00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Name a very unknown game

5,929 Views | 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Name a very unknown game 2017-03-11 00:49:51

I wanna play some underground stuff
And for those who wanna do the same, my input would be The Bee Game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-11 01:37:33

If you've never heard of Naughty Bear, check out this trailer

it's worth buying this load of dog shit just to laugh your balls off for about 3 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAxgPR0yU

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-11 09:23:22

At 3/11/17 01:37 AM, Piemix wrote: If you've never heard of Naughty Bear, check out this trailer

it's worth buying this load of dog shit just to laugh your balls off for about 3 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAxgPR0yU

My sister got this for me when I first got a 360. It was fun for a short time. My dad thought it was something satanic.

Anyways, unknown games... I can think of a few. Most of them are older though, any particular preferences?

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-11 12:31:46

Monkey Hero for the PS1. It's a ripoff of Link to the Past and Legend of Mana, and one of the very very few games in the PS1's library that doesn't work on the PS2.

Name a very unknown game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-12 05:32:46

Pinobee, i play it in my playstation when was a child, and get scared for the bad ending, but maybe, just maybe can replay it in a emulator.

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-12 11:23:29 (edited 2017-03-12 11:24:10)

Bushi Seiryūden: Futari no Yūsha by Game Freak. It was one of the last SNES games, made between Pokemon RG and GS. Sugimori's art is impossible to miss in this one.

Name a very unknown game

There's more of us on Youtube. Join the JT Starr Movement!

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-12 19:13:06

I don't know.
Terao No Dosukoi Oozumou?

It's an NES RPG (because turning everything in a Dragon Quest/Warrior clone was all the rage back then) about sumo wrestling.

Name a very unknown game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-14 02:11:11

Fear Effect

It has the perspective like the first three Resident Evil games, based in a cyberpunk world, puzzles, I'm not too sure if it's unknown because when it comes to Playstation games all I think are Spyro, Crash, Tekken, and Resident Evil

Name a very unknown game

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-14 11:04:27

i can't believe it's not here already...

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-14 11:07:28

At 3/14/17 11:04 AM, EoD696 wrote: i can't believe it's not here already...

That's because i said unknown games

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-14 11:12:35

At 3/14/17 11:07 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 3/14/17 11:04 AM, EoD696 wrote: i can't believe it's not here already...

That's because i said unknown games

I guess I'm unclear on where you draw that line...

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-14 11:22:28

At 3/14/17 11:12 AM, EoD696 wrote: I guess I'm unclear on where you draw that line...

This was still unknown to me though

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 02:07:11

Is the Deception series "unknown" enough?

It's a series of games where you kill enemies using only traps, such as boulders dropping from above, bear traps, arrows shooting through walls and so on.
You can set a series of them in a specific order, allowing you to bounce the invader from one trap to another, creating a sadistic Rube Goldberg machine combo.

However, you may need to do some fancy footwork to lure invaders into those traps while dodging their attacks.
Some invaders have resistance or even immunity to your traps (like a lightning mage will be immune to electrocution traps), so choose your traps wisely.

The latest in the series is Deception IV: Nightmare Princess, for the PS3, PS4 & PS Vita.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 02:15:10

monster madness

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 02:45:00

At 3/11/17 12:31 PM, Jackho wrote: Monkey Hero for the PS1. It's a ripoff of Link to the Past and Legend of Mana, and one of the very very few games in the PS1's library that doesn't work on the PS2.

I too watch vsauce, but back on topic typing of the dead over kill is what id think is least known out of the games i own

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 03:35:34

Sudeki is a lot of fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 04:38:57

tibia

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 06:26:13

Play this!

Drakan:OotF

I'm an advocate for old little known games and this is one of my all time favorites(Not the greatest games of all time, it has some issues but it's a great pre 2000 game). To play this you need some patches but is easy to set up.

Here you can find some downloads for it and the community

Also this if you can.

Name a very unknown game

It's good to learn something new every day!

Trying to develop games, music and art.

Follow my work!

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 09:02:13 (edited 2017-03-16 09:03:30)

Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 1 and 2 both for the Gameboy Advance (but you can probably just download then in a cellphone emulator mhnnhnhn).

Two great tactical RPGs featuring giant robots, good animation, awesome and funny characters, amazing music and a quite intriguing story. The first one doesn't have all that good animation quality, but the second... *whistle*. I still recommend you play the first game just to get to know the characters, since even in the first game, the character building is still very good. But play the first stage of the second game, just so you can have something to look forward too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-_NWpIlaZY

Here, one of the songs of the games. There's many more in the first, and the second has all the best ones.

(a tip, use headphones when listening to the music, your left and right ear will both appreciate their respective parts)

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 11:57:39

At 3/16/17 02:45 AM, asdfsilax wrote: I too watch vsauce

I can't think why Monkey Hero would ever show up on vsauce, but I haven't seen that video. I had the game as a kid and when I got a PS2 I thought the game had just quit working, I never even considered it might not be compatible at the time since that was basically unheard of.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 14:06:03

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom, by the same guys who made Dark Souls (i.e. From Software).

Subculture, made by Ubisoft.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 14:10:24

No one ever talks about Turok anymore.

one of the best games ever

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 21:04:16

At 3/11/17 12:49 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote: I wanna play some underground stuff
And for those who wanna do the same, my input would be The Bee Game

Destroy All Humans. It used to be popular and gained a little bit of recognition a while ago, but overall it's underground. Specifically big willy unleashed.

hi how are ya

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-16 22:35:24

Raid on Bungeling Bay was something my brother and I received from a hole-in-the-wall video store back in South Florida. That place, and the entire L-shaped strip mall, were torn down a few years later, leaving only the convenience store. The box art looked interesting, but the game was frustrating to figure out.

Name a very unknown game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-17 00:03:56

Billy Hatchet from the GameCube era.

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-17 00:07:45

At 3/14/17 02:11 AM, spazz0id wrote: Fear Effect

It has the perspective like the first three Resident Evil games, based in a cyberpunk world, puzzles, I'm not too sure if it's unknown because when it comes to Playstation games all I think are Spyro, Crash, Tekken, and Resident Evil

She loks like Faith from Mirror's Edge.

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-18 20:42:33

At 3/16/17 10:35 PM, Phronemophobia wrote: Raid on Bungeling Bay was something my brother and I received from a hole-in-the-wall video store back in South Florida. That place, and the entire L-shaped strip mall, were torn down a few years later, leaving only the convenience store. The box art looked interesting, but the game was frustrating to figure out.

I actually used to play that. Sorta loved exploring but couldn't figure out what exactly to do. There were targets to shoot and targets to bomb and depthcharge, but there was no goal that I could see.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-18 20:56:05

At 3/18/17 08:42 PM, Troisnyx wrote: ...but there was no goal that I could see.

You blow up six factories. It takes every bomb you can carry to wipe out each building, so you must maneuver yourself back onto the carrier (good fuckin' luck with that!) after each one. You must allow yourself to come to a complete stop to refuel and then go after another. As you take each one out, the CPU gets more aggressive and even attacks the carrier, so you gotta go and defend the ship or else it sinks and you eventually crash from lack of fuel. It took me a long time to figure it out, the purpose and the controls. Quite a challenge though. A fair one, which was rare back then. Meanwhile, Rare wasn't Rare back then. It was Ultimate Play the Game. Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk!

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-22 21:27:48 (edited 2017-03-22 21:28:30)

I don't know if this was popular in the us but this was the shit in my school : http://mybrute.com/ That feeling when your friend had a bear and not you ;(

Later this was inserted in twinoid with a way better update to the game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-23 04:04:09

How about Sentinel Returns from PS1? I vaguely remember playing a demo of it...