00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Upload game on Newgrounds Help

457 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Upload game on Newgrounds Help 2017-05-23 04:07:52

First, I am sorry for my bad English, it is not my mother language.
I have just finished making a game from RPG Maker VK Ace. And I would like to upload it on NewGrounds.
But I really don't understand the Html5 or the Swf part.
So can anyone explain it to me plz.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Response to Upload game on Newgrounds Help 2017-05-24 13:59:34

At 5/23/17 04:07 AM, tjktakbuonngu wrote: First, I am sorry for my bad English, it is not my mother language.
I have just finished making a game from RPG Maker VK Ace. And I would like to upload it on NewGrounds.

I might be wrong but as far as I am concerned, the only games you can upload are those made in Flash...

Response to Upload game on Newgrounds Help 2017-05-25 04:24:45

At 5/24/17 01:59 PM, Sorin-kun wrote:
At 5/23/17 04:07 AM, tjktakbuonngu wrote: First, I am sorry for my bad English, it is not my mother language.
I might be wrong but as far as I am concerned, the only games you can upload are those made in Flash...

Actually I have played some games made in Rpg Maker on NewGrounds.com . That's why I have the idea of posting Rpg Maker game on NewGround.com :3 . Btw, thank you for your reply :D

Response to Upload game on Newgrounds Help 2017-05-28 07:57:48

It all depends on the export. I dont know what RPG maker actually outputs in terms of a finished game. So in the game maker menu there should be an option to export your game in multiple formats. If its Html5 game, then it will be written in javascript and the project normally has an index.html file in the root folder. You just zip this up and submit it to newgrounds. If its a flash export, then you will get a swf file, which is a flash file, and you upload that to newgrounds.

good luck

Response to Upload game on Newgrounds Help 2017-05-28 10:52:39

Could you show an example of an RPG Maker game on Newgrounds? I've never seen it done before, which makes me think that whatever was uploaded might have been an HTML5 or Flash port rather than a direct upload.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)