00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Illeindliass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Other 3D and CGI artists

1,583 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-01-06 10:32:33 (edited 2024-01-06 10:38:10)

PS! Easiest way to render something... anything... everything - matcaps or not ... with transparent background in Blender is... hear me out ...

iu_1142164_16926282.png

... just about that above post somewhere.

And if you want just mask for whatever reason (i.e. mattepainting), just tell your render engine render a mask, idk. - just pick that pass from the menu.

iu_1142166_16926282.png

Or just tell blender to send it directly to your 2d program from shader menu. But that's not as fast nor optimal.

No need to change any global settings. You can tell Blender to do all sorts of things on fly and with little hassle. It is very versatile program.

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-01-06 13:12:32

Awesome tips! That's really helpful.

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-01-10 23:15:14 (edited 2024-01-10 23:15:41)

I'm relatively new to 3D Animation with blender, (did some videogame retexturing stuff when I was a kid) trying to get into animation with it now. I'm still kinda in "animation puberty" though, I haven't quite felt out what works / what doesn't

here's my latest:

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-01-14 18:00:37

BTW I'm still struggling find a way to shade using Matcaps anywhere else but in the viewport view. @Tenebrare can you help?

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-01-14 20:05:22

At 1/14/24 06:00 PM, CzySzy wrote: BTW I'm still struggling find a way to shade using Matcaps anywhere else but in the viewport view. @Tenebrare can you help?

Do i understand correct that you get matcaps show ok on viewport, but they do not render ?

You probably have chosen wrong render engine from the right side menu. Make sure to add also camera to the scene. Blender requires you to have active camera unlike some other programs that render from view port view if no camera.

iu_1146968_16926282.webp

Renders as

iu_1146967_16926282.webp

If your problem is more complex then let me know and we'll figure it out.

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-06 14:36:51

My latest project has a bit a v simple cgi in blender. If anyone wanted tips on how to do this type of simple simulation feel free to respond here.

I podcast, make documentaries, cartoons, games and art. I also hate lawns. Love weasels. Am neutral on Snow Cones. I feel nothing about snow cones. Sometimes they are nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-12 13:05:15

Really love these 2 characters. They are going to get a major upgrade this year.

I podcast, make documentaries, cartoons, games and art. I also hate lawns. Love weasels. Am neutral on Snow Cones. I feel nothing about snow cones. Sometimes they are nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 02:29:23

At 8/26/23 02:15 PM, PoultrygeistGame wrote: I am trying to find other people into CG on the site. Right now I basically type Blender related tags into the site and try to see who is active: a dumb way of finding people.

I know a pretty huge amount about blender and am happy to help people as well (if say you are just wanting to learn rather than having posts to show).

BUT PLEASE! let me get to know my fellow cg 3d blender maya users.

*if enough people talk here maybe we will move to a club. a newgrounds forum club not like a place we have raffles and sock hops. although i guess if people want that.

Recently got into blender (like for the past two weeks) and would love to join the club lol, I am a primarily 2d visual artist, but am willing to dwelve deeper into 3d as well

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 10:38:24

At 2/21/24 02:29 AM, TheRealManager7 wrote:
At 8/26/23 02:15 PM, PoultrygeistGame wrote: I am trying to find other people into CG on the site. Right now I basically type Blender related tags into the site and try to see who is active: a dumb way of finding people.

I know a pretty huge amount about blender and am happy to help people as well (if say you are just wanting to learn rather than having posts to show).

*if enough people talk here maybe we will move to a club. a newgrounds forum club not like a place we have raffles and sock hops. although i guess if people want that.
Recently got into blender (like for the past two weeks) and would love to join the club lol, I am a primarily 2d visual artist, but am willing to dwelve deeper into 3d as well

its v easy

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 16:02:28

At 2/21/24 10:38 AM, PoultrygeistGame wrote:

its v easy

It's really not when you don't understand what half the UI actually does lol, plus nodes are giving me a headache.

Still am pretty determined to learn it's in and outs

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 16:05:33

At 2/21/24 04:02 PM, TheRealManager7 wrote:

its v easy
It's really not when you don't understand what half the UI actually does lol, plus nodes are giving me a headache.

most of it does nothing tbh. have you tried the donut tutorial?

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 18:54:53

At 2/21/24 04:05 PM, PoultrygeistGame wrote:
At 2/21/24 04:02 PM, TheRealManager7 wrote:

its v easy
most of it does nothing tbh. have you tried the donut tutorial?

Yep, already did it, as well as an isometric witch room tutorial from another youtuber. Now finishing building an original scene and have already modeled and rigged a whole character. In case you were wondering on how far i've gotten into it

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 20:05:01

At 1/14/24 08:05 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 1/14/24 06:00 PM, CzySzy wrote: BTW I'm still struggling find a way to shade using Matcaps anywhere else but in the viewport view. @Tenebrare can you help?
Do i understand correct that you get matcaps show ok on viewport, but they do not render ?

You probably have chosen wrong render engine from the right side menu. Make sure to add also camera to the scene. Blender requires you to have active camera unlike some other programs that render from view port view if no camera.

Renders as

If your problem is more complex then let me know and we'll figure it out.

Oh! I had no idea you were supposed to select Workbench in order to have your 'caps in the final render (F12)! I've been using the EEVEE engine all the time. TY! You're the MVP!

iu_1165522_3945050.png

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:28:36

At 2/21/24 08:05 PM, Czyszy wrote: Oh! I had no idea you were supposed to select Workbench in order to have your 'caps in the final render (F12)! I've been using the EEVEE engine all the time. TY! You're the MVP!

I am glad you got it work. :)

Blender is very versatile program, and I am myself discovering new secrets nearly daily basis.

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:31:22

At 2/21/24 10:28 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 2/21/24 08:05 PM, Czyszy wrote: Oh! I had no idea you were supposed to select Workbench in order to have your 'caps in the final render (F12)! I've been using the EEVEE engine all the time. TY! You're the MVP!
I am glad you got it work. :)

Blender is very versatile program, and I am myself discovering new secrets nearly daily basis.

I really wish someone would fund a full video series explaining every aspect of blender. cus there is soo much. i dont think ive ever done something on it and not encountered a setting or two at least that I mostly ignore.

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:36:01

At 2/21/24 04:02 PM, TheRealManager7 wrote: It's really not when you don't understand what half the UI actually does lol, plus nodes are giving me a headache.

While most 3d (and 2d) programs come with predefined GUI, then in reality Blender is one of those programs, where you can just set almost anything according your own preference and they (Blender devs) want you to learn hotkeys rather than clicking menus.

For example as 2D person originally I use right click to select object, whereas 3D people use left click and same way I frame object with shift-click, while 3D people do not even use same function at all. And so on and so on. As a new Blender user you probably want to mimic some other program or ways of doing things from other programs to shorten the learning curve.

I treat Blender like Photoshop, but in 3D and it made it very easy for me to get started. Collections are 'layers' and you pretty much set to start off.

I couldn't understand a thing with blenders 2.7 and so, I still cannot even rotate camera in old blenders, but since 3.0 Blender has become really-really newbie friendly.

... just better split learning it into small steps and goals.

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:38:43

At 2/21/24 10:36 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 2/21/24 04:02 PM, TheRealManager7 wrote: It's really not when you don't understand what half the UI actually does lol, plus nodes are giving me a headache.
While most 3d (and 2d) programs come with predefined GUI, then in reality Blender is one of those programs, where you can just set almost anything according your own preference and they (Blender devs) want you to learn hotkeys rather than clicking menus.

For example as 2D person originally I use right click to select object, whereas 3D people use left click and same way I frame object with shift-click, while 3D people do not even use same function at all. And so on and so on. As a new Blender user you probably want to mimic some other program or ways of doing things from other programs to shorten the learning curve.

I treat Blender like Photoshop, but in 3D and it made it very easy for me to get started. Collections are 'layers' and you pretty much set to start off.

I couldn't understand a thing with blenders 2.7 and so, I still cannot even rotate camera in old blenders, but since 3.0 Blender has become really-really newbie friendly.

... just better split learning it into small steps and goals.

i was super against the ui changes in 3 but it is so much easier. love it now.

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:51:52

At 2/21/24 10:31 PM, PoultrygeistGame wrote: I really wish someone would fund a full video series explaining every aspect of blender. cus there is soo much. i dont think ive ever done something on it and not encountered a setting or two at least that I mostly ignore.

I think best approach is to have a problem and then try to solve that problem. Otherwise you'd get overwhelmed.

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 22:54:42

At 2/21/24 10:51 PM, Tenebrare wrote: I think best approach is to have a problem and then try to solve that problem. Otherwise you'd get overwhelmed.

I second that!

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-02-21 23:06:36

At 2/21/24 10:51 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 2/21/24 10:31 PM, PoultrygeistGame wrote: I really wish someone would fund a full video series explaining every aspect of blender. cus there is soo much. i dont think ive ever done something on it and not encountered a setting or two at least that I mostly ignore.
I think best approach is to have a problem and then try to solve that problem. Otherwise you'd get overwhelmed.

true but blender is so old at this point that id be super interested

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-04-21 14:01:38

I am so excited about my unreal workflow

BBS Signature

Response to Other 3D and CGI artists 2024-04-21 17:20:23

Joining the blender gang!!

iu_1192797_17487051.webp

iu_1192798_17487051.webp