00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of February 2024!

6,601 Views | 44 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Your votes are in and the Best of February have been decided!

Top Five Movies ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

The top movie based on original material and winner of $300 total is SPEEDMAN. Congrats @Bowz!

Top Five Games ($100 each + $200 for best Original)

The top game based on original material and winner of $300 total is Pinball Breaker DELUXE. Congrats @CubePunks!

@FuturecopLGF made a Best Games of February post, including a video where he plays every game and gives feedback!

Runner-Up Animation

6. Graffiti Getaway

7. ARTIST!

8. Hobo_Funnie_Ad_Comp

9. Monkey Wrench - Outtakes

10. azumanga cool

11. I got SCAMMED again!

12. “A Joke About Spider-Sense Or Something”. (Marvel Vs Capcom) PT.1

13. SHOW ME YOUR SKETCHBOOK, BRO!

14. Cafe Rush - TFPS

15. Animation is Hard.

16. Pokemon Battle in Torres del Paine

17. THIS IS SPARTA (Full)

18. Target 🎯

19. Resident Evil Toot

20. Metal Pipe RPG

21. SONIC GETS TROLLED...

22. Medieval Meds

23. An Unexpected Encounter-Newgrounds anime shorts-[VHS]-{sub}

24. Wizard beer for the Gamecube

25. Be My Rusty Soul-Newgrounds anime shorts-[VHS]-{sub}

26. Ace Soda | FULL Indie Animated series

27. HEADACHE: Rock Paper Scissors

28. Hockey Night in Canada

29. Mr.Mouse "FREE MOUSE"

30. DJINN'S LAST WISH

31. Hobo_Funnie_Show_4

32. Mean Girls Animated Collab | Meet the Plastics

33. My Journey Begins! 🚐💨

34. Dad n' Me Bloody Mess-Newgrounds anime shorts-[VHS]-{sub}

35. Taylor Swift gets a coffee

36. POKÉMON BITS: "Gengar's Pie Prank"

37. The New Head of Marketing

38. Punk Ass Pirate Donkey

39. Age of Gar - out of the blank

40. ECCO THE DOLPHIN FOR THE DREAMCAST

Runner-Up Games

6. PRAXIS FIGHTER X

7. Burning Down (DEMO)

8. GOMBI-ACTION: BOOZE TIME

9. Wildsong

10. Valentine's Day Art Collab '24

11. Coach Fight!

12. Candle in the Woods

13. Jeri Tower!

14. Hide & Skink

15. Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' & Shootin' Demo

16. Corn Collab

17. Le Chat Fonce and the Secret of the Clock Tower

18. Shirogami's Maze Pocket

19. Ghost in the Graveyard

20. Time Warp Infinite

21. Hive Jump Survivors

22. Leap of Life: Alone

23. PLOMO

24. Blinded Sieve

25. Vatis

26. Palm Cracker

27. Uh Oh Bartender

28. The Summertime in Wintertime Collab

29. Your turn to Disembark

30. N Step Steve: Part 1

Voter of the Month

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @ZVCH!

Featured art, audio and more directly below this post!

iu_1172238_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:51:28

Top Featured Art of February!

@DeimosArt captured the madness of The Shining in this piece. "impeccable brush work and colors," praises @ericoliZZ.

@Daydreamer94 envisioned a breathtaking, animated Angel island from Sonic. "Super impressed by the sheer amount going on here! The bosses! The badniks! All the little level gimmicks! You got the Competition Mode zones too! Insanity!" exclaims @itsmidmad.

@violxiv dropped the poly count of Ratatouille but kept all the charm. "very specific but the onion slices look so tasty," observes @mershark.

@Snackers illustrated a poster for the Dublin, Ireland meetup! @EmolgaGamer-DZ remarks, "I love the style, looks like an official Newgrounds comic."

@Dreaminerryday joined the fight for everlasting peace with this Mega Man fanart. "The proportions and facial expression of Megaman in this are like perfect" comments @Jitsauce

@PKettles shared the winter site theme she made for NG! "you dont know how absolutely ecstatic i was to see castle cat on the background," expresses @eggtar.

@moawling pixeled an ornate hermit crab. "I love them," gushes @gatekid3.

@BackupMissingNo made a massive Gogo's Crazy Bones collage. "Every design and reinterpretation of your Gogos fan arts is so good!" exclaims @Kotico.

@SCREWBU portrayed a powerful looking OC. "Your shapes are well-defined and very readable. You have done a great job of showing confidence in your composition." comments @DeadSM.

@Nakamanga made CPS3-themed JoJo pixel art based on an earlier piece by @Sigilyph. "So cool to see characters from the other parts of Jojo in the style of this game!!" remarks @Lizguy74.

@Certly rendered a groovy Flying Machine. "Cool," sums up @SolidSnakeOnAPlane.

@SkeleMun, @MP32, @VoidDdraig, @chromxtic, @StupidPumpkin and @Avovet created adorable Pink Knight fan art for Valentine's Day.

@Ikualdena imagined the Hues of Healing. "Holy moly, the bathtub effect is insane!! I was trying to get a similar effect with some smudging brushes some time ago, but had a hard time with it," comments @NinAcTi0N.

@7gobu crafted some ominous occult art. "This is f'ing spectacular, absolutely magnificent! Line art, metallic shading, CHEFS KISS" exclaims @MooshySqooshy.

@CAZZSSTAR kept the Tarboy appreciation going with some fanart. "This looks like a comic book cover," compliments @ToasterDude838.

@UnsolvedCases shared Buckshot Roulette fanart. "I love your take on the dealer. Looks like a shady guy but still respectable in that he plays by his own rules fair and square," observes @AnyRandom-AR.

@PercodineArt drew some Smiling Friends. "Dude your art is sick," says @Madmazel.

@omegachainoboy created cool animated Metroid and Pokemon pixel art. "Oh baby!" shouts @WatersCreate.

@AntonM treated us to some Orla's Ear Worm breadcrumbs. "Absolutely incredible work," remarks @NeonnDreamer.

@MindChamber reinvisioned his classic logo. "wish i can have this tattooed," expresses @PorterNG.

@HushPuppE shared more of the Ned the Knight universe, with Bellum, King of Chaos. "possibly the coolest thing ever," observes @ericoliZZ.

@cyangorilla created book covers for Eldritch Bestie. @XxMr-UnknownxX declares, "This is serving god tier art."

@iefCuadricula imagined a Spiderverse style Sonic. "love this edgehog," comments @PhantomArcade.

@TheShammah doodled a bunch of fun NG characters. "MaoMao being a NG character? Sure, why not?" says Notakin. Watch the original Mao Mao on NG!

@BastionWH embraced the gangsta side of Bikini Bottom. "Even the bootleggers will take this design in confidence!" notes @OviManic.

@ShenaniSketches envisioned bedtime at the Gigan house. "this has to be one of my new favorite drawings ever," expresses @Figburn.

A wounded dragon protects its egg in Bloodline by @PixelHao. @STearleArt warns, "They've unleashed a terrible vengeance upon the world!"

ENA Day was February 23rd but we got some great ENA work all month long thanks to @SketchMeNot, @SH0TT, @Hotlegs101art, @Shukilnashuki and @avocadohater, among many others!

@Luis animated a blast off gif before heading out of town. "So that's how you can travel all over the place so frequently," observes @Sabtastic.

@inksaji illustrated an NG Dreamcast Collab Magazine cover. "This is such a clever idea, I love it so much!!" rejoices @Hatzapalooza.

@nachrubel joined NG last month and shared lots of great concept art! "One of my biggest goals is to paint as clear as you have here. Your texture replication reads super well." comments @DeadSM.

@Maguito invaded NG! "Awesome rendering and style, this would go HARD as a poster." remarks @EmolgaGamer-DZ.

@maruki celebrated Valentine's Day with an assortment of chocolate treats. "Nothing says Valentine's Day like some tasty chocolate treats." notes @ReallyRosa.

@BoogWerks astounded with this Warhammer 30k art. "This looks like official art work," praises @Gribbus07.

@PkBlitz illustrated Evil Ryu! "Man this is so damn good you can actually feel the murderous rage surging within him," comments @K078.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:51:42 (edited 2024-03-07 12:56:41)

@EllisBros and @Crisppyboat celebrated the release of Penny's Big Breakaway with some fanart.

Top Featured Audio of February!

@TeffyD organized the vibey NG Mall Music Collab! "If sears played this over their loudspeakers they wouldn't have failed," observes @glotch.

Here are two individual highlights by @POSTEVLIS and @trazzz123.

@slnoah made a song worthy of the most epic RPG battle. "this is actually incredible holy" says @viridianify.

@jayeskar partnered with ILSE on the club-ready Afterglow. @Bituvo exclaims, "the bass is BUSTING into my ears!"

@Bosa shared an instrumental of As My Heart Beats. @MissFluentOfficial notes, "I felt the emotions..."

@Shulkern made a chill track with Permafrost. "The audio also sounds a bit nostalgic to me—it's a feeling that I am unable to explain," comments @KeatonGamer1248.

@Seyrnox got Lost in Time with Junior Paes. "bro's making culinary art," proclaims @Casper.

@TeraVex shared a castle theme from Bird Tapper's Retro Challenge. "I need this injected into my veins," demands @Deemo-R.

I might not understand @Breakthebans' Russian lyrics but this song is catchy in any language. "неожиданно приятно услышать такое в ньюграундс" (unexpectedly nice to hear this in newgrounds) says @H20Silnava.

@FoxiFyer wrote a power metal song about Stolas from Helluva Boss.

@Qshunt created an extended mix of Neon Nights. "bro this is actually so amazing! i had an eargasm," overshares @ArrowDown887.

@ZipZipper joined the Music Triathlon with I Field the Same. @AED-4 wrote a lengthy review, noting, "I don’t think there was a single moment in there where I didn’t vibe with the melodies, especially since they constantly keep evolving ever-so-slightly and get complemented with new selections of instruments."

@Michael-Flaherty has a really nice voice! "Feels like a great energetic outset song in a musical or Disney Renaissance film. Very cool!" remarks @tydaze.

@ARAMort cooked up the experimental Nerve, part of the Cable Syrup album. "cable syrup is the tastiest syrup" comments @wineplume.

More favorites in my February Mix!

Closing Thoughts

There was so much to love in February! It makes me wish we could extend the prizes to include ten movies and ten games.

Thank you @StormyDew for organizing the Valentine's Day Art Collab. Thank you again to @TeffyD for pulling together the Mall Music Collab. Thank you @RepriseAgain for bringing some sunshine with the Summertime in Wintertime Collab.

Thank you @ICantSeeHelp for the silly Corn Collab, @BlastoiseNetworkYT for the The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Collab, @WesMakowski for the Mean Girls Collab, @Aalasteir for the 200+ BPM Collab and @MYYA for the F Collab!

Winter can be a tough time of year and it’s nice to see so many people spreading positive vibes on NG!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:54:17 (edited 2024-03-10 17:40:16)

Other News

Expect the Treasure Hunt to kick off in one week, on Friday, March 15th!

The Dreamcast Collab deadline has been extended, so more people can participate.

The Music Triathlon is currently in Phase 3!

March 8th - Bug Collab deadline.

March 15th - RIP General Collab deadline.

March 17th - Lucky Collab deadline.

March 20th - Storytime Collab deadline.

March 23rd - Sandwich Collab deadline.

April 3rd - Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

April 15th - Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab deadline.

April 20th - Earth Day Collab deadline.

April 21st - Flash Forward deadline.

May 18th - Pico Day

May 18th - Dublin, Ireland Meetup

June - Midsummer Rumble month-long art event!

June 2nd - Dreamcast Collab extended deadline.

June 5th - NGTV Summer Bash deadline.

June 27th - Christmas in July Collab deadline.

June 28th - Too Many Games Meetup in Oaks, PA.

July 20th - Five Nights at Freddy's Collab deadline.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:56:32 (edited 2024-03-07 12:59:36)

this truly was the best. loved the lethal company animation. glad it won 5th place.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:58:29

Amazing stuff!

sup

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 12:59:59

Неожиданно приятно было увидеть своего друга в этом посте, который написал комментарий под песней на русском языке :)

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 13:26:32

Congratulations to everyone! Well done! You are all the best (including TomFulp)! YIPPIE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 13:37:32

I can't believe I'm part of the best of February, I just make music for fun

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 13:56:11

Congrats to all of the winners, I like February because of spreading some good love. Hopefully summer rocks!

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 14:01:33

Congrats to all the winners!

Spring is almost upon us!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 14:06:38 (edited 2024-03-07 14:06:56)

Bridge kids be like: CURSE YOU SPEEDMAN

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 14:08:34 (edited 2024-03-07 14:17:24)

(didn't mean to say what I said)

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 14:08:52

This has honestly been one of my favourite months when it comes to the stuff that was published. So many peak animations, games, art and audio. Everyone shoud be proud.

May Spring bring new great content (holy shit its alredy Spring. this year has been reely fast).

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 14:27:40

At 3/7/24 02:01 PM, Dungeonation wrote: Congrats to all the winners!

I'm hyped to unveil the Spring wall art by @inksaji!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 15:19:12

At 3/7/24 02:27 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/7/24 02:01 PM, Dungeonation wrote: Congrats to all the winners!
I'm hyped to unveil the Spring wall art by @inksaji!

@TomFulp, Do You Want To Remove The Become A Newgrounds Supporter Ad On Mobile A-Rated Art View Pages?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 15:32:44

At 3/7/24 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: @EllisBros and @Crisppyboat celebrated the release of Penny's Big Breakaway with some fanart.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ellisbros/penny-s-big-breakaway-penny
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/crisppyboat/penny-when-they-break-away-idk-i-haven-t-played-it-yet

Top Featured Audio of February!

@TeffyD organized the vibey NG Mall Music Collab! "If sears played this over their loudspeakers they wouldn't have failed," observes @glotch.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1298129

Here are two individual highlights by @POSTEVLIS and @trazzz123.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1298324
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1298192

@slnoah made a song worthy of the most epic RPG battle. "this is actually incredible holy" says @viridianify.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1299380

@jayeskar partnered with ILSE on the club-ready Afterglow. @Bituvo exclaims, "the bass is BUSTING into my ears!"

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1292918

@Bosa shared an instrumental of As My Heart Beats. @MissFluentOfficial notes, "I felt the emotions..."

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1290470

@Shulkern made a chill track with Permafrost. "The audio also sounds a bit nostalgic to me—it's a feeling that I am unable to explain," comments @KeatonGamer1248.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1289535

@Seyrnox got Lost in Time with Junior Paes. "bro's making culinary art," proclaims @Casper.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1299242

@TeraVex shared a castle theme from Bird Tapper's Retro Challenge. "I need this injected into my veins," demands @Deemo-R.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1299207

I might not understand @Breakthebans' Russian lyrics but this song is catchy in any language. "неожиданно приятно услышать такое в ньюграундс" (unexpectedly nice to hear this in newgrounds) says @H20Silnava.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1291904

@FoxiFyer wrote a power metal song about Stolas from Helluva Boss.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1292061

@Qshunt created an extended mix of Neon Nights. "bro this is actually so amazing! i had an eargasm," overshares @ArrowDown887.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1294030

@ZipZipper joined the Music Triathlon with I Field the Same. @AED-4 wrote a lengthy review, noting, "I don’t think there was a single moment in there where I didn’t vibe with the melodies, especially since they constantly keep evolving ever-so-slightly and get complemented with new selections of instruments."

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1290406

@Michael-Flaherty has a really nice voice! "Feels like a great energetic outset song in a musical or Disney Renaissance film. Very cool!" remarks @tydaze.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1289713

@ARAMort cooked up the experimental Nerve, part of the Cable Syrup album. "cable syrup is the tastiest syrup" comments @wineplume.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1291124

More favorites in my February Mix!

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlist/344099/february-2024-mix

Closing Thoughts

There was so much to love in February! It makes me wish we could extend the prizes to include ten movies and ten games.

Thank you @StormyDew for organizing the Valentine's Day Art Collab. Thank you again to @TeffyD for pulling together the Mall Music Collab. Thank you @RepriseAgain for bringing some sunshine with the Summertime in Wintertime Collab.

Thank you @ICantSeeHelp for the silly Corn Collab, @BlastoiseNetworkYT for the The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Collab, @WesMakowski for the Mean Girls Collab, @Aalasteir for the 200+ BPM Collab and @MYYA for the F Collab!

Winter can be a tough time of year and it’s nice to see so many people spreading positive vibes on NG!

much love to the winners and you, tom! (next year, I'll make sure that I'll learn a better program so that I can make the valentine's day collab more interactive and fun to look at)

xoxo!!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 15:37:38

Feb was a good month, appreciate these gatherings, just got a bunch of new fav pieces and found a whole new artist to follow

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 15:39:36 (edited 2024-03-07 15:40:12)

Bows absolutely earned it. What a great thing that was to see.

Congrats to the monthly winners! Big UPS!

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 16:36:16

was mentioned in a post again thanks daddy fulp

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 17:15:06 (edited 2024-03-07 17:15:22)

Good stuff this month, glad Driftmania made the top spots too!

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 17:52:41

lol, none of my selections are in the top 5

iu_1172371_3945050.png

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 18:41:25 (edited 2024-03-07 18:42:34)

Thanks for the shoutout Tom! Im happy to have made it, we got some smooth classics out of it!

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 18:50:27

At 3/7/24 05:52 PM, Czyszy wrote: lol, none of my selections are in the top 5

yo thanks for voting for singscar 2

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 18:54:39

Congrats to all the Winners! It was an awesome month. And yay, Valentine's Day Collab in 10th! 💖

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 19:09:08

Congratulations to all the game devs for delivering another great month of games! I was really worried I wouldn't be able to do the reviews this month as I'm recovering from wisdom teeth surgery, but somehow I made it through the big list in time (I just might be a bit more quiet and less energetic in the recording, haha)

Really happy to see Driftmania from @Frenchie14 make the top list: that game is so addictive and fun despite being so simple, just like many of the classic Newgrounds games of yesteryear!

Also ever since I switched up my review process to check out all of the featured games of the month, it's always interesting to see what games get featured outta nowhere, considering they were submitted many months or years ago, like the ones below:

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 19:30:17

congrats to all the people who got mentioned and are awesome and handsome iu_1172415_8683279.jpg

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-07 20:18:16

Eyyy congrats to everyone who made the lists : D

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-08 02:16:36 (edited 2024-03-08 02:17:00)

AAAAAAAA didnt expected my ena short to be one of the best of february movies, THANKS A LOTTTTT, and also, absolutely lo ed the other movies here as well, theyre so well animated, congrats to everyone ^^

Goofy aah magical girl

not pecking sailor moon tho

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2024! 2024-03-08 07:24:01

At 3/7/24 06:50 PM, orbitz wrote:
At 3/7/24 05:52 PM, Czyszy wrote: lol, none of my selections are in the top 5
yo thanks for voting for singscar 2

SingScar 2 was 33rd, behind HiveClock: The Game in the 32nd.

BBS Signature