00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LegendaryWolfeh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat

4,754 Views | 190 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to The Art Forum Lounge

The Art Forum Lounge is here to provide an open discussion topic for the Art Forum users. Feel free to discuss the things that interest you that are not necessarily related to the topic of Art.

This includes, but is not limited to: film, music, television, books, food, pets, travel, fashion, just about anything else!

Rules:

• Do Not Post Spam: this includes troll posts, or self promotion.

For the latter remember to create your own personal showcase thread if you haven't !

• Do not post NSFW content in the thread. Any links to NSFW content must be flagged as such.
  • Respect other users, no harassing, kidding around is fine and good, but be mindful of crossing any lines. If another user expresses discomfort; dial it back.
  • All standard BBS rules apply

iu_1181349_2960153.webp

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 17:35:33

Alrighty then!

Let’s see… What’s the best cut of pork?

iu_1181353_8152063.jpg

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

At 3/28/24 05:35 PM, OviManic wrote: Alrighty then!

There's this Ramen spot by me that has Pork Belly as an option for meat, and damn, that's up there with some of the best food I've ever had.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 17:44:14

At 3/28/24 05:37 PM, SourCherryJack wrote: There's this Ramen spot by me that has Pork Belly as an option for meat, and damn, that's up there with some of the best food I've ever had.

My favorite is the hind leg, or what most call it…

iu_1181358_8152063.png

Last week, I visited a relative’s place and she let the ham sit in its juices a day before cooking it. A cut of that was like heaven!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 18:16:34

At 3/28/24 05:35 PM, OviManic wrote: Alrighty then!

Whatever it is that my mom uses gets inmediately turned into 5 start cuisine.

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Total Eclipse is coming up April 8th looking forward to seeing it. Don't be an idiot and look at it without those special shades. You'll burn your retinas out if you do.

edit: So much inspiration that can be had from it. The ominous vibes and feeling can bring so much excitement.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 18:53:27

At last! A place on the Newgrounds BBS where we can chat about random shit that doesn't require having the supporter status!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:05:55

I am looking forward to complaining about things that are too small and petty to dedicate a whole thread to. 😻

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:19:45

Anyone here play T.K.O? What are your bangers?

iu_1181442_7136508.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:23:33

At 3/28/24 08:19 PM, King-Kiddoh wrote: Anyone here play T.K.O? What are your bangers?

What's TKO?

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:27:51

At 3/28/24 08:23 PM, Dolorious wrote:
At 3/28/24 08:19 PM, King-Kiddoh wrote: Anyone here play T.K.O? What are your bangers?
What's TKO?

It's a Jackbox game where you and 2-7 friends make T-shirts and see which one is the most powerful. You can make 0-5 Drawings and then need to come up with a bunch of text slogans. Then everyone is given a random assortment of drawings and slogans everyone else made and they need to mix and match what they believe to be the best shirt.iu_1181444_7136508.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:41:15

Oh sweet! Well, this week, I think I can’t stomach sushi anymore. It was my fav meal but no matter what place I go to, after I eat, I always have stomach aches. Even basic ass California rolls make me sick. Idk if it’s just me or I’m just choosing bad places. But I think I’m done with sushi for at least a year.

Wowie, this is fun!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 20:58:52

At 3/28/24 08:27 PM, King-Kiddoh wrote:
What's TKO?
It's a Jackbox game where you and 2-7 friends make T-shirts and see which one is the most powerful. You can make 0-5 Drawings and then need to come up with a bunch of text slogans. Then everyone is given a random assortment of drawings and slogans everyone else made and they need to mix and match what they believe to be the best shirt.

Oh I see. Didn't some of the people that worked on Jackbox also work on educational programs/websites?

Some of the art styles and voice acting heavily remind me of them.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-28 22:53:08

I missed these old school lounge threads. Nice to have a new one.

At 3/28/24 10:53 PM, SpikeyBlum wrote: I missed these old school lounge threads. Nice to have a new one.

Yeaaah, there have been a handful of attempts to bump the old Art Forum Lounge, but I think between it being 16 years old and there being 577 pages -- most of which made of posts from people long since inactive -- It seems a bit... unwelcoming.

I figure with General being gone and the shear number of tangential discussion threads, the time was now.

At 3/28/24 08:41 PM, Youtakk wrote: Oh sweet! Well, this week, I think I can’t stomach sushi anymore. It was my fav meal but no matter what place I go to, after I eat, I always have stomach aches. Even basic ass California rolls make me sick. Idk if it’s just me or I’m just choosing bad places. But I think I’m done with sushi for at least a year.

My friend had an issue that sounds similar to this -- if it isn't only sushi at least. Her stomach for seemingly no reason became super sensitive. She had tests taken and everything after a few months it just sort of went away. It still flares up every now and then, but usually only a day or two. But she does try eating a bit cleaner overall now. Hopefully it solves itself, but if possible, and if you haven't, try to see a professional about it.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 00:40:04

What's TKO?
It's a Jackbox game where you and 2-7 friends make T-shirts and see which one is the most powerful. You can make 0-5 Drawings and then need to come up with a bunch of text slogans. Then everyone is given a random assortment of drawings and slogans everyone else made and they need to mix and match what they believe to be the best shirt.

Have you played Gartic Phone? I feel like that game is a great step-up to T.K.O and its successor, Champ'd Up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 01:19:00

At 3/29/24 12:16 AM, SourCherryJack wrote:
At 3/28/24 10:53 PM, SpikeyBlum wrote: I missed these old school lounge threads. Nice to have a new one.
Yeaaah, there have been a handful of attempts to bump the old Art Forum Lounge, but I think between it being 16 years old and there being 577 pages -- most of which made of posts from people long since inactive -- It seems a bit... unwelcoming.
I figure with General being gone and the shear number of tangential discussion threads, the time was now.

At 3/28/24 08:41 PM, Youtakk wrote: Oh sweet! Well, this week, I think I can’t stomach sushi anymore. It was my fav meal but no matter what place I go to, after I eat, I always have stomach aches. Even basic ass California rolls make me sick. Idk if it’s just me or I’m just choosing bad places. But I think I’m done with sushi for at least a year.
My friend had an issue that sounds similar to this -- if it isn't only sushi at least. Her stomach for seemingly no reason became super sensitive. She had tests taken and everything after a few months it just sort of went away. It still flares up every now and then, but usually only a day or two. But she does try eating a bit cleaner overall now. Hopefully it solves itself, but if possible, and if you haven't, try to see a professional about it.

Oh for sure. For me, it’s only been sushi that’s been screwing with me. I'll bring it up on my next doctor checkup and hopefully it’ll go away. I’d hate to have sushi ruined for me for the rest of my life lmao

Wowie, this is fun!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 09:26:43

At 3/29/24 12:40 AM, OviManic wrote:
What's TKO?
Have you played Gartic Phone? I feel like that game is a great step-up to T.K.O and its successor, Champ'd Up.

I have not played those games funnily enough. But It's one of those drawing specific party games I imagine. I'll give it a shot the next time it comes up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 13:53:39

I just wanted to be on page 1 of herstory, tbh. Although, concerning drawing games, I haven't played many of the videogame ones, but I like Telestrations. You don't need to buy the board game version to play, just sketchbooks/drawing instruments. Everyone writes a prompt, passes it to the next person who then draws the prompt, then folds or flips the page so the next recipient won't see the previous prompt, just the drawing, and then write a prompt for that drawing, and it goes around (the more the merrier) until it returns to the original prompt maker. That or an exquisite corpse is bang-on in my book.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 14:13:25

At 3/29/24 09:26 AM, King-Kiddoh wrote: I have not played those games funnily enough. But It's one of those drawing specific party games I imagine. I'll give it a shot the next time it comes up.

Next time it comes up? Oh, it’s not a Jackbox game. It’s a (surprisingly free) browser game that you and a group could just jump into at any time!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 14:25:33

I was browsing the first page of the art forum, couldn't find this thread, and thought it didn't even last a day lmao. Then I scrolled up and saw it was just pinned now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 14:59:39

23° 62' 82.71"

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 18:08:57

At 3/29/24 02:13 PM, OviManic wrote:
At 3/29/24 09:26 AM, King-Kiddoh wrote: I have not played those games funnily enough. But It's one of those drawing specific party games I imagine. I'll give it a shot the next time it comes up.
Next time it comes up? Oh, it’s not a Jackbox game. It’s a (surprisingly free) browser game that you and a group could just jump into at any time!

lol yes, I know. I have a friend who brings it up sometimes, but I haven't had much interest in it so I usually opt out of playing it with them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 18:26:05

I quite dig these pastel City Pop illustrations by Shiho So

iu_1181789_3945050.webp

iu_1181791_3945050.png

iu_1181790_3945050.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 18:36:17

At 3/29/24 06:26 PM, Czyszy wrote: I quite dig these pastel City Pop illustrations by Shiho So

These drawings are very nice!

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 18:37:04

I love TKO! And a lot of other Jackbox games for that matter (Quiplash is the best).

I would describe the bangers me and my friends make in TKO, but unfortunately we all have a habit of drawing and writing the most fowl stuff in that game and I think my post would be deleted if I mentioned any of it lol.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Now that there’s a general hangout here, I will talk about my art journey currently. Oh boy i’m really starting to feel the grind with uploading more art to the portal. Just now I got done with an art trade and yesterday I made my latest two drawings unlike during 2022 when I had a procrastinating problem. I think this is a big step for me and I thank all of the unfinished sketches I have. Hopefully I could finally do daily art along with making a new animation every once in a while! :)

also I want to introduce you all to gooble. Say hi to gooble

iu_1181819_9273743.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-29 22:42:02

Just finished watching the latest episode of Murder Drones.

It really brightened up my mood. Wasn't expecting it to release on good friday.

And Easter is coming up. It's going to be a nice weekend.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-30 01:02:48

What's TKO?

Tko?

Tko? Što?

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-03-30 06:39:25

At 3/29/24 07:37 PM, KingCrowned wrote: also I want to introduce you all to gooble. Say hi to gooble

hello gooble

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature