00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,138 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-16 18:44:34

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-16 21:16:05

At 8/16/10 07:24 PM, Techno wrote:
At 8/16/10 06:29 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I still can't get over 42k on the "shaking" game. It's like no matter how I'm moving it the points are sporadic and sometimes completely stop adding for half a second. So, uhm, what the fuck do I do? Just say "fuck it" and label it as a shitty game that I'll never play?
U mad?

It goes by a cross-hatch grid. Not just by some full pattern. Before you reply any further, learn before you speak and you will look a lot less dumb.

Yeah, because I totally acted like I knew how it worked in the first place. Remember where I said I did? Oh wait. Are you serious? You're just pissed because I don't like you're shitty game. How about you take your own advice, okay?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-16 21:28:37

Oh, the drama.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-16 21:49:22

At 8/16/10 09:28 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Oh, the drama.

I was asking questions. I guess I type abrasively. But, he accused me of doing something I don't think I ever did. That kind of confused me.

I'm sorry if anyone is offended, but I guess I'm not a nice person.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 00:00:04

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 00:01:48

At 8/14/10 01:41 AM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I got as far as 1500, but it's just retarded. There has to be an easy level in it, but I haven't found it. I played it for an hour and thirty minutes.

I got 1,913 using "killer". I think if I garnered a few more points from the bullet attacks I could have pulled it off before dealing with the two super fortresses.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 00:12:16

At 8/17/10 12:01 AM, EdyKel wrote:
I got 1,913 using "killer". I think if I garnered a few more points from the bullet attacks I could have pulled it off before dealing with the two super fortresses.

I found a level that had 3 big ships and I was able to scrape by and get the2k score. 2,075 I think. I took like 100 cycles through random levels and 50 repeats levels, but I finally got the score.

Anyway, for strawberry shakedown, it seems that if your computer is slow, the clock skips areas. For example, one circle will give you 2k, another will give you 600. I can get the mouse speed up to 600-700. Not for an infinite time, but the average speed of it all is probably in the hundreds. So, if this isn't the problem, then there is something wrong with the game itself.

It's obvious I will probably never get that game completed, and if you're having the same problem, you probably won't either.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 00:49:09

At 8/17/10 12:00 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5643

Another game which the points don't add to your total.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 03:07:25

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 10:03:07

How in the world do you get the boss medals on clamflight?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 10:39:12

At 8/16/10 07:24 PM, Techno wrote:
At 8/16/10 06:29 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I still can't get over 42k on the "shaking" game. It's like no matter how I'm moving it the points are sporadic and sometimes completely stop adding for half a second. So, uhm, what the fuck do I do? Just say "fuck it" and label it as a shitty game that I'll never play?
U mad?

It goes by a cross-hatch grid. Not just by some full pattern. Before you reply any further, learn before you speak and you will look a lot less dumb.

You know, even though I'm not posting here with any regularity any more, I still drop in from time to time to see what's up and collect a few medal points. I'm only a 30-break away from finishing the pool game's medals. Your game is simple enough to be worth killing time with, so I was considering keeping it on deck as a frustration killer; whatever I'm working on isn't working, so go to your game and shake the mouse a bit to make some anthropomorphic strawberry dizzy.

However, your attitude when posting about your game has completely turned me off from it. I have absolutely no desire to ever play your game, because you are such an asshole. Someone comments that they have difficulty with it, and you insult them for it? That's not how a responsible developer should act, ever. Either deal with complains civilly, or don't respond directly to them at all. And being 17 is no excuse; you should know better by then.

As for the game itself, since I did play it at some point, the point requirements are far too high. If the only way to get a medal is to change your computer settings in order to affect the mouse's behaviour, then something is seriously wrong. I'm not changing my settings for a flash game on the Internet, and neither are most of your target audience. Take the point requirements and chop them in half, and you'll have fair medals. Add NG scoreboards to the game, and you'll have incentive for people to reach for the massive scores. That is what your course of action should be, given the feedback you're receiving.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 10:46:24

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 11:02:13

I was chris-marks, now I am DiMono. As it should be. Just posting that here so everyone can be on the same page about that.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 11:16:41

At 8/17/10 10:46 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: New game, now with icon. Didn't test the medals yet.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5776

Awesome, I hated the last game, now there's another one.. o_O

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 11:26:28

At 8/17/10 09:20 AM, duckyness wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5776

that game is tough... the wall jump is really tough to maneuver.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 12:05:39

At 8/17/10 12:49 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 8/17/10 12:00 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5643
Another game which the points don't add to your total.

Does any of the recent games add to the total? I mean, Wind Rider, Clamfight, Headplode, Sirtom's adventure...they all don't seem to add up. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't have time to check out other games, but I think something went wrong somewhere.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 12:21:35

At 8/17/10 12:05 PM, Nijsse wrote: Does any of the recent games add to the total? I mean, Wind Rider, Clamfight, Headplode, Sirtom's adventure...they all don't seem to add up. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't have time to check out other games, but I think something went wrong somewhere.

Ever since PsychoGoldfish gave us our rightful points any submission that got medals didn't give any points. The first submission to do this was Target-shooting and nothing has given us points since. Sirtom's Adventure does add to the total, but only because the medals were added before the change, they just needed to be fix. Also, has anyone notified PG of this, he may not be aware of what's going on?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 12:28:01

A: 8/17/10 11:16 AM, Zoljix wrote:

Awesome, I hated the last game, now there's another one.. o_O

Haha, lawl.

At 8/17/10 11:26 AM, YoinK wrote: that game is tough... the wall jump is really tough to maneuver.

I don't like the game that much either. The wall-jump and double-jump registration is bad, REALLY bad.

Also, according to me, the medals for Sirtom's Adventure DO add up. They are the last ones I've earned and my medal point total has changed.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 12:36:18

At 8/17/10 12:28 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I don't like the game that much either. The wall-jump and double-jump registration is bad, REALLY bad.

Also, according to me, the medals for Sirtom's Adventure DO add up. They are the last ones I've earned and my medal point total has changed.

A lot of people are putting medals in there game and submitting them even when they don't work.

It's getting ridiculous because of how simple it really is.

I can not put myself so high on a pedestal however, because the medals for Sirtom's game didn't work at first, but I fixed it.

I mean, if you're going to go through the trouble of setting up the API and implementing the medals, at least make sure they work at first. And if you're having trouble, PM someone who knows how to do it, like me or an admin.

I'm sure they'd love to help.

Mini rant over.

So how 'bout dem Red Wings?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 12:50:31

At 8/17/10 10:46 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: New game, now with icon. Didn't test the medals yet.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5776

Does anyone know if this game shows the "medal get" pop-ups?. I know that the original game does not do so, at least according to the description.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 14:39:46

Did waynerz99's posts just get deleted? :o

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 14:40:56

I don't think the medals work. One of the medals says that you can switch controls. I did that (right click menu), but it doesn't give me mah medal.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 14:44:33

Yeah my posts did get deleted. Was going to add them to a walkthrough on my page, but then when I went to replay those levels, I found out that each level is completely random. What a waste of time I spent in paint drawing them :(

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 15:19:26

did anyone mention that bungluwa has points now?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 15:23:14

At 8/17/10 03:19 PM, Jiedong wrote: did anyone mention that bungluwa has points now?

Nice find!

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 15:53:16

hey everyone!! i have been hard at work fixing the bugs in clamflight! im sorry you all had some problems with it, but it seems like everything has been resolved.

let me know if you encounter any other problems and i will to my best to rectify the situation!

thank u and keep playing CLAMFLIGHT!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 17:27:34

At 8/17/10 03:53 PM, clamclock wrote: thank u and keep playing CLAMFLIGHT!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5405

Thanks for the Update! :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 20:06:57

Any ideas on the secret areas in Wrath of Anubis 2?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-17 20:13:27

At 8/17/10 08:06 PM, KingExodus wrote: Any ideas on the secret areas in Wrath of Anubis 2?

How did you activate all four cores before you got the second one in binary?

Also on a serious note, is there a medal for switching the controls in the new wrath of anubis game? Couldn't figure that out.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.