00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

marbleheadzzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

99,771 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 10:32:46

WELCOME TO THE CAR ENTHUSIASTS CLUB

What is the car enthusiasts club?

This club is both a place of discussion as well as a lounge for people interested in anything car-related. This ranges from the release of BMW's state-of-the-art V6 engine, to your favourite motoring show, to the pros and cons of a Koenigsegg (see picture below).

Sounds cool. How do I join?

Joining is as easy as asking politely. All are welcome. Just be sure that you follow the club rules.

Ouch, rules. That doesn't sound good.

In fact, they are. They are simple, basic rules to ensure that this thread runs smoothly and that its members can garner as much enjoyment as possible from it. The rules are as follows: -

1. No spamming or flaming will be tolerated.
2. Please remain on-topic as much as possible.
3. Think before you type. I wish to promote funny/intelligent discussion on this thread, so I'd like to avoid "OMG dat car is soooooo kewl" comments if possible.
4. All other major BBS rules apply.
5. Enjoy!

Wait... have I seen this thread before?

I hope not. I dis several searches with the words "car", "motor", "automobile", "enthusiasts" and "lovers", as well other combinations, and came up with nothing.

If I still missed one, I apologize to the mods for taking up space with an unoriginal thread.

Anything else?

My final words:

I am sure (and sincerely hope) that I'm not the only petrolhead lurking about on these forums. My desire is for this to grow to be a very successful forum, and that its members enjoy both intellectual and humorous discussions here in a pleasant environment.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll be as eager to join as I was to create this club.
Now gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 10:40:17

Sounds cool. Count me in.

Nice layout, by the way.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 10:40:20

All I can say is... nice car!! :)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 10:42:27

Hey Rohan, thanks for joining (and the compliment!)

Sup UnknownFear, yeah it's pretty nice (wish I owned one!). Are you gonna join up?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 10:56:53

At 6/25/08 10:42 AM, MGSTroll wrote: Sup UnknownFear, yeah it's pretty nice (wish I owned one!). Are you gonna join up?

Ntm MGSTroll. Umm.. not at the moment, but I'll stick around and check out how the club goes :)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 11:09:20

Just looked up that Koenigsegg (the CCX I presume) that you posted the pic of. What a car!
My apologies for quoting Wikipedia, but...

"The CCX can accelerate from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds and from 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in 9.8 seconds. According to Koenigsegg it has a top speed in excess of 395 km/h (245 mph), although this has not been officially verified. On 15th June 2008, a standard fully equipped CCX was independently timed by SportAuto in achieving a record 0-300 km/h (186 mph) in 29.2 seconds, beating Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Porsche 997 GT2, Alpina B6 S, Corvette Z06."

What amazed me most was the calibre of cars it beat. McLarens and Lambos. Stunning.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 11:17:45

At 6/25/08 10:56 AM, UnknownFear wrote:
Ntm MGSTroll. Umm.. not at the moment, but I'll stick around and check out how the club goes :)

OK. I hope that the club will win you over someday soon ;-D

At 6/25/08 11:09 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Koenigsegg stuff

I know what you mean. I fell in love with that car the moment I saw it on Top Gear (which by the way is FINALLY back on TV).
Seriously though, the CCX is one heck of a machine. I imagine Jeremy Clarkson's face lloked somewhat like this after driving it for the first time.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 12:01:08

Top Gear's back? Damn, I missed it. When's it on?

P.S. I sigged this club.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 12:36:15

At 6/25/08 12:01 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Top Gear's back? Damn, I missed it. When's it on?

Sundays on BBC2 at 8pm (GMT). Good start to the series too. They did one of their disastrous "challenges"; create a new police car. Hilarious stuff.

Incidentally, I reckon that Top Gear is the best car show on TV.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 12:57:49

This club has brilliant potential to be awesome. I'm in. Really nicely done btw MGSTroll.

Anyway, yes. Top Gear is back! The 430 Scuderia made we want to cream my pants and the "police cars for under £1000" was epic. James' ice cream siren and Hammonds' "stinger trap" were the highlights. And then Clarkson losing one of his Boudicea wheels. Apparantly this series there's going to be a race involving a bullet train. Can't wait.

So, what's everyones' favourite car at the moment? For me, I still want a Lambo Gallardo Spyder. It looks sooo pretty and makes one hell of a noise. I like the Aston Martin DBS a lot too. It costs a lot more than a DB9 but like Clarkson said after he test drove it:

"You'll be at the traffic lights in your DB9, someone will drive up next to you in one of these and you'll want to kill yourself."

Your turn guys (Y)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 13:04:14

At 6/25/08 12:57 PM, BobbaQ wrote: This club has brilliant potential to be awesome. I'm in. Really nicely done btw MGSTroll.

Anyway, yes. Top Gear is back! The 430 Scuderia made we want to cream my pants and the "police cars for under £1000" was epic. James' ice cream siren and Hammonds' "stinger trap" were the highlights. And then Clarkson losing one of his Boudicea wheels. Apparantly this series there's going to be a race involving a bullet train. Can't wait.

So, what's everyones' favourite car at the moment? For me, I still want a Lambo Gallardo Spyder. It looks sooo pretty and makes one hell of a noise. I like the Aston Martin DBS a lot too. It costs a lot more than a DB9 but like Clarkson said after he test drove it:

"You'll be at the traffic lights in your DB9, someone will drive up next to you in one of these and you'll want to kill yourself."

Your turn guys (Y)

Guess I gotta see a repeat of that one, though if I know Top Gear it was undoubtedly hilarious.

As for my fave car atm, must be this one, the Saleen S7. Had it as my sig for a whiel, before I realized it was crap (the sig, not the car).

Anyway, here she is, in all her glory (why do people always call it "she"?).

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 13:11:55

Rohan, just noticed that you put the club in your sig. Thanks a bunch! Hopefully more people will notice and join up this way (that's why I sigged it too).

Hello BobbaQ, and welcome! I was getting worried that Rohan and I would end up as the only two members! If you wouldn't mind could you put the club in your signature? I see that you have quite a few already, so if you can't (or don't wanna) that's ok. I'm just trying to get the "word" as it were, around the BBS for new potential members.

As for this club, i know what you mean about its great potential. Cars are a near universal part of modern life, and I was shocked (and secretly delighted) that no club had been created. Hopefully it will become a truly great club.

In regard to my fave car, as you may have guessed it's the Koenigsegg CCX. Glad to see that you watch Top Gear too!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 14:32:59

I would put in my sig but I have no space left I'm afraid (dammit Tom :P). Sorry dude. The CCX is cool. It'll quite happily kill you if you lose it though, it's just insane. Don't really like the S7. Partly because it's American meaning it'll probably be hopeless when it comes to corners.

It's funny how the Yanks can build amazing things like the F-16 but when it comes to making a proper car they havn't got a clue...

The Ford GT (made from mostly European parts), GT500 and GT390 (Bullit) are the only exceptions to that above statement.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 14:48:13

At 6/25/08 02:32 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Don't really like the S7. Partly because it's American meaning it'll probably be hopeless when it comes to corners.

That's quite true actually. Just noticed one thing about the S7 though. From my pic it appears that it is such a cool car that you can park horizontally across two disabled parking spaces and not get a ticket! Just kidding.

As for insane cars, what about that crazy one they had on Top Gear that looked like an F1 car? The Caparo T1 I think. That WOULD kill you if you hit anything decent-sized at any speed. Can't believe the thing is road legal!

Here's a pic

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 14:48:56

Well, I have to admit, I've been addicted to a certain car for a while now...

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 14:52:17

BobbaQ - No worries about the sig, just glad to have you on board. I agree about the S7 though, fine on a straight but come to a bend and it's hopeless.

AmazingMushroom - Glad you like em! Wanna join?

Rohan - I remember Clarkson's drive of the Caparo, he nearly crapped himself from the look of it. And I agree, it seems much too dangerous to be road legal. I'm not complaining though!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 14:57:32

At 6/25/08 02:48 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Well, I have to admit, I've been addicted to a certain car for a while now...

I wonder which?

Seriously though, the Toyota Supra is a nice car (and a bit more affordable than a Koenigsegg)! It's pretty sleek as well as driving well. So SupraAddict, fancy joining up?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:04:24

At 6/25/08 02:57 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
At 6/25/08 02:48 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Well, I have to admit, I've been addicted to a certain car for a while now...
I wonder which?

Seriously though, the Toyota Supra is a nice car (and a bit more affordable than a Koenigsegg)! It's pretty sleek as well as driving well. So SupraAddict, fancy joining up?

Sure man, I can see this will go far :)
btw, where did you find that pic? I've never seen it before.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:17:44

At 6/25/08 03:04 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Sure man, I can see this will go far :)
btw, where did you find that pic? I've never seen it before.

Glad your on board, you're our 4th member after me, Rohan and Bobba.
As for the pic I got it off Google Image Search years ago, so other than that I can't help.
Would you mind putting this club in your sig?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:19:23

Ah the Toyota Supra, I've had a thing for them since Need For Speed: Underground. Nice pic MGSTroll btw.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:26:19

Glad your on board, you're our 4th member after me, Rohan and Bobba.
As for the pic I got it off Google Image Search years ago, so other than that I can't help.
Would you mind putting this club in your sig?

Funny you should mention that, I've joined up with 5 other clubs/crews including one that I lead. I am trying to link to all of them, but I went over the limit, apparently. I'm trying to work it out, but it's difficult.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:30:07

At 6/25/08 02:48 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: As for insane cars, what about that crazy one they had on Top Gear that looked like an F1 car? The Caparo T1 I think. That WOULD kill you if you hit anything decent-sized at any speed. Can't believe the thing is road legal!

Jezza was shitting himself when he drove that :P But, unfortunately that can't get round a corner either because there isn't enough downforce when you're driving at normal speeds. A real shame really...

The Supra is pretty fit and they're really reliable but I like the Skyline (R34) and the Evo (V, VI, VIII) more. The Impreza seems to get uglier every year lol.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:32:51

The Supra is pretty fit and they're really reliable but I like the Skyline (R34) and the Evo (V, VI, VIII) more. The Impreza seems to get uglier every year lol.

Tell that to him

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:37:30

At 6/25/08 03:32 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Tell that to him

Ironic, he can'tdrive for another few years (assuming his given age is accurate)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:43:33

At 6/25/08 03:30 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
Jezza was shitting himself when he drove that :P But, unfortunately that can't get round a corner either because there isn't enough downforce when you're driving at normal speeds. A real shame really...

True, not that you'd notice, you would probably be too busy trying to not be killed to death (thank you Richard Hammond for that expression).

I seem to have a fixation on cars that can't handle for shit. But then again, there is the odd exception...

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 15:46:15

I seem to have a fixation on cars that can't handle for shit. But then again, there is the odd exception...

Let me guess.... a Lotus Exige?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:03:54

At 6/25/08 03:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Oh so close. It's an Elise. A 111R to be exact. Good guess though. Lotus make really good-looking cars though, at least in my opinion.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:11:24

At 6/25/08 04:03 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 6/25/08 03:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Oh so close. It's an Elise. A 111R to be exact. Good guess though. Lotus make really good-looking cars though, at least in my opinion.

Crap,
I always get those two models mixed up X(

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:11:46

The Exige is an awesome car. Only get one if you're under 6'0" though. And have it in white and with a supercharger (220bhp or 240bhp) for more power...

POWEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:40:28

At 6/25/08 04:11 PM, BobbaQ wrote: The Exige is an awesome car. Only get one if you're under 6'0" though. And have it in white and with a supercharger (220bhp or 240bhp) for more power...

POWEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sweet car all right. Wouldn't mind having one, or one of these for that matter.

The Car Enthusiasts Club