00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WillTWisp3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,629 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-01 10:32:23

At 2/1/19 12:58 AM, Alias wrote: I baked chicken breast the other night and it was delicious. I used oil, chili powder, onion, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Coated both sides of the chicken and baked at 450 degrees for 25 minutes. Served with steak fries.

I've only ever made good chicken once. We seasoned and barbecued it, put it in the oven for a bit. (Just because my spouse is terrified that chicken may come out raw in the middle) Then we smoked it on the charcoal grill and it turned out awesome.

Usually my chicken turns out dry and flavorless, but not that time.

We are going to make chicken wings and nachos for the superbowl this weekend. We are also ordering out pizza tonight for movie night. You can say that I'm pretty excited for the next couple days of food to say the least.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-01 10:37:32

At 2/1/19 10:32 AM, Fro wrote:
At 2/1/19 12:58 AM, Alias wrote: I baked chicken breast the other night and it was delicious. I used oil, chili powder, onion, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Coated both sides of the chicken and baked at 450 degrees for 25 minutes. Served with steak fries.
I've only ever made good chicken once. We seasoned and barbecued it, put it in the oven for a bit. (Just because my spouse is terrified that chicken may come out raw in the middle) Then we smoked it on the charcoal grill and it turned out awesome.

Usually my chicken turns out dry and flavorless, but not that time.

We are going to make chicken wings and nachos for the superbowl this weekend. We are also ordering out pizza tonight for movie night. You can say that I'm pretty excited for the next couple days of food to say the least.

Mmm, what kind of wings are you making for the Superbowl? We're doing chili, cornbread, chips and dips, booze and dessert. All the staple football foods in my family.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-01 10:41:26

At 2/1/19 10:37 AM, Alias wrote:

Mmm, what kind of wings are you making for the Superbowl? We're doing chili, cornbread, chips and dips, booze and dessert. All the staple football foods in my family.

We are going to do a group plain with dipping sauces, franks hot sauce, ranch, etc...

Then we are going to do a couple of dry rubs ones as well. We were thinking garlic ,parmesan and old bay, but I'm open for suggestions on other flavors.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-01 10:52:03

At 2/1/19 10:41 AM, Fro wrote:
At 2/1/19 10:37 AM, Alias wrote:
We are going to do a group plain with dipping sauces, franks hot sauce, ranch, etc...

Then we are going to do a couple of dry rubs ones as well. We were thinking garlic ,parmesan and old bay, but I'm open for suggestions on other flavors.

Honey BBQ is my personal preference, but I like the idea of old Bay. Let me know how they turn out! Post pics!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-04 11:08:12

At 2/1/19 10:52 AM, Alias wrote:

Honey BBQ is my personal preference, but I like the idea of old Bay. Let me know how they turn out! Post pics!

Abort mission!

They didn't turn out too well. After two beers they tasted alright, but the pizza rolls and nachos were my go to for the rest of the night.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-09 21:18:41

iu_6772_5867179.jpgobsessing over easy-to-make sheetpan meals lately. Chicken breasts with honey, garlic, onion, pepper, petite potatoes and green beans. The chicken was so delicious and moist.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-09 22:14:23

At 2/9/19 09:18 PM, Alias wrote: obsessing over easy-to-make sheetpan meals lately. Chicken breasts with honey, garlic, onion, pepper, petite potatoes and green beans. The chicken was so delicious and moist.

Take out the green beans and I'd eat the fuck outta that.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-10 08:17:03

I'm about to cook boiled green beans in half an hour. If anyone is online @me when you post if you have tips before then.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-11 11:19:46

At 2/10/19 08:17 AM, belthagor wrote: I'm about to cook boiled green beans in half an hour. If anyone is online @me when you post if you have tips before then.

See comments below.

At 2/9/19 10:14 PM, Big-Boss wrote:
At 2/9/19 09:18 PM, Alias wrote: obsessing over easy-to-make sheetpan meals lately. Chicken breasts with honey, garlic, onion, pepper, petite potatoes and green beans. The chicken was so delicious and moist.
Take out the green beans and I'd eat the fuck outta that.

The only way I've found to enjoy green beans to to put them in the oven with garlic, butter, and Parmesan. We eat them a lot just from a steam-able microwave bag, but whenever we get fresh ones or canned ones from somewhere we try to make them in the oven instead.

It's a common meal for us to make potatoes, green beans, and pork chops in the oven just like Alias did though.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-01 13:58:22

iu_10243_5867179.jpgMarinading deer steaks for dinner tonight (this was before I shook it all up, making sure it was evenly coated). Gonna fry potatoes and make some Cole slaw also.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-02 12:22:25

At 3/1/19 08:48 PM, CoolCatDaddio wrote: anyway, I havent posted here in years, but im about to make some rice with green beans. maybe ill document it here later

Nothing better than some rice with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-02 16:06:34

At 3/1/19 01:58 PM, Alias wrote: Marinading deer steaks for dinner tonight (this was before I shook it all up, making sure it was evenly coated). Gonna fry potatoes and make some Cole slaw also.

For some reason this picture made me think of the commercial where the sushi worker is out and they have some random guy preparing the food. "This fish is raw...."

I haven't had deer steak quite awhile. A few years ago one of my employees would bring back deer jerky and bologna during hunting season. I miss that stuff with a passion.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-04 01:12:29

At 3/2/19 04:14 PM, GoldenHeartedJerk wrote: if you are new to cooking, what is the best meal to make?

I would start with pasta and sauce. There's not much you can mess up with and you can work in meatballs, sausage, and other things like chicken parmesan.

That or bacon and eggs. You can do a ton of fancy stuff with eggs and you'll discover a lot of flavors when adding different stuff to them. Onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc... I had find a great combination of those things where my daughter asked me to make her those eggs every weekend becaude she thought they were so good.

To be honest if theres a recipe to follow you can probably make almost anything beginner or not.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-04 11:35:23

At 3/2/19 04:14 PM, GoldenHeartedJerk wrote: if you are new to cooking, what is the best meal to make?

Like Fro said, spaghetti & pasta is easy, quick, and delicious and there's a ton of variations.

Spaghetti and sauce

Spaghetti and sauce and meatballs

Spaghetti and sauce and beef

Spaghetti and sauce and venison

Spaghetti and sauce and sausage

Fettucine noodles and Alfredo sauce

Fettucine noodles and Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken

Fettucine noodles and Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken and grilled brocolli

Aside from pasta:

Subs (toast sub buns), can melt cheese/meat, add toppings like lettuce, tomato, etc after toasting

Pancakes

Stir fry; beef tips, peppers, noodles if you desire

Make a box of Mac and cheese and add some beef; homemade hamburger helper!

Those are just a few I can think of right away!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-09 20:36:15

iu_12278_5867179.jpgMilk chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzels sticks with sprinkles. These were delicious! Perfect blend of sweet and salty and super easy to make.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-09 20:40:53

At 3/9/19 08:36 PM, Kiwi wrote: Milk chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzels sticks with sprinkles. These were delicious! Perfect blend of sweet and salty and super easy to make.

Gimme

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-09 20:42:40

At 3/9/19 08:36 PM, Kiwi wrote: Milk chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzels sticks with sprinkles. These were delicious! Perfect blend of sweet and salty and super easy to make.

Weird thing, but try it sometime if you haven't...

Chew up some hard pretzels and while it's still in your mouth drink some chocolate milk. It has a nice sweet and salty combo.

At 3/9/19 08:42 PM, Fro wrote:
Weird thing, but try it sometime if you haven't...

Chew up some hard pretzels and while it's still in your mouth drink some chocolate milk. It has a nice sweet and salty combo.

😂😂 That sounds good and interesting!

BBS Signature

iu_13083_5867179.jpgi went through a baking phase for a few weeks. French vanilla cupcakes with pink buttercream frosting. They were so large and moist, a replica of cupcakes I made last month.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-13 17:20:42

Made General Tso Chicken from scratch using chicken thighs.iu_13180_1062819.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-13 17:21:09

At 3/13/19 05:20 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Made General Tso Chicken from scratch using chicken thighs.

iu_13182_1062819.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-13 22:39:12

At 3/13/19 05:21 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 3/13/19 05:20 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Made General Tso Chicken from scratch using chicken thighs.

That looks like it turned out great. Was it worth making that way both financially and taste wise compared to buying some frozen package?

At 3/13/19 10:39 PM, Fro wrote:
That looks like it turned out great. Was it worth making that way both financially and taste wise compared to buying some frozen package?

How much are you willing to spend if you dont mind me asking. I probably spent 30 bucks on non meat ingredients. The thighs are gonna be the most expensive, but you can make ALOT of portions. Example, you could get 40 lbs of frozen thighs for 48$

You could make the recipe for a long time..

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-14 00:54:04

At 3/13/19 11:24 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 3/13/19 10:39 PM, Fro wrote:
How much are you willing to spend if you dont mind me asking. I probably spent 30 bucks on non meat ingredients. The thighs are gonna be the most expensive, but you can make ALOT of portions. Example, you could get 40 lbs of frozen thighs for 48$

You could make the recipe for a long time..

We buy a frozen pack of vegetables and the chinese chicken frozen for about $10 total. Its serves three of us for dinner with no left overs.

Just trying to compate the cost of that towards the ingredients. Looks like we actually have everything in the house already, but if it broke down to be more than $3.33 a serving then it wouldnt be worth it to me.

That and we only have this meal on a busy night of the week because its just 20 minutes on the stove.

Yours looks much better than what the frozen one looks like though.

Most nights are busy nights during the week so we really don't cook cook until the weekend.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-17 18:20:48

iu_13999_5867179.jpgi used a bread machine for the first time ever! This bread is soooooooo good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-18 15:15:07

At 3/17/19 06:20 PM, Kiwi wrote: i used a bread machine for the first time ever! This bread is soooooooo good.

That is avery good lookin bread well done

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-19 19:06:50

Tonight its orange chicken over some white rice yum yum

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-20 17:44:02

iu_14498_5867179.jpganother successful crockpot meal of chicken, potatoes and green beans. The spices I added to this one had my whole house smelling soooooooo good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-23 20:24:40

I give you my own recipe- Apple Relish

Apple Relish is a very cheap-to-make, simple recipe of how to use excess apples. It is comparable to Apple chutney, but uses freely available garden herbs, not spices and no added sugar, so it is not so sweet.  It is also comparable to apple sauce, but herby, where apple sauce is usually plain or spicy.  It seems to keep OK for three days in the fridge, but contains no preservatives.

Ingredients

200ml Water

500g Apples

1 level teaspoon salt

40g mixed fresh herbs such as mint, marjoram, lemon balm, chives, fennel. Not too much of one herb.

Peel, core and chop the apples. Chop and bruise the herbs.

Put all the ingredients into a pan and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, mash the apples- they only need a light press with a fork. 

Serve -In a side dish with salads, meat, barbecues, adding interest to sandwiches etc.

iu_15084_1351771.jpg

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-03-24 18:20:01

Oh shiiiiiit it's ya boi Porkchop with my first cookout since my daughter was born! Marinated chicken leggies, marinated pork belly strips, and roasted garlic smoked sausages. Not pictured is the rice and green beans! What's good, everyone?

iu_15220_2348722.jpgiu_15221_2348722.jpg

BBS Signature