00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ai generated music is starting to scare me.

1,592 Views | 90 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-13 20:11:34

At 4/13/24 02:13 PM, Creeperforce24 wrote:
At 4/7/24 03:57 PM, Tangerine wrote: I know over the past few years everyone has been like "oH nO ai aRt iS gOiNg tO tAkE mY jOB!!!111!!!" and then it didn't, but like oh god. I assume most of you have played around with Suno. The website which allows you to generate pretty convincing music. It can generate the lyrics and vocals for you if you want it to.

I know that the music sounds decently flawed at the moment, but technology improves fast and i'd say in a few months, people won't easily be able to tell if something is ai generated or composed by a person.

Not all doom and gloom though, it has its benefits for musicians like me. It could be used as inspiration or as a tool to check out instrumentation for certain styles. But also it certainly has its negatives.

I don't mean to walk down the streets ringing a bell screaming "The end is nigh!", but it will bring along great changes that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

What's your thoughts? Also, if you've generated any cool things on suno then feel free to share them here :).

"Make a eurobeat song in the style of initial D"
https://app.suno.ai/song/e40bdf84-b110-4751-906d-966498fd515f/
It’s extremely impressive to how far tech has came for us!

It's exciting and quite scary!

If you read this, you get a virtual cookie

BBS Signature

Have you heard of the most new Ai Music generator though that people are saying is even more advanced then the one you are talking about? It is called Udio - You can currently generate around 600 songs a month for free while it is in testing.

You can also type in custom words too and it generates 30 second bits at a time. You can extend the track too, up to a max time of 4 mins 20 seconds.

I've used it to create a few songs. I created one called "The Capitalists Dream" - I performed edits on it once I downloaded it to shorted the track time, boosted volume levels, gave parts extra punch and added extra drums.

All words were written by me.

It is quite good at giving a more Dystopian vibe, at least how I used it. Also being able to mix different genres together when extending it is really great and I love being able to do that.

I also think that the voices can sound quite good too. It is far better to use your own custom words, I feel.

I was getting inspired by thinking about actually getting people together to perform this live. It is good I feel for coming up with ideas or even for creating blue prints for songs.

You could also use it for creating custom ringtones for people or projects where you don't want to put much time into it. Like silly stuff.

People could use it for generating low quality content and then putting it up for sale....etc but I think that if software was to be created that put a marker or something within the music file and then websites were set up to look for these markers then you could have places online where AI Music would not be able to be uploaded or seen.

It is very impressive tech though :)

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 17:29:48

Aren't WMD's impressive tech in its own right?

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 18:23:04

At 4/8/24 12:29 PM, Czyszy wrote: It's sad but you can't do anything to stop it. I've been protesting against generative AI in the past but it never worked and only made me feel more depressed over another lost battle. But, maybe in a few years, when the technology advances enough not to be distinguishable from human-made works, suddenly suicide will turn out to in fact be the answer.

I think that AI will be stopped at some point. AI is already doing major damages (especially deepfake) and because of that, there’s no doubt that there will be laws to make sure that you will be able to distinguish generated content to human-made content. It’s just that it’s not happening yet because we are still in the early years of generative content, it will happen later.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 18:28:14

At 4/9/24 08:01 PM, Tangerine wrote:
At 4/9/24 07:59 PM, Gribbus07 wrote: Music made by people has soul!! AI will get so good it will sound TOO perfect and you could tell its artificial
that's a very good point lol. humans are naturally attracted to slight and subtle flaws. It's why you can usually tell if something was played by a real person or created synthetically.

It also makes me think that you could also tell if it’s AI by the lyrics, if they make any sense or not. Sure AI could make something that sounds good but can it make have an actual meaning ?

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 21:36:53

At 4/16/24 05:29 PM, Czyszy wrote: Aren't WMD's impressive tech in its own right?

What does WMD mean? I put it into Google and it said "Weapons of Mass destruction" ......

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 22:55:41

Yeah, I don't like any of this AI garbage. The pictures, the image enhancements, the video fakes, all this stuff is not good. I didn't even realize people were playing with AI making music. This is also not a good thing for the music industry as a whole.

It's already hard enough for guys to bang out tunes to get paid without scabs coming in on the scene with AI. I personally haven't intended to make money with my music for a long time, but that don't mean I ain't got a heart for them that do. Check out all the kids on here trying to just get someone to listen to their track so they can get some feedback! We don't need more kinds of fake music getting in their way.

I am not so certain that laws will keep all this in check. Remember that our hearts are desperately wicked, who can know the heart? AI will not destroy humanity, our sin has already condemned us, but AI will be another tool for depravity and is already being used in evil ways.

Everything is bad and getting worse, but Jesus said that these are the signs of the end coming. Jesus is coming back sooner than we think, it's time to get right with God.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 23:23:13

At 4/16/24 10:55 PM, SoulSecure wrote: Yeah, I don't like any of this AI garbage. The pictures, the image enhancements, the video fakes, all this stuff is not good. I didn't even realize people were playing with AI making music. This is also not a good thing for the music industry as a whole.

It's already hard enough for guys to bang out tunes to get paid without scabs coming in on the scene with AI. I personally haven't intended to make money with my music for a long time, but that don't mean I ain't got a heart for them that do. Check out all the kids on here trying to just get someone to listen to their track so they can get some feedback! We don't need more kinds of fake music getting in their way.

I am not so certain that laws will keep all this in check. Remember that our hearts are desperately wicked, who can know the heart? AI will not destroy humanity, our sin has already condemned us, but AI will be another tool for depravity and is already being used in evil ways.

Everything is bad and getting worse, but Jesus said that these are the signs of the end coming. Jesus is coming back sooner than we think, it's time to get right with God.

I do pray to god that the laws will keep up, which I'm sure it will. Because with changes, there will always be powerful people who get fucked over, and try to get laws made to prevent the change. But then again, perhaps even more powerful people are benefitting from it. Regardless, I think the future for musicians and artists will be to humanize their art. Putting a face to their work etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 23:50:16

At 4/16/24 06:28 PM, EPSco wrote:
At 4/9/24 07:59 PM, Gribbus07 wrote: Music made by people has soul!! AI will get so good it will sound TOO perfect and you could tell its artificial
that's a very good point lol. humans are naturally attracted to slight and subtle flaws. It's why you can usually tell if something was played by a real person or created synthetically.
It also makes me think that you could also tell if it’s AI by the lyrics, if they make any sense or not. Sure AI could make something that sounds good but can it make have an actual meaning ?

idk I got it to write a song about getting your dick stuck in a toaster, and it came up with some pretty smart lyrics given the prompt. But if I'm being honest, listening to AI-generated lyrics and common pop lyrics, I can't tell the difference. They both sound generic and formulaic. The majority of songs don't have any real substantial meaning, so I guess that's where it's coming from. But to be fair, most people don't really listen to songs for the meaning.

The number of people I hear saying they like songs "for the beat" when it's just the regular boots and cats is wild. If boots and cats is enough to impress the average person, then I don't think they really care about how complex and thought-provoking the lyrics are.

Meaning is also honestly what you make of it. Any song can have meaning if you give it some. I guess the main thing is that since it didn't come from a real person, there isn't any emotion made with the song. But AI emulates songs that do have emotion and it learns from songs that were made by real people. Also, a lot of the songs I hear on Suno do have pretty coherent lyrics. It really depends on what you give it and how specific you are. I've never heard it give broken sentences or absolute gibberish.

AI music certainly can't write award-winning lyrics that are multilayered with a thousand metaphors and intelligent wordplay, but if I'm being honest, neither can most musicians. Many of the lyrics I heard in popular songs have pretty generic and somewhat garbage lyrics. An example would be the song It's Been a Long Long Time, by Kitty Kallen and Harry James. It's a really good song, but it literally has the lyric "Kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again. It's been a long, long time" It's not great lyrics and it honestly sounds AI-generated, but the song was made in 1959 and the lyrics are catchy enough to work. If this song were to come from Suno or whatnot, everyone would be saying "Wow, this is so bad it's obviously ai generated. You can clearly see how the song is uninspired and generic".

Another quick example of lyrics that people would call AI-generated is Deja Vu by Dave Rodgers. Once again, its a really good song and I like it a lot, but the lyrics mean absolutely nothing. "and the search is a mystery" like, what?

So AI music probably wouldn't appeal to someone like you, who listens for the meaning of a song and enjoys it that way, but it appeals to others who aren't like you. Like the boots and cats example I gave earlier, most people are a lot simpler in their musical wants and won't really care if there's meaning or not. If I'm being honest, 90% of the music I actively listen to doesn't even have lyrics xd.

Of course, music AI is still very primitive and certainly has its flaws, but tech is moving fast and in the next decade or so, even the most trained people will struggle to tell if it was AI or human off of just listening.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-16 23:53:46

At 4/16/24 06:23 PM, EPSco wrote:
At 4/8/24 12:29 PM, Czyszy wrote: It's sad but you can't do anything to stop it. I've been protesting against generative AI in the past but it never worked and only made me feel more depressed over another lost battle. But, maybe in a few years, when the technology advances enough not to be distinguishable from human-made works, suddenly suicide will turn out to in fact be the answer.
I think that AI will be stopped at some point. AI is already doing major damages (especially deepfake) and because of that, there’s no doubt that there will be laws to make sure that you will be able to distinguish generated content to human-made content. It’s just that it’s not happening yet because we are still in the early years of generative content, it will happen later.

Yeah, I don't see a future where tech companies can develop and exploit generative AI without any potential political, socio-cultural or legal backlash. What I believe will happen is a giant tragedy will take place, which will put a heavy hammer on the development and legal usage of generative AI for personal and commercial uses. Of course, nobody can predict the future accurately, so who knows what will happen. I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-17 02:46:44

sometimes it seems to me that I have turned myself into a neural network that creates 1-2 songs a day, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I do spend a lot of time on my laptop, but I don't use these nasty neural networks that sound bad. sometimes, of course, I have to use music loops, but mostly I write the melodies myself, only I use drum loops mostly.

I'd be doing more if it wasn't for my weak laptop, hahahahaha.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-18 06:47:41

At 4/16/24 11:50 PM, Tangerine wrote:
idk I got it to write a song about getting your dick stuck in a toaster, and it came up with some pretty smart lyrics given the prompt. But if I'm being honest, listening to AI-generated lyrics and common pop lyrics, I can't tell the difference. They both sound generic and formulaic. The majority of songs don't have any real substantial meaning, so I guess that's where it's coming from. But to be fair, most people don't really listen to songs for the meaning.

The number of people I hear saying they like songs "for the beat" when it's just the regular boots and cats is wild. If boots and cats is enough to impress the average person, then I don't think they really care about how complex and thought-provoking the lyrics are.

Meaning is also honestly what you make of it. Any song can have meaning if you give it some. I guess the main thing is that since it didn't come from a real person, there isn't any emotion made with the song. But AI emulates songs that do have emotion and it learns from songs that were made by real people. Also, a lot of the songs I hear on Suno do have pretty coherent lyrics. It really depends on what you give it and how specific you are. I've never heard it give broken sentences or absolute gibberish.

AI music certainly can't write award-winning lyrics that are multilayered with a thousand metaphors and intelligent wordplay, but if I'm being honest, neither can most musicians. Many of the lyrics I heard in popular songs have pretty generic and somewhat garbage lyrics. An example would be the song It's Been a Long Long Time, by Kitty Kallen and Harry James. It's a really good song, but it literally has the lyric "Kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again. It's been a long, long time" It's not great lyrics and it honestly sounds AI-generated, but the song was made in 1959 and the lyrics are catchy enough to work. If this song were to come from Suno or whatnot, everyone would be saying "Wow, this is so bad it's obviously ai generated. You can clearly see how the song is uninspired and generic".

Another quick example of lyrics that people would call AI-generated is Deja Vu by Dave Rodgers. Once again, its a really good song and I like it a lot, but the lyrics mean absolutely nothing. "and the search is a mystery" like, what?

So AI music probably wouldn't appeal to someone like you, who listens for the meaning of a song and enjoys it that way, but it appeals to others who aren't like you. Like the boots and cats example I gave earlier, most people are a lot simpler in their musical wants and won't really care if there's meaning or not. If I'm being honest, 90% of the music I actively listen to doesn't even have lyrics xd.

Of course, music AI is still very primitive and certainly has its flaws, but tech is moving fast and in the next decade or so, even the most trained people will struggle to tell if it was AI or human off of just listening.

That's exactly why I hate this technology. It's made to generate stuff that is counterfeit. It's trying to replicate human-made lyrics, compositions, art etc etc in a way so it "sounds good". And in this case "sounds good" is an euphemism for an "elaborate scam". If it fools people, that's a huge warning sign on how AI can be abused!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-18 07:38:05

At 4/18/24 06:47 AM, Czyszy wrote:
At 4/16/24 11:50 PM, Tangerine wrote:

That's exactly why I hate this technology. It's made to generate stuff that is counterfeit. It's trying to replicate human-made lyrics, compositions, art etc etc in a way so it "sounds good". And in this case "sounds good" is an euphemism for an "elaborate scam". If it fools people, that's a huge warning sign on how AI can be abused!

That's so true. I heard about people using the ai voice thingy to scam call people using their relatives' voices. That's terrifying.

BBS Signature

At 4/8/24 02:50 PM, SkankyMojo wrote:
Would you not still make music for the love of the craft? I don't understand why A.I. making music would stop anyone who loves making music, from making music.

I agree completely. AI also can't yet perform, interact, or attract fans in the way that people do. Yes, it can create dependence from people trying to customize their own hilarious songs, but it will get boring after a while. Might get a couple spots on a playlist or take off with a few channels.

An AI can't value a relationship with a person. That's what makes music artists now popular, relationships.

An AI can't perform live for you, not in the way a person can. One day we might get to that part, but at that point, the AIs will be installed into robots, like the animatronics you used to see at the mall as a kid. That'll be both cool and terrifying. And still, a relationship with that AI will be based on whatever algorithms it was programmed with. If it retweets you on X, it will be nothing special, not like if say Drake or Ariana or Lil B Tha Based God or whoever retweets you.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-20 15:21:27

For the most part i'm just amazed at how magical it feels.

Write a couple words, press a button.. bam, a song. It's just crazy.

Unlike some people have expressed here, i'm not of the opinion that A.I. will be stopped.

It has already advanced too far and too quickly for it to be stopped.

Laws may be created, but those will be only try to stop people from using A.I. in a malicious way and not to stop the progress it makes.

Scared, worried, sad, hopeful.. we will have to live with this. It will get much better and it will end up taking over (at least a part of) the music industry. I have already heard a complete symphony created by A.I. Just to give an example.. why pay a composer who needs lots of resources to make a score for your movie if you can just have it ready with the press of a button? Fully customized, with probably more control of the end product than when you hire a composer.

Also a valid point made by someone in this topic.. A.I. does not stop you from enjoying to make music. The joy of learning an instrument, crafting a beat, writing lyrics that express your inner self will all be possible forever.

We will see what the future brings and the turns it will take that no one can yet foresee.

A while back i created a song on here about A.I. and i used those lyrics to ''create'' and A.I. generated song.

Pretty amazing - The Life of an A.I.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-20 22:36:42

At 4/7/24 03:57 PM, Tangerine wrote: I know over the past few years everyone has been like "oH nO ai aRt iS gOiNg tO tAkE mY jOB!!!111!!!" and then it didn't, but like oh god. I assume most of you have played around with Suno. The website which allows you to generate pretty convincing music. It can generate the lyrics and vocals for you if you want it to.

I know that the music sounds decently flawed at the moment, but technology improves fast and i'd say in a few months, people won't easily be able to tell if something is ai generated or composed by a person.

Not all doom and gloom though, it has its benefits for musicians like me. It could be used as inspiration or as a tool to check out instrumentation for certain styles. But also it certainly has its negatives.

I don't mean to walk down the streets ringing a bell screaming "The end is nigh!", but it will bring along great changes that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

What's your thoughts? Also, if you've generated any cool things on suno then feel free to share them here :).

ai art is almost everywhere sure some companies did use it which caused controversy such as Wacom but it didnt really replaced every artist on the industry, ai music will just be the same tho the only problem that could happen is someone winning in a competition using ai music

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-21 00:15:07

At 4/20/24 10:36 PM, CrowdDoll wrote:

ai art is almost everywhere sure some companies did use it which caused controversy such as Wacom but it didnt really replaced every artist on the industry, ai music will just be the same tho the only problem that could happen is someone winning in a competition using ai music

I'm sure as more ai music gets created, technology to detect the ai music will be created as well

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-21 00:43:52

At 4/20/24 03:21 PM, FairSquare wrote: For the most part i'm just amazed at how magical it feels.
Write a couple words, press a button.. bam, a song. It's just crazy.

Unlike some people have expressed here, i'm not of the opinion that A.I. will be stopped.
It has already advanced too far and too quickly for it to be stopped.
Laws may be created, but those will be only try to stop people from using A.I. in a malicious way and not to stop the progress it makes.

I believe that laws will come in place to manage its usage and limit what the general public can use it for. I don't think they'd slam it straight up, but I do think laws will try to manage and control it.

Scared, worried, sad, hopeful.. we will have to live with this. It will get much better and it will end up taking over (at least a part of) the music industry. I have already heard a complete symphony created by A.I. Just to give an example.. why pay a composer who needs lots of resources to make a score for your movie if you can just have it ready with the press of a button? Fully customized, with probably more control of the end product than when you hire a composer.

Well, the main reason as to why someone would opt to hire a composer as opposed to generating their own song, is because the piece they pay for can be copyrighted. In order for songs to be copyrighted, they require a human to have made it. This may be changing and the law may allow ai generated music to be copyrighted, but as of now, it's not.

There have been cases over the past year or so with people trying to copyright ai generated art. There was this one case where a dude who made his own AI system couldn't get copyright over the art he generated with it (Stephen Thaler v Shira Perlmutter [2023]). So if the guy who created the computer program which generated the art can't copyright it, I'm sure nobody using something like Suno or any of the art ones can. Here's more info on the case :).

Also a valid point made by someone in this topic.. A.I. does not stop you from enjoying to make music. The joy of learning an instrument, crafting a beat, writing lyrics that express your inner self will all be possible forever.

That's true, though spending hours making a song just to see the ai make something similar in only a few seconds may be very demoralizing. My biggest fear is that it will discourage the next generations and other people from learning how to create music from scratch. With no new people learning music composition, music won't evolve :(.

We will see what the future brings and the turns it will take that no one can yet foresee.

Yeah, I hope it turns out good for all involved. But only time will tell.

A while back i created a song on here about A.I. and i used those lyrics to ''create'' and A.I. generated song.
Pretty amazing - The Life of an A.I.

Neat!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-21 11:50:51

At 4/21/24 12:15 AM, Tangerine wrote: I'm sure as more ai music gets created, technology to detect the ai music will be created as well

Hopefully so. For now there is significant artefacting and bit rate issues that you can hear, almost like granular synthesis. I have no doubt that will gradually go away.

I just removed a whole catalog of AI music off a user too, won't name names. And it was hard to detect, because it wasn't fubar like the old procedurally generated stuff. The AI apocalypse has officially reached our doorstep.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-21 12:14:53

I keep hearing about AI getting better, improving, becoming harder to detect and so on. And I keep wondering.... can't anybody just fucking stop that? Unplug the network? Delete the datasets? Halt the training? Just stop feeding the machines with new data? So many people complain, protest, get mad, get scammed and the morons who run the AI business just don't give a fuck about how artists feel. They keep this going as if it was something normal and harmless.

BBS Signature

Remember: AI data generation is based on creating data based on the training data the software is trained on. It is an error if it generates data unlike what is in its training data. So, that means... it is literally programmed NOT to innovate. It is programmed to take a running leap towards the most generic, crowd-pleasing answer it can give you. And do you think these idiot programmers are studying music?

This is only a problem if you think you have nothing left to learn. Want to beat AI? HIT THE BOOKS!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-24 16:39:50

I've realized that I fucking hate it when people try to pass off AI art as real art (or music in this case). I have no respect for those douchabags. Period.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-24 17:17:35

In the future, 99% of all content out there will be AI-generated. Since AI cannot ever come up with new ideas, and everyone eventually gets bored of seeing the same thing all the time, the art created by humans which accounts for that 1% will be highly sought after.

Either that, or the standards of the general public will stay the same as they are today, but I highly doubt they will.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-24 20:56:47

At 4/24/24 05:17 PM, Jatmoz wrote: In the future, 99% of all content out there will be AI-generated. Since AI cannot ever come up with new ideas, and everyone eventually gets bored of seeing the same thing all the time, the art created by humans which accounts for that 1% will be highly sought after.

Either that, or the standards of the general public will stay the same as they are today, but I highly doubt they will.

I think none of us will be alive when it happens.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-24 23:23:58

At 4/24/24 08:56 PM, Czyszy wrote:
At 4/24/24 05:17 PM, Jatmoz wrote: In the future, 99% of all content out there will be AI-generated. Since AI cannot ever come up with new ideas, and everyone eventually gets bored of seeing the same thing all the time, the art created by humans which accounts for that 1% will be highly sought after.

I think none of us will be alive when it happens.

Some other catastrophe will happen before the events of the Terminator xd

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-30 10:22:52

While I don’t like generative AI for anything other than personal use (with the exception of better TTS because fuck yes accessibility) I am secretly hoping it’s the push the creative industry needs to stop cranking out safe soundalikes as a cash cow and start shifting the focus on more experimental works.

As a novelist my books and characters in them tend to go against the grain. For a good while my originality scared people—it didn’t match what they were used to so they avoided it in favor of safer, cookie cutter books. Now people are realizing that a robot can crank out a generic book and it’s making them uncomfortable. It’s likely we’ll start seeing a focus on creators that break the mold in ways AI cannot.

By the by, I play with AI writing stuff all the time (OK, I depression dump to it to spare my friends a headache) and it’s nowhere as advanced as people say it is. Play with music AI apps for fun and you’ll start noticing patterns in those, too.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-30 19:56:49

https://suno.com/

Above site is just amazing for A.I. generated music...

The days of paying ridiculous prices for music are thankfully over.

With Suno site we pay $10 a month for 500 songs a month(that is just 50 cents for each song).

I've been making indie video games for over 25+ years...

I don't make games for profit and live in an apartment for the homeless.

No chance of getting a job either, have severe mental and physical disabilities.

Sorry but I cannot afford to pay a human artist.

Jesse Lee

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-05-01 00:00:38

It currently seems to struggle with making complex staccato strings patterns

At 4/30/24 07:56 PM, JesseLeeIndie wrote: https://suno.com/
Above site is just amazing for A.I. generated music...

The days of paying ridiculous prices for music are thankfully over.
With Suno site we pay $10 a month for 500 songs a month(that is just 50 cents for each song).

I've been making indie video games for over 25+ years...
I don't make games for profit and live in an apartment for the homeless.
No chance of getting a job either, have severe mental and physical disabilities.

Oh damn, sorry to hear about that. I hope all is well. Hopefully, suno will aid you in expressing yourself through your games.

Sorry but I cannot afford to pay a human artist.

Artists can be expensive, but a lot of work goes into making songs, so it's well worth the money. But I get that it can be very pricey, especially if you're not planning on getting a return on the game.

Jesse Lee

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/927088

yeah, I checked out Suno a while ago and we had a pretty decent discussion about it in terms of copyright laws on this forum. It may still be in your best interest to pay a musician to compose the music for you since AI music isn't copyrightable. I have sources of cases and other info on it in an older reply in this thread.

If you're not too fussy about copyright and not making money on your games, then that's awesome :). But I do feel that if one of your games does blow up, there may be some social backlash from using ai generated things in your games since the public has a pretty negative view towards AI stuff

But yeah, I think there's a ways to go before AI art can actually replace musicians. The moment the laws change in favour of AI is the time when AI will replace musicians. Also, just be careful with Suno because it can accidentally remake an already-established song. Since Suno uses songs to teach the AI and stuff.

BBS Signature

At 5/1/24 12:00 AM, Drakensson wrote: It currently seems to struggle with making complex staccato strings patterns

It does seem to struggle with orchestral or even soloistic things as well. I think its best at electronic and hip hop genres.

I'd have thought staccato stuff would be easy for the AI to replicate lol. Guess it still has a lot to learn

BBS Signature