00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGCHIPS II

1,636 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello! This is NGCHIPS II, the contest with anonymous judging where you make a song based on a theme in a week from scratch!

Link to the website, with the theme.

Hang out in discord and chat! Seriously, come hang out with us! We have lots of fun and do extra compos and stuff.

* How to submit: Do it right on the website.
* Start: RIGHT NOW.
* End: Look at the countdown on the website. Seriously. It's easier than me posting some deadline on here.
* Theme: THE RIVER. But seriously, look at the website for pretty pictures and stuff.

In Chips Compo, YOU MUST VOTE. If you do not vote on other pieces, you will be disqualified and not receive the score on your own piece. No one wants that. :(

-----------------------

Here are the results of Chips Compo I, which had THIRTY SIX amazing pieces! Congrats to @EvilRaccoon, @1f1n1ty and @Demon-Wolf for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! :)

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 02:26:13 (edited 2017-05-27 02:40:32)

Frequently Asked Questions & Miscellanea

Q: I just found out about this. Can I still join?

A: Absolutely! All you officially have to do to enter is submit a track. You can fly totally under the radar and never even post in the thread, if you'd like (though I recommend hanging out and chatting with everyone!)

Q: Are teams allowed?

A: Yes. I will be adding in a collab feature before the end of CHIPS II, so definitely hold out for that (you may want to message me on Discord to confirm). I highly encourage you to be sneaky about it for the extra fun factor when we all try to guess who submitted what songs in the judging round. :)

Q: Is sampling okay?

A: Yes, sampling is fine! The music will not be hosted on Newgrounds for the contest, so feel free to do whatever you want. I feel confident in saying that in a small contest amongst friends we will not receive any takedown requests. :) If you want to upload to NG later, though, it'd be advisable to follow NG's rules, but this is not a requirement for this contest.

Q: Is there a minimum or maximum length requirement?

A: Nope.

Q: How closely do I have to adhere to the theme?

A: There will be a theme adherence category in voting, but theme adherence will not be part of your overall score. The point of the theme is to be an inspirational leaping off point, not a requirement. It's possible we'll have "try to NAIL this theme" compos in the future, but NGCHIPS I is accepting of all styles.

Q: This sounds like fun but I can't made it because I left my cookies in the oven and I should really be getting back. When's the next one?

The next one will start June 10.

Q: Why is it called NGCHIPS?

A: Because it goes stunningly well with NGUAC.

Q: Huh?

A: When the NGUAC runs, inevitably some people won't make it to the next round. NGCHIPS will always be around for those people. So you see...

NGCHIPS scoops up the NGUAC.

MASSIVE TAGLIST

I'm going to continue to tag everyone who was interested in the compo. If you want to be taken off this list, just let me know.

@McGorilla42
@Akaruhime
@midimachine
@Troisnyx
@SkyeWint
@etherealwinds
@LunacyEcho
@Gragon73
@Yoshiii343
@1f1n1ty
@HeliXiX
@TaintedLogic
@drumdude
@BlueOceans
@Ectisity
@MetalRenard
@LucidShadowDreamer
@MactaMendax
@AceMantra
@bolisa
@poinl
@primallightmusic
@Neon-Bard
@Rahmemhotep
@JDawg00100
@ClandestineTemple
@ThatsVile
@Katnip18
@Zechnition
@Spadezer
@Madze
@UltraMX
@endKashika
@ZipZipper
@Demon-Wolf
@EverReverb
@Ceevro
@papkee
@thenoodge

Even if your name is not on this list, you can still participate!

and thanks to @1f1n1ty for the dumb err i mean amazing image

NGCHIPS II

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 02:33:37

At 5/27/17 02:18 AM, johnfn wrote:

Thanks so much for doing this, Johnfn! Last one was a blast, and I'm really looking forward to this one too. :)

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 04:59:09

Cool! I would this round but I'm having laser eye surgery that weekend and I have no clue how I will be at that time. Count me in for the next one though!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 06:15:15

Well I think I'll participate this time ! :3

Wow !

Okay.

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 06:15:48

Have an idea for this one but no idea if I can submit on time.

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-27 14:18:57

At 5/27/17 04:59 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Cool! I would this round but I'm having laser eye surgery that weekend and I have no clue how I will be at that time. Count me in for the next one though!

Oh man! Well, next time you will be composing at twice the speed because you'll be able to see so clearly. :)

At 5/27/17 06:15 AM, MysteriousPresence wrote: Well I think I'll participate this time ! :3

Sweet! :)

At 5/27/17 06:15 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Have an idea for this one but no idea if I can submit on time.

Awesome! Yeah, if you can't make the deadline, you can post what you have. We had a couple of people who did that last time.

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-28 03:43:29

Status, I've written lyrics for this. I'm surprised I haven't broken down and cried given the subject matter.

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-28 11:09:27

are we gonna have contests every week?

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-28 15:42:16 (edited 2017-05-28 15:42:37)

At 5/28/17 03:43 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Status, I've written lyrics for this. I'm surprised I haven't broken down and cried given the subject matter.

Ooh I am looking forward to your piece Trois! :)

We'd love to have you on discord btw, there were a number of people who wanted to say hi :)

At 5/28/17 11:09 AM, SnowTeddy wrote: are we gonna have contests every week?

Yep! Chips, Dumb, Chips, Dumb, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-28 15:49:40

At 5/28/17 03:42 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 5/28/17 03:43 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Status, I've written lyrics for this. I'm surprised I haven't broken down and cried given the subject matter.
Ooh I am looking forward to your piece Trois! :)

We'd love to have you on discord btw, there were a number of people who wanted to say hi :)

I am on Discord right now, if you wanna say hi there.

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-29 05:08:07

I'll definitely participate this time! The last one started during an incredibly busy week and I couldn't join in...but the 10th-17th should be better and I'm super excited. :) Thanks for tagging me, John, and good luck to everyone once again :)

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-05-31 19:30:39

At 5/29/17 05:08 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: I'll definitely participate this time! The last one started during an incredibly busy week and I couldn't join in...but the 10th-17th should be better and I'm super excited. :) Thanks for tagging me, John, and good luck to everyone once again :)

Awesome man! Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-03 03:21:42

One more day left! 21 entries submitted so far! If you haven't started, YOU CAN STILL JUMP IN AND TAKE US ALL BY SURPRISE! :D

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-03 19:32:09

Not sure if I can complete mine on time, but why is the deadline 7 hours and 28 minutes from now? Are we still operating on EST?

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-03 19:35:34 (edited 2017-06-03 19:36:46)

At 6/3/17 07:32 PM, thenoodge wrote: Not sure if I can complete mine on time, but why is the deadline 7 hours and 28 minutes from now? Are we still operating on EST?

That's right. I actually made a mistake, it should have been on EST, but I made it PST. Oh well - I'm keeping it the way it is now. (Future compos will be EST aligned.)

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-06 11:00:35

At 5/29/17 05:08 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: I'll definitely participate this time! The last one started during an incredibly busy week and I couldn't join in...but the 10th-17th should be better and I'm super excited. :) Thanks for tagging me, John, and good luck to everyone once again :)

Wait...What the hell just happened? I went to check out the details and theme and it turns out the competition ended four days ago and is currently being judged? Where the hell did I see that it was starting on the 10th? I'm so confused...

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-06 13:22:53

At 6/6/17 11:00 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: Wait...What the hell just happened? I went to check out the details and theme and it turns out the competition ended four days ago and is currently being judged? Where the hell did I see that it was starting on the 10th? I'm so confused...

I think June 10th is when the next one starts. There's an NGCHIPS contest every other week.

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-06 17:14:09

At 6/6/17 11:00 AM, McGorilla42 wrote:
Wait...What the hell just happened? I went to check out the details and theme and it turns out the competition ended four days ago and is currently being judged? Where the hell did I see that it was starting on the 10th? I'm so confused...

Yeah, Chips Compos only last a week. That does mean there will be another one coming up this Saturday day though, so stay tuned!

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-09 15:10:58

BBS Signature

Response to NGCHIPS II 2017-06-10 02:20:20

At 6/9/17 03:10 PM, johnfn wrote: RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DISCORD

when the countdown on this page hits 0! (I think its 1AM EST)

Thanks for hosting again, @johnfn! I'm really glad I managed to finish a song on time this time around. Looking forward to the next one!

Congrats to all participants!