00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Front Page Suggestion Thread

267,597 Views | 5,418 Replies

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-06-21 14:28:06

At 6/21/19 01:28 PM, Jackho wrote: The average rating this thing has gotten is inexcusable.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/733395

It might be an issue with how the video got encoded - it just failed to work on my PC. I'm re-processing it now.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-06-22 19:54:08

I’d like more audio and art personally

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-06-23 18:10:57

At 6/21/19 02:28 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/21/19 01:28 PM, Jackho wrote: The average rating this thing has gotten is inexcusable.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/733395
It might be an issue with how the video got encoded - it just failed to work on my PC. I'm re-processing it now.

About 30% of it is missing now... it had a full ending with credits, now it just cuts out mid-way through a scene. This submission is having some bad luck all round.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-06-26 07:46:05

For the contest's sake, and also it's cool art.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-07-23 09:02:12

Frontpage because good, quality, animation and it's Maxmoefoe innit.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-07-27 23:54:19

I'll leave this right here

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-06 13:03:30

This guys deserve way more recognition than what they're getting, definitely worthy of FP:

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-07 18:24:17

more pictures of spiderman!

iu_44942_1830776.jpg

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-10 02:23:01

I want the music loops they used to have on the front page, I do miss the old NG days

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-11 11:30:59

"Life is Snot" was an adorable and amazing little game but didn't even make daily top 5, WTF?

My newsfeed has random GameDev tips & tricks

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-12 19:57:01

Another great song that has gone under the radar

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-14 08:52:45

This needs a frontpage or I'll die

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-15 05:48:58

So much effort and creativity. Top notch stuff.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

BBS Signature

Top space on featured movies, please:

Also could frontpage:

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-20 21:54:54

I think this deserves the FP. It's latest piece from this artist and exemplifies his ability to use colors effectively along with an interesting use of color. It has a good sense of action that matches the color choice as well.

Crazy Artist, Roboticist and Programmer... that's about it.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-22 00:45:13

I think this is neat.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-08-30 05:29:20

Spoople knows.

BBS Signature

I fucking love Action Andy.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-09-12 14:12:12

Ngl, these are lookin killer.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

I have a radical suggestion for the Front Page.

Take the new idiot that keeps Front-Paging sketches and un-exemplary art and cave his face in. When I look at the Front Page, I want to see the recent best work, not doodles and borderline bad drawings. I already made a thread about this like one or two years ago, but it's only gotten worse. And the new wave of NG users must be from Tumblr or something because they can't tell what makes great art and they shower it all with praise...

And if it's the system (not a person) that's responsible, fix the system.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-09-15 14:06:00

At 9/15/19 01:56 PM, HenryEYES wrote: I get what you mean in a way, but most of the time stuff like that is frontpaged as a joke or to encorage smaller artists to do better.

I understand the joke one because I've seen it over the years, maybe once a year or two. But besides that, it should be about the work. Obviously having a bias towards a great artist is bad, I'm not saying no to new people, but the Front Page is supposed to be quality in general (not necessarily masterpieces).

And we still have the option when uploading art to check whether it's a sketch (meaning no entrance to the Portal) or not, and I've seen blatant unfinished sketches Front-Paged, which is absurd.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-09-15 17:08:04

At 9/15/19 01:39 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Take the new idiot that keeps Front-Paging sketches and un-exemplary art and cave his face in. When I look at the Front Page, I want to see the recent best work, not doodles and borderline bad drawings.

Show us a recent example.

BBS Signature

At 9/15/19 05:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 9/15/19 01:39 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Take the new idiot that keeps Front-Paging sketches and un-exemplary art and cave his face in. When I look at the Front Page, I want to see the recent best work, not doodles and borderline bad drawings.

Toonhole's an example of often having his stuff FP, but this one's very low effort by comparison to his usual: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/toonhole/emergency

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-09-16 02:42:15

At 9/16/19 01:13 AM, HipnikDragomir wrote:
At 9/15/19 05:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Four of those five pics were picked by Tom.

Of all those shown, I wouldn’t call them doodles, sketches or bad drawings. I have more of a problem with the Toonhole comic, but they usually do premium stuff and there isn’t too many comic contributors. I’ve never loved every single FP pic, but if I did I would either be gearing towards my tastes or being over-picky with selections.

I’ve said before FP is picked to keep things interesting and give other artists a chance. This is particularly important in a system where the userbase collectively will popularise the same homogeneous anime girls.

I follow this thread so I can see what people suggest and FP if I think they’re great suggestions. Seeing a complaint in an otherwise good humoured thread is a kick in the teeth, so I’d rather you posted suggestions for what you think should be FP’d instead.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-09-16 13:55:25

At 9/16/19 02:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Four of those five pics were picked by Tom.

Of all those shown, I wouldn’t call them doodles, sketches or bad drawings. I have more of a problem with the Toonhole comic, but they usually do premium stuff and there isn’t too many comic contributors. I’ve never loved every single FP pic, but if I did I would either be gearing towards my tastes or being over-picky with selections.

I’ve said before FP is picked to keep things interesting and give other artists a chance. This is particularly important in a system where the userbase collectively will popularise the same homogeneous anime girls.

I follow this thread so I can see what people suggest and FP if I think they’re great suggestions. Seeing a complaint in an otherwise good humoured thread is a kick in the teeth, so I’d rather you posted suggestions for what you think should be FP’d instead.

I'll stand my ground that none of them are FP material, but I respect Tom and I can see at least one possible reason for some of them is that they're clickbait meme material to get traffic. I still think there's a better way to handle it cos I don't like the homogeneous stuff either... At the very least I wanted to get the notion across for thought.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-10-05 06:58:50

Not very light or cheery, but I feel like it's important and good enough to deserve a frontpage.

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-10-10 21:55:06

Now let me tell ya, if this right here ain't some front page worthy material then I don't know what is!

It's got da Pokes, it's got da profanity, and it's got plenty of da funny! Triple threat!

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-10-30 10:27:50

The average score on this is criminal, probably the best lego animation I've seen on here and feat. lots of after effects.

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-11-04 11:16:04

BBS Signature

Response to Front Page Suggestion Thread 2019-11-04 15:38:40

These two have really neat concepts that were executed very well.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature