00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Unpaid]Looking for animators!

2,531 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-16 05:10:15

Hello everyone this is Stelly And The Monkey!

We are Youtubers for almost 3 years and we just started a common channel together, it is a lot of fun and we will be doing it for a long, long time!

Our dream is to have our first animation based of the conversations we have on the channel, like the thousands of GameGrumps and some OneyPlays out there.

Here is one example of their gameplay discussions turning into a cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6MFl55_FY

We can't really pay because we don't make any money ourselves, but if there is any animators out there that are looking for an idea for their next animation, we would love to feature them on our channels and praise them everywhere we go haha! We would prefer a total video of at least one minute, so if we succeed in the future, we can find you and give you a nice thank you tip for your work based on the revenue of that video. This is not a promise for money, just a gesture from our part, but we do plan to work hard and grow our channel.

A warning here is that our channel is 18+ because we swear a lot and make offensive jokes, so keep that in mind before entering :)

Here is an example of our channel. We don't have much yet but we upload daily a 10+ minute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYEYlKRi0k

Thank you for reading and we hope we find people here willing to fulfill our dream! :D

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 02:42:14

Hi SteliosGame,

You might want to rethink your strategy if your going to get anyone to help, you should provide incentives.

BBS Signature

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 08:11:46

Wow what is going on here with the one person telling me to kill myself and another post about strategies? Its not like I asked someone to send me money via paypal or something, I don't understand the hostility haha

I was just asking if there are any people out there with nothing better to do and want to create an animation for fun so I provide an idea, nothing more. If I wanted a professional animation for my channel I would go to fiverr and pay people to do that, or ask for a paid job and expect the quality based on the money I offer. So since I don't offer any money, I don't expect anything in return. Even if a beginner would create something for us, it would be amazing.

But anyway, thank you Wondermeow for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it. :)

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 08:13:33

At 3/16/17 04:29 PM, hchert wrote: KYS

Easy to say these kind of things behind the comfort of a computer screen.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 10:20:08

At 3/17/17 09:59 AM, hchert wrote: yes you are asking for money TIME is MONEY and animation takes a lot of time

So you say that if you do projects at school you should be paid huh? Or if you are doing an interneship? There is a difference between ASKING for help like people doing charity and DEMANDING for something. I don't remember asking you anything personally. I help people all the time without asking anything in return. Not everyone thinks the way you do.

So if you are not interested in helping in any way and your only purpose here is attack me just because my idea of 'asking for free' makes you frustrated, I think that you should spend your time in better ways. If someone is nice enough to offer their help just because they want to have a fun project for their entertainment, I don't think it is any of your business.

Being an asshole helps no one, it only shows your qualities as a person.

Anyway I am not here to argue, its a waste of time. I have better things to do.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 13:17:31

At 3/17/17 10:52 AM, hchert wrote: you are fucked in the head , if you think that applies here

debate me on it , if you dont mind me recording and putting it up on youtube

DISCORD : Henry#0578

I would appreciate if you stop harassing me on newgrounds, youtube, twitter and skype. stop stalking people. thanks.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 11:45:58

At 3/18/17 11:19 AM, Sicsophor wrote: It says "Unpaid" right in the title. Why is anyone even bothering coming in here to say anything? That's like going to a store that has "Closed" in their window and you start complaining that it's not open. Quit being morons.

Exactly. Thank you man.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:03:44

Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:38:14

At 3/18/17 03:03 PM, HideoutGamer wrote: Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:40:16

At 3/18/17 03:38 PM, SteliosGame wrote:
At 3/18/17 03:03 PM, HideoutGamer wrote: Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/

Will be :D

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 15:00:09

As a "content creator" and an animator I can empathize with both sides of this argument. No one is really right or wrong and the overall situation was handled poorly.

But all that aside I wanted to comment on your videos. Your intro is very clean and looks professional. However, your thumbnails are rather poor in comparison. I would never click on one of your videos for the thumbnail alone. Work on that and you should see a nice little boost in views.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 15:50:33

I just watched some of your videos, and I would love to do this.
Reply if interested.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 16:00:11

At 3/20/17 03:00 PM, Zeno-Sensie wrote: As a "content creator" and an animator I can empathize with both sides of this argument. No one is really right or wrong and the overall situation was handled poorly.

But all that aside I wanted to comment on your videos. Your intro is very clean and looks professional. However, your thumbnails are rather poor in comparison. I would never click on one of your videos for the thumbnail alone. Work on that and you should see a nice little boost in views.

Thank you for the constructive criticism zeno, appreciate it! Thank you for the intro compliment, happy you enjoyed. About the thumbnails, it was the part of my partner and he hasn't gotten used yet, but I have already told him about that and the future scheduled thumbnails have more personality and a more colorful background. We are just finding our style since it is new!

If you have anything else besides the thumbnails that we already changed, I would love to hear that. I am going for the best quality possible and it would help a lot!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 16:01:02

At 3/20/17 03:50 PM, berdthenerdy wrote: I just watched some of your videos, and I would love to do this.
Reply if interested.

Sure, happy to have fun together! :D

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 21:53:41

If you need help thumbnail wise, go to BeFunky! It is for free with no download and watermark! Also, I could maybe animate one video for you for free! (ex of work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzBdNYLpzI&list=PLu3-Hc1wrpH03cf2cDAlnjkVp6PDw_DKf&index=1)

[Unpaid]Looking for animators!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 23:48:17

At 3/20/17 09:53 PM, VivendmaYoutube wrote: If you need help thumbnail wise, go to BeFunky! It is for free with no download and watermark! Also, I could maybe animate one video for you for free! (ex of work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzBdNYLpzI&list=PLu3-Hc1wrpH03cf2cDAlnjkVp6PDw_DKf&index=1)

Thanks for the link and the offer man!

Nice looking channel you got there.

Even though you put "unpaid" in the title, you want to get your version of gg animated without effort at all.
The game grumps did their own, and never asked for gg animated, fans did that on their own. When they asked for animations, they paid well. Not to mention they had their previous careers to back their channel up.
You are trying to take a shortcut on effort... NEVER avoid effort.

I agree hchert went overboard and should freaking chill. But he posted what happened between you guys, and it's not pretty.
I understand you might loose your chill when someone just says KYS out of the blue, but you didn't have to lose your chill as well.

Wondermeow has a point, any kind of incentive is fine. Just because theese kids work for free, doesn't mean you can take them for granted. They'll drop the animations before they finish them, that's what ussually happens.

I super wish you the best. Haters are everywhere, and you can shrug them off, but you can't assault them for disagreeing with you.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-23 02:33:19

At 3/23/17 02:12 AM, kehny wrote: Nice looking channel you got there.

Even though you put "unpaid" in the title, you want to get your version of gg animated without effort at all.
The game grumps did their own, and never asked for gg animated, fans did that on their own. When they asked for animations, they paid well. Not to mention they had their previous careers to back their channel up.
You are trying to take a shortcut on effort... NEVER avoid effort.

I agree hchert went overboard and should freaking chill. But he posted what happened between you guys, and it's not pretty.
I understand you might loose your chill when someone just says KYS out of the blue, but you didn't have to lose your chill as well.

Wondermeow has a point, any kind of incentive is fine. Just because theese kids work for free, doesn't mean you can take them for granted. They'll drop the animations before they finish them, that's what ussually happens.

I super wish you the best. Haters are everywhere, and you can shrug them off, but you can't assault them for disagreeing with you.

Thank you for the comment and best wishes. I shouldn't really reply because I don't think there is any point anymore, but I didn't want to be rude.

First of all there is a difference between disagreement and attack. That person kept swearing at me, stalking me in every media he could find and harassing me in general. I am not going to tolerate such behavior just because someone had a bad day or something like that, as I respect others, I expect respect too.

And as many other times it was mentioned, the title itself says 'unpaid'. So anyone who isn't interested shouldn't even bother with this topic.

Then you talk about Gamegrumps. Which from the first day they started their channel had a good following since they had previous Youtube careers on their own. How are we going to pay someone to create animations for us if we don't make any money ourselves? And just because some people are willing to take our ideas and create animations, this doesn't mean they are less important than more experienced animators, I will treat them the same way. I don't understand why you connect skills and experience with doing something for free? Even if a big animator liked what we do and would like to do something for us, we would still be as happy as an amateur one would.

I don't think I have done anything wrong here. I asked for people interested to have a fun project with me, and completed my goal. And I really appreciate the people who offered that, it doesn't mean I want to take advantage of them. I even offered to every one of them any help they need or any of my services like do banners for them or other graphic designing, video editing, etc.

I don't understand why people connect money with doing something which isn't even work. I didn't tell them to do specific things, just do whatever they want and have fun becoming better animators using my work. I find it really stupid that this conversation continues and people don't understand that other things can be done rather than money to repay someone for your gratitude. If I would try to take advantage of these people, it would be a different story.

But since you don't know me as a person, everyone should stop just assuming things just because 'everyone else does the same'. Stop generalizing.

Anyway this is what I had to say and this comment wasn't targeted to you specifically, your kind word were sweet and I appreciate them. But this is the last time I address this because this conversation is just a waste of time, since I already found awesome people to have fun projects together.

Thank you for reading.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-23 17:20:37

At 3/23/17 04:56 PM, Sicsophor wrote: I have to disagree with this part: "I don't understand why people connect money with doing something which isn't even work."

ALL animation is work. You'd be surprised how long it can take to get a single second completed.

Of course I know animation is work :)

I am just saying that since I didn't put any rules to them and just told them to do whatever they want and just have fun, knowing that they might not even finish them, it is not really considered a job, just a project.

Job is putting rules and working within a time limit.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-23 17:43:01

Thanks man, appreciated!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-04 11:29:09

Agree! Alot can happen in 24 frames! But i would be willing to help if theres still availability. My animation is cut-out style and slightly crappy but fuck it!

At 3/23/17 04:56 PM, Sicsophor wrote: I have to disagree with this part: "I don't understand why people connect money with doing something which isn't even work."

ALL animation is work. You'd be surprised how long it can take to get a single second completed.

At 6/4/17 11:29 AM, theBEARtrap wrote: Agree! Alot can happen in 24 frames! But i would be willing to help if there's still availability. My animation is cut-out style and slightly crappy but fuck it!

Well.. 6 people contacted with me agreeing to make one and in the end no one did anything soo I don't really care anymore about these things. If you want to do an animation for us and like our videos cool, just go to our channel, pick a funny moment and make one preferably more than 50 seconds. But I don't expect animations or even care anymore hahaha

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-04 16:38:19

But where is the motivation??? Lol its all good man, lots of ppl will turn down a project, doesnt mean u should stop looking. It would help alot to get more from your vids other than voice overs. animating scenes with nothing but scratch is quite difficult. Voice overs are a small portion of a short. We need character designs, from atleast 3 dif angles, then lip drawings for each vowel, different hand drawings, backgrounds, storyboards or (camera angle ideas at the very least) then when we get all that we can start animating, (i prefer lipsyncing first then animating based off the voice tones) Now you want 50 seconds so that equals to about 1200 frames. Not too hard animate that many frames but like i said befor alot can happen depending on whats said. Then when thats done you go into post production (which im sure i dont need to explain.) i do admit my animation is kinda crappy but this is al the production that goes into a basic animation. If theres writing and music even more work. So yea it is gonna be difficult to find others but just have faith and i understand you might not be able to pay anyone but having more to offer would be alot more helpful in the future! I wish and hope the best of luck to you!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-04 16:49:22

At 6/4/17 04:38 PM, theBEARtrap wrote: But where is the motivation??? Lol its all good man, lots of ppl will turn down a project, doesnt mean u should stop looking. It would help alot to get more from your vids other than voice overs. animating scenes with nothing but scratch is quite difficult. Voice overs are a small portion of a short. We need character designs, from atleast 3 dif angles, then lip drawings for each vowel, different hand drawings, backgrounds, storyboards or (camera angle ideas at the very least) then when we get all that we can start animating, (i prefer lipsyncing first then animating based off the voice tones) Now you want 50 seconds so that equals to about 1200 frames. Not too hard animate that many frames but like i said befor alot can happen depending on whats said. Then when thats done you go into post production (which im sure i dont need to explain.) i do admit my animation is kinda crappy but this is al the production that goes into a basic animation. If theres writing and music even more work. So yea it is gonna be difficult to find others but just have faith and i understand you might not be able to pay anyone but having more to offer would be alot more helpful in the future! I wish and hope the best of luck to you!

Thank you for the detailed comment, it is appreciated! :)
It is true that it needs something to motivate people, but this is something on the side really, since we have more important things to focus on. Something just for fun, you know? But as I said it doesn't matter anymore, I wasted enough time already arguining here with people complaining for no reason since the title said unpaid and in the end no one did anything. I could have spent this time more productively. you are a nice person though, thank you!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-07 23:37:36

At 3/17/17 09:58 AM, hchert wrote: If you would ask me or anyone to work for FREE like this, I would beat you

What's with the hostility? Jesus Christ. Working for free is like a god damn suicide note to you.
Ironically you're complaining about working for free....on a website with all free content!

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-08 02:34:01

At 6/7/17 11:37 PM, DEC0DE wrote:
At 3/17/17 09:58 AM, hchert wrote: If you would ask me or anyone to work for FREE like this, I would beat you
What's with the hostility? Jesus Christ. Working for free is like a god damn suicide note to you.
Ironically you're complaining about working for free....on a website with all free content!

hahahahaha well I am pretty sure that the ones who complain are like 12 years old and can't even animate, the serious and mature animators wouldn't even care.

Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-06-08 08:48:25

hahahahaha well I am pretty sure that the ones who complain are like 12 years old and can't even animate, the serious and mature animators wouldn't even care.

Exactly