00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rawkins85 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't upload audio files

1,301 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can't upload audio files 2017-07-15 17:06:58

Hey all, I have searched all over the internet with little avail on this issue. I am trying to upload an audio file like I have done dozens of times but it just says "uploading..." forever, I've tried refreshing, re doing the whole thing, moving the file path on my computer to a different drive, tried three different web browsers, turned off web protect on my virus software, nothing works I'm about to pull my hair out! Any suggestions would be amazing.

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-15 17:24:24

Ok, well I just downloaded a 4th browser, Chrome, and it has an upload % meter at the bottom that is SLOWLY raising, I think the issue is with newgrounds server being slow because I did a speed test on my internet and I am getting 5mbps upload speed and my file is only a few mb. Anyway, I'll post again if it's successful.

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-15 18:11:28

Welp no go, upload must time out or something because the upload bar disappears after it reaches about 30%, so back to square one.....

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-18 01:32:09

How big is this file and what type is it? I've never had any problems and I'm on Opera.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-18 07:36:41 (edited 2017-07-18 07:37:57)

Try this, and please say if it works. A lot of people have been having problems with uploading lately. Since you have changed browsers to no avail it might have something to do with your flash, so try clearing the flash player cache.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-0xY9zU1Q

Just a random idiot

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-19 19:15:14

At 7/18/17 07:36 AM, Ectisity wrote: Try this, and please say if it works. A lot of people have been having problems with uploading lately. Since you have changed browsers to no avail it might have something to do with your flash, so try clearing the flash player cache.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-0xY9zU1Q

Thanks for the help all, it FINALLY uploaded after like the 9th try, I just left it for hours and eventually it did it. I just hope it doesn't do that in the future. If it does I'll try that link you gave, thanks!

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-20 03:59:14

At 7/18/17 07:36 AM, Ectisity wrote: A lot of people have been having problems with uploading lately.

Where are you seeing this being reported?

That YouTube clip is irrelevant btw.

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-20 08:16:05 (edited 2017-07-20 08:16:33)

At 7/20/17 03:59 AM, liljim wrote:
At 7/18/17 07:36 AM, Ectisity wrote: A lot of people have been having problems with uploading lately.
Where are you seeing this being reported?

That YouTube clip is irrelevant btw.

3 - 4 have been mentioning it in the Chips Discord, but it seems like the problem disappears after a couple of hours which is why people haven't been bothered enough by it too report it in the forums I think. into incognito mode seems to fix the problem, but it's like the information is being cached somewhere apart from the browser, because clearing the browser cache doesn't always work.
I haven't had the problem myself so I'm not sure about the details, but a couple of people seem to have had the same problem at the same time. Haven't heard anything since my previous post though
@SoundChris
@Demon-Wolf
@TheMajician
@JordanKyser

Just a random idiot

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-20 09:16:52 (edited 2017-07-20 09:18:04)

SCENARIO 1: Sometimes you may mistake a WAVE file or FLAC file for the MP3 file. Remember that Newgrounds does not support the usage of an audiowave or FLAC files for the Audio Portal. I have made that mistake a lot.

SCENARIO 2: You may have a weak internet connection and/or weak bandwidth. Ensure that the internet/bandwidth connection is properly working and has a strong connection.

SCENARIO 3: Rarely, you may accidentally upload a corrupted audio file. Double check that you have the project file (both in working condition and ready for re-rendering) so you can render the audio file. Some computers may prevent an upload of a corrupted file.

SCENARIO 4: File is rendered on a different samplerate. Remember, 44100 Hz is the required samplerate for all Newgrounds audio. Sometimes, there maybe some audio files uploaded that are in 48000 Hz and less than 44100 Hz. This would generically not be the case, but remember that you render audio through a samplerate of 44100 Hz.

SCENARIO 5: You are uploading on a browser that has slow downloads. Browsers like Microsoft Edge will upload very slowly (generally more than 5 minutes for 10 MB) or not at all.

SCENARIO 6: I have been told this many times, your cache is full. Hold Ctrl and press F5 for PC or Opt + Command + E on Mac.

@Ectisity @FGK2015 told me he had the same problem in NGCHIPS.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-20 13:11:23

I havent tried since I mentioned it, il try the ingocneto mode when I get to my computer

Response to Can't upload audio files 2017-07-21 13:34:55

Great tips Jordan. Those didn't happen to be the case for me but next time I will try clearing browser cash or incognito mode and see if it uploads faster.