00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nebulate's art thread with art stuff

6,860 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

To celebrate 50 followers i thought i migth as well make an art thread. Im gonna focus on OC stuff and explain my thought prosses making those OCs. I want to make an attempt doing worldbuilding as well. Introducing OCs that i have not made public yet and showing of old art. And some other stuff sutch as fanart, art trades and etc will also be added here as well.

I find art threads a great form for documentation and a great method to show how one's art skills can evolve between the years. And im exited how my art skills will elvolve in the years.

Also, costructive criticisim is always welcome as always. :)

iu_1049819_14510086.webp

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-08-13 15:32:04

i demand meta

At 8/13/23 03:32 PM, pointlessfield wrote: i demand meta

Here is an old ass drawing of them and Elie. I think this is the first drawing of their redesign.

iu_1049878_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-08-13 15:39:16

At 8/13/23 03:37 PM, Nebulate wrote:
At 8/13/23 03:32 PM, pointlessfield wrote: i demand meta
Here is an old ass drawing of them and Elie. I think this is the first drawing of their redesign.

yis

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-08-13 22:05:34

iu_1050238_12978769.gif

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-08-14 22:10:34

Cute and random keep showcasing them

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Silly thing i made for Clocks of the BBS 2023

iu_1051535_14510086.png

Welcome to another incident of "Nebulate’s pc wants to kill itself". Today ms-paint is unresponsive for some reason. Idk how to properly describe the issue but its not smooth now. As in i cant quickly change coulor, pencil or undo by just tapping the ui. I need to wait or hover over the ui or smth after i used the thing. Its fucking awful and frustrating drawing like this. Almost unuseble. The problem is not there when its used on the browser or flash games. Its exclusive to ms-paint. Its a shame bc i have plans introducing 3 of my old OCs. But i can still do it bc i have old drawings of them. and thank god i have finished my drawings for the creature collab and other collabs.

the problem is either 1: my laptop’s damages has reached the software.

Or 2: my tablet is showing signs of being worn out.

Or 3: ms-paint is going trough a wierd update.

sorry for the rant but here is a vent art of my sona beating my laptop with a whrech mimicing that spiderman meme. Ik its not that great but i have a reason to try lerning drawing analouge. Im going to draw on paper until my issue is solved.

iu_1054522_14510086.png

Bc ms-paint is fucking dead i migth as well post some old art of Pip and giving a history about her evolution. I wiew her as my mascot after all.

Pip was created on the spot on December the 8th 2022 on 11:31AM. As i was bored in school and i started using my drawing tablet so i thought i might as well create an OC on the spot as practice to lern using my tablet (and yes, i did take my drawing tablet to school. i have no shame). So i created the funny gamer bunny girl that likes indie games that day.

And this is the FIRST EVER DRAWING of PIp. God i was shit at digital drawing back then. But consider that Pip was created to make me get used to using a drawing tablet so i do have a reason to be shit back then.

iu_1056154_14510086.png

Yup, that the first ever drawing of Pip. the conseption. As you can see; i have evolved in skills. And Pip has gone through sone design changes. Mainely her outfit had different coulors.

I even made a silly bio that same day. it is in norwegian but you can translate it yourself.

navn: Pip

rase: kanin

kjønn: hokjønn

alder: 15

interesser: spille indie spill, se på anime, gjere gamejams

mislike: uetiske utviklere, glitchy verk, vokne fra søvn

Some stuff was retconned sutch as Pip now being 16 years old and she dossnt reely do gamejams but hey, retconning was ineveteble.

One day later i created a trivia sheet of Pip. Again, its in norwegian but you can translate it. You woud think this woud be retconned to all hell but no. All this is still cannon. Im fucking supprised.

iu_1056155_14510086.png

On christmas day that year i made consepts of a fnf mod featuring Pip. I never intended to commit making one but i made some consepts with a friend.

iu_1056162_14510086.png

iu_1056156_14510086.png

iu_1056158_14510086.webp

On the 7th of January i made drawings of Pip dressing up as indie game characters.

iu_1056159_14510086.webp

iu_1056160_14510086.png

On March 31st i made Pip public and defined her as one of my main OCs. Remember that Blomkatt was created and made public in January 17th. Two month before i chose to introduce Pip to Newgrounds.

iu_1056161_14510086.webp

And now since Pip has been officialy introdused i of cource got a bunch of amazing drawings of her from request threads and art trades by other people.

There are more but arrent upploaded seperatly. Wish i coud show more links to show the great takes of her by others.

I have kept her design the same until August 8th where i decited to redesign her since i felt the couloring of her outfitt was off. So i made a consept drawing of the redesign. And here is the thought prosess of her redesign.

iu_1056163_14510086.png

And a day later i made a official drawing of her redesign. Witch was just the consept. But im still quite proud of it.

iu_1056164_14510086.png

But there you have it. The history and orgins of Pip. I am still proud of her and still wiew her as my primary OC and mascot. I cant wait to explain her lore in the forseeble future. And as you can see. I have indeed evolved in art skills.

I have just now brought back home my old art stuff from my optional art classes. And i just wanted to show of this Blomkatt painting i made there. Im proudly displaying this on my wall. Its actualy a few months old now. I think its from April or May.

iu_1058014_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-08-26 17:18:09

Its robot day and due to reasons i have explained multible times i can’t make a digital drawing. But i still wanted to make somthing for robot day. So why not introduse an old OC of mine.

This is Noobilator (name subject to change) and he is the bitter rival of Pip. He is a degenarate streamer that is one sore looser. And when he loose to someone on the games he play he will do a SCP-096 and sprint to his opponent and shoot crappy memes from his guns. He also has a equaly degenerate fanbase tas assist him spamming memes.

His conseption is from the consept of spamming crappy memes on threads, forums and discord servers. And i used a robot to personify the consept.

iu_1061318_14510086.png

At 8/26/23 05:18 PM, Nebulate wrote: Its robot day and due to reasons i have explained multible times i can’t make a digital drawing. But i still wanted to make somthing for robot day. So why not introduse an old OC of mine.

This is Noobilator (name subject to change) and he is the bitter rival of Pip. He is a degenarate streamer that is one sore looser. And when he loose to someone on the games he play he will do a SCP-096 and sprint to his opponent and shoot crappy memes from his guns. He also has a equaly degenerate fanbase tas assist him spamming memes.

His conseption is from the consept of spamming crappy memes on threads, forums and discord servers. And i used a robot to personify the consept.

a robot that literally doxes you,makes a comical sprint to your house,and shoots memes at you for losing at fortnite sounds like a perfect idea for some silly animated skit

Bored in school. Here is some doodles of Pip. Trying to lern how to draw her.

iu_1065076_14510086.png

iu_1065082_14510086.png

and another one of my other OCs cuz why not.

iu_1065083_14510086.png

Made this for the Miku birthday collab. You may question: "yes! the laptop issues are fixed" and you are sadly wrong. I wanted to make a full on artpeace bc its been a long time ago i drawn somthing digital. And it unpredictaly chrashed a lot. MS-paint on my laptop is probobly the problem, not my drawing tablet. It was stressful. It was rushed. I am going to redraw this one day. My new pc is not coming to my mail till at least two weeks so thats just fucking great, totaly not mad, no way. Here is the art.

iu_1065240_14510086.webp

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-04 17:53:17

Collab stuff

Coglab

iu_1068728_14510086.png

Spider collab

iu_1068727_14510086.png

Bored in school again. Chose to draw OCs belonging to people i follow.

Sad that the drawing is compressed as hell tho.

Kinda unshure i shoud ping everyone but eh, fuck it.

Widdle - @widdlecolors

Blok - @TheShokBlok

Crusty - @mawibblap

Damascus Blade - @Levi0nL1ne

Pointlessfield - @pointlessfield

Cereal man - @CoolDetective123

Pebbles the knight - @Atastic

Waha - @Skoops

Feli - @KDT

Shawes Nolaw - @CosmicPunked

Chelsea - @BroSkullEmoji

Pachka - @PachkaNG

Mushroom girl - @Yyusep

Kai Asahi - @BargonSpaceman

Sarah - @StevSteelEn

Tulip - @FunnyPlush

Snow Bomb - @SomeDoodles

iu_1069894_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-06 08:52:06

At 9/6/23 07:55 AM, Nebulate wrote: Bored in school again. Chose to draw OCs belonging to people i follow.

Widdle - @widdlecolors
Blok - @TheShokBlok
Crusty - @mawibblap
Waha - @Skoops
Feli - @KDT
Chelsea - @BroSkullEmoji
Pachka - @PachkaNG
Mushroom girl - @Yyusep
Sarah - @StevSteelEn
Tulip - @FunnyPlush
Snow Bomb - @SomeDoodles

ya'know,i had a rather crappy day today,but seeing this put a smile on my face

thanks

At 9/6/23 07:55 AM, Nebulate wrote: Bored in school again. Chose to draw OCs belonging to people i follow.

Widdle - @widdlecolors
Blok - @TheShokBlok
Crusty - @mawibblap
Waha - @Skoops
Feli - @KDT
Chelsea - @BroSkullEmoji
Pachka - @PachkaNG
Mushroom girl - @Yyusep
Sarah - @StevSteelEn
Tulip - @FunnyPlush
Snow Bomb - @SomeDoodles

Ayyyyyy this looks awesome, thank you dude! :33

I love the dopey eyes you gave me lol

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-06 14:11:34

Widdle - @widdlecolors
Blok - @TheShokBlok
Crusty - @mawibblap
Waha - @Skoops
Feli - @KDT
Chelsea - @BroSkullEmoji
Pachka - @PachkaNG
Mushroom girl - @Yyusep
Sarah - @StevSteelEn
Tulip - @FunnyPlush
Snow Bomb - @SomeDoodles

ayy congrats on 50 fans dude, thanks for drawing sarah. Focus on your education though, i know it boring

BBS Signature

Did an art trade with @FunnyPlush.

originaly i drew Beezle with green skin. This was a misinterpretation on my part with the ref i was provided. Beezle's skin is actualy gray. The morning after i made the drawing i corrected it to the right skin tone.

iu_1070892_14510086.png

Here is the old one btw.

iu_1070893_14510086.png

Also check out FunnyPlush's part of the art trade.

Also side note: ms-paint crashed like 30 times. This is not a joke. I was using a different laptop and drawing tablet thinking that those were the source of ms-paint's toolbar being unresponsive and craching but apperently not. Is this a issue others have when drawing with ms-paint recently? This is a genuine question.

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-08 17:30:11

Widdle - @widdlecolors
Blok - @TheShokBlok
Crusty - @mawibblap
Waha - @Skoops
Feli - @KDT
Chelsea - @BroSkullEmoji
Pachka - @PachkaNG
Mushroom girl - @Yyusep
Sarah - @StevSteelEn
Tulip - @FunnyPlush
Snow Bomb - @SomeDoodles

WIDDLE:)) it happy

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-10 09:27:48

Drew fanart of W4-H4.

iu_1073477_14510086.png

Go play Waha's Robot Daze its a extremaly good falling block game. The arcade mode was the best part of it by far.

Check it out here.

Ms-paint supprisingly crashed only once this time for some reason. Huh... Is the problem solving itself?

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-18 04:34:28

Did an art trade with @PachkaNG

iu_1079870_14510086.png

Also check out PachkaNG's part of the art trade.

I have replayed Mario and Luigi Dream Team. I am very nostalgic to that game. The game may have flaws indeed but i concider it one of my favourite 3DS games. And beacouse of that i drew every boss and some enemies from that game.

iu_1083578_14510086.webp

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-22 17:18:52

Happy Madness day! I pushed myself to make another drawing so i diddnt miss another NG holyday. So here is Hank pointing a gun at you.

iu_1083916_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-09-27 01:47:11

Finished OC-Plaza stuff 10. I did it. 100+ characters on the thread.

From top to bottom (and i dont feel like @ them)

Skoops

KDT

L1nkUu

Rachi-RodeHills

FunnyPlush

JimBagg

BroSkullEmoji

Frontlined-Backend

RepriseAgain

NitroOrient

iu_1087486_14510086.png

iu_1087487_14510086.png

iu_1087488_14510086.png

iu_1087489_14510086.png

iu_1087490_14510086.png

iu_1087491_14510086.png

iu_1087492_14510086.png

iu_1087493_14510086.png

iu_1087494_14510086.png

iu_1087495_14510086.png

Drew Bombeedier again.

Bombeedier (actual name Tulipe) is one of those OCs you have and dont hate but do not reely priotitizing developing. Her conseption is from whem i lerned of the words "bombardier" and "grenadier" from this video and i wanted to make a bomb expert insect oc. And beacouse of the french name orgin Bombeedier is canonicaly french. and the overall design just smothly came together.

Her lore is kinda hard to explain without explaining the social stucture of her race of hornets. But fuck it, im explaining her lore. theese hornets looks all the same with no difference unless if a lucky hornet woud go through metamorposys and gain a unique apperance (Bombeedier is one of those lucky few). The hive kinda despise when those that hassnt gone through metamorposys (refered as "the lesser ones") actualy try to differantiate themselfs. And those to have gone trough metamorposys reffered as "the greater ones") are looked up oppon and wiewed as practicaly perfection. But the greater ones are incredably elitist and wiew the lesser ones as expendeble and meatshields. The hive has a big focus on their millatary. One day Bombeedier saw her best friend and colleauge, Dague (im still developing him) being bullied by some other hornets bc he dared to try making a name for himself. Bombeedier defended Dague and all seamed good untill one day the bullies somehow falsely convicted Bombeedier and Dague for treason. So what did the two do? Escaped the country to where my other OCs live in. And being hunted down by two other greater ones. And since the two of them cant be in any millatary they must resort to be bounty hunters just to get by. Bombeedier is very passive but loves her explosives and have a extensive knowlage of them. She even know how to craft them so she dossnt go empty of explosives.

iu_1089972_14510086.webp

October is the month of the artist and like every other artist im going to do the classic October thingy. This is my third year and first year as a digital artist. Interested if i can finish this year and not break my perfect streak. i will make more simple drawings (probobly of vareing qualaty) with the promps i made on the spot.

Here are my prompts (yes, i whrote it on paper. I am incredebly profesional).

iu_1090098_14510086.png

Day 1: Clock.

Wanteed to draw a simple character for this month so i picked Straberryclock the king of the portal.

iu_1090089_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-10-02 13:58:34

Day 2: Robot

Drew my main in Dicey Dungeons, Robot. I love its roulete gimmic in the Dicey Dungeons where you alvays never know if you shoud do the roulete risking sabotashing your turn.

iu_1090986_14510086.png

Response to Nebulate's art thread with art stuff 2023-10-03 13:11:24

Day 3: Alcohol

This day was stressful bc it was hart picking a character. I did try to draw Bender from futurerama but i diddnt like how the drawing was going. So insted i drew my sona, Neb. This is the year i turned 18 and i can drink so why not. It makes sense. Honestly i was stressed this daw drawing for this prompt. At least i know who i am gonna draw tomorrow.

iu_1091517_14510086.png

also here is the Bender one. I dont like this drawing.

iu_1091518_14510086.png