00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ScarletSentinel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of January 2024!

19,113 Views | 40 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Our Flash Forward Jam is in progress, if you’d like to make a new game or interactive movie with Flash, or sponsor the event to increase the prizes!

We’ve also launched some Password Updates, let me know if you run into any bugs.

Your votes are in and the Best of January have been decided!

Top Five Movies ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

The top movie based on original material and winner of $300 total is NECRO-NANCY 64. Congrats @Macabre1031!

Top Five Games ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

The top game based on original material and winner of $300 total is Dungeon Deli. Congrats @EvanMMO!

@FuturecopLGF made a Best Games of January post, including a video where he plays every game and gives feedback!

Runner-Up Animation

6. Zach Leaks Smiling Friends Season 2

7. ABSTRACTED

8. YOU NEED TO BE NICE TO ME RIGHT NOW!

9. ????? ???????? ??????????????? (ENG SUB)

10. Azumanga Daioh Intro Reanimated

11. Reapin' in the Streets

12. Vinesauce Animated - Dracula's Throne of P

13. A Pizza With Nothin'

14. COME GET YOUR WILLIE!

15. An Average Day in Cult of the Lamb

16. GET IN YOUR CAR

17. Get That Cheddar

18. ROBOT EXPRESS

19. Sketch Collab 2023

20. Fantasy Factory

21. Victory Dance ???

22. Cats on the roof at 2 AM be like (Cats fight animation)

23. Evil Advisor

24. IF SONIC GAMES WERE ACTUALLY GOOD

25. Green ????

26. DK Country

27. Daily Ducks

28. 27th Birthday

29. ¡street fighter yaoi 2!

30. Zenibeasts: Kaiju Cutie

31. Hobo_Funnie_Show_3

32. red bullet

33. Vegeversary

34. Stranger Danger

35. Eggnog Fable

36. F*** THAT

37. Mouse Bloke III

38. Snowman (Goth and Ellie SHORT FILM)

39. EDY-EM: OVERLOAD

40. PRESSURE

Runner-Up Games

6. Cthulhu Merge

7. Gates of Hades

8. Lights Out (NGPD2024 Demo)

9. Darkwood

10. Lairun

11. Diner in the Storm

12. Marty Mouse's Missing Millions

13. Fit Cats

14. Golf Adventures! 2

15. Death To The Humans!

16. Goober Game

17. Y.O.F.F.

18. NG BBS Awards 2023

19. Funkee Worms

20. JOKE, PLEASE

21. BORE BLASTERS demo

22. Blood of Vladula jr.

23. Ice And Fire Tower Defence

24. Rack and Slay (Demo)

25. Shape Crash

26. Planet Invasion

27. Steel Surge: Revolution

28. ENERGY SEEKERS: IPD CONTRACTS

29. Mini Over Game

30. Dino Time

Voter of the Month

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @ixfd64!

Art and Music highlights below, along with other goodies!

iu_1158941_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 13:13:50 (edited 2024-02-07 13:21:23)

Top Featured Art of January!

Pixel Day was January 23rd and I’ll wait until the Winners post to highlight art from the event. In the meantime, enjoy the promo banner by @donpeppi and site skin by @ProsciuttoMan, with @MicroBihon and Roverkibb!

I’ll also highlight @MechanicalMantis’s NG Office Depths Collab, @Malti called it the “easiest 5 stars of my life.”

There was some brilliant pixel art that wasn’t shared on Pixel Day.

@hbystuff shared a wild encounter with a gorgeous pixel Rayquaza. "This is insanely good" applauds @Frosty.

@Vixit took us to the Wild's Edge. "I love the rustling effect of the wind," expresses @RoseBoiNoah.

@XavierGd cast a spell on us, inspiring @Twisted4000 to remark, "This one makes me think of a pixelized animated Hearthstone hero portrait, this is incredible, great work!!"

@omegachainoboy made probably the greatest Boomer Kuwanger art ever. "If there ever existed a Mega Man X fighting game made by Capcom around the 2000s, I could legit see this as something they would make due to how badass you made him look." imagines @Marc-Ant.

@AntonM used acrylics to illustrate something Very Strange Indeed. "you're becoming so goated in real time, watching your artsyle evolve feels so crazy and so satisfying," remarks @PhantomArcade.

@radiovomit implored everyone to watch Monkey Wrench with this mesmerizing piece. @Madmazel adds, "the show is incredible, some of the highest quality animation I've seen in an indie project."

@botico joined in late January and instantly became a dominant force in the Art Portal. Regarding DOOM DUDE, @biodigital observed, “The rendering on this is really nice! You clearly have great control of your brushes. I love the way the visor looks in particular.”

Classic Mickey Mouse entered the public domain in January and artists had some fun with that. Surprisingly, there’s a lot less violence than you probably expected. Here's a Cuphead mashup by @YinyangGio! “Thx to public domain, this can happen,” hopes @HapiToons.

@Stradomyre shared a late New Years celebration piece to kick off 2024.

@Xinus22 put low-poly Miku in Mega Man Legends. "The perspective and PS1 filter are amazing," exclaims @Kotico.

@DreamsBellArt created a Mega Man Legends tribute that's so impressive, @CsoiretgeFsM "Thought it was official art."

@MD00dles illustrated a series of free Digital Circus icons. "I LOVE the vibrant hues n' stuff, and the halftoning is the cherry on top!" gushes @NinAcTi0N.

@Cheng-weizhi shared a complex pen piece about a Female worker. @yougotthewrongguy pronounces, "This is breathtaking! I love how you've given it a slightly off-kilter angle, while still being so consistent with the perspective."

@Granfaloon assembled the whole Street Fighter 2 Turbo gang in one astounding collage. @Wegra observed, "this was from the same guy behind The Real Legend series??? I thought that named look familiar I wouldnt have even guessed this was your art style its been so long"

@SkeleMun painted an elegant portrait of Happy Hattington from BattleBlock Theater. @RealRazorkiller compliments, "Looks so damn posh."

@ChipChapp drew some gangsta Tails art. @ToasterDude838 comments, "He is tired of being the side character."

@MindChamber revisited the world of Pico's Unloaded and included a nod to a lost P-Bot film. "I love your art, you are my inspiration to improve!" complements @MaxiGAlexan.

@jumpbreak96 made art that "GOES HARD AF" according to @TOONZ777.

Fans of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn will appreciate this fan art by @BridgeofFaust. "I was convinced no one else knew about this game." remarks @Zonified.

Surf’s up with @pikozumo's banana split themed oc. "I adore the colors in this so much, it’s so vibrant!" gushes @CheddarExuberant.

Fans of giant lizards will enjoy @Crisppyboat’s terrifying piece. "You could even go and make an animated series with this kind of content," observes @XwaynecoltX.

@Zals shows off the Toyota Scion xB with this stylish piece. @RebelRuby comments, "the colors you chose work really well together, and the whole style and design you put into this is great."

Tank enthusiasts will enjoy this Renault FT art by @hirotonfa. "World War 1 / World War 2 art. Girls in cool uniforms. Great style. Checks all my boxes." says @Xenomorphian.

Mandatory @BoogWerks mechs! To quote @NikoN1nja, "I'm a simple boi, I see cool looking mechas - I vote 5."

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 13:14:07 (edited 2024-02-09 08:18:25)

Top Featured Audio of January!

@Tangermusic teamed up with Frizk of ALL MY FELLAS fame to craft tiny windows. "Really digging these funky vibes, both of your styles work nicely together here" comments @MrKoolTrix.

@ChristopheMartineau released a series of catchy songs, starting with Say Anything. @Spa2k commented, "Sounds super chill, love the vibe it has. The voice is super well mixed with the lush pads behind."

@WAILER made a song inspired by the Mii editor. "I love nintendo, and I love this song" proclaimed @ilovecats324.

@SupaBubba teamed up with @tom-atom and @wwhhooami to make bopping digital fusion jam. "what a wonderful blend of sound" observes @ohmygoditshere.

@tom-atom also joined NG in January and shared lots of great songs! @wineplume said of High Altitude Stratosphere Flight, "absolute banger, vibing to this in troposphere." 

@wwhhooami also shared a solo song, the Wii-inspired GIF Sharing Community. "Pure happyness" remarked @JustikShow.

@ggsevv raps, "I shoulda had a job at Nintendo" in As Usual. I'm noticing a running Nintendo theme with the featured music this month! "Great voice that I want to hear more of." comments @Anjovi.

@octopus58 composed a video-gamey Eurodance song for Ice and Fire Tower Defence. "I loved the chord progression and the instruments" says @FoxGames01

@xanxoepico organized the Break It Up Collab, with a great lineup of artists! "peak content," proclaims @NitroOrient.

@Arevin made some cool video game music with Rift Solitude. "Love all the riffs and cheerful atmosphere!" remarks @underscore8298.

@SamaadBae5 made a really smooth song to groove out to. "Tyler the Creator would go crazy on this beat" imagines @itchbit

@calebcarnell and @maxxjamez teamed up on the magnificent Pilgrim Gang. "what a good day to love music," rejoices @RUNNER-BOY.

@milkypossum almost scrapped Oscillator but then turned it into something funky. "Legendary switch up. Always great to have your signature sound," comments @KeithGarces.

@im-leia made a really playful song while live on stream. "im in boogy town and i cant find a way out. might awsell keep jammin. kazoo was on point." says @Father-of-Death.

Pixel Day treated us to lots of great chiptunes that I’ll be covering in the upcoming Winners post.

More favorites are in my January Mix!

Closing Thoughts

And we’re off! Already one month into 2024 and we have a bunch of cool stuff that didn’t exist in 2023, Pixel Day and Jamuary being big highlights. Other highlights included the Anime Los Angeles Meetup, the live Slam Poetry Night, the Sketch Collab, Art Gallery Collab, Office Depths Collab, Break It Up Collab and The F Collab. Thank you everyone who helped kick off the new year on NG! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, we’re spending the first few months of 2024 focused on non-glamorous features like logins, passwords, bug fixes, quality of life improvements and code cleanup. I hope you bear with us during these more subtle improvements before we embark on bigger projects. It makes me especially grateful to see so many people organizing collabs that will help keep things interesting while the site itself hammers away on features.

Other News

The Music Triathlon is currently in Voting Phase 1!

February 10th is the Pokemon Mystery Lovers Collab deadline.

February 12th is the Valentine’s Day Art Collab deadline.

February 15th is the NG Mall Music Collab deadline.

February 23rd is the Summertime in Wintertime Art Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

February 29th is the Pokemon Mystery Meat Collab deadline.

March 1st is the Adult Swim Collab deadline.

March 8th is the Bug Collab deadline.

March 10th is the Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab deadline.

March 20th is the Storytime Collab deadline.

March 23rd is the Sandwich Collab deadline.

April 3rd is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

April 21st is the Flash Forward deadline.

May 18th will be Pico Day, a celebration of all things Newgrounds.

June will be the Midsummer Rumble month-long art event!

July 20th is the Five Nights at Freddy's Collab deadline.

June 28th is the Too Many Games Meetup in Oaks, PA.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 13:56:00 (edited 2024-02-07 14:20:25)

Every single person who is willing to interact, and be engaged by art deserves respect. If you are willing to look at art, listen to music, watch a movie, play a game, you have all of my respect. For this is who we are – people who love art. And if we love art, we love life. Loving life is a gift.

All of you willing to accept the gift of appreciating art is a person who deserves respect. I can assure you have my respect.

WOW WOW THE LOVE DISPLAYED HERE IS INSPIRATIONAL! Thank you so much!

WE ALL DID IT AS A TEAM! THROUGH THE POWER OF FUN. THANK YOU!

@SnowyCity @M-kirbs @Korosivv @whimsical-wife @Z0mbified @BastardFromBrooklyn @infrawash @OviManic @MetalSlayer69 @Thetageist @LoaExMachina @Sanpellgrino @Desmondic @Chuw-Croissantier @OiPriPri @ICantSeeHelp @Guidodinho @Rockgaming @RepriseAgain Anonymous @Tomafokio @NoobClock666 @Winterina @coystags @TapathyWR @klydewitakay @53xy83457

Art Gallery Collab Team - $100 to Flash Forward 2024!

iu_1158981_10495428.png

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 13:56:06

At 2/7/24 01:13 PM, TomFulp wrote: Our Flash Forward Jam is in progress, if you’d like to make a new game or interactive movie with Flash, or sponsor the event to increase the prizes!

We’ve also launched some Password Updates, let me know if you run into any bugs.

Your votes are in and the Best of January have been decided!

Top Five Movies ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915490
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915478
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/913523
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/913767
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/912388

The top movie based on original material and winner of $300 total is NECRO-NANCY 64. Congrats @Macabre1031!

Top Five Games ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/912476
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915264
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915193
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915254
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/915203

The top game based on original material and winner of $300 total is Dungeon Deli. Congrats @EvanMMO!

@FuturecopLGF made a Best Games of January post, including a video where he plays every game and gives feedback!

Runner-Up Animation

6. Zach Leaks Smiling Friends Season 2
7. ABSTRACTED
8. YOU NEED TO BE NICE TO ME RIGHT NOW!
9. ????? ???????? ??????????????? (ENG SUB)
10. Azumanga Daioh Intro Reanimated
11. Reapin' in the Streets
12. Vinesauce Animated - Dracula's Throne of P
13. A Pizza With Nothin'
14. COME GET YOUR WILLIE!
15. An Average Day in Cult of the Lamb
16. GET IN YOUR CAR
17. Get That Cheddar
18. ROBOT EXPRESS
19. Sketch Collab 2023
20. Fantasy Factory
21. Victory Dance ???
22. Cats on the roof at 2 AM be like (Cats fight animation)
23. Evil Advisor
24. IF SONIC GAMES WERE ACTUALLY GOOD
25. Green ????
26. DK Country
27. Daily Ducks
28. 27th Birthday
29. ¡street fighter yaoi 2!
30. Zenibeasts: Kaiju Cutie
31. Hobo_Funnie_Show_3
32. red bullet
33. Vegeversary
34. Stranger Danger
35. Eggnog Fable
36. F*** THAT
37. Mouse Bloke III
38. Snowman (Goth and Ellie SHORT FILM)
39. EDY-EM: OVERLOAD
40. PRESSURE

Runner-Up Games

6. Cthulhu Merge
7. Gates of Hades
8. Lights Out (NGPD2024 Demo)
9. Darkwood
10. Lairun
11. Diner in the Storm
12. Marty Mouse's Missing Millions
13. Fit Cats
14. Golf Adventures! 2
15. Death To The Humans!
16. Goober Game
17. Y.O.F.F.
18. NG BBS Awards 2023
19. Funkee Worms
20. JOKE, PLEASE
21. BORE BLASTERS demo
22. Blood of Vladula jr.
23. Ice And Fire Tower Defence
24. Rack and Slay (Demo)
25. Shape Crash
26. Planet Invasion
27. Steel Surge: Revolution
28. ENERGY SEEKERS: IPD CONTRACTS
29. Mini Over Game
30. Dino Time

Voter of the Month

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @ixfd64!

Art and Music highlights below, along with other goodies!

Good Job to all the winners! Sadly got last! The good thing is we can only go up from here!

Check my game! https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/874379

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:00:05

At 2/7/24 01:56 PM, ChimeraDev wrote: Good Job to all the winners! Sadly got last! The good thing is we can only go up from here!

There are lots of entries that get cropped off, so consider yourself top 40 instead!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:00:50 (edited 2024-02-07 14:04:36)

Congrats to the winners of the month. I am very proud of Newgrounds and its site, it's a good choice, to be honest.

Btw you forgot to put my own planned Sandwich collab on the Calendar list on Post.

iu_1158965_17195613.png

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:05:09 (edited 2024-02-07 14:05:46)

Thank you so much Tom! It really means the world and I'm so thankful for everything<33

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:07:24

At 2/7/24 02:00 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Congrats to the winners of the month. I am very proud of Newgrounds and its site, it's a good choice, to be honest.

Btw you forgot to put my own planned Sandwich collab on the Calendar list on Post.

Added!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:13:44

At 2/7/24 02:00 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/7/24 01:56 PM, ChimeraDev wrote: Good Job to all the winners! Sadly got last! The good thing is we can only go up from here!
There are lots of entries that get cropped off, so consider yourself top 40 instead!

That's a good way to see it! Thanks Tom!

Check my game! https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/874379

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:14:23 (edited 2024-02-07 14:16:26)

Congrats to the winners! Y'all cooked this month!

Also, I hate to be a bug, but you forgot to put another collab on here. ><

[My HTF Gijinka Collab ><]

iu_1158980_8379999.png

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:17:00

At 2/7/24 02:14 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote: Congrats to the winners! Y'all cooked this month!

Also, I hate to be a bug, but you forgot to put another collab on here. ><
[My HTF Gijinka Collab ><]

Added!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:17:14 (edited 2024-02-07 14:20:47)

Ohoho~ looks like my reviews are getting recognition now from @Tomfulp himself

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:17:42

ty dawg-ski!

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:20:00

At 2/7/24 01:56 PM, Aalasteir wrote:

We all did it as a team! Through the power of fun. Thank you!

I will always be happy to help with art collaborations! All well done! Congratulations to everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 14:36:42

At 2/7/24 02:20 PM, Tomafokio wrote:
At 2/7/24 01:56 PM, Aalasteir wrote:

We all did it as a team! Through the power of fun. Thank you!
I will always be happy to help with art collaborations! All well done! Congratulations to everyone!

Thank you Toma! Yes, you are absolutely right! Art collaborations are amazing!

Congratulations to everyone!

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:08:55

At 2/7/24 01:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Top Featured Audio of January!

@incrediblepolo continued sharing from a seemingly endless well of wonderful songs. I learned something new from @Breadward-MacGluten's review: "For those who don't know: Incredible Polo is the man behind the music of Incredibox, a popular music app which recently celebrated its 10th anniversary."

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1278735

@Tangermusic teamed up with Frizk of ALL MY FELLAS fame to craft tiny windows. "Really digging these funky vibes, both of your styles work nicely together here" comments @MrKoolTrix.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1288183

@ChristopheMartineau released a series of catchy songs, starting with Say Anything. @Spa2k commented, "Sounds super chill, love the vibe it has. The voice is super well mixed with the lush pads behind."

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1280549

@WAILER made a song inspired by the Mii editor. "I love nintendo, and I love this song" proclaimed @ilovecats324.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1281466

@SupaBubba teamed up with @tom-atom and @wwhhooami to make bopping digital fusion jam. "what a wonderful blend of sound" observes @ohmygoditshere.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284159

@tom-atom also joined NG in January and shared lots of great songs! @wineplume said of High Altitude Stratosphere Flight, "absolute banger, vibing to this in troposphere." 

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284249

@wwhhooami also shared a solo song, the Wii-inspired GIF Sharing Community. "Pure happyness" remarked @JustikShow.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284324

@ggsevv raps, "I shoulda had a job at Nintendo" in As Usual. I'm noticing a running Nintendo theme with the featured music this month! "Great voice that I want to hear more of." comments @Anjovi.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1279591

@octopus58 composed a video-gamey Eurodance song for Ice and Fire Tower Defence. "I loved the chord progression and the instruments" says @FoxGames01. 

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1279782

@xanxoepico organized the Break It Up Collab, with a great lineup of artists! "peak content," proclaims @NitroOrient.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1285591

@Arevin made some cool video game music with Rift Solitude. "Love all the riffs and cheerful atmosphere!" remarks @underscore8298.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1286081

@SamaadBae5 made a really smooth song to groove out to. "Tyler the Creator would go crazy on this beat" imagines @itchbit. 

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1282075

@calebcarnell and @maxxjamez teamed up on the magnificent Pilgrim Gang. "what a good day to love music," rejoices @RUNNER-BOY.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1285088

@milkypossum almost scrapped Oscillator but then turned it into something funky. "Legendary switch up. Always great to have your signature sound," comments @KeithGarces.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1287120

@im-leia made a really playful song while live on stream. "im in boogy town and i cant find a way out. might awsell keep jammin. kazoo was on point." says @Father-of-Death.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1278041

Pixel Day treated us to lots of great chiptunes that I’ll be covering in the upcoming Winners post.

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlist/336325/january-2024-mix

Closing Thoughts

And we’re off! Already one month into 2024 and we have a bunch of cool stuff that didn’t exist in 2023, Pixel Day and Jamuary being big highlights. Other highlights included the Anime Los Angeles Meetup, the live Slam Poetry Night, the Sketch Collab, Art Gallery Collab, Office Depths Collab, Break It Up Collab and The F Collab. Thank you everyone who helped kick off the new year on NG! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, we’re spending the first few months of 2024 focused on non-glamorous features like logins, passwords, bug fixes, quality of life improvements and code cleanup. I hope you bear with us during these more subtle improvements before we embark on bigger projects. It makes me especially grateful to see so many people organizing collabs that will help keep things interesting while the site itself hammers away on features.

Other News

damn, I was mentioned LOL

hearts 4 leafyishere follow meh on titter my xtiwter thingy

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:09:37

Amazing! Loved seeing all the cool stuff last month. Newgrounds is poppin'

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:09:58

Movies were good this January. There were also some good gems to see in the Sketch Collab this year, wish it ranked higher-- but what can you do? :)

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:16:21 (edited 2024-02-07 15:17:04)

...man. this made my entire week. thank you so much Tom, extremely grateful

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:22:11

Thank you so much for putting my song on here! It means a lot :D

In general I heard a lot of great music this January in the audio portal :)

As for the January games, I think Dino Time is one of my favorite Newgrounds games now ever

I am a multimedia developer who makes music, programs, games, art, and more. Currently working on my operating system simulator ME-OS!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:28:59

pilgrim gang until the deaf of us thank u

@incrediblepolo continued sharing from a seemingly endless well of wonderful songs. I learned something new from @Breadward-MacGluten's review: "For those who don't know: Incredible Polo is the man behind the music of Incredibox, a popular music app which recently celebrated its 10th anniversary."

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1278735

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1288183

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1280549

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1281466

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284159

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284249

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1284324

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1279591

@octopus58 composed a video-gamey Eurodance song for Ice and Fire Tower Defence. "I loved the chord progression and the instruments" says @FoxGames01. 

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1279782

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1285591

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1286081

@SamaadBae5 made a really smooth song to groove out to. "Tyler the Creator would go crazy on this beat" imagines @itchbit. 

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1282075

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1285088

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1287120

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1278041

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlist/336325/january-2024-mix

Closing Thoughts

Other News

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:56:02

LETS GO @DiscoGuyOYeah!!!! CONGRATS ON 5TH MOVIE

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 15:59:35

im gonna cry its my first time being here :')

signature thing

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 16:13:30

Congratulations to all of the game devs for another round of great games this month! Certainly starting the new year off strong with Pixel Day, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming Flash Forward Jam!

As much as I try to represent the common layman in my reviews, it's always amusing when I'm so far off the mark: seeing Dungeon Deli from @EvanMMO take first place was quite the surprise, and I bet gave their team the sweet taste of revenge considering how rough I was on it! Sigh, it ain't the first time I thought a game was a bit rough yet people loved it: I'll forever be sorry for underestimating Friday Night Funkin and Dead Estate! Well, at least Kiwiman XTREME from @Jack got in the top listing as I thought, so there's something!

If you're interested in seeing my top picks (and how wrong they can be), they're in my news post as usual!

Oh, and consider checking out these demos from @Ludokultur and @Asvegren, they're featured in the Steam NextFest event and could use some feedback to help them build for final release!

Oh, and don't feel bad @ChimeraDev as I still love this one from you! It's a winner in my book!

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 16:34:18

I thought the Sketch Collab and the Steamboat Willie parody would be higher, but congrats to the winners!

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 19:12:44

I Like How The Password System Got Updated Yesterday Tom Fulp!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 19:28:00

Well congrats everybody! Specially @DiscoGuyOYeah for making such an awesome TF2 parody. you really deserved it buddy.

sup

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 20:26:16 (edited 2024-02-07 20:27:56)

At 2/7/24 01:13 PM, TomFulp wrote: Top Featured Art of January!

Pixel Day was January 23rd and I’ll wait until the Winners post to highlight art from the event. In the meantime, enjoy the promo banner by @donpeppi and site skin by @ProsciuttoMan, with @MicroBihon and Roverkibb!

Thank you, all these works are incredible! :D

Response to Best of January 2024! 2024-02-07 22:58:05

This is a great way to end my night. Right after finishing Pulp Fiction, one of the best movies ever, I check Newgrounds and see Tom Fulp mentioning me in a news post?! This is lit! I gotta tell my dad! Oh, and that piece is still the easiest five stars of my life. Right before Pulp Fiction lol.

Your an amphibious one, aren’t you?