00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I hate people who start their sentences with "I like to think..."

1,286 Views | 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"I like to think this. I like to think that. I like to think shits going down. I like to think this person did this or that. I like to think...".

Of course you "like to think". If you didn't "like to think" then you wouldn't be alive. And for those of you saying "What about those who don't like to think?"

Well that obviously means they like to think about the fact they don't like to think about the thinking thoughts that thoughtfully popped up whilst they thought of thinking that caused them to think about the thought that likely made them thankful for the fact they used their brain to think of the thought that they like to think.

The person interacting with this forum post right now probably THINKS it's a stupid topic. Well I disagree. E. Hell Sword thinks it's tiresome to see people say how they like to THINK about the fact they like to think and wants to post about thinking in some "meta" perspective or whatever thought that they turnt up on. You thought it was a good idea to indulge the things I am thinking about. Why are they thinking about things thought of before?

And they WOULD think about the thought of thinking thoughtfully through that thinking thought that the thorough thinking technique tips the trotted treaded thin thought that took the temerity to think that thought...

Thoughts?

I like to think that you were bored when you wrote this.

I like to think that last part was supposed to be written that way and that I'm not having a stroke.

At 3/6/24 09:25 AM, RepriseAgain wrote: I like to think that you were bored when you wrote this.

Well I was...so yeah.

i like to think.

schnoz

schnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnoz

BBS Signature

At 3/6/24 05:31 AM, EpikHellSword wrote: "I like to think this. I like to think that. I like to think shits going down. I like to think this person did this or that. I like to think...".

Of course you "like to think". If you didn't "like to think" then you wouldn't be alive. And for those of you saying "What about those who don't like to think?"

Well that obviously means they like to think about the fact they don't like to think about the thinking thoughts that thoughtfully popped up whilst they thought of thinking that caused them to think about the thought that likely made them thankful for the fact they used their brain to think of the thought that they like to think.

The person interacting with this forum post right now probably THINKS it's a stupid topic. Well I disagree. E. Hell Sword thinks it's tiresome to see people say how they like to THINK about the fact they like to think and wants to post about thinking in some "meta" perspective or whatever thought that they turnt up on. You thought it was a good idea to indulge the things I am thinking about. Why are they thinking about things thought of before?

And they WOULD think about the thought of thinking thoughtfully through that thinking thought that the thorough thinking technique tips the trotted treaded thin thought that took the temerity to think that thought...

Thoughts?

I get what you’re saying cause it gets repetitive at times this thread still funny af though

I like to think that the absolute Dr Seuss tongue twister you wrote at the end there makes sense, but I can’t be bothered to figure out if it actually does or not.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

At 3/7/24 06:04 PM, MondoBilby wrote: I like to think that the absolute Dr Seuss tongue twister you wrote at the end there makes sense, but I can’t be bothered to figure out if it actually does or not.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

At 3/7/24 06:04 PM, MondoBilby wrote: I like to think that the absolute Dr Seuss tongue twister you wrote at the end there makes sense, but I can’t be bothered to figure out if it actually does or not.

iu_1172405_5430469.webp

It makes people look dumb when they say "I like to think" because they are already thinking. Why should you tell people you like to do something a fair amount of living things do all the time? If you aren't thinking you're probably not alive. I say probably because I can't speak for things like fungi, plants, protists, the atomosphere (if it's considered "alive" idk). But don't tell people you like to do what every human does at some capacity.

We all know humans think. They're animals. Even if those thoughts are considered "dumb" by others humans. All people do when they say that is state the obvious. "I like to think...". What a waste of breath. They should have used "Probably", "Perhaps", "Maybe". But not "I like to think". And yes I know it's a weird pet peeve and people will call me "grammar nazi". However if they "like to think" so much. Perhaps they should stop "liking to think" and just think like they are supposed to do.

And yeah I know what y'all finna say to me:

iu_1172406_5430469.jpg

I like to think that your opinion is right, I like to think i hate it to.

At 3/6/24 05:31 AM, EpikHellSword wrote: "I like to think this. I like to think that. I like to think shits going down. I like to think this person did this or that. I like to think...".

Thoughts?

i like to think about marios dancing in air when the

BBS Signature

Thoughts?

I like to think this could be turned into a copypasta. How about that, Reddit?

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Do you like people who say they entertained a thought?

I like to think

iu_1172549_17195613.png

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

I hate to think.

I...

don't know what to say

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

I think we're alike. I also hate when people talk in certain formats, it sets off my short fuse, I assume same for you. Although I can't say if it's abnormal or not.

I like to think "I like to think" is a verbal flag we use to clarify that the statement is an opinion or belief we find preferable.

I like to think using language like this is a lot better than speaking matter-of-fact-ly.

I like to think we're above nitpicking harmless speech patterns 🤭

BBS Signature

I like to think you hate thinking

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

iu_1172828_17413218.gif

I like to think

sup

Hehe I do this a lot. It's just hard to come up with an opener for a sentence, i guess.

What really irks me personally is when there are people who say "As someone who does/is an X, I think that Y". I know that in some instances experience can be accredited to opinion, but it's still so annoying to me. Its like they're stating that their opinion is somehow more important, and it irritates me.

At 3/8/24 05:22 PM, boredagainsrsly wrote: I think we're alike. I also hate when people talk in certain formats, it sets off my short fuse, I assume same for you. Although I can't say if it's abnormal or not.

t sets off my short fuse, I assume same for you.

Well yeah it's irritating. But I'm not going to necessarily be enraged by it. More accurately I just get annoyed by the phrase. Especially with people who headcanon which is where I see it often. <This could be the actual reason tbh.

I mean, it's definitely my nerd mind taking over but I'd rather they just say "Probably" or "Maybe" instead. "I like to think" is just so...idk. It feels like you wasted some of my time even if it is minuscule.

"I like to think" is a verbal flag we use to clarify that the statement is an opinion or belief we find preferable.

^ Now that you mention it. A reason I hate it is because it's so obvious what they are trying to say but they are not concise with it.

I like to think using language like this is a lot better than speaking matter-of-fact-ly.

^ Elaborate for me.

I like to think we're above nitpicking harmless speech patterns

^ Language is constantly evolving. I'd hope that people are smart enough to not go to war just because of religion but they do anyways. Guess we'll both be constantly disappointed.

As a wise man once said "It's ridiculous. It's repetitive. And it gets on my nerves."

its an offhand way of saying youre of a certain opinion. what is there to really hate

i love thinking!

im so sweaty

BBS Signature

At 3/8/24 10:35 PM, chiliomb wrote: i love thinking!

I'd like to refer you to the first sentence of my second paragraph in my OP:

Of course you "like to think". If you didn't "like to think" then you wouldn't be alive.

I like to think... oops

:0

BBS Signature

i would love to think, but im retarded.

XDeeZeroZero4Two-thousand six.

I like to think that I would say in the contrary.

Best regards

BBS Signature

Thoughts?

I like to think that you do not like to think.

Vestik