00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HighLlama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,633 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-17 19:56:41

At 10/17/17 02:59 PM, Fro wrote: (Pictures from facebook memory)

Immediately started salivating whilst looking at those McDonald's fries.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-17 20:22:57

At 10/17/17 07:56 PM, Alias wrote:

McDonalds fries are the only ones worth getting.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-17 22:43:07

At 10/17/17 05:54 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I aint judging you at all. I could eat half that.

But right now, it's about to get REAL in my kitchen.

I'm done. Yall come over and eat. Halloween treats!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-18 08:52:05

At 10/17/17 10:43 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

Give me all those pretzel sticks stat

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-18 10:11:36

At 10/18/17 08:52 AM, Alias wrote:

Give me all those pretzel sticks stat

I ate like 20 of them last night. I was drunk on pretzels.

I've still got plenty. Ima put your name on them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-18 10:13:59

At 10/17/17 08:22 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 10/17/17 07:56 PM, Alias wrote:
McDonalds fries are the only ones worth getting.

I've had some good fries at burger joints and bars, but when it comes down to it I want the greasy delicious McDonalds french fries.

I make thick cut fries and sweet potato fries at home all the time, but if McDonalds delivered I wouldn't waste the time.

Be right there, where is it in terms of the oak tree that we met under?

I always like going all out for the holidays with junk foods/sweets. My daughter loves to make them, I love to eat them.

At 10/18/17 10:13 AM, Fro wrote:
Be right there, where is it in terms of the oak tree that we met under?

It's 2 blocks away from the oak tree

I always like going all out for the holidays with junk foods/sweets. My daughter loves to make them, I love to eat them.

I made these for school.
But agreed, I love making seasonal foods.
Halloween is my most favorite holiday ever.
I spend alllll my money on Halloween!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-18 12:13:36

At 10/18/17 10:11 AM, SevenSeize wrote: I've still got plenty. Ima put your name on them.

Bag em & mail em. THNX!!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-20 02:50:10

Oh jeez, this thread gives me instant diabetes.

Need... candy... now!

Goodbye, diet #44. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi, I'm Eri! Loving Management, Office, Kissing and Escape Games. Working for MyHub, an intranet provider from New Zealand.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-20 04:02:24

I'm getting good at this..

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-21 10:53:07

Beignets!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-22 15:55:31

We made a bunch of caramel popcorn with candy corns in it. My girlfriend said I should take it to the office to share with my coworkers because there was no way we were going to be able to eat it all.

It never made it to the office or a picture album.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-24 19:46:53

At 10/20/17 04:02 AM, lumiorfo wrote: I'm getting good at this..

What sauce you use? Looks good af

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-25 03:20:21

At 10/24/17 07:46 PM, Alias wrote:
At 10/20/17 04:02 AM, lumiorfo wrote: I'm getting good at this..
What sauce you use? Looks good af

Pesto.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-25 21:55:03

Tonight I made some tofu marinated in a homemade garlic sauce served over a bed of rice, green onions, bok choy, and bean sprouts.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-26 13:44:55

Made a few things today.

First up, I got a bit more adventurous with my lentil soup. Usually I make one that's a bit bland and only has lentil, carrot and leek. This time I threw in some potato, onion, garlic and tomato puree plus a few random seasoning I had sitting around. It turned out nicer than my regular soup, but my notes for next time are to not add any leeks and go easier on the onion.

After that I made some bread (pic below) which turned out really good. Set a few slices aside and I've stuck the rest in the freezer, otherwise it'll get binge eaten or wasted. I'm still getting used to putting things I cook into the freezer. Feels weird to me for some reason. Mostly a bit paranoid about the re-heating of stuff.

Lastly I made a beef stew. First time I've tried making one and wasn't following any particular recipe, but I was picking out bits I liked from various recipes. For something so simple to make it was really good. It was just beef, onion, carrot, potato, mushrooms and garlic with a few sprinkles of whatever seasoning I had sitting about. This is definitely going to become a more regular meal for me, especially in the colder months.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-10-26 17:50:30

At 10/26/17 01:44 PM, Dean wrote:
After that I made some bread (pic below) which turned out really good. Set a few slices aside and I've stuck the rest in the freezer, otherwise it'll get binge eaten or wasted. I'm still getting used to putting things I cook into the freezer. Feels weird to me for some reason. Mostly a bit paranoid about the re-heating of stuff.

Lentil soup is great. that bread also looks good.

Lately I've been getting into making ramen. I've been using ginger root, garlic, a little soy sauce and sesame oil. I've also been experimenting using some baby bok choy, fish, and boiled egg added to the bowl after the broth is cooked, and I've tried the fish and bok choy cooked with the broth.

I have been using pho noodles though because I really don't have much else available in my area.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-10 18:39:25

Platter of brownies, from scratch, for a meeting tomorrow.

Working on a tall cake now.

Also, heretic, I too enjoy making ramen.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-10 18:48:21

At 11/10/17 06:39 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Platter of brownies, from scratch, for a meeting tomorrow.

Hedging your bets, eh? Brownies good call, wha kinda choco you use?

Also, heretic, I too enjoy making ramen.

FFS, actually bought GMO ramen by accident once... but who ever thought they'd poison poor college kids?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-10 21:27:57

At 11/10/17 06:48 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 11/10/17 06:39 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Platter of brownies, from scratch, for a meeting tomorrow.
Hedging your bets, eh? Brownies good call, wha kinda choco

I used boring old Hersheys powder and then some chocolate extract.

The icing is a buttercream I whipped up, then melted.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-11 06:58:48

At 11/10/17 09:27 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I used boring old Hersheys powder and then some chocolate extract.

Been a while since I've seen choco extract.. they claim almond extract is good for getting rid of cat's ear mites

The icing is a buttercream I whipped up, then melted.

No Dreamwhip? Good for you! Plug in hand mixer or the full blender?

BTW, has anyone ever had their stools (shit) turn sea green-blue after eating a good portion of Dreamwhip?
Bought a choco cake from Stop 'n Shop, had one slice after dinner. In the morning, got an unpleasant surprise.
Most of the cake was whatever they used for non-fridge icing. It's very sad that cake (seems to) cost more than the frosting (which is there to seal it against air).

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-12 17:04:48

@frequenters: @SevenSeize @Fro @lumiorfo @Dean @Heretic-Anchorite @VicariousE @Big-Boss @Porkchop @Jin @wolfe @everyoneelse

I'm looking for a crockpot meal for this Christmas! I normally do chili in the crockpot, but not this year! I'm feeding a family of four, so if you have any suggestions for any delicious/easy crockpot meals, let me know! (I have 4 crockpots...so I could theoretically have multiple things cooking at once)

A quick peruse through my Pinterest and I've thought about:
A crockpot honey baked ham w/ mashed potatoes & mac n cheese
Crockpot slow cooker spare ribs w/ baked potatoes
Crockpot Philly cheesesteak sandwiches
Any other ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-12 17:09:38

At 11/12/17 05:04 PM, Alias wrote: @frequenters: @SevenSeize @Fro @lumiorfo @Dean @Heretic-Anchorite @VicariousE @Big-Boss @Porkchop @Jin @wolfe @everyoneelse

I'm looking for a crockpot meal for this Christmas! I normally do chili in the crockpot, but not this year! I'm feeding a family of four, so if you have any suggestions for any delicious/easy crockpot meals, let me know! (I have 4 crockpots...so I could theoretically have multiple things cooking at once)

Any other ideas?

I did a crock pot french dip sandwich thing one time, and it was awesome.

I freakin love honey baked ham. I am trying to talk my family into it for Thanksgiving, because I hate turkey.

and yesterday I did crockpot boudin dip.
It is delicious as hell.
Boudin is delicious as hell.
But you guys probably don't know what boudin is.
And if you google it, you will be like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU SEVEN????'

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-12 17:57:25

At 11/12/17 05:04 PM, Alias wrote:
I'm looking for a crockpot meal for this Christmas!

Any other ideas?

I never cook in a crockpot, but the ideas you listed all sound good. Make them all, ya bish. I dare ya.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-13 00:23:49

At 11/12/17 05:57 PM, Big-Boss wrote:
I'm looking for a crockpot meal for this Christmas!

I never cook in a crockpot, but the ideas you listed all sound good. Make them all, ya bish. I dare ya.

Crock pot with fish tis good.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-13 10:05:27

Any other ideas?

I think the spare ribs or honey baked ham sounds like great choices. Try a little twist on the mac n cheese. We make a bacon buffalo chicken mac and cheese that is absolutely amazing. I'm lactose intolerant, but it's one of the few meals that I'll suffer over. It's worth it.

It's basically exactly what it sounds like, a couple different versions of your favorite cheese, some buffalo hot sauce flavored chicken, and crumbled up bacon. I'm sure pinterest would give you the basic idea and it wouldn't be very difficult to covert into a crockpot meal. We tend to do ours in the oven because of wanting the top layer a little crispy, but nonetheless worth a shot.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-11-13 20:26:45

At 11/12/17 05:04 PM, Alias wrote: @frequenters: @SevenSeize @Fro @lumiorfo @Dean @Heretic-Anchorite @VicariousE @Big-Boss @Porkchop @Jin @wolfe @everyoneelse

I'm looking for a crockpot meal for this Christmas! I normally do chili in the crockpot, but not this year!

Dude, me too. One thing I can't stress enough: cookbooks from last century, they're cheap, ingredients are likely familiar and they whet the brain. Never did ham proper in a crockpot, but have made pea soup (maybe after you've done the ham), beef stew, broccoli/potato (dried cheese, half n half/milk, etc) soup and goulash in one.

I'm kinda anal when it comes to those dishes, could probably cite the ingredients from memory, but all my paperwork's in storage costing me 3 bills a month. Bones make the crockpot meal, though if you wanna be 100% safe (and if you're making from cold/temp high) you may wanna tie up the bones in cheesecloth.

Best chicken soup I ever had, had a chicken foot in it, though it's rly only the glands in between the toe webbing that had the authentic chicken taste (if you remember what that is lol)

Oh also beet soup, a little rinsed sauerkraut, half chicken, half beef stock carton/canned stuff's ok. Turns yer turds reddish, but is a decent soup... a little sour cream on the side of the bowl helps too, dunno why

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2017-12-20 18:09:29

At 11/22/17 03:18 PM, Zymbot wrote: Made the cheesecake in advance.

I miss having this kind of cheesecake its so delish.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-01-04 14:55:30

Filet mignon with Southern baked beans and baked potatoes with butter last night. Filet mignon is the best.

BBS Signature

At 1/4/18 02:55 PM, Alias wrote: Filet mignon with Southern baked beans and baked potatoes with butter last night. Filet mignon is the best.

This looks really good I was gonna make steak and baked potatoe too but then got sick so then I prepared some vegitble soup I suppose I could make this soup from scratch but might not come out the same as this one.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature