00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mrmclovin112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video

10,796 Views | 36 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video 2017-04-05 01:31:24

At 4/4/17 08:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: @PhantomArcade3000 and @IvanAlmighty have actually set up workstations at the office and their working on a successor to "This Week on Newgrounds" but with animated characters and whatnot... The current idea is "This Month on Newgrounds." Excited to see where it goes.

Cool! Kind of like a news show.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video 2017-04-06 03:25:32

>The current year
>Not going green

What would Bernie Sanders think, Tom? Check your privilege, you shitlord

BBS Signature

At 4/4/17 11:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: HTML5 player won't match the visualizations currently in the Flash version. It will be pretty simple to start with but have ideas to make it more interesting down the line.

Would be pretty cool if you could have both Flash and HTML5 versions of the player, and make that a profile option people can toggle. For certain tracks I would miss those visualizations... it's like they bring the music to life.

Alternative idea: public/open source code for that resource would be pretty cool to have.

The current idea is "This Month on Newgrounds." Excited to see where it goes.

Sounds exciting!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video 2017-04-06 14:47:03

One problem I could see with Construct/Html5 is that the exported files really get HUGE. For example, i recreated a little 20 kb Flash game in Html5, which became 933kb. And I even optimized the hell out of the graphics.

Response to Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video 2017-04-06 14:52:03

At 4/6/17 02:47 PM, Wiesi wrote: One problem I could see with Construct/Html5 is that the exported files really get HUGE. For example, i recreated a little 20 kb Flash game in Html5, which became 933kb. And I even optimized the hell out of the graphics.

A lot of that could be the base engine that gets exported... So it might add an initial 900k in heft but everything else wouldn't be multiples bigger.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-April Fools Stuff & NG Video 2017-04-06 15:06:19

At 4/6/17 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
A lot of that could be the base engine that gets exported... So it might add an initial 900k in heft but everything else wouldn't be multiples bigger.

Ah I see. Yeah that would make sense. I'll continue experimenting.

At 4/4/17 08:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
@PhantomArcade3000 and @IvanAlmighty have actually set up workstations at the office and they're working on a successor to "This Week on Newgrounds" but with animated characters and whatnot... The current idea is "This Month on Newgrounds." Excited to see where it goes.

Yay, I miss TWoNG. It helped me find so many great animations and games that slipped off my radar. Looking forward to TMoNG or whatever it might be.

sicko mode

BBS Signature