00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,300 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 05:49:16

At 3/12/09 12:54 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Ok, I am having problems getting Artifact 19 to load for me. I got all my achievements but that (25/26) theoretically Artifact 19 should load on its own, but it hasn't. All I get is beretta, thompson, and lead pipe as my new starting items. No artifact 19. anyone know how to fix this?

A lot of people were doing this wrong and it was discussed and explained a lot on the last page ;)

You might have all medals, but if you closed the game after you got one, the game does not count the achievement. And you need to have those achievements ingame(!) before you get Artifact 19.

I suggest you start a new game, press pause, go to the achievements section and compare it with this page. You only need to get all the weapon achievement so don´t bother with "Over 9,000!" and all that stuff. Once you got them all, the game will give you artifact 19 at the beginning of a new game.

Note to Zerok: You might wanna update your first post every now and again, stating the games that have medals and perhaps clearify problems and questions that a lot of people have. Such as the one mentioned above ;) Just to prevent most of those people from asking the same over and over again without reading 1 page back like they do now...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 07:53:40

Guys any other tips to what should i do to have artifact 19 i have all the acvheiemnts but still dont have it when i start.I listed all the weopans:(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 10:08:48

At 3/12/09 05:49 AM, Auz wrote: Note to Zerok: You might wanna update your first post every now and again, stating the games that have medals and perhaps clearify problems and questions that a lot of people have. Such as the one mentioned above ;) Just to prevent most of those people from asking the same over and over again without reading 1 page back like they do now...

I would, if you could edit posts on NG.

:O

That's one advantage blogs have over threads.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 12:05:28

At 3/12/09 07:53 AM, q13qew wrote: Guys any other tips to what should i do to have artifact 19 i have all the acvheiemnts but still dont have it when i start.I listed all the weopans:(

Read my post above you ;)

At 3/12/09 10:08 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/12/09 05:49 AM, Auz wrote: Note to Zerok: You might wanna update your first post every now and again, stating the games that have medals and perhaps clearify problems and questions that a lot of people have. Such as the one mentioned above ;) Just to prevent most of those people from asking the same over and over again without reading 1 page back like they do now...
I would, if you could edit posts on NG.

O
That's one advantage blogs have over threads.

Yeah, but I mean in the way the screenshot archive is updated. Like, make a post on the top of every page or so with a little FAQ answering the most asked questions.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 12:47:45

How does one get an execution? Seriously I know it's a different key, and I know where that key is, but I seriously don't know how to get one =3

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 12:55:26

At 3/12/09 12:47 PM, Gagsy wrote: How does one get an execution? Seriously I know it's a different key, and I know where that key is, but I seriously don't know how to get one =3

Shoot an enemy once. When he's stunned, run to him and hit the F-key.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 12:55:36

Easiest way as I have disambiguated from other members' statements and my own opinion:
Press middle mouse button, thwack them over the head, then immediately hit F.
Wait a white, bam. Execution.
Then scroll middle mouse button back to the weapon of your choice.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 12:56:22

At 3/12/09 12:47 PM, Gagsy wrote: How does one get an execution? Seriously I know it's a different key, and I know where that key is, but I seriously don't know how to get one =3

Well for easy as i did it throw at your eenemis and when u did be close to them and push every second f f f and it wil happen.

Darm i could get all achveieknts because the artifact 19 never came to me from the ff evething :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 13:01:21

I'm kind of disappointed by thing thing arena and its medals. I mean, the game itself is allready pretty repetitive, and the medals are even more so. There are a couple fun interesting medals, but most of them are super easy and super repetitive and honestly kind of boring.

I think that Portal Defenders is the best example of good medals right now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 15:08:06

At 3/12/09 12:05 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah, but I mean in the way the screenshot archive is updated. Like, make a post on the top of every page or so with a little FAQ answering the most asked questions.

Oh, I see.

I was considering doing something like that "what games have medals," - trick is to time it right. We might have to settle for "posted once per page" or something, like the Stickam Room is in their thread.

It might be easier to get all that info (especially the FAQ) onto a blog and just post a link to the blog every page. I'll look into doing that sometime soon unless someone else wants to spearhead the effort (I've got a lot of school crap to take care of before the end of March).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 15:34:07

At 3/12/09 03:08 PM, Zerok wrote: It might be easier to get all that info (especially the FAQ) onto a blog and just post a link to the blog every page. I'll look into doing that sometime soon unless someone else wants to spearhead the effort (I've got a lot of school crap to take care of before the end of March).

I've already posted some FAQ stuff on my blog.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 16:24:21

Is there other way to get artifact 19?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 17:20:11

At 3/12/09 04:24 PM, q13qew wrote: Is there other way to get artifact 19?

No.The only ways is to kill 100 enemies with every weapon. It doesnt have to be all at once, but you do have to get each 100 kills with a weapon in a single game. After you get every weapon-based achievement, start a new game and you'll have it. This is the ONLY way to get it though. No cheats. No secrets. This is it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 17:21:19

At 3/12/09 04:24 PM, q13qew wrote: Is there other way to get artifact 19?

You mean besides (What I've been told) getting the in-game weapon achievements?
Not that I know of, if there is another way I'd love to know.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 18:17:58

I love glitches, well not really, at least not this one. You have to hit him at the exact moment he turns to the other side, which is pretty hard to do, considering his moves are random, I think.

At first I thought; "Neato, he won't throw barrels at me no more xD" , but that means he won't take damage from boxes either... In other words, I have to restart the game :o, I was so close to getting the 'survivalist' medal too. ;(

He can't hurt you if you touch him if he's like that.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 18:19:26

At 3/12/09 03:34 PM, Wylo wrote: I've already posted some FAQ stuff on my blog.

Jolly good!

Saves me some effort. =)
Feel free to try and link to said blog at the top of each page, with some sort of bolded text saying:

UPDATES, AND FAQ - Read this before asking for help.

See if it works.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 19:12:47

Isn't there somewhere a page on newgrounds where you can check which games feature medals?
I know we can check it here on the forum, but wouldn't it be useful if there was a pinned topic with the games that have medals, so we don't have to scroll through various posts to see which games contains medals?

Just my 2 cents

I'm loving this feature NG has made ^^ great job to the masterminds behind this

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 19:24:11

At 3/12/09 07:12 PM, PHL-Himself wrote: Isn't there somewhere a page on newgrounds where you can check which games feature medals?

There is no "official" page yet, since the achievements system is still brand new, but surely there will be one at one point.

However, Wylo made a news post with the current games with medals, which he will edit when they add new games, you may want to check his page often for changes if you don't want to bother with all these posts.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 20:29:50

At 3/12/09 07:21 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: God april is gonna be hard to beat it with since she dies so fast.

I found it harder to beat with Mike than anyone else. April's speed is her asset, so use it. You barely have to press the A button if you do it right. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 20:48:36

Hey, does anyone know how to CLEAR the achievements from Thing-Thing?

I want to get the medals but everything is still unlocked on this comp from silly Zerok getting them all. I start off with the Artifact 19 and I don't get medals like for when I do an execution. We cleared the cache, the offline data and it still shows all the stuff unlocked in game (but I have no medals).

Also Portal Defenders' "CLEAR SAVED DATA" button disappeared too! What's up with that?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 20:52:09

At 3/12/09 08:48 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Hey, does anyone know how to CLEAR the achievements from Thing-Thing?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to prevent cheating.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 20:55:44

At 3/12/09 08:52 PM, simon wrote: I'm pretty sure it's impossible to prevent cheating.

What sort of cheating?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 20:56:51

At 3/12/09 08:55 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/12/09 08:52 PM, simon wrote: I'm pretty sure it's impossible to prevent cheating.
What sort of cheating?

Let's say I wanted all the medals and I gave my password to Wylo to get them all for me.

This would prevent them from unlocking on my profile, but he would still have them.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 21:03:56

At 3/12/09 08:56 PM, simon wrote: Let's say I wanted all the medals and I gave my password to Wylo to get them all for me.

This would prevent them from unlocking on my profile, but he would still have them.

Well, that is certainly valid. There'd definitely be more medals whores than there would be legitimate shared-computer cases. Still, the whole password-donation for medal's sake would run a huge risk of account theft.

I guess making it impossible to clear it from a particular computer would just nip all of the drama at the bud.

Still, I can't imagine it's IMPOSSIBLE, unless the system actually uses NG logins and IP addresses to track this shit. I figure there's some sort of file on this machine that I can delete. Not that I'd want to circumvent any safeguards they have in place - it would just be nice if she could get her medals easily because they are sooo shiny. :3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 21:06:11

At 3/12/09 09:03 PM, Zerok wrote: Still, I can't imagine it's IMPOSSIBLE

It's not impossible I don't think, somehow my friend has managed to get some Portal Defenders medals on my computer, yet I already had them. I don't know what she did but.. she did it.

But yeah, complete theories, would be nice to hear a way around this in the future (if there is a way).

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 21:17:19

At 3/12/09 09:06 PM, simon wrote: It's not impossible I don't think, somehow my friend has managed to get some Portal Defenders medals on my computer, yet I already had them. I don't know what she did but.. she did it.

Same. Lauren has some PD medals. We had to use the Clear Saved Data button to get the unlocks straightened out, but evidently she got some medals even before that. Maybe this was before the API got updated to prevent a single machine from getting more than one set of medals.

Since this is still in beta (or so I assume), it doesn't pay to get too bent out of shape about it yet. We can test the IP theory by seeing if the computer next to mine has the in games unlocked (they're hooked up through a switch, which is tied to the campus network).

To double check, I'll find out our IPs.

Step 1 - our IPs are off by smidge, just the last number (68 v. 62).
Step 2 - on her laptop the in games are all locked.

So it's looking like it's computer based.

But yeah, complete theories, would be nice to hear a way around this in the future (if there is a way).

Yeah... I dunno if it's worth inviting all the system-abusers and password thieves when all we could do is find another computer that runs the game nicely. I don't really see any other way around it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 23:52:13

Ok first off wow impressive on this it links together a fun game with newgrounds so i like it and props to you

but it seems i cant play, i did remove my blocker , but now once the game loads up its all grey screen so any advice/tips on this matter??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 04:00:13

At 3/12/09 11:52 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: but it seems i cant play, i did remove my blocker , but now once the game loads up its all grey screen so any advice/tips on this matter??

i'm no expert, but first I suggest, refreshing the game, if nothing happens after three tries, check if your flash player is up to date.

WritingPad. |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 07:29:01

At 3/12/09 09:17 PM, Zerok wrote:
Yeah... I dunno if it's worth inviting all the system-abusers and password thieves when all we could do is find another computer that runs the game nicely. I don't really see any other way around it.

NO I WANT TO PLAY IT IN MY PAJAMAS!

There is now going to be a blood bath next game that comes out because we'll have to fight each other to the death to see who gets them here and who has to go to another building.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 08:36:18

Is there any way to find out how many bottles are in each level on alkie kong 2, it would be a great help to figure it out, I have tried, but i can only manage 23,

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature