00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MicPix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

You more intuitive or analytical?

385 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to You more intuitive or analytical? 2024-04-24 21:36:34

Probably more intuitive is my guess. I don't really do any math in my head when drawing. I observe and stare down things and add them to my memory bank. So I guess that's analytical?

I honestly don't know. My brain is really weird when it comes to processing information.

Response to You more intuitive or analytical? 2024-04-25 11:54:10

At 4/9/24 05:52 AM, lucifertan wrote: love math in perspective too, this sent me looking for the math stuff i did in the past. here's one about calculating the angle of incidence on a plane based on light direction to determine brightness given off by lambertian reflectance.

i dno if this means i lean towards analytical but i cannot discount the intuitive part when comparing my current vs past work. there is just no way i can draw what i can now based on analysis alone. its more towards intuition for being able to draw out the shapes/colors that expresses what i want to communicate.

Could you send me in PM this picture? I would to look at it in closer detail, but BBS compresses images quite a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to You more intuitive or analytical? 2024-04-25 12:24:13

At 4/8/24 05:14 PM, xeiavica wrote: This is not a purely black and white area, but something you lean more towards. Being intuitive (Just knowing what you feel it should be and applying the concepts of art to make something) or analytical (Very logic driven and more interested in doing number crunching in your head). Art is in a way, a mixture of both, but people will either be more(ish) one or the other. Personally, I am realizing I'm very analytical to a fault. I like perspective quite a bit because it actually is quite math driven once you get deep into it as an example.

What about you? Which one do you lean towards more?

I definitely lean more towards intuition. If u ask me anything on anatomy i can NOT answer 💀🙏🏼 but I can do it decently I suppose