00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Radiami just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,527,892 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 13:35:43

At 8/29/05 10:16 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: As long as Vince kept out of it. Lets face it, if Vince ran that show instead of Paul it would suck.

Vince is somewhat smart. he knows that if he was to fuck around with ECW it would go under again. if he just dropped money here and their for them then it would do well.
Well tonight is raw, oh how I sense it will suck ass. that master lock challenge will be dumb. they will throw on that wigger like crazy since angle is after him. if angle is in action that will be the only good match

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 14:47:02

Hey, do you guys think that HBK will break the master lock tonight? ;) My guess is no because I think that they are going to make Masters a super star. Defeating HBK will help him a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 16:40:51

At 8/29/05 02:47 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Hey, do you guys think that HBK will break the master lock tonight? ;) My guess is no because I think that they are going to make Masters a super star. Defeating HBK will help him a lot.

that would suck. he is a nobody and should stay that way. Like i said the WWE is trying to turn nobodies into the superstars of old. rob conway is the 2005 version of RIck Rude, Chris masters is a very poor version of Mr. Perfect.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 16:42:55

At 8/29/05 04:40 PM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: that would suck. he is a nobody and should stay that way. Like i said the WWE is trying to turn nobodies into the superstars of old. rob conway is the 2005 version of RIck Rude, Chris masters is a very poor version of Mr. Perfect.

He reminds me of HHH with his cocky attitude. He is indeed crap though, and it would be ashame if HBK doesnt break it. It means another week where we have to put up with the masterlock chllange another week

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 16:48:20

At 8/29/05 04:42 PM, Garfield106 wrote: He reminds me of HHH with his cocky attitude. He is indeed crap though, and it would be ashame if HBK doesnt break it. It means another week where we have to put up with the masterlock chllange another week

i am deffinately gettin sick of him, i just want someone like viscera to come out and just fukin kill him and hump him to death!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 16:50:49

At 8/29/05 04:48 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: i am deffinately gettin sick of him, i just want someone like viscera to come out and just fukin kill him and hump him to death!

That just shows how bad Masters is doesnt it? I really would like to see Masters put the master lock on viscera. He wouldnt be able to lift his arm.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 20:18:48

I can't see HBK breaking the Master Lock. Big Show, on the other hand...

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 22:32:04

I just seen the preview commercial on RAW for TNA during a commercial, the first episode will be on October 1st at 11PM
cant wait to check it out

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-29 23:52:57

It looks like that we will have to wait for another week to see HBK breaking the master lock... :( I hope that HBK can do that so the sake of his legency. But don't you guys think that RAW is trying to make Masters the Next Mr. Wonderful? Plus, there haven't been so many superstars on RAW since Randy Orton and HHH left. Maybe it is not that bad to make Masters the next Mr. Wonderful.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 00:10:29

At 8/29/05 12:24 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Basicly I really am interesting in what you would make of this situation if it happened.

I assume your asking me. Well, as a huge fan of ECW, I think you have to start the brand with as many ECW legends as possible, and keep it strictly ECW guys for about a year, you also need to very CLEARLY establish in the beginning that this is an entity that has broken away from WWE, NO CROSS PROMOTION, NO ADVERTISING WWE PROGRAMMING! You keep this seperate but equal, it's going to be a hard hard sell doing ECW on a corporate dime as is, because ECW was all about being against that structure, they were outlaws, they were rebels, and renegades, and that was a big selling point for a lot of folks. Once you've established that this is not "Vince Mcmahon's idea of ECW" you can start bringing in new talents, HOWEVER! They must be ECW caliber, meaning they have to be able to work (so if you had to corner me to be more specific, I'd say you need guys like Kurt Angle in there, and not guys like JBL) if you can't work, we'll shit on you, we always shat on anybody who couldn't really work, unless they did a lot of cool violent shit.

Bottom line? I think it's still doable, but it has to start off as purely ECW, and then it can gradually be allowed to work new faces in, and move along.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 00:23:00

Thats kinda what I was thinking, but adding some of the more underused ECW guys on the current WWE roster to the mix. Like Tajiri for instance. They really haven't done a whole lot with him on raw, and he's far more talented than chris masters could ever hope to be.

Anyone else think the Hardy/Edge match was kickass? Wasn't too keen on the finish but hey, it was a hell of a match.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 00:34:20

Oh, man, the finish to Hardy vs. Edge was great. I guess their rivalry wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 00:38:54

At 8/30/05 12:23 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Anyone else think the Hardy/Edge match was kickass? Wasn't too keen on the finish but hey, it was a hell of a match.

I thought the mach was great also, the ending was cool too, the best part was how edge had tears in his eyes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 00:51:22

Oh, since they landed on all that electric stuff and never finished the match, is it a no contest?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 03:16:42

At 8/30/05 12:51 AM, cornontheconn wrote: Oh, since they landed on all that electric stuff and never finished the match, is it a no contest?

It wasn't really a match, per say... nothing more than a sanctioned brawl. The ending was somewhat cheesy, but I have to admit, it was gratifying to see Edge bawling like a baby. :D

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 03:30:55

But did you saw Lita? Damn she is hot with that clothes. The ending was crazy. So both got what they wanted: going to the red cross. Good thing Ric Flair came back but still got his ass kicked more by the Masterpiece. Day of Reckoning 2 is a good WWE game for Gamecube. You got the greatest WWE legends in it like: Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock, Bert Hart, Hulk Hogan.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 09:44:15

After all of these weeks trying to resist the negativity concerning the WWE of late, i finally have to give up and admit that the WWE is going to shit.
Wrestling used to be about the wrestling. And while you complain about Hogan's Leg Drop being a pile of crap, which it is in terms of a finisher now, we only think that becasue of the way wrestling is going. Checking back to the older wrestlers, some had finishers like body slams, knee drops, fist drops etc., and for wrestling to advance, the moves had to grow more and more complicated, until suplexes evolved from being suplexes to brainbusters, fishermans splexes, superplexes. Hell, that move that Matt Morgan used looks like a modified suplex. Body press slams evolbved from that into being death valley drivers, and eventually the F-5. Leg drops evolvd into guillotine leg drops, top rope leg drops, spin ledrops. Almost eery move has a variation, making it look more impressive and more viscious.
All this just goes to show that they are struggling to make wrestling advance in any other way than comparing two wrestlers, one newbie, one legend, and the newbie destroying the legend to show how dominating his move is. This has got even worse recently, as finishing moves hardly mean anything anymore. People kick out of most finishers unless they are being portrayed as being shit. Sweet chin music isnt dominating, neither is the angle slam. The only move i can think of that has stayed pretty dominant is the pedrigree, which is there to keep HHH at the top. Wrestling is more about the Faces and Heels than ever before, and means that there are more heros rescuing matches for tag partners, and more villains robbing victories with chair shots behind the ref's back, and by holding the tights.
The way they use Eric Bischoff to "help" the #1 contenders just makes them look like a piece of shit when weeks worth of cheating and total biased matches fall to pieces when the face somehow pulls off a stupidly impossible vitory.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 10:39:25

Raw sucked ass last night. Tna will do good for awhile till vince is worried that he will be upstaged so he will buy out TNA and it will go down. Look it is all about power, money, and control and vince has all of that. If it involves wrestling and vinces name is not attached to it then he will do whatever it takes to shut them down. little by little TNA will get a huge fan base. and since it is on a staurday night they won't be up against raw so they have that whole group to watch and try to convert them over. Botton line is that after I see TNA and if I think it is better then raw I am never gonan watch raw or SD again.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 11:13:11

Raw was ok. Especially the Edge vs Matt Hardy match. I liked how that ended. But no Masterlock challenge and not many matches. That sucked. Also, Ashley got the hell beat outta her by Victoria. Damn that sucked. But overall, it was mediocre. So hopefully next week will be better.

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 11:37:42

Matt and Edge sucked. they are just reusing that whole "thrown off teh stage" bit. kane did it, taker did it, the new age outlaws did it. that is old and tiresome. raw was not cool at all it blew hard. I fail to see how so many of you say raw was some what good. damn young people and their music.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 11:43:47

At 8/30/05 11:37 AM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: Matt and Edge sucked. they are just reusing that whole "thrown off teh stage" bit. kane did it, taker did it, the new age outlaws did it. that is old and tiresome. raw was not cool at all it blew hard. I fail to see how so many of you say raw was some what good. damn young people and their music.

I think they just meant it was possibly the best part of the show. I enjoyed it more than the rest of the show. Its good to see them finding new ays to throw people off the stages ;)
Plus, the tears in Edge's eyes were a good effect. He probably just landed on his balls though.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 11:49:20

I had wanted matt to get the pinfall victory, but we got a no contest to what is esentially a hardcore match. And really that was one of the better matches we have seen on Raw in a while.

And while I hate chris masters, I think HBK still has it. Moreover I am getting more impressed with Carlito. I don't know about you but I find him entertaining.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 12:05:56

WWE. is a one trick pony. I have no problem with carlito but they never use him. they mainly have him sdo his fake talk show thing and that is it. when was the last time he defended that belt? or, when was the last time you saw them defend the tag belts? they mainly stick to the heavyweight title and that wigger john cena. the matt edge match was egh, but they really could have ended it better then that off teh stage thing.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 14:25:11

What do you all think of Cena's rapping ? Do you think he should just stick to wrestling and leave rapping for the pros

HAPPY EASTERHappy EASTERhappy easter

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 14:41:51

At 8/30/05 12:19 PM, BadReligionSkater wrote: Someone at WWE hates the Tag Champs, huh?!

They have tag champs? I'd forgotten.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 15:02:39

At 8/30/05 12:05 PM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: WWE. is a one trick pony. they mainly stick to the heavyweight title and that wigger john cena.

God I DESPISE that character. I use the term character with good reason, because as an athlete, he's got potential... One has to admit though that he has a LONG way to go as a wrestler. Its needless to say his repertoire of moves is mediocre. Eugene could outwrestle him, no contest.

Maybe its just my pure unabided hatred for wiggers.. but come on.. seriously.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 15:11:59

At 8/30/05 02:41 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 8/30/05 12:19 PM, BadReligionSkater wrote: Someone at WWE hates the Tag Champs, huh?!
They have tag champs? I'd forgotten.

yeah, it's been so long. what are these tag belts u speak of. pretty soon they will remove the tag belts and just focus on the world and IC/US belts

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 18:09:59

At 8/30/05 03:11 PM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: yeah, it's been so long. what are these tag belts u speak of. pretty soon they will remove the tag belts and just focus on the world and IC/US belts

I really do see that day coming soon, and honestly can't figure out why they haven't done that on RAW already, perhaps because they're still putting a small amount of effort into the SD! version of the belts.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 18:58:52

At 8/30/05 06:09 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 8/30/05 03:11 PM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: yeah, it's been so long. what are these tag belts u speak of. pretty soon they will remove the tag belts and just focus on the world and IC/US belts
I really do see that day coming soon, and honestly can't figure out why they haven't done that on RAW already, perhaps because they're still putting a small amount of effort into the SD! version of the belts.

yeah, since animal came back they have a slight chance of making those betls hip again. but on raw they are dead. coem on we all know that once those 2 texas guys come to raw they will win andhold the betls for a super long time cause the tag team division is dead. no one wants to be a tag team champ. it is either the world champ or the US/IC champ. I say soon they will make the annoucnment that they are removing the tag belts due to the lack of tag team competion.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-08-30 19:07:33

At 8/30/05 06:58 PM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: yeah, since animal came back they have a slight chance of making those betls hip again. but on raw they are dead. coem on we all know that once those 2 texas guys come to raw they will win andhold the betls for a super long time cause the tag team division is dead. no one wants to be a tag team champ. it is either the world champ or the US/IC champ. I say soon they will make the annoucnment that they are removing the tag belts due to the lack of tag team competion.

One can only hope they're winning them will mean a revival of the division, but I had hoped that about La Resistance as well. Guys are still willing to form teams, it's just that when your working for a company that treats tag teams like they aren't even there, you're best bet is to just go out and be a singles worker.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature