00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twinkle123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32

16,439 Views | 261 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 16:28:31

At 7/18/17 04:21 PM, EvilRaccoon wrote:
Well, get ready to feel the pressure again @1f1n1ty, you could go up against Bassfiddlejones and josh. I'm handing my position over to you, as I won't be participating in the NGADM anymore.

All yours! How's that for a twist?

Are you serious D: ?
I don't mean to dig into your reasons if you are, but it'd be a shame to see you go!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 16:41:47

At 7/18/17 04:28 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
At 7/18/17 04:21 PM, EvilRaccoon wrote:
Well, get ready to feel the pressure again @1f1n1ty, you could go up against Bassfiddlejones and josh. I'm handing my position over to you, as I won't be participating in the NGADM anymore.

Are you serious D: ?
I don't mean to dig into your reasons if you are, but it'd be a shame to see you go!

Yeah, I've also pulled out of the underdog judging. I'm sure 1f1n1ty will make it a very interesting battle. There were several reasons why I arrived at this decision, work, focus, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 16:48:59

At 7/18/17 04:41 PM, EvilRaccoon wrote:
Yeah, I've also pulled out of the underdog judging. I'm sure 1f1n1ty will make it a very interesting battle. There were several reasons why I arrived at this decision, work, focus, etc.

Okay, I'm sure you know best. While I'm sad to see you go, I'll try to substitute that with excitement for 1f1n1ty's track!
Good luck with work and all the other things you're doing!!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 16:51:12

Can't wait to see the reaction and the piece he whips out in the next round :D

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

At 7/18/17 04:21 PM, EvilRaccoon wrote: Well, get ready to feel the pressure again @1f1n1ty, you could go up against Bassfiddlejones and josh. I'm handing my position over to you, as I won't be participating in the NGADM anymore.

Are you actually

Well part of me saw that coming

I'll just go ahead and revive the roundwatcher then

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 18:11:29

At 7/18/17 05:57 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 7/18/17 04:21 PM, EvilRaccoon wrote: Well, get ready to feel the pressure again @1f1n1ty, you could go up against Bassfiddlejones and josh. I'm handing my position over to you, as I won't be participating in the NGADM anymore.

Are you actually

Well part of me saw that coming

I'll just go ahead and revive the roundwatcher then

I actually didn't think anyone really looked at it. But glad some found it helpful.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 18:14:46

All right, it looks like we've had another withdrawal / replacement event! The new match-up is...

@1f1n1ty vs @Noisysundae!

Fight ON!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 19:43:13

Congrats to the winners (or wieners) of the last round! Looking forward to CRUSHING YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS with your next submissions. ;D

If you got above an 8.5, I don't really have much advice for you- you're on the right path and it's just little stuff now. However, if you got lower than a 7 or so, I'll see if I can put out a few reviews over the next few weeks as time permits.

I also want to pop by and note that several very conclusive experiments have shown the larger a group is and more incremental the scale used to measure, the more effective it is at determining an 'accurate' reading. Having a to-the-decimal scale and 5-7 judges means we each balance out in our own ways to create a score that represents a true average- to do it any justice with a binary vote would require a massive judging pool (hence why things like bodies of legislature are often very large). That's why some scores seem low and others high on some tracks, and vice-versa on others.

Also, keep in mind this is what I judge you folks with. This is the system I have been using since 2015 for both NGADM and NGUAC (formerly NGAUC) with no issues and reliable results. If you know you have a weakness on this chart, strive to improve it. Youtube tutorials, masterclasses, even the group knowledge of the Newgrounds community are all resources available to you in your journey through music.

N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 19:47:09

so much drama, i missed all the funs.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 19:50:45

At 7/17/17 06:31 PM, Sequenced wrote: lol how is a guy using fl stock drums and the fl keys still in NGADM

hey nobody is rich :3

next time i'll enter with Fasttracker and free samples.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 20:01:33

At 7/18/17 07:50 PM, SnowTeddy wrote:
At 7/17/17 06:31 PM, Sequenced wrote: lol how is a guy using fl stock drums and the fl keys still in NGADM
hey nobody is rich :3

next time i'll enter with Fasttracker and free samples.

Hell, I do my work with Garageband, MeldaProductions FX, a mid-range acoustic/electric steel string, and a $100 USB mic. I know that I've got some production issues, but I think most of those are my own sonic tastes and lack of knowledge on mixing, not my equipment. Yes, I could probably get slightly better results with better equipment, but I don't think it would actually affect my performance that much, overall. What would affect my recording the most, I think, would be setting up a proper recording studio space, and having an engineer work with me. HOWEVER, those things cost a sickening amount of money, and I can't justify paying a hundred bucks an hour to enter a contest where the top prize is $125.

I do this for fun, and getting paid for it is just not something most musicians can accomplish in any meaningful way, in today's climate. I'm simply not good-looking enough to get signed by a label, and that's really what it comes down to nowadays.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 20:19:38

At 7/18/17 08:01 PM, Ceevro wrote: I do this for fun, and getting paid for it is just not something most musicians can accomplish in any meaningful way, in today's climate. I'm simply not good-looking enough to get signed by a label, and that's really what it comes down to nowadays.

Amen to that! i think most of us here do it for fun. expensive gear, nah whatever. it's the talents and joy that matter!

i took an oath to myself that i should stay out of any contests forever, but i didn't. cos the fun. maybe this time i'll stay out for good if y'all just keep hammering on the plushy cute raccoon. you don't have to do this to the poor @evilraccoon IN EVERY NGADM HE PARTICIPATED. please be gentle on each other guys and gals.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 20:42:56

i mean, WHAT THE HELL GUYS, why do you have to push people out of the community? we're getting lesser and lesser people every fucking year and all these infighting shit are sick to the stomach.

At 7/18/17 08:42 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: i mean, WHAT THE HELL GUYS, why do you have to push people out of the community? we're getting lesser and lesser people every fucking year and all these infighting shit are sick to the stomach.

Hey, I get how you feel. But we had the talk already, so let's just leave things as they are without taking the negative tone further. No reason to stir up the pot again :)

Btw, we had more people than ever this year I think, and a fair amount of regulars too!

Man I'm sleepy. Goodnight!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 21:14:19

At 7/18/17 06:14 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: All right, it looks like we've had another withdrawal / replacement event! The new match-up is...

@1f1n1ty vs @Noisysundae!

Fight ON!

Welp, according to my score in the last round, I'm gonna lose either way.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-18 22:49:32

At 7/17/17 02:27 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: Congrats to everyone who made it through and to everyone who competed.

I guess it's me and you @larrynachos. GLHF!

Oh wow, I made it into the round of 32? YES!

Congrats, and good luck McGorilla.

BBS Signature

Slight change of plans, folks! If you would like to get a review from me, please feel free to send me a request via PM. Simply ask, and I will be sure to give you live feedback in the coming weeks. Podcasts are also, at least temporarily, on hold.

Best of luck working on those Round of 32 tracks, everyone! At this point a little writer's block seems to be fairly natural, but I pray that you all find sources of inspiration.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 04:36:30

At 7/17/17 02:27 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: Congrats to everyone who made it through and to everyone who competed. I'm grateful to have made it through! My competitor last round @pomicstone made a really interesting piece (and makes great music in general), so you should check him out.

I guess it's me and you @larrynachos. GLHF!

Congratulations @McGorilla42 and good luck for the next round!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 09:49:13

I'm assuming we're supposed to submit our tracks here, so here is mine:

Figured I'd upload early to get feedback and allow time for adjustments before the deadline. Good luck to everyone for this round! :)

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

At 7/20/17 09:49 AM, McGorilla42 wrote: I'm assuming we're supposed to submit our tracks here, so here is mine:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/756296
Figured I'd upload early to get feedback and allow time for adjustments before the deadline. Good luck to everyone for this round! :)

This is indeed the place! And right after @PomicStone wished you luck in the next round, too. How's that for timing?

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 14:26:00

We have another withdrawal from the Round of 32. @Eviladrianin wants to ease his load a bit, which is quite understandable since he's been taking part in both the NGADM and NGUAC, and he has another project that he's been working on, as well.

Next up would be the team of @LucidShadowDreamer & @SnowTeddy, though it seems like the latter member of said team has recently become unavailable. Are you willing to come back in on your own if that is the case, @LucidShadowDreamer?

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 14:35:52

At 7/20/17 02:26 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: We have another withdrawal from the Round of 32. @Eviladrianin wants to ease his load a bit, which is quite understandable since he's been taking part in both the NGADM and NGUAC, and he has another project that he's been working on, as well.

Next up would be the team of @LucidShadowDreamer & @SnowTeddy, though it seems like the latter member of said team has recently become unavailable. Are you willing to come back in on your own if that is the case, @LucidShadowDreamer?

I'm on my phone now, and not up to date with SnowTeddy's situation. Regardless of whether it is as a team, or solo, I'm willing to step back into the game. Once I'm home and I've had an opportunity to talk with him, I'll make it known in the forums if it's a comeback as a team or not.

I'm excited to see how far I/we can take this, with the second chance!
Good luck to all.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 15:12:27

At 7/20/17 02:35 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: I'm on my phone now, and not up to date with SnowTeddy's situation. Regardless of whether it is as a team, or solo, I'm willing to step back into the game. Once I'm home and I've had an opportunity to talk with him, I'll make it known in the forums if it's a comeback as a team or not.

I'm excited to see how far I/we can take this, with the second chance!
Good luck to all.

In that case, welcome back! For now I'll put you guys down as a team, but we'll play it by ear. The new match-up will be...

@RetromanOMG vs @LucidShadowDreamer & @SnowTeddy

Get some!

At 7/20/17 03:12 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
@RetromanOMG vs @LucidShadowDreamer & @SnowTeddy

Get some!

Good luck, @RetromanOMG!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-20 17:09:08

At 7/19/17 11:48 AM, ChronoNomad wrote: Slight change of plans, folks! If you would like to get a review from me, please feel free to send me a request via PM.

Same here. Send me a PM if you would like a review from me as well. Also, it is very interesting to see how much things are changing in this round.

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-21 14:33:43

Just a little update. I've talk to SnowTeddy, and it would seem we are indeed joining back as a team. Just thought I'd let ya know! :)

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-21 16:45:59

At 7/21/17 02:33 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Just a little update. I've talk to SnowTeddy, and it would seem we are indeed joining back as a team. Just thought I'd let ya know! :)

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what your dynamic duo can whip up!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-22 04:07:43

Okay, finished with my track. Here it is:

Have fun everyone! :D

At 7/22/17 04:07 AM, MrKoolTrix wrote: Okay, finished with my track. Here it is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/756568
Have fun everyone! :D

Got it!

Also, well said. Just because we call it a Deathmatch, that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be fun!

Response to N G A D M 2017 - Round of 32 2017-07-23 13:54:04

Greeting fellow Newground artists.

I formally submit this piece for the NGADM round of 32. Had to get past some writers block and get it shipped out before I get going for a work trip I have tomorrow. So after about 10 hours I got this going.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/756830?updated=1500832211

Hope you enjoy it. Best of luck @keepwalking.

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature