00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO!

35,830 Views | 87 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 16:29:33

At 5/28/17 03:58 PM, Bangiras wrote: Just to be sure, how much time is left to submit your game?

Less than 7:30 hrs I believe

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 16:50:31

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 17:36:33

Submitted our game!
Managed to do it just during the weekend because LIFE.

Give it a spin and vote it up in the Portal if your enjoyed it :)

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 20:11:27

I don't think will be abled to finish my game in time it was fun though.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 20:27:20

Don't worry about finishing now, Scirra/Construct Team ended the jam license four hours early. Would've been nice to be able to submit!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 20:45:13

Can you still send the game? As I live in another country I do not know in what time zone the deadline is. But did Scirra take the full capabilities of the C3 before the jam closes? Why did they do this ??

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 20:53:11

At 5/28/17 08:45 PM, KnightLight wrote: Can you still send the game? As I live in another country I do not know in what time zone the deadline is. But did Scirra take the full capabilities of the C3 before the jam closes? Why did they do this ??

I didn't export before the license ended. Yes, they killed the license 4 hours before the jam closes. Presumably, they were bone-headed about timezones (they're in London, the jam is based on EST, so fours hours difference). So no luck for me it seems.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 21:14:40

I need to implement audio in my game! Those last hours are crucial to my team

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 21:40:33

At 5/28/17 09:14 PM, marcosfl wrote: I need to implement audio in my game! Those last hours are crucial to my team

Bummer for this to happen in the final hours - hoping to get window lengthened and let entries arrive late.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 21:53:58

At 5/28/17 09:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/28/17 09:14 PM, marcosfl wrote: I need to implement audio in my game! Those last hours are crucial to my team
Bummer for this to happen in the final hours - hoping to get window lengthened and let entries arrive late.

Glad to hear this. I hope so. We really wanted to deliver the best game possible, and for that we have to use as much time as we're given

Me and "tentaclestrudel" finished our game for the jam <3

Now to play the games of other people :3

How do I get out of "Under Judgment"?

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-28 22:50:55

At 5/28/17 10:35 PM, Bangiras wrote: Me and "tentaclestrudel" finished our game for the jam <3
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694180
Now to play the games of other people :3

How do I get out of "Under Judgment"?

Tell your friends, your facebook friends, your twitter friends, your whatever friends to drop by, play and - most importantly - VOTE so your entry is worthy of staying in the NG Portal :)

Good luck to everyone!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 00:00:29

Did anybody else have trouble with their game loading after you submitted it and published? Cause I just have a black screen?

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 00:04:55

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 00:24:29

I can't believe it everybody elses game loaded except for mine....two weeks down the drain bro....Like its not even about the game jam anymore I need to get this to work, I don't want to look stupid infront of the gaming community. so any suggestions? Idk whats wrong with it? I still have the zip file. I exported it Html5 and uploaded to the Html5 slot. idk whats going on?

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 00:30:22

At 5/29/17 12:04 AM, AvixGames wrote: Yey! We did it :)

You can now play Royal Cats
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694183
Great jam <3

Nice Game well polished I like it!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 06:50:10

Hi all,

Sorry for license ending a bit early for some people. We've extended the free full featured version until Saturday as an apology - and there will be a small grace period to upload your games for this jam I believe! (Am in touch with Tom). If you go back to your games, you should now be able to resume editing/uploading.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 07:37:19

Just spoke to Tom. To confirm, you have until noon tomorrow to submit your games if you missed the deadline (that's just shy of 24 hours from the time of this post).

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 08:21:35

At 5/29/17 12:24 AM, GaskinDesign wrote: I can't believe it everybody elses game loaded except for mine....two weeks down the drain bro....Like its not even about the game jam anymore I need to get this to work, I don't want to look stupid infront of the gaming community. so any suggestions? Idk whats wrong with it? I still have the zip file. I exported it Html5 and uploaded to the Html5 slot. idk whats going on?

@174nana uploaded a ZIP that was initially a blank screen as well. @174nana how did you fix that?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 22:52:07

Hi everybody!
Just found this site has stole some of the gamejam games, as Royal Cats, and DUCKS!
http://kbhgames.com/royal-cats/
Is there something we could do to avoid this from happening?

Thanks for the info !

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 23:49:14

At 5/29/17 12:24 AM, GaskinDesign wrote: I can't believe it everybody elses game loaded except for mine....two weeks down the drain bro....Like its not even about the game jam anymore I need to get this to work, I don't want to look stupid infront of the gaming community. so any suggestions? Idk whats wrong with it? I still have the zip file. I exported it Html5 and uploaded to the Html5 slot. idk whats going on?

Things you can do:
1) Try to export again. Might just work
2) Try to export and leave all the compression, minify and stuff unckecked
3) If all fail, try to upload to itch.io instead of NG

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 23:55:47

At 5/29/17 08:21 AM, TomFulp wrote:
@174nana uploaded a ZIP that was initially a blank screen as well. @174nana how did you fix that?

If I remembered correctly, my initial export was with minifying scripts and resulted in a version that only had black screen (can't be played/tested).

I re-exported it without any minifying (don't tick any of 3 options given when exporting in C3). After uploading the new version, it seems to work fine.

Hope that helps :)

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-29 23:57:30

Any idea how long will it take for a game to be fully posted (no longer "Under Judgement") ?

Just wondering as mine has been Under Judgement for over day now :(

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-30 00:24:13

At 5/29/17 11:57 PM, 174nana wrote: Any idea how long will it take for a game to be fully posted (no longer "Under Judgement") ?

I'm new here too, but I think the more views, ratings and reviews posted on your game, the faster it gets approved. Certainly a little unfair especially those posted way earlier gets more tractions and reviews.

Just finished updating my entry for the jam. Please do play and give me your feedback.

BLU - Fast paced stragety platformer with enemy bots

You have 3 minutes to fight off 3 bots and color the arena BLU. As you run, you lose ink (the source of your power). Stop to regenerate your ink.
Run, jump and hit blocks with your head to color them. Pickup awesome powerups to slow down time, freeze & kill bots & regenerate faster. Use the weapon powerup to shoot lazer beams!
There are penalites for getting killed or letting the bots color the arena in RED! Choose your next step wisely, but quickly.
Supports Gamepad. Tested with XBOX 360 controller.

Technical notes:
Dynamic camera pan/zoom - Camera pans across & zooms in/out by calculating relative positions of all active points on the arena.
Platformer Pathfinding - Uses Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm for creating a node graph enabling bot to find path and navigate to different platforms

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-30 12:11:24

At 5/30/17 12:24 AM, jaydonteh wrote:
At 5/29/17 11:57 PM, 174nana wrote: Any idea how long will it take for a game to be fully posted (no longer "Under Judgement") ?

I'm new here too, but I think the more views, ratings and reviews posted on your game, the faster it gets approved. Certainly a little unfair especially those posted way earlier gets more tractions and reviews.

You sure bout that? would kinda suck if it was so...

I posted when there was barely 10 games up but got removed due to bad exported copy and had to reupload

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-31 02:33:31

Hello everyone, congratulations on your efforts in the gamejam. I will be doing spotlight videos on a few entries next week and I hope you enjoy them, and they will be on this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQFThRkgJ-eFaq9BEourXHQ I hope you all have fun and congrats to the future winners.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-06-03 18:16:03

I need to know.Is Construct3 a good software to create games or not? (how simple is it? i can't afford to get stuck)