00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you reply to most forum topics?

1,491 Views | 19 Replies

Or only when you can think of something good to say? A lot of the time I just come here with a question and don't reply to other people's topics much. I usually don't have some idea in my head the moment I look at thread titles and say "Oh I'm going to mention THIS."

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 19:28:39

At 4/23/17 06:09 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Or only when you can think of something good to say? A lot of the time I just come here with a question and don't reply to other people's topics much. I usually don't have some idea in my head the moment I look at thread titles and say "Oh I'm going to mention THIS."

I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I'm often too scared to say anything because I don't want to look more stupid. So if I do, I try to make them count.

Except for that time I tried to shitpost. That was a mess.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 19:34:59

I reply to some interesting topics that catch my eye. If it's completely boring out there & a random idea I had, I make a post about it.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 19:49:01

At 4/23/17 07:28 PM, Oddlem wrote: I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I'm often too scared to say anything because I don't want to look more stupid. So if I do, I try to make them count.

That sounds beneficial to me. My brain doesn't have much of a filter for what comes out of my mouth or what I type. It does however know how to regret how stupid I sound later on.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 19:52:43

At 4/23/17 06:17 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: I do but I have to admit maybe 10% of my posts (in all forums) not much thought go into.
So far in the time I've spent actively posting here only 2 posts have been a useless comments without the intention of actually following up.

That's a pretty good ratio for putting thought into it though. I usually don't have much to talk about, so I might get midway into a post then delete everything and be like "I literally just wrote a wall of nothing or repeated what everyone else said" *DELETE*

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 20:17:32

I'll normally respond if it's interesting enough to respond to, or if it's a case of the OP being a complete moron.
Otherwise I'll just glance at it and move on if it's not worth my time.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-23 21:43:49

no but i try to realy to the ones i am interested or are fun

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 13:13:01

I tend to reply when I have a reply to that topic or just have something to say/add

I don't post that much, especially compared to users who've had their account for a year and already have the double of my posts. I don't really like posting too much 'cause I always feel like I'm ending the convo. I've never really been the online communication type.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 14:46:20

At 4/24/17 12:45 PM, Gutnacht wrote: I rarely think twice before posting something, unless it's on "Politics"
Let's be honest, we're on General because we want to shitpost. The only thought that goes into my forum submissions are threads that I start.

Also: I avoid NSFW topics whenever I can. So I guess there's your answer.

Avoiding NSFW? How come? I don't really care if people know I like lewd pictures or nudity. Pretty sure there's some in my favorites, But I guess I try to strike a balance so that isn't ALL they see.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 14:48:09

At 4/24/17 01:38 PM, Sekhem wrote: this is my first post

tell me if you have any problems w/my posting

You're a fibber and you've had the same avatar for ages! ;^)

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 14:53:07

At 4/24/17 02:00 PM, Moblin wrote: I don't post that much, especially compared to users who've had their account for a year and already have the double of my posts. I don't really like posting too much 'cause I always feel like I'm ending the convo. I've never really been the online communication type.

I've had an account here since at least 2005 (this is my second one) but I never posted much. I mostly just left reviews for movies I liked and barely touched bbs. I have that same thing where after I post I've essentially damned the thread and no one will evet reply again.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 15:25:39

At 4/24/17 02:53 PM, MinatoArisato wrote:
At 4/24/17 02:00 PM, Moblin wrote: I don't post that much, especially compared to users who've had their account for a year and already have the double of my posts. I don't really like posting too much 'cause I always feel like I'm ending the convo. I've never really been the online communication type.
I've had an account here since at least 2005 (this is my second one) but I never posted much. I mostly just left reviews for movies I liked and barely touched bbs. I have that same thing where after I post I've essentially damned the thread and no one will evet reply again.

Man, sometimes I make myself think it's a coincidence that the thread just died, but it happens so much it feels like a curse.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-24 15:45:20

At 4/24/17 03:42 PM, Gutnacht wrote:
Avoiding NSFW? How come? I don't really care if people know I like lewd pictures or nudity. Pretty sure there's some in my favorites, But I guess I try to strike a balance so that isn't ALL they see.
I don't mind nudity, but when it's some weird anime girl with nipple clamps I stay away. Even on NG there's lines you shouldn't cross.

So basically you stay away from speedosauage's page entirely XD I don't know, different strokes for different folks. I have limits but they go a little further than that. It takes a lot to weird me out.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-25 00:33:58

At 4/25/17 12:01 AM, Leidolfr wrote: I come here twice a week when im shitfaced and bored because if im here sober i feel bad that im 29 and still on fucking newgrounds...

I feel that friendo, I can still see the past nights in the early 2000s sitting alone in the dark after school browsing NG. I want to go back so bad. If we ever find a way to time travel or reverse aging I'll be first in line to try.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-25 00:45:40

At 4/25/17 12:35 AM, Leidolfr wrote:
At 4/25/17 12:33 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:
At 4/25/17 12:01 AM, Leidolfr wrote: I come here twice a week when im shitfaced and bored because if im here sober i feel bad that im 29 and still on fucking newgrounds...
I feel that friendo, I can still see the past nights in the early 2000s sitting alone in the dark after school browsing NG. I want to go back so bad. If we ever find a way to time travel or reverse aging I'll be first in line to try.
thats cuz newgrounds used to be much less gay, and all of here know it, shit I almost want the kitty crew back spammin, atleast the topics changed more than once an hour then...

It's not that NG itself got gayer, it's internet and the population as a whole. normalizing the internet and smartphones was a mistake we can never take back. They've dumbed down everything for the masses. Where you used to be encouraged to never use your real information online, now you're weird for not doing it. The roots of big businesses, tracking, and controlled information, (Not just political propaganda, but products and thought placement) it all runs so deep now that there's nowhere to run from it. I'm just Happy Tom is still around and running this place. We've all lived through this bullshit together.

At 4/25/17 12:51 AM, Leidolfr wrote:
At 4/25/17 12:45 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: It's not that NG itself got gayer, it's internet and the population as a whole.
yes and no, ill tell you what happened, ive said it before, they got too little kid friendly because they thought theyd make more money off them, pull all the punches you want, thats what it was and all the not 12 year olds said nope, then everyone got banned for bullshit, then they went to 4 chan and ruined NG's forums, and they stepped up security but stopped being faggots, now if you look up newgrounds report, they make like 3k a week thereabouts, much less than they used to, and their security rating is like 9.5 but their little kid friendly rating is like 3.0, now no one comes because they buy real games and dont give a fuck about pico part 5000 and tshirts with queer smiley faces, so all thats left is us old fags, and the super new fags that still think pico games are good

They took out the hentai ads yeah, but that's not what brought us where we are today. Like I said, it's everywhere. When the internet began getting shittier, I actually migrated to 4chan for a long time, since it was one of the only places with some OC and funny content cropping up day to day. But if you go look at any of the boards now, they've been largely taken over. There is no good content anymore. It's literally just the same threads over and over, and the same stale memes which immediately get documented on chanology or knowyourmeme etc. The mystery and fun of the internet has largely left, and small forums are the only hope for anything decent anymore. You need to hide shit from social media before the normies spoil it.

Do you reply to most forum topics?

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-25 02:11:28

At 4/25/17 01:39 AM, Leidolfr wrote:
At 4/25/17 01:37 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: They took out the hentai ads yeah, but that's not what brought us where we are today. Like I said, it's everywhere. When the internet began getting shittier, I actually migrated to 4chan
I went on the onion years ago and still consider the surface web a giant joke for amateurs who dont like to buy drugs stuffed in old vhs players...

I've never had any need for it since I don't really do drugs in the first place. But I've seen complete guides on how to use the onion posted on imgur broken down for normies, so I fear all hope is lost. They have consumed everything, everywhere.

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-25 10:18:37

At 4/25/17 12:45 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:

thats cuz newgrounds used to be much less gay, and all of here know it, shit I almost want the kitty crew back spammin, atleast the topics changed more than once an hour then...
It's not that NG itself got gayer, it's internet and the population as a whole. normalizing the internet and smartphones was a mistake we can never take back.

Oh my god, so much this. It used to be there was a bare minimum of intelligence required to get on line, and now pretty much every kindergartner is shit posting somewhere. I think this is also why there was so much stigma against n00bs back in the day; we knew we were being flooding by idiocy, but we had no idea why or how to stop it.

They've dumbed down everything for the masses. Where you used to be encouraged to never use your real information online, now you're weird for not doing it. The roots of big businesses, tracking, and controlled information, (Not just political propaganda, but products and thought placement) it all runs so deep now that there's nowhere to run from it. I'm just Happy Tom is still around and running this place. We've all lived through this bullshit together.

I honestly think people will eventually have government issued biometric online citizen accounts instead of social security cards. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because of how many details have to be ironed out, but it makes too much sense not to happen.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you reply to most forum topics? 2017-04-25 16:24:55

At 4/25/17 10:18 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 4/25/17 12:45 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:

It's not that NG itself got gayer, it's internet and the population as a whole. normalizing the internet and smartphones was a mistake we can never take back.
Oh my god, so much this. It used to be there was a bare minimum of intelligence required to get on line, and now pretty much every kindergartner is shit posting somewhere. I think this is also why there was so much stigma against n00bs back in the day; we knew we were being flooding by idiocy, but we had no idea why or how to stop it.

They've dumbed down everything for the masses. Where you used to be encouraged to never use your real information online, now you're weird for not doing it. The roots of big businesses, tracking, and controlled information, (Not just political propaganda, but products and thought placement) it all runs so deep now that there's nowhere to run from it. I'm just Happy Tom is still around and running this place. We've all lived through this bullshit together.
I honestly think people will eventually have government issued biometric online citizen accounts instead of social security cards. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because of how many details have to be ironed out, but it makes too much sense not to happen.

Its bullshit. The internet used to be free of consequences unless someone chose to specifically involve their real life to the point they got burned for it somehow. Like taking a chance on a sketchy website and losing money or credit card info. Instead of letting natural selection take its course, they chose to legally protect all of these idiots instead. I want to go back to being able to have freedom online and not worry about if I offend anyone or make myself look stupid. Just discard that personality and try again.