00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con!

15,320 Views | 29 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Tomorrow I'll be flying out to San Diego for Comic-Con, where you'll be able to find Nightmare Cops at the Behemoth booth (#229) as part of the Friends of the Behemoth showcase.

Here's a blog post with a bunch of screenshots!

Brief history: I'm a co-founder of the Behemoth and was lead programmer on Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. This all started in 2002 when @DanPaladin and I made the original web version of Alien Hominid. The following year, the company Dan worked for shut down and his co-worker John Baez had the idea of starting a new company to make a console version of Alien Hominid. Tada! The Behemoth was born and is currently kicking butt with Pit People! It's a fast-paced turn-based co-op adventure and a ton of fun.

Back in NG land, I started working on a game called Nightmare Cops with resident NG artist @JohnnyUtah. @Spazkid came aboard to help with animation / art / levels and @Oney joined up to do music. We have a growing roster of NG voice talent, with the demo including vocals by @RicePirate, @JazLyte, @RomeoJr and @L0LitsMonica, along with JohnnyUtah and Oney.

Nightmare Cops will be an official Newgrounds release but you can play it in the Friends section of the Behemoth booth this week!

This game has a ridiculous amount of blood, sweat and love put into it and I hope it makes people super happy at Comic-Con this week. I also hope we haven't introduced any last minute bugs.

In NG-land, progress continues with the dev team and we plan to let supporters have a go at the new search soon. We've been working out the intricacies of advanced search options across different portals so we won't be doing the preview just yet. We're also still in transition to our new file server, which gives us a huge storage boost and should improve overall performance.

If you're in the San Diego area this week and attending Comic-Con, be sure to stop by and say hi!

Not going to Comic-Con? That's ok, there's always a party here on NG! My favorite thing today is Super Asskick Bro Koopa Kills.

Bonus news: @OrangePylon has launched a Kickstarter for his new game, Abomi Nation!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 16:56:56

Lookin Legit man, still a platformer? Some of those backgrounds look like you can move in and out on Z.

Looks sick.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 17:55:24

At 7/17/17 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
In NG-land, progress continues with the dev team and we plan to let supporters have a go at the new search soon. We've been working out the intricacies of advanced search options across different portals so we won't be doing the preview just yet.

Are you going to let everyone (nonmembers included) use the new search after the supporters test it?

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 18:01:55

At 7/17/17 05:55 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:
At 7/17/17 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
In NG-land, progress continues with the dev team and we plan to let supporters have a go at the new search soon. We've been working out the intricacies of advanced search options across different portals so we won't be doing the preview just yet.
Are you going to let everyone (nonmembers included) use the new search after the supporters test it?

Yupper

BBS Signature

I'm so pumped for this game. I love Jeff's art so damn much.

EDIT: By the way, the link about dude's Kickstarter is fucked for some reason, but here's his Kickstarter page for it.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 18:56:14

At 7/17/17 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: Bonus news: @OrangePylon has launched a Kickstarter for his new game, Abomi Nation!

Thanks for the plug, Tom! The NG community played a big part in making this game a reality. Thanks to all the wonderful musicians from the Audio Portal who allowed me to use their music!

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 19:54:05

Nightmare Cops has come a long way from this nifty little game I saw at Pico Day 2014! I can't wait to see this game when it finally launches.

Are you still on course for it to be out by 2019 @TomFulp?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 20:13:28

Love that pink girl's color palette. Saw Corey working on some of her sprites on one of his streams he occasionally has.

Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 21:00:12

Tom I think you tried to link to the message he sent to you as opposed to the actual Kickstarter page :p

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 21:23:39

Will there be a stream for those that can't make it to comic-con?

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 22:06:09

The game's looking great! Been tuning into some of the game's animation streams and it looks like a shit ton of fun since I enjoy beat 'em up games like these. You should consider dropping some merch for the game. I'd definitely pick up a t-shirt or figure.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-17 23:46:00

At 7/17/17 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: Bonus news: @OrangePylon has launched a Kickstarter for his new game, Abomi Nation!

The Abomi Nation link is going to a PM. Whoopies!

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 04:32:23

If you're working on something or just want something to watch. I think you might enjoy this.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 05:39:11

Nightmare Cops looking amazing!! I'm very excited to see a Newgrounds game out in the console / PC safe. Unprecedented!

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 16:16:23

At 7/17/17 11:46 PM, Masculine wrote:
The Abomi Nation link is going to a PM. Whoopies!

Aaah! I haven't had much sleep this week. It's fixed now.

I'm also in San Diego now!

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 17:49:18

Are you going to allow people to record any gameplay of NC at the con?

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 18:01:19

YESSSSSS I can't waittttttt!!!

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 18:51:17

including vocals by @RicePirate, @JazLyte, @RomeoJr

Wait, hold up; fucking Marc M. contributed to this? Suddenly I feel a huge compulsion to play the game upon release.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-18 18:57:45

At 7/18/17 06:51 PM, Welldoneshellfish wrote:
including vocals by @RicePirate, @JazLyte, @RomeoJr
Wait, hold up; fucking Marc M. contributed to this? Suddenly I feel a huge compulsion to play the game upon release.

He's the voice of your computer AI assistant, HUDSON.

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 01:06:18

It's this kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a member for as long as I have been.

If you lived thru the pandemic this is your wake up call to stop being a shithead.

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 01:57:28

At 7/17/17 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: Tomorrow I'll be flying out to San Diego for Comic-Con, where you'll be able to find Nightmare Cops at the Behemoth booth (#229) as part of the Friends of the Behemoth showcase.

Nice - I'll try to swing by tomorrow before Preview Night - I'm in Small Press at Booth Q14!

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 11:21:24

I lurrrrrv the look so far. Also had fun playing it at pico day etc.

At 7/17/17 08:13 PM, Luis wrote: Love that pink girl's color palette. Saw Corey working on some of her sprites on one of his streams he occasionally has.

Also first post.

When are you going to stream again?

Firster post

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 12:51:54

Gud luck. Please take some pictures 4 us 2 c.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 14:18:04

STREAM TIME. I NEED TO MAKE SURE YOURE SAFE TOM.

Also first post again.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-19 23:20:54

luis, you didn't get it i am so sorry. Streams'd be really cool though.

iwant2moveitmoveit

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-20 11:39:32

OMG TWENTY NINTH!!!

I like the designs. Whos the locked character though, I always like the beefy ones.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-07-22 04:22:12

hey @tomfulp, any chance of this getting frontpaged in honor of chester bennington?

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2017-11-08 09:55:37

So it waseth been time for the official introduction of this here game. :) Though late reading it looks awesome. Looks like the con was awesome. Awesome crew and all and grueling promise! Hyped to play!

At 7/18/17 04:32 AM, The-Great-One wrote: If you're working on something or just want something to watch. I think you might enjoy this.

That was unexpectedly fun. :D Entertaining narrative duo. Almost got stuck watching through the whole thing when I really should be doing other things...

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Nightmare Cops Pics & Comic-Con! 2021-04-04 18:28:26

it looks good so good luck releasing the game bub!