00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MapleHillsZone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab!

5,380 Views | 91 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_1157438_8379999.webp

Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!

That's right! I'm gonna give hosting my own collabs a shot! :D

This IS my first time, so there may be hiccups. ><

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

It'll feature the HTF gijinkas I made a while back in a picnic/party scene!

If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.

[All the gijinkas without the backgrounds.]

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

Public Spreadsheet for the sake of planning.

[THE RULES]

• Anyone can join, but please be a scouted artist!
  • Due to the limited spots, this will be a mostly FCFS type deal.
  • You must submit a transparent fullbody PNG of your drawing or a high quality digital scan if you're submitting a traditional piece.
  • Submissions must be of decent quality; at least 1000 x 1000 pixels and fully lined, colored and shaded.
  • While I'll allow some violence due to the nature of Happy Tree Friends, please keep it SFW for the most part; a T rating if you will!
  • ABSOLUTELY NO AI BULLSHIT.
  • Skim check! Put a ":3" in your comment so I know that you read the rules!
  • Try to stay true to the gijinkas' designs! While you can put them in different clothes or simplify details, some features such as Sniffles' and Lumpys' larger noses and Russells' prosthetic arm must stay the same.
  • You're more than welcome to chat with other participants in the event you wanna draw eachothers' submissions interacting! In fact, I encourage this! :D

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!

Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!

* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

In case you'd like to know the areas, here's a diagram!

A - Enterance/Tree | B - Movie | C - Lemonade Stand

D - Picnic | E - Table | F - Pool

iu_1157439_8379999.webp

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.

** = Only if you're messaging me on Newgrounds.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Have fun! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-17 01:29:38

At 2/4/24 01:08 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]
My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.

The deadline is set to be March 10th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Mid/Late March if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!
Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!
* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Nope. The only htf that i like was carpool tunnel of love htf music video. 25th anniversay? This show has a anniversary?

the collab entry for summertime in winter

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-17 10:30:43

By anniversary, I mean it would be 25 years since the first episode of the show aired!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-25 12:28:32

dibs on flaky by the table

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-25 12:29:32

Sweet, noting you down!

At 2/25/24 01:38 PM, JacksonCornson wrote: Oh yeah I'm definitely gonna be a part of this.

Hold your horses! You aren't scouted yet and the rules say that artists must be scouted!

Plus, looking at your gallery, I dunno..

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-25 23:04:53

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

The deadline is set to be March 10th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Mid/Late March if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Shoot wait it’s the 25th anniversary soon?

While I can’t join the Collab, thank you for making the birthday known to me so I could make sumthin lmao

live for nothing, or die for something

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 09:24:04

At 2/17/24 01:29 AM, TigerPlushiefire wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Nope. The only htf that i like was carpool tunnel of love htf music video. 25th anniversay? This show has a anniversary?

I can do petunia!!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 10:57:59

Sweet! Which area do you plan on drawing her in?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 14:35:24

At 2/25/24 02:10 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 2/25/24 01:38 PM, JacksonCornson wrote: Oh yeah I'm definitely gonna be a part of this.
Hold your horses! You aren't scouted yet and the rules say that artists must be scouted!
Plus, looking at your gallery, I dunno..

"Anyone can join"

Yeah about that: You need a special rank to join the collab

Newgrounds is about being perfect and having a huge budget for your project, not about fun.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 15:44:53

At 2/26/24 10:57 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote: Sweet! Which area do you plan on drawing her in?

Standing in front of the lemonade stand

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 17:24:25

At 2/26/24 03:44 PM, EmilyRose420 wrote:
At 2/26/24 10:57 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote: Sweet! Which area do you plan on drawing her in?
Standing in front of the lemonade stand

Awesome! Will note you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 17:27:42

These requirements are a tad leniant since it's my first collab!

Think of it as a prefered quality rather than a requirement!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-26 23:03:53

At 2/26/24 09:24 AM, EmilyRose420 wrote:
At 2/17/24 01:29 AM, TigerPlushiefire wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

I can do petunia!!

cool petunia

the collab entry for summertime in winter

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 12:32:12

This is such a cool idea omg..!!! May I join?? I'd LOVE to draw Nutty at the picnic area!!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 12:36:11

At 2/27/24 12:32 PM, cryptcur wrote: This is such a cool idea omg..!!! May I join?? I'd LOVE to draw Nutty at the picnic area!!

Of course! I'll note you down! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 19:57:31

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

i was thinking on flaky, but idk where

heres a pic btw(Idk if necessary):

iu_1168211_7782906.png

[davidmations]

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 20:07:08

Hey! Flaky is already taken, but you're more than welcome to pick the other human designs!

The human designs that are taken are Petunia, Flippy, Flaky and Nutty!

If you aren't sure where to place the character, I can pick a place for you!

Love the art, btw!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 21:49:15

Happy freaky tree friends rejoice till they're burned, in my 2d art and animation.

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-27 21:49:42

At 2/27/24 09:49 PM, h2o0tterART wrote: Happy freaky tree friends rejoice till they're burned, in my 2d art and animation.

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-02-29 11:43:32

[UPDATES]

I wish you can pin replies here, tbh.

First of all, the deadline for this collab is going to be extended until April 15th.

This gives artists plenty of time to claim/submit pieces!

Second of all, I'd like to clarify some rules a little.

Anyone can join, but please be a scouted artist!

The scouted artist part is more of a soft requirement, meaning I'm more leniant with it depending on the type of art you make. If your art is questionable in nature [for example, fetish art], then that's a whole other story.

[this is coming from personal experience ><]

Submissions must be of decent quality; at least 1000 x 1000 pixels and fully lined, colored and shaded.

Shading the art is a more soft requirement, but lineart and flat colors are a must.

Skim check! Put a ":3" in your comment so I know that you read the rules!

Again, the skim check is a soft requirement. It just shows that you read the rules, that's all! But I trust y'all!

Try to stay true to the gijinkas' designs! While you can put them in different clothes or simplify details, some features such as Sniffles' and Lumpys' larger noses and Russells' prosthetic arm must stay the same.

This is a more "hard" requirement, meaning while it's more re-enforced, there is still wiggle room for leniancy. For example, if you lighten/darken the skintone a shade due to lighting, I won't hold it against you. But if you intentionally lighten the skin tone [mainly applies to black coded characters], then I'll let you know.

Hope you guys like this little update! :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-03 03:26:30

iu_1170195_15324930.png

E pls?

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-03 11:09:16

At 3/3/24 03:26 AM, bisteca2007 wrote:
E pls?

Sure thing! Which character do you wanna draw?

You can find all of them here! [Flippy, Flaky, Nutty and Petunia are all taken.]

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-05 12:04:37

Count me in

also I need a htf character to draw hmmm

uhhhhhh........

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-05 15:34:04

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

I want to draw Russel the pirate. I don't mind which area but I would prefer D.

Ok, papyapa! Noting you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-05 17:27:30

At 3/5/24 12:04 PM, Scorpidoo wrote: Count me in

also I need a htf character to draw hmmm

Take your time! You got plenty of time to pick a character and a location!

I would like to! It is available Mole in E

:3

- MajoraCats or just Majo

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-06 01:11:34

At 3/6/24 01:07 AM, MajoraCats wrote: I would like to! It is available Mole in E

Alright, I'll note you down! :3

looking forward to seeing it :D

BBS Signature