00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reel2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top entries from 03/27/2024!

355 Views | 9 Replies
Respond to this Topic

I love the NG "house style" as much as anyone, but I really appreciate the variety of approaches today, from cell, to deep fried jpeg, to almost wiggle vision.

Congratulations to all the winners!

[edit: Watching and rewatching, I think @jerdymerchel 's #10 may be my fav today. It's just a wonderful nightmare.]

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 00:07:24

Congratulations for all the winners guys :D

ElRandomGMD (aka RandomToons)

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 00:20:17

Congrats to all the Winners! I really like what @GeeGuy did with the intro animation!

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 01:05:21

Congrats to all who won!

iu_1181133_9200308.png

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature

( f r o g r e v i e w - d a y 8)

Sorry if I'm late. I wanted this out before the hour was up, but I flushed my foot in the toilet.

Let's get on!

1st

OneyPlays clip, features Crash Bandicoot, those are always a good laugh (albeit not really original). Oh and he got Chris Hansen off Cameo.

As this is 1st place, I may need to hold the top spots to a higher standard, since they supposed to be the best movies of the day. I'm not saying this is a bad movie, but I've seen better and worse up here.

(1/3)

2nd

Cool intro, but the outlines are pretty janky. It's a typical Adobe Flash problem that a lot of animators run into, especially when there's zero pressure sensitivity. I myself had faced it early on in my animation journey.

As these are vector lines, It is possible to fix/clean those up, or even exaggerate certain areas, and it doesn't take that long if you're good at it.

Some of the techniques I've used include selecting certain parts and smoothening them, selecting and removing points, and erasing ends to make them sharper. I've also picked up a few tricks from RubberNinja's video

How to Animate With GREAT Line Art! [Adobe Animate / Flash]

Hopefully you can learn a thing or two!

(2/3)

3rd

Great animation and aesthetic, however I believe that teasers should try to opt out of awards. The reason for this is that once the movie actually comes out, you've effectively won an award twice for the same content and lessens the overall load for the latter movie. Otherwise I'd give this a 3 or beyond.

(2/3)

4th

Feels like something right out of the 20th century, warts (or rather splinter fetus goo) and all!

Once they pulled the splinter out and I saw what's underneath, I thought this would turn into an alien thing and come to life.

(3/3)

5th

This Wallace and Gromit parody made in 48 hours. As someone who has tried animating as quickly as possible, I can tell this is definitely on the jankier side. Even some of the audio suffered.

Otherwise it's a fun watch, especially for fans of the Aardman classic. Stay tuned for Aardman's own upcoming official W&G movie

I will note that Cut the Mustard consists of 5 people, two animators, a chracter designer, a storyboard artist, and a musician, so getting this film done in 48 hours is more so a sign of good teamwork if anything.

As a 48-hour animation, this would be about a 3 or higher, but against movies that may have taken weeks or even months to create, it comes close to a 2. Barely.

(2/3)

Overall, it's a good lineup, a lot of good intentions, but also a lot to talk about.

Ideally, the top spots should be better than the lower spots, or equally high if possible, but sometimes clout or other factors gets in the way.

Total Score: 10/15

Best / Favourite: Splinter

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 02:37:21

At 3/28/24 01:52 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: ( f r o g r e v i e w - d a y 8)

[...]

For those who are visually impaired, or simply need to hear AF in their head:

frogreview - day 8

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 05:34:00

Congrats to the winners!

Them daily reviews really are ambitious too @Anonymous-Frog, commendable initiative.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 06:54:31

Congrats to the winners and runners up!

Response to Top entries from 03/27/2024! 2024-03-28 12:08:42

congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- wamy :3

BBS Signature