00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab!

5,373 Views | 91 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:01:43

At 2/4/24 01:08 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!
That's right! I'm gonna give hosting my own collabs a shot! :D
This IS my first time, so there may be hiccups. ><
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]
My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

It'll feature the HTF gijinkas I made a while back in a picnic/party scene!
If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.
[All the gijinkas without the backgrounds.]

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!
Public Spreadsheet for the sake of planning.

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!
Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!
* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

In case you'd like to know the areas, here's a diagram!
A - Enterance/Tree | B - Movie | C - Lemonade Stand
D - Picnic | E - Table | F - Pool

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.
** = Only if you're messaging me on Newgrounds.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!
Have fun! :3

:33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:21:18

At 3/11/24 08:01 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote:
Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]
My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!
Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!
* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!
33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?

Nutty is taken, but I can squeeze you in for E! Is there another character you have in mind?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:38:07

At 3/11/24 08:21 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/11/24 08:01 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?
Nutty is taken, but I can squeeze you in for E! Is there another character you have in mind?

Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:50:17

At 3/11/24 08:38 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>

Flippy, Nutty, Flaky, Russell, The Mole and Petunia are all taken; the rest are available!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 21:49:05

At 3/11/24 08:50 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/11/24 08:38 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>
Flippy, Nutty, Flaky, Russell, The Mole and Petunia are all taken; the rest are available!

I can draw cuddles

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 21:50:43

At 3/11/24 09:49 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: I can draw cuddles

Sure thing, I'll note you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 01:00:32

this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 01:04:34

At 3/13/24 01:00 AM, vhsdreamland wrote: this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.

tysm! btw, you're still able to join if you want! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 19:11:33

At 3/13/24 01:04 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/13/24 01:00 AM, vhsdreamland wrote: this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.
tysm! btw, you're still able to join if you want! :3

i considered it but i think I'm too busy, i have a really big queue at the moment. not to mention that i typically only draw on 600px canvases haha

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-15 19:24:33

At 2/26/24 09:24 AM, EmilyRose420 wrote:
At 2/17/24 01:29 AM, TigerPlushiefire wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

The deadline is set to be March 10th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Mid/Late March if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Nope. The only htf that i like was carpool tunnel of love htf music video. 25th anniversay? This show has a anniversary?
I can do petunia!!

Shes the blue skunk with the flower on here head and car fresher necklace.

the collab entry for summertime in winter

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-17 17:28:08

Hey guys!

Thought I'd share a quick PSA about this project.

If you've been invited to a movie project for this collab by someone named fe3l1ngsk1lleddd [not to be confused with fe3l1ngsk1lledd], that is not legit.

They are an impersonator with unknown intentions and I've already reported them.

If you are part of the collab, I will be sending invitations to an ART project closer to the deadline; around early April.

Thought I'd let you guys know!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-17 17:36:19

At 3/17/24 05:33 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lleddd wrote:
: KYS

Nah, I'd rather live.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-18 11:58:05

I would like to join!! Lifty and Shifty at "A" please!

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-18 12:13:28

At 3/18/24 11:58 AM, Imprez wrote: I would like to join!! Lifty and Shifty at "A" please!

Okidoki, noting you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-23 07:44:38

I will like to draw Sniffles in a picnic

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-23 10:00:53

At 3/23/24 07:44 AM, KyletheDesigner wrote: I will like to draw Sniffles in a picnic

Sure thing!

Will note you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 14:40:22

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Petunia’s done!

iu_1179486_9296753.png

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 15:24:59

At 3/24/24 02:40 PM, EmilyRose420 wrote: Petunia’s done!

Love this take on her! :D

The ponytail you drew on her is a headscarf, but this works, too!

Love the jeans as well!

Mind if you send a transparent PNG through the dump?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 15:45:01

B and I would like to draw Lumpy.

Is it a problem if I transparent it after drawing?

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

At 3/24/24 03:45 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: B and I would like to draw Lumpy.

Is it a problem if I transparent it after drawing?

I can always make it transparent if your program doesn't let you do it yourself; just make sure the background color is a solid color!

Also noting you down! :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 16:22:45

At 3/24/24 03:24 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/24/24 02:40 PM, EmilyRose420 wrote: Petunia’s done!
Love this take on her! :D

The ponytail you drew on her is a headscarf, but this works, too!
Love the jeans as well!
Mind if you send a transparent PNG through the dump?

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8d1250794df96b6cc86eb1e78ec03ff1

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 21:37:46

is giggles available? if so i'd be fine with any area

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 22:10:04

At 3/24/24 09:37 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: is giggles available? if so i'd be fine with any area

She is!

I'll note you down under the Lemonade Stand aka area C! :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 02:06:25

Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 11:39:34

At 3/25/24 02:06 AM, 2cupsoforangejuice wrote: Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.

Yep, he's still available!

I'll be noting you down on the spreadsheet; if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 14:30:26

At 3/25/24 11:39 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/25/24 02:06 AM, 2cupsoforangejuice wrote: Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.
Yep, he's still available!
I'll be noting you down on the spreadsheet; if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Alright, thank you!!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 17:04:04

Reserving the mime for spot C the lemonade stand :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 17:10:27

At 3/25/24 05:04 PM, Holdmeplease wrote: Reserving the mime for spot C the lemonade stand :D

Awesome!

Noted you down! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-26 10:31:27

LumpyBoi !FINISHED!

iu_1180395_17195613.webp

https://imgbox.com/1QuzQw8S

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-26 11:58:55

At 3/26/24 10:31 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: LumpyBoi !FINISHED!

https://imgbox.com/1QuzQw8S

Love your take on him!

The shoes are fire, too! :3