00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Transformers Collab

31,642 Views | 104 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 00:39:25

Whats the file size limit?

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 10:42:27

Something worth noting is, being that times have changed, we advise your cartoon not have anything that could land this collab an A rating.

Lame

JoJo Collab in 2065! Get hyped!

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 14:02:31

I might join

Battle For Dream Island is the best web series

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 17:43:14

At 3/1/23 09:25 PM, CrockettDK wrote: Before time began there was a collab, Newgrounds held a collab for the Transformers over 15 years ago, and with the advent of a new movie coming this year, and almost 40 years of this franchise’s existence. It seems that the perfect time for a sequel has arrived. 

Presenting: The Newgrounds Transformers Collab

Hosted by me and @Gray We are looking for animators to join us in this new Transformers Collab where, unlike the 07 collab, we are opening the floodgates in what you can do. Instead of limiting you to the G1 Cartoon and Live Action Movies, you can make a parody of whatever version of the Transformers you’d like. Be it Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Animated, Prime, whatever.

Applying
We are opening this collab to the public and allowing users to submit applications to us. While some people have already been selected, we’ll need some more. To submit you will need to send an email to ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com with examples of your art and animation. We will be accepting Applications from the 1st of March to the 22nd of March. Applicants will receive notice if they’ve been chosen on the 28th of March with an invite to a discord with other members. You are able to collaborate with voice actors, musicians and other artists.

Something worth noting is, being that times have changed, we advise your cartoon not have anything that could land this collab an A rating.

Specs

Length: between 10 seconds and 2 minutes and 30 seconds (you can ask for the length to be extended on Discord)
Frame Rate: 12-24fps
Resolution: 1920x1080
Video: MP4
Any more details will be given on your acceptance.

Submissions
Submit your application and finished animation Here ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com 

Banner/Thumbnail Art done by @CrockettDK, @Gray, @BeefyThunder, @BlackDingo86NG, @BrolyNG, @Bluehair0, @TheBulbmin, @CJSpellsfish, @Cursedtheworsed, @Crispycatra, @IgwanaSuchus, @InvaderDaniel, @Jammque, @KingCrowned, @Levi0nL1ne, @Logiwan, @0urCast, @SuperCS, @Slushydojo, @Uvii, @Wegra, @Whimsical-Wife, @WVDB, and @ZanderAflame.

Till All Are One

Ooohoooohoooooh This is gonna be fun

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 19:49:19

I'd be really happy to partake in this collab since I love this franchise! Drawing em is one thing, though I want to do some (storyboard) animating which I need to learn quickly!!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-06 02:37:05

this is my rhinox transformer that is in the title picture

CJspellsfish. Frequent music uploads, NG Fishing Collab, and Breaking Bad YTP videos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-06 22:52:07

does this collab also apply to art as well?

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-07 05:58:51

Heck Yeah! Michel Bay Explosions, 3D CGI Beast Wars, That Hot Motocycle Chick in Transformers Prime, It's all awesome!

I hope this collab will be 'more than meets the eye' ;)

The heck is a toasteroven? Please tell me, I need to know.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-07 10:38:00

At 3/6/23 10:52 PM, CoolGuyAnubis wrote: does this collab also apply to art as well?

We have been passing around ideas to have Artists who can’t animate to be featured in the end credits, but in the way where there’s a specific Tag, no. There is not.

You can apply however just like everyone else, I’m of the mindset that including those who wouldn’t be in another collab normally because of their inexperience or inability to animate is a good idea that I hope to find ways to feature in future collabs.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-08 17:16:34

At 3/3/23 01:44 PM, Royal-Harmonica wrote: If there isn't a scene with Optimus and Megatron kissing, I'm not watching

I absolutely agree.

I will never eat enough sand.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-08 23:37:50

We have been passing around ideas to have Artists who can’t animate to be featured in the end credits, but in the way where there’s a specific Tag, no. There is not.

You can apply however just like everyone else, I’m of the mindset that including those who wouldn’t be in another collab normally because of their inexperience or inability to animate is a good idea that I hope to find ways to feature in future collabs.

So basically it can be featured? just as thumbnail art/end credits art? if not then that's alright!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-08 23:55:55 (edited 2023-03-08 23:57:48)

At 3/8/23 11:37 PM, CoolGuyAnubis wrote:

So basically it can be featured? just as thumbnail art/end credits art? if not then that's alright!

Yes!

absolutely! That’s the plan at least.

if you want more details just PM Me here and I’ll tell you anything else, there’s a few things that also might need that art but are not set in stone I could tell you about.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-10 12:06:56

I'm very curious in transformation animation thanks.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-14 02:09:06

Nice

If I will have time, I will take part in it

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-14 20:25:44

anyone need a voice actor. for this collab, please let me know... i really would like to help with this

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-15 15:19:08

IF ANYONE NEEDS A VOICE ACTOR FOR THIS PROJECT, I'M ABSOLUTELY OPEN. I CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT I'LL MAKE ANY ACCURATE IMPRESSIONS BUT I NEED MORE VOICE ACTING WORK PLEASE!!

-WaffleMutt aspiring creative savant

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-16 07:54:46

I support the transformer community!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-16 08:13:38

Anyone wants some 3D models?

I do 3D art and stuff idk

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-16 09:49:52

At 3/1/23 09:25 PM, CrockettDK wrote: Before time began there was a collab, Newgrounds held a collab for the Transformers over 15 years ago, and with the advent of a new movie coming this year, and almost 40 years of this franchise’s existence. It seems that the perfect time for a sequel has arrived. 

Hosted by me and @Gray We are looking for animators to join us in this new Transformers Collab where, unlike the 07 collab, we are opening the floodgates in what you can do. Instead of limiting you to the G1 Cartoon and Live Action Movies, you can make a parody of whatever version of the Transformers you’d like. Be it Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Animated, Prime, whatever.

Applying
We are opening this collab to the public and allowing users to submit applications to us. While some people have already been selected, we’ll need some more. To submit you will need to send an email to ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com with examples of your art and animation. We will be accepting Applications from the 1st of March to the 22nd of March. Applicants will receive notice if they’ve been chosen on the 28th of March with an invite to a discord with other members. You are able to collaborate with voice actors, musicians and other artists.

Specs

Length: between 10 seconds and 2 minutes and 30 seconds (you can ask for the length to be extended on Discord)

Submissions
Submit your application and finished animation Here ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com 

Banner/Thumbnail Art done by @CrockettDK, @Gray, @BeefyThunder, @BlackDingo86NG, @BrolyNG, @Bluehair0, @TheBulbmin, @CJSpellsfish, @Cursedtheworsed, @Crispycatra, @IgwanaSuchus, @InvaderDaniel, @Jammque, @KingCrowned, @Levi0nL1ne, @Logiwan, @0urCast, @SuperCS, @Slushydojo, @Uvii, @Wegra, @Whimsical-Wife, @WVDB, and @ZanderAflame.

Till All Are One

Is it too late to join

The moon landing was shot in Walt Disney's basement!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-16 13:51:57

At 3/16/23 09:49 AM, 0544014 wrote:

Applying

Specs

Submissions

Till All Are One
Is it too late to join

No.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-16 15:15:43

At 3/16/23 01:51 PM, CrockettDK wrote:
At 3/16/23 09:49 AM, 0544014 wrote:

Applying

Specs

Submissions

Till All Are One
Is it too late to join
No.

Cool!

The moon landing was shot in Walt Disney's basement!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-17 18:54:11

If anyone wants a decent story for the animation . reach out .

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-20 05:51:49

looks like i'm due for a big mission

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-25 08:49:27

I guess there is a first time for everything.

Feel free to DM for any requests. YouTube Channel linked to image.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-27 03:25:48

Who's brave enough to do Kiss Players?

(Wow cool an excuse for old-school forum images) Please check out my profile!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-27 03:30:08

At 3/27/23 03:25 AM, Noilaedi wrote: Who's brave enough to do Kiss Players?

I was gonna mention that with the rest of the series in the original post

if someone’s brave enough… we’ll see what happens.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-27 03:47:32

At 3/27/23 03:30 AM, CrockettDK wrote:
At 3/27/23 03:25 AM, Noilaedi wrote: Who's brave enough to do Kiss Players?
I was gonna mention that with the rest of the series in the original post

if someone’s brave enough… we’ll see what happens.

Heck do I have the guts... I mean, THE TOUCH!

(Wow cool an excuse for old-school forum images) Please check out my profile!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-28 21:20:53

omagaaaaaaa bro how i can join in this collab?

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-29 13:50:37

Good luck to everyone involved

Only valid after midnight, every other fortnight, when the store is already closed.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-30 14:28:15 (edited 2023-03-30 14:38:39)

Update regarding applications

We have had a little complication related to Applications. Everyone who submitted an application will have to wait a bit longer for a notice regarding if you’re accepted or not, but we promise to get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you Everyone who has submitted an application for the collab we greatly appreciate your participation.

while everyone waits here’s some art by @WVDB of a bunch of the Seekers. Originaly only Starscream, Thrust, and Skyquake I took it upon myself to recolor them into the rest of the seekers as well as Machine Wars Starscream and King Atlus.

iu_935391_9475454.png

the only ones who might be missing are the Generic seekers from Devastation, Prime Skyquake, Prime Dreadwing, Pretender Starscream, Marvel Comics Starscream, Starscream’s true form from IDW, Jungle Camo Starscream, UT Scarscream Recolors, and anything else I could be forgetting.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature