00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MikremX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,106 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 12:21:42

Re: Fear Unlimited I2.

I share many of the criticisms already put forth, and haven't seen anything unique to these so I won't add to 'em.

However, the difficulty curve isn't SUPER bad - dying is not a bad thing since it saves all your little points and kills. So you can die 4387307 times, so long as you cumulatively kill 100 guys, you'll get your kill medals. Same goes for the upgrades. It's just a matter of grinding.

The grading system seems a bit weird. I haven't completed stage one yet so I dunno if you have to have an A+ when you FINISH or if it's based on your whole performance, or what. I man maintain an A++ in game but then on nick and it drops me to C or so.

Ah well, it's a work in progress. I'm sure the author will fix these bugs and make it more medal-friendly if people start ignoring his game.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 12:34:24

At 3/14/09 12:11 PM, Blackdrazon wrote:
At 3/14/09 12:09 PM, sirtom93 wrote: I went on quick match and threw my weapons at someone until they died, I did not get an achievement.
Like plenty of people have said, are you using Firefox with Adblock Plus? I mucked up the 100 Kills with the Arrow Gun (so... slow...) because of that.

No I am not using Adblock Plus. I already have other medals aswell.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 12:35:04

At 3/14/09 12:21 PM, Zerok wrote: However, the difficulty curve isn't SUPER bad - dying is not a bad thing since it saves all your little points and kills. So you can die 4387307 times, so long as you cumulatively kill 100 guys, you'll get your kill medals. Same goes for the upgrades. It's just a matter of grinding.

Yeah, that's the good side. Once I figured that out I kept playing (stupid medal whore, me is ^^).

The grading system seems a bit weird. I haven't completed stage one yet so I dunno if you have to have an A+ when you FINISH or if it's based on your whole performance, or what.

It says: "Stylish Average", but that can't be quite right. I stage 2 I never get hit and have a A++ rating most of the time, and yet I only get an average rating of D or C?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 13:43:45

At 3/14/09 12:35 PM, Haggard wrote: It says: "Stylish Average", but that can't be quite right. I stage 2 I never get hit and have a A++ rating most of the time, and yet I only get an average rating of D or C?

Weird.

Stage 1 I get A+ for that all the time, but I do get hit now and again.
I'll also get A+ for time but always a B for kills...

Before, A+, B and B = A total
But: A+, A+ and B also = A total.

>:\

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 14:27:50

At 3/14/09 01:43 PM, Zerok wrote: Stage 1 I get A+ for that all the time, but I do get hit now and again.
I'll also get A+ for time but always a B for kills...

That's because on higher difficulty settings, there are more opponents. I tried it on "Slayer", but at the end the game wouldn't finish the stage. Stupid glitches. :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 15:38:24

At 3/14/09 02:44 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Level 2 in FUI2 is unforgivable. This is a game that not even wylo can beat.

Ya i finally got half of her health and she still beats me.Maybe cause even if i increase my hp its still not eneought or damage weopans.Darm she is powerfull but dont use guns cause she will use too only melee attacks and u can do some damage.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 15:44:52

At 3/14/09 03:38 PM, q13qew wrote:
At 3/14/09 02:44 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Level 2 in FUI2 is unforgivable. This is a game that not even wylo can beat.
Ya i finally got half of her health and she still beats me.Maybe cause even if i increase my hp its still not eneought or damage weopans.Darm she is powerfull but dont use guns cause she will use too only melee attacks and u can do some damage.

Looks like we have to grind for health and weapon powerups on level one to have a real shot against her. Not a fun game.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 15:45:00

At 3/14/09 03:38 PM, q13qew wrote:

Just use the Down+D attack and trap her in a corner. Keep doing it until she's halfway up the sceen and jumps to make her "flying down attack". Stop using your weapon. She will miss you, because she lands too far left of you. When she lands, immediatly attack her with Down+D again. Rinse and repeat, until she dies.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 16:12:30

Fear Unlimited is a terrible game and I have no idea why it was chosen to have medals. I came close to beating level 1 with no damage taken, then my guy just froze. Any button I pushed just made him start making sound effects. I died shortly after. Now right when the game begins, I immediately get hit by an invisible enemy and fall under the level. When I jump up, I immediately get hit by the now visible enemy.

And where do you add points to increase your life? There is no option to do that even though the 'hints' tell me it would be a good idea to do so.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 16:33:22

At 3/14/09 04:26 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Okay so does anyone know how to beat the 3rd level? On the boss after a while he just blocks my sword.

I switched between the great down+d attack and the guns. Don't get too far away from him, though. He will just teleport and hit you pretty hard.

I guess he remembers your attack after a while, so when he blocks your sword, switch to your guns for a while (and keep jumping over him, so he can't reach you).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 16:39:47

At 3/14/09 04:18 PM, VitaminP wrote: To beat level two just jump and attack in the corner, she will just keep jumping into your attacks. Also does anyone know why I haven't got the 'A+ on level 2' Medal when I've done the requirment?
Pick to prove it

His A+ and complete the game medals seem to be bugged.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 16:59:21

So are you guys using the sword or the electric blades with all this Down+D nonsense? Because I started using the electric blades and have upgraded them to level 10 (no medal though, do they need to go to 11?)

Buggy medals are >:|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 18:00:33

At 3/14/09 05:20 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: The normal one is working just fine for me.

Sword. Or Electric blades?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 18:24:09

I am stuck at wade I can almost always get to him with at least full or near full health, but I cant seem to take him down....any help?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 18:49:20

At 3/14/09 04:18 PM, VitaminP wrote:
To beat level two just jump and attack in the corner, she will just keep jumping into your attacks. Also does anyone know why I haven't got the 'A+ on level 2' Medal when I've done the requirment?
Pick to prove it

Hey, you must do it in Insane of higher difficult, trying to do it in Mortal won't give you any achievement,

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 18:51:32

Fear is shit and makes me not want to earn medals.

Can't wait for some more non fighting games to come along with medals...

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 19:17:52

Anyone know how to get that "Secret" medal on portal defenders?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 19:47:03

At 3/14/09 04:59 PM, Zerok wrote: So are you guys using the sword or the electric blades with all this Down+D nonsense? Because I started using the electric blades and have upgraded them to level 10 (no medal though, do they need to go to 11?)

I upgraded the sword to 10 and got the medal.

At 3/14/09 05:20 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Also, I just got a really weird glitch, I got the level 3 without getting hit achievement, but I DID get hit... In fact, I had low health on the boss.

Had that, too. Got hit a lot, but yet I unlocked the "achievement".

At 3/14/09 06:49 PM, AioriaRox wrote:
At 3/14/09 04:18 PM, VitaminP wrote:
To beat level two just jump and attack in the corner, she will just keep jumping into your attacks. Also does anyone know why I haven't got the 'A+ on level 2' Medal when I've done the requirment?
Pick to prove it
Hey, you must do it in Insane of higher difficult, trying to do it in Mortal won't give you any achievement,

"any" is wrong. I got all my medals for this game on mortal difficulty.

At 3/14/09 07:17 PM, IamWeird33 wrote: Anyone know how to get that "Secret" medal on portal defenders?

Which "secret medal"? There is more than one on Portal Defenders.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 19:48:48

At 3/14/09 07:47 PM, Haggard wrote: Which "secret medal"? There is more than one on Portal Defenders.

They might be referring to the flub where in-game it has 20 medals but you can actually get 21.
In my case, it was the P-bot medal that was "extra."

*shrug*

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 19:54:20

At 3/14/09 07:48 PM, Zerok wrote: They might be referring to the flub where in-game it has 20 medals but you can actually get 21.
In my case, it was the P-bot medal that was "extra."

*shrug*

Same with me actually, was wondering where that came frm.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 21:00:43

They're MEDALS! Not METALS!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 21:44:37

So I beat Fear Unlimited, and can definitely say that medal is not coming up. The game is more of a grinding game rather than a "twitch action brawler" as the author describes it. In fact, the only twitching you'll do is in your hand as you button mash your way through.

Its not that difficult at all if you simply use the guns for the monsters that look like they come from Dead Space and the suicide bombers. And use Down+D for pretty much everyone else. Except for the bosses of course.

After beating the game I finally noticed the in-game achievements menu that was very well camouflaged. Its in the bottom right corner of the level select screen represented by an arrow above the music buttons. It totally looks just like one of the characters tattoos. And as expected, the game provides another glitch in that it doesn't even save your in-game achievements.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 21:48:33

OK, so I just completed 30min of play in FEAR Unlimited Issue2. And I've got to say, it's one of the most flawed games I've ever played here.

That games has several glitches. Disappearing on the floor, shotgun only working on the left side of the screen (try that), "attaching" to that bomb monster, overpowered enemies (even in the lightest difficulty)...

The staff should check again who they're giving the medals feature to.

Oh, and who think that THIS game should have medals? =P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 22:03:25

At 3/14/09 09:48 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: OK, so I just completed 30min of play in FEAR Unlimited Issue2. And I've got to say, it's one of the most flawed games I've ever played here.

That games has several glitches. Disappearing on the floor, shotgun only working on the left side of the screen (try that), "attaching" to that bomb monster, overpowered enemies (even in the lightest difficulty)...

The staff should check again who they're giving the medals feature to.

Oh, and who think that THIS game should have medals? =P
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/47 4371

NO! NO! NO!
Achievement unlocked does not deserve medals. Its just too redundant and too annoying to play. Stop suggesting this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 22:08:00

I want to see some medals for NG Brawl (Or whatever it was called, I completely forgot the name now)

I can actually 100% that one. Fear and Portal Defenders have been giving me a lot of trouble. Alkie Kong is just a matter of not making dumb mistakes like walking off the level or losing the key into a row of spikes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 22:13:52

At 3/14/09 10:08 PM, Mortikie wrote: I want to see some medals for NG Brawl (Or whatever it was called, I completely forgot the name now)

I mean Newgrounds Rumble.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-14 23:43:28

At 3/14/09 03:45 PM, Haggard wrote: Just use the Down+D attack and trap her in a corner. Keep doing it until she's halfway up the sceen and jumps to make her "flying down attack". Stop using your weapon. She will miss you, because she lands too far left of you. When she lands, immediatly attack her with Down+D again. Rinse and repeat, until she dies.

I was doing this for about five minutes and I only got her down to half health and then it glitched and I got stuck in the floor. Horrible, horrible, horrible game.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-15 00:11:31

General tip for FUI2.

The second melee weapon hits a LOT faster. You'll find enemies hardly ever get a hit in edgeways when you use this. But you can't used the Down-D as effectively.

I didn't get the glitchy Mission 3 No Damage Medal. Dammit, I wanted ONE glitch to work in my favour! Ah well, that level doesn't seem TOO hard to avoid getting hit on what with the nice, anti-carpal tunnel gun you acquire.

Also, PAUSE is CTRL.

>:|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-15 00:21:59

At 3/14/09 06:24 PM, Cobra82 wrote: I am stuck at wade I can almost always get to him with at least full or near full health, but I cant seem to take him down....any help?

Well, don't bother hitting the zombies unless they get in front of you and start to hit you, because anyway they'll re-spawn. Wade is a pretty easy boss once you get used to him, and he's not that strong. Just try getting straight to him and attacking, or maybe reach him going up or down to avoid his attacks (which don't have a long reach anyway). Attack as many times as you can while he's in the air, and if you have enough timing, you'll be able to attack again after he stands up. Meh, just keep practicing and you'll get used to it ;)

At 3/15/09 12:11 AM, Zerok wrote: Also, PAUSE is CTRL.

Yeah, it says that in the controls menu, which for some reason is called "manual"...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-15 02:45:45

I've noticed that there is now more than one game with medals (as it is now extremely obvious), so despite it being asked multiple times before, are medals open to everyone using them yet? If so, how do I put them in my game? If not, does anyone know when they will be open for everyone's use? I checked all of Tom's recent news posts and couldn't find the answer...

Ye