radio already! :oD I was wondering if you could add an option to rate the song while it is playing.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 13:42:41

I think those little "Thanks for listening to Newgrounds Radio!" messages leave a lot of room to throw in some voice actors. For what it's worth, I volunteer. Loving NG Radio by the way. Great feature, thanks so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-30 14:15:11

I'm guessing genre detection is solely based on the authors' tags and such? Tuning into the metal station, treated to 5 straight electronic tracks before getting one.

Derp.

BBS Signature

I love it!!
N.G. is now my favorite websight of all time.

T.V, Netflix, Garbage Youtube Prank bros, and lame Last Fm are now all replaced for me.

It's straight reading books, making my own music, and Newgrounds now!
I get sick tunes, made by people; real people. New music daily with pop up function as well as a link to their song!
I get wicked Original Stories and art!

And comedy for that daily laughter.

You guys did it, I friggin love you all.
Jamming to the Heavy Metal Station right now, and could not be more happy.

EVERYTHING'S ORIGINAL!! SUCK IT BIG SOULLESS COMMERCIALIZED PROGRAMING !

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-31 11:16:54

Freaking love this. It's introducing me to so many cool and new songs! Amazing job.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-07-31 16:28:50

At 7/30/16 10:28 AM, Anthonny wrote: I'm loving this radio already! :oD I was wondering if you could add an option to rate the song while it is playing.

I'll add all that soon.

At 7/30/16 01:42 PM, Gianni wrote: I think those little "Thanks for listening to Newgrounds Radio!" messages leave a lot of room to throw in some voice actors.

Yeah that's essentially a placeholder.

For what it's worth, I volunteer. Loving NG Radio by the way. Great feature, thanks so much.

Cool, I have a few jingles to add vocals to. I keep you in mind when I get to that point.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-08-01 22:06:18

At 7/30/16 10:28 AM, Anthonny wrote:
I'm loving this radio already! :oD I was wondering if you could add an option to rate the song while it is playing.

That and favorite. While we're at it, let's have a list of songs previously played (like Bandcamp Weekly), so people don't miss out on any chances to see what song finished playing.

At 7/30/16 01:42 PM, Gianni wrote: I think those little "Thanks for listening to Newgrounds Radio!" messages leave a lot of room to throw in some voice actors. For what it's worth, I volunteer. Loving NG Radio by the way. Great feature, thanks so much.

Great idea. Maybe have a (somewhat) rare funny message thrown in from each voice actor.

In the light, we see the world. But only in darkness can you see what the world truly is.

Where are all the trees going? O.O -yarow

I think, therefor, I'm dangerous.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-08-08 17:10:44

You know what, scratch that. Don't make it like Bandcamp Weekly. Keep it as it is. The limitations force me to appreciate it more and make it feel like a real radio station.

In the light, we see the world. But only in darkness can you see what the world truly is.

Where are all the trees going? O.O -yarow

I think, therefor, I'm dangerous.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-08-11 17:13:35

Do you have any lines or can I freestyle? :P

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-08-11 22:35:46

Man I love this radio! I've heard tons of badass Metal songs.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-09-26 04:47:05

At 7/25/16 07:08 PM, jonthomson wrote: I miss Radiogrounds. This thread excites me.

Same here. The music won't be so mainstream now, but I'm really digging the new finesse! Easy listening.

Feature suggestion: how about a link to the radio in the AP? Seems a bit hard to find as is.

Also, that 'Radio Support & Feedback / Visit Newgrounds!' feels a bit superfluous on a pop-up IMHO. Thoughts on a 'Close window´ link instead?

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-10-08 00:28:57

At 10/7/16 06:08 PM, thepixelizer wrote: For some reason the name of the song and musician are not appearing. I'm using Firefox.

That was temporary and should be fixed now.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-10-25 15:17:49

At 7/23/16 05:42 PM, BrentHeMan wrote: You can post any problems or feedback you have with radio here. I intend to post updates to radio here, so you can favorite this thread if you'd like to see those.

Is anyone else having issues where it randomly stops playing? I've tried it on 3 different computers and get the same issue.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2016-12-12 22:11:03

At 10/25/16 03:17 PM, VikingDave wrote: Is anyone else having issues where it randomly stops playing? I've tried it on 3 different computers and get the same issue.

No, haven't had any issues, well, ever. All seems to be streaming fine. Actually, it works better than the standard NG player for me, which freezes if I don't disable ads -- and I refuse to disable them with the state of things here.

As for possible additions, I'd love a station for podcasts. I often listen to them while relaxing, drawing, etc. So far, I'm loving what the radio has to offer, though. Another thing I think would be really cool would be occasional featured artist ads, etc. It seems to work with mainstream services like spotify. If kept short, they wouldn't be annoying. The talk show idea brought up earlier is another goodie, and it would be super cool.

Mostly, I just wanted to stop by and make my appreciation known. This is probably the most awesome thing that's happened in a while. I mean, no more queuing up a workout playlist; it's all here. :)

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-17 07:33:03

Is runs fine i don't see the artist or song name using google chrome windows 10

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-17 12:58:14

At 1/17/17 07:33 AM, gearheadwarhead wrote: Is runs fine i don't see the artist or song name using google chrome windows 10

This is now fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-17 13:24:11

I don't think the site notified me of these replies so I missed them.

At 10/25/16 03:17 PM, VikingDave wrote: Is anyone else having issues where it randomly stops playing? I've tried it on 3 different computers and get the same issue.

There was a bug with the radio software there for a while that caused this. It was fixed pretty quickly.

At 12/12/16 10:11 PM, EDM364 wrote: No, haven't had any issues, well, ever. All seems to be streaming fine. Actually, it works better than the standard NG player for me, which freezes if I don't disable ads

@Mike (who wrote the standard player) very generously helped me get this fixed a couple of years ago. Let me know if you still experience freezing.

As for possible additions

Podcasts might not be too hard to get set up. Ads were planned but I don't know that that will ever happen now (I'm no longer actively developing radio).

Mostly, I just wanted to stop by and make my appreciation known. This is probably the most awesome thing that's happened in a while. I mean, no more queuing up a workout playlist; it's all here. :)

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-20 22:58:25

At 12/12/16 10:11 PM, EDM364 wrote: As for possible additions, I'd love a station for podcasts.

I added a Podcasts station. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-20 23:44:06

At 1/20/17 10:58 PM, BrentHeMan wrote: I added a Podcasts station. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Works great!

The only other things I can think of are to be able to search by tag, or to just add more genres -- or maybe even date ranges, or "classics". There's tons of cool stuff that I think could be done over time if you ever get around to updating again, and I love that I don't have to make a playlist to go through a station I like, or really ever touch it unless there's something I don't enjoy. Good stuff.

Does this add to the downloads or plays of the tracks it grabs?

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-21 15:34:47

At 1/20/17 11:44 PM, EDM364 wrote: Works great!

Cool.

There's tons of cool stuff that I think could be done over time if you ever get around to updating again

Yeah there are a LOT of things that would be cool and that can be done. Just about anything you can think of when it comes to mixing up stations, doing requests, having time based radio shows, etc.

Does this add to the downloads or plays of the tracks it grabs?

Not yet but that's the plan.

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-01-21 20:38:42

At 1/21/17 03:34 PM, BrentHeMan wrote: Yeah there are a LOT of things that would be cool and that can be done. Just about anything you can think of when it comes to mixing up stations, doing requests, having time based radio shows, etc.

I notice you have mini commercials even, which are cute. Reminds me of Casualty and NG Bytesize almost with little easter eggs. You've really got a cool thing going here.

Time based shows sounds pretty cool. Perhaps in the future a setting for that -- to more emulate your average radio, talk shows early morning interspersed with music. I wonder if the Radio really takes off if we could even have live shows. I'm sure that's been discussed before.

Not yet but that's the plan.

Cool. What would it take to make that happen? I ask mostly just because your radio player doesn't crash my old ass PC video card like the NG player does, hahahah.

If you could get it to work with our stats, my head is thinking perhaps NG radio could be further adapted and shared around the web to bring not only more traffic to NG's AP but also to perhaps run small non-intrusive ads to bring in a little extra revenue while we're at it. Every little thing helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-02-25 04:16:54

At 2/25/17 04:03 AM, Hacklyn wrote: 3. Also more importantly, could you make it easy to give rating to songs, directly from the radio? Because if I open up the song link a)it might stop the music, b) the music on the link will play also, 3) too many clicks involved.

This would actually be quite convenient but I wonder if it'd be a bit much coding. Nevertheless, rating the songs I hear on the radio can be a pain. Generally I just pause the music though.

BBS Signature

Response to Radio Support and Feedback 2017-04-14 10:47:35

The mobile site for NG radio isn't working for me anymore. It worked yesterday. Is there a fix for this?