00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,825,072 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 13:02:52

At 9/17/05 12:55 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Dubbed Naruto isn't all that bad. Sure they may have took out the blood, and Naruto's english voice actor isn't that good, but atleast 4kids didn't get their filthy hands on it.

It is not all that bad, but still weak nonetheless.

Me and a friend of mine nearly went and dubbed an episode ourselves, much to the anger caused.

At least Hot-Blooded screaming and strong "Dynamic-Factor" is something I can trust him on.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 13:18:09

At 9/14/05 06:25 PM, mr_trivia wrote:
I'm sorry, but that character is taken. Choose someone else, please.

i would like to be omino jaku then from legend of the overfiend

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 14:16:25

BTW guys, 2 new FMA dub eps tonight on AS.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 18:39:13

New episodes? You talking about Adult Swim....pfft already seen the entire series long time ago, and already kno whats gonna happen in the movie...meh

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 21:32:53

I have to wait until Wednesday to get a new Manga. So, can someone reccomend a few?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 23:29:22

i saw naruto in cartoon network today it wasnt as badly edited as i thougth it be lol the voices arent as bad as the voices in zatch bell or one piece tho but still suck compared to the japs voices

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 23:30:28

oh its to late sorry i should have read closly :( it seems someone posted about this aready

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 00:54:07

Hey Trivia, can I help you maintain the memberlist until Inny, Noc, or Tink get back?

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 02:41:29

Yes A new episode of Full metal alchemist premeres in 20 minutes yes I cant wait.
Haha I waited soo long well ,abey if Im lucky ti will take my mind away from evangelion.
I still love evangelion

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 10:28:11

I gotta get my hands on the One Piece Manga. I hear it's pretty good.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 11:00:00

HeyHEY i just wandering if u guys r a CowboyBehop Fan lol

Hey any of u guys watch CowboyBehop its like the best anime i love it^^
REMEMER VIST www.gendou.com

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 11:07:10

Grhh someone help me sometimes bittrent are so slow sometimes damn u bittorent wat the fuk is this!!

Well Naruto finally came to YTV in english version, on fridays 9:30 so the next episode is episode 2.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 11:10:53

At 9/18/05 10:34 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: One piece is just another fantasy kiddy stories....don't waste your money on that.

YEAH, when 4kids edited it! Speaking of 4kids editing, look at This!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 11:55:49

At 9/18/05 11:07 AM, AzerothElite wrote: Well Naruto finally came to YTV in english version, on fridays 9:30 so the next episode is episode 2.

They edited out ther blood though, but it wasn't so bad. Stop with the picture spam.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 12:31:32

I finally got FFVII: Advent Children and it is cool!

I think they should make another Cowboy Bebop season.

SPOILERISH**************

I mean, just cus it looked like Spike died doesn't really mean much, considering how many times it looked like he would die. I.e. when he fell out of the church window after being shot and stabbed, and also being thrown/shot out of a hanging train in the movie.

END O SPOILER**************

Or they should make a mini-series/movie about the past of each character. Like Spike leaving the Sendicate, Jet leaving the police force, Spike and Jet joining eachother, Faye becoming a con-artist, Ed becoming a hacker and wanting to join Bebop, and what exactly a "Data Dog" is for.

Beside the bad dubs, the thing I don't like most about Naruto are the bad prenunciations of the words. Like the accent on "Na" of Naruto and Hokage ending with a "gay" instead of with "ji" sound. I'm waiting to see how they prenounce Kakashi...though they pronounced the 3rd Hokage's grand son's name right....weird.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 14:28:23

At 9/18/05 12:31 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Beside the bad dubs, the thing I don't like most about Naruto are the bad prenunciations of the words. Like the accent on "Na" of Naruto and Hokage ending with a "gay" instead of with "ji" sound. I'm waiting to see how they prenounce Kakashi...though they pronounced the 3rd Hokage's grand son's name right....weird.

It's Ho-ka-ge so when you say it it should sound like Ho-kah-gei. Where you got ji from I'll never know lol. some people like to say it Hok-age like H-oak-age but if we were to say it the way you're saying it'd be Ho-ka-ji and for it to be spelt the way it's said would look something like Hokagii. But it'd sound like Ho-ka-gee lol

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 15:44:41

Manga is freaking hard to draw! The eyes and the noses are easy, but the rest of it is hard.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 20:35:05

I finally saw Steamboy. I didn't even realize it was by Kazuhiro Otomo. Man, that guy is a genius! If I had known it was by him, I might have bought it a while ago, but I just rented. It's a new arrival at the video rental store by my house. This movie is one of the most original and creative things ever from any country. It's got something in common with another one of Otomo's movies, Akira, in that it's one of those movies that can get some anime haters to shut up after they see it, you know what I mean?

At 9/16/05 05:46 PM, zeus_almighty wrote: will this ever end?

Gee, I don't know. Will you ever shut the fuck up and get a life? Maybe stop obsessing over anime even though you hate it so much? You may just become the next RPJ! ...well, minus the post count and level.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 21:21:07

OMG! I love .Hack//. I've got all the books exept the AI BUSTER series. I'm working on the first game. I can't wait for the new game GU. Man. I've got to be in the .hack// club.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 21:28:37

At 9/14/05 07:22 PM, Renewman wrote: OMG One of his faves is Legend of The Overfiend, the greatest hentai series of all time. Good pick. Also, a list of the anime I hated the most:

Shaman King
Pokemon
Yugi-Oh
Inuyasha (after 7 seasons come on!)
Big O
Spriggan
.Hack//Legend Of Twilight
Love Hina (only thing I hate is that they didn't follow the story line. I stil love it though.)
GunGrave
DNAngel (I don't hate it but its too kiddy for me)

Now for anime I love:

FLCL
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Akira
Galaxy Express 999
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
R.O.D The T.V.
Serial Experiment Lain
Berzerker
Naruto
My-HiME
Ah! Megami-sama
Tenchi Muyo In Love 2(the movie where Tenchi and Ryoko finally get togther)

Shut up. all .hack stuff rocks (exept mabey the third game... that really sucked). I can under stand yugayoh, pokemon, and shaman king. you really suck

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 21:35:39

At 9/18/05 03:44 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Manga is freaking hard to draw! The eyes and the noses are easy, but the rest of it is hard.

look up as much information as you can about drawing manga. I've got assloads of information, but I have yet to try them, though I draw in my own way. like this picture for example.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 21:39:09

I also saw the advent movie...about 6 times already, and yes taht movie is freaking awesome!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 21:50:09

At 9/18/05 09:39 PM, vashxsk8erx wrote: I also saw the advent movie...about 6 times already, and yes taht movie is freaking awesome!

****POSSIBLE SPOILER****
I read in a thread in the general forum that Cloud Strife dies in the movie. Is that true? It was probably just a stupid reference to the "Snape kills Dumbledore" thing, but I just want to make sure.
****END****

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 22:16:27

At 9/18/05 08:35 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
At 9/16/05 05:46 PM, zeus_almighty wrote: will this ever end?
Gee, I don't know. Will you ever shut the fuck up and get a life? Maybe stop obsessing over anime even though you hate it so much? You may just become the next RPJ! ...well, minus the post count and level.

Nah, nobody will ever be like RPJ! Anyway, I might read the Shaman King Manga. It seems interesting.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 22:47:51

At 9/18/05 09:50 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
At 9/18/05 09:39 PM, vashxsk8erx wrote: I also saw the advent movie...about 6 times already, and yes taht movie is freaking awesome!
****POSSIBLE SPOILER****
I read in a thread in the general forum that Cloud Strife dies in the movie. Is that true? It was probably just a stupid reference to the "Snape kills Dumbledore" thing, but I just want to make sure.
****END****

SPOILER******************
i honestly think they owuldnt do that...to kill the main character would be pretty dumb...unless it was some evil scheme to make a second movie where he comes bak as an evil zombie or something
END SPOILER*******************

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 23:29:27

um hey may i ask im looking on ng for a certain anime flash i forgot to add to my fave drawn in an animeish style anyways lol let me just say it has a bunny in it and my favorite qoute is this

*fun fact:swords are completely useless against magic* or something like that lol

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-18 23:38:20

At 9/18/05 03:44 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Manga is freaking hard to draw! The eyes and the noses are easy, but the rest of it is hard.

<_<

No shit. If drawing comics are easy, then there would be over millions of series with just about every plot, idea and method done and boring.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-19 03:07:39

Man I just saw Evangelion death and rebirth
Spoiler!!!!
And it sucked ass I mean death was nothing but recaps and rebirth was just the first part of evangelion that sucked.
End Spoiler!!!
So am I done with evangelion
I saw the series 1-26
and the movies death and reborth and the end of evangelion.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-19 05:54:31

At 9/19/05 03:07 AM, secret_toad wrote: Man I just saw Evangelion death and rebirth
Spoiler!!!!
And it sucked ass I mean death was nothing but recaps and rebirth was just the first part of evangelion that sucked.

Death and rebirth recieved so much hate mail that they made End of Evangelion which was a good movie. and solved some of the questions rased in the series.
(B.T.W.Read the mangas version of events, its so much better, with alot more
inter-character relations Seen. )

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-19 07:34:30

At 9/18/05 10:47 PM, gaarashukaku wrote:
SPOILER******************
i honestly think they owuldnt do that...to kill the main character would be pretty dumb...unless it was some evil scheme to make a second movie where he comes bak as an evil zombie or something
END SPOILER*******************

****SPOILER ****
Well, I do think it would be really dumb because that wouldn't be sticking to the original story at all, but it still doesn't mean it wouldn't be done.
****END SPOILER ****

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature