00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2023 Year-End Recap!

6,875 Views | 76 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 03:42:22

i will finally post steamboat willie onto newgrounds

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 04:50:46

Took several hours but I made a recap post of my own! Playing around on newgrounds has been so much fun, can't wait to see what 2024 has in store!

Charl

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 08:26:48

What a year it's been! I wonder what things everyone will create in 2024, who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 09:37:17

I am thankful to Tom and co. for keeping the NG history updated (and Newgrounds in general ^^)

Though Flash Portal History may be neglected, there are still the monthly recaps neatly listed

And as I am interested in Newground's past, I believe that its future will be better still

As long as people keep collaborating and sharing and remember why it was here

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 12:57:40 (edited 2024-01-01 12:59:10)

Honestly, I met a very sad 2024. i didn't have a new year mood. i hope this doesn't happen again in 2024.

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 21:32:44

i been too years on newgrounds play games and wacth some videos and that get me a inspiretion to me of try post my arts and animations! :)

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-01 21:56:21

At 12/31/23 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Time for the big 2023 recap!

I’ve been keeping the NG History page up-to-date so like last year, this recap post will be based on that. If you have favorite 2023 moments you think need adding, now is a good time to suggest them.

In January, Ruffle introduced support for games like The Binding of Isaac and we highlighted a new batch of games now working via emulation.

January 23rd was Pixel Day, check out the winners!

@Graeme hosted a Picayune Dreams Art Contest, check out the winners!

We updated the Global Audio Options form, adding the ability to set things like “Allow Downloads” and “Allow external API use” globally.

In February the Treasure Hunt was revived by @SplatterDash and @The-Great-One, after having been dormant for more than a decade. Check out the winners!

@MigMoog, @Default, @nokoi and @Tiny hosted a second List Jam, check out the winners!

In March, more Flash games switched over to Ruffle as progress on AS3 support intensely ramped up.

The Audio Portal's 20th Anniversary Collab was a beautiful way to celebrate 20 years of the Audio Portal, featuring 87 participants and 60 instrumental pieces.

On March 22nd we announced the closure and archiving of the General and Politics forums. It was an emotional week but we believe it’s the best thing for NG moving forward, as we focus on what feels most important here.

April 1st was a surprise Clock Day, in celebration of April Fools!

We kicked off May with the first in a series of Playlist updates, starting with an overhaul of the playlist edit form to the modern, mobile-friendly layout. A second update was made at the end of the month, updating the playlist hub and introducing rating filters.

May 6th was Pico Day!

We wrapped up Flash Forward Jam 2023 and announced the winners.

June 6th was the 20th anniversary of the first @Eddsworld cartoon and we celebrated Edd's legacy with an Eddsworld Charity Art Contest, raising $1,230 for Young Lives vs Cancer.

@MasterHand4444 celebrated Christmas in July with an audio collab album!

June 9th was Piconjo Day!

@QueenBoo hosted a Love Me NG Art Contest.

June 23rd was the Too Many Games Meetup!

In July @Graeme hosted a Paper Planet Art Contest, check out the winners!

July 29th was the Toronto Meetup and theater screening!

@Random-storykeeper organized another great Art Inspired Music Contest!

@SageIsReal and 70+ artists unleashed the "Loss" Collab.

August 15th was Clock Day!

August 26th was Robot Day, hosted by @MindChamber. Check out the winners!

August ended with NG Summer Fest, organized by @Kekiiro, @Slimygoo, @Nek0ai, @DocNG, @P-PAMda and @Anislug.

@JAMRIOT kicked off September with Writer’s Jam 1.

@BrandyBuizel hosted a Live Action Jam that wrapped up on September 2nd. Check out the winners!

@Tritnew organized the dreamy Slumberland Collab Album!

We assembled the NG Money Gang and sponsored the 13th episode of Salad Fingers.

September 22nd was Madness Day, be sure to check out the winners!

On September 25th we launched our big Art Portal update, introducing true multi-image, multi-author, scheduled publishing and lots of other improvements.

@Prismisho organized The Skibidi Toilet Collab.

@mogy64 hosted a Taifau Cafe Art Contest, check out the winners!

In October we launched another Playlist update, introducing features such as playlists in playlists, tiered lists, private lists, sorting options and the ability to specify a playlist as a series, collection or album when appropriate. This update made it possible to migrate the old Series and Collections pages into the modern playlist system, our second massive system migration of the year.

October was a big month for collabs! 

@DannyGoodShirt organized Dr. Good’s Operating Theater 2023.

@BlackDingo86NG organized the Dinosaurs Attack Collab.

@Zfert organized the Creature Collab 2023.

@Emizip organized the Creepypasta Collab 2023.

@DieterTheuns organized the Halloworm 2023.

@TechnoCookie organized the Boner Collab.

@MechanicalMantis organized the NG Hex Collab 2023.

@AhWham organized The Shrieks and Screams Collab.

@Dry organized a Collaborative Autumn Album.

@EthosSketches organized the Graffiti collab.

@Karlestonchew organized the Cubes mini collab.

@BrandyBuizel organized a meetup at Yestercade in NJ. Here’s a recap!

@Imprez hosted an NG panel and screening at Derpycon.

@SpeedrStudios made a show, but who cares

We hosted our annual Halloween Spooktacular, while @DrSevenSeizeMD hosted the Pumpkin Carving contest, @Thetageist hosted Costume Jam 2023 and @deathink hosted a Horror Game Mashup art contest.

Continued below...

i cant wait for what 2014 has in store for us! happy new year!!

SPEEDRSTUDIOS.NEWGROUNDS.COM

(spee-der-stew-dee-o's-dot-new-grounds-dot-com)

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-02 04:37:55

Was pretty good for newgrounds.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-02 07:16:53 (edited 2024-01-02 07:17:42)

It was a great year, man! I joined in some collabs like the Skibidi Toilet collab and the South Park collab,

and even took part in some small collabs like the Sweet Sixteen Comic contest, Madness Day 2023, the

Hatsune Miku birthday collab and Robot Day 2023, I was originally going to be added to Dr. Good's Operating

Theatre 2023, but my entry to it got rejected thanks to the rules.

but still, it was an alright year for me here on NG... I hope 2024 will be better! ;)

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-02 14:02:48

Such a big year, I'm excited to see more growth in 2024! It's incredible to see this site continue to be such a wonderful place for creatives to express themselves. Here's to a bigger 2024!!

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-02 20:35:04

Thanks again for the shoutout Tom! It was great seeing you again at TMG and Yestercades. Hope you all had a great holiday and hope we have another great year for meetups with awesome Newgrounders!

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-02 23:50:51

So is Flash Forward 2024 happening?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-03 00:21:20

At 12/31/23 11:49 AM, ChazDude wrote: Happy Newgrounds Year! May 2024 bring...uh... further Newgrounding!

But why do we have to wait so long? 😮

.... Also how about re-open politics just this year for one final go-round, winner take all? 😆

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-03 01:13:57

although cuz of life being weird, i couldnt do too much this year, thank you for welcoming me, this will be the year imma do LOTS of things and have so many plans, i cant wait to show :3 <3

🐱 ɴeĸo αι 🐱

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-03 08:44:49

At 1/2/24 11:50 PM, Kwing wrote: So is Flash Forward 2024 happening?

It is but I'm gonna hold off a bit before announcing it, so it doesn't overlap Pixel Day fundraising as much.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-03 08:59:04

OMG! Castle Cat is on the NG wallpaper now! :3

BBS Signature

Response to 2023 Year-End Recap! 2024-01-17 18:36:22

At 1/3/24 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/2/24 11:50 PM, Kwing wrote: So is Flash Forward 2024 happening?
It is but I'm gonna hold off a bit before announcing it, so it doesn't overlap Pixel Day fundraising as much.

That jam has turned out some awesome stuff! I'm really hoping I can find the time to participate this year :)

GAH!

BBS Signature