00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,834,359 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2020-09-23 14:35:45

At 9/16/20 01:53 PM, BananaChicken22 wrote:
At 9/10/20 03:17 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Since Toonami has been so short, they might as well air original Naruto before it. The episodes are old, but can get you in the right frame of mind.
This. Even if I personally think the series took a nosedive in quality come Shippuden (especially in the last few arcs, but it's ultimately just my opinion), I will always have fond memories of me watching the OG Naruto series as a kid.

There were some disappointments, but overall it was a good anime. OG Naruto should be first before Toonami.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-09-25 13:33:48 (edited 2020-09-25 13:34:51)

At 9/23/20 02:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/10/20 03:17 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Since Toonami has been so short, they might as well air original Naruto before it. The episodes are old, but can get you in the right frame of mind.
This. Even if I personally think the series took a nosedive in quality come Shippuden (especially in the last few arcs, but it's ultimately just my opinion), I will always have fond memories of me watching the OG Naruto series as a kid.
There were some disappointments, but overall it was a good anime. OG Naruto should be first before Toonami.

Maybe I got into Naruto a bit too late but most of the arcs weren't memorable and I found Sakura annoying as fuck. The entire Gaiden series felt like a more forgettable Bleach filler arc, and that's after skipping all the Naruto fillers.

I got so disinterested by that point I couldn't give a fuck if Naruto drowned in a river in the first episode of Shippuden. It didn't even leave a taste in my mouth.

It's a good shonen for kids...and I think that's a large part of why people liked it - they watched it as kids or teens which shonen is great for. After that though it tends to miss the mark, for me at least.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-10-09 00:56:33

Assassination Classroom is getting more interesting as it goes. Its not all just trying to murder the teacher in every episode, maybe every other. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-10-18 22:56:00

At 10/9/20 12:56 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Assassination Classroom is getting more interesting as it goes. Its not all just trying to murder the teacher in every episode, maybe every other. lol

Yo the students and Kuro Sensei are what make the series so entertaining. Nakamura is by far my favorite.

Also, you guys gotta download KATSU, its better than most anime apps on the app store in opinion.

Response to Anime Club 2020-10-21 02:20:42

At 10/18/20 10:56 PM, MarbleStudios wrote:
At 10/9/20 12:56 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Assassination Classroom is getting more interesting as it goes. Its not all just trying to murder the teacher in every episode, maybe every other. lol
Yo the students and Kuro Sensei are what make the series so entertaining. Nakamura is by far my favorite.

I know right. I can't wait to see what happens in the season one finale.

Also, you guys gotta download KATSU, its better than most anime apps on the app store in opinion.

I had not heard of it before.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-10-28 16:54:06

Toonami is throwing a few curveballs in the next couple of weeks.

For Halloween, and the end of Daylight Saving Time, Toonami will air all 12 episodes of The Promised Neverland season 1 this Saturday from Midnight to 5 AM.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind wrapped up last week, so next Saturday will be the premiere of Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) at 2 AM. There must be an unwritten rule that requires at least one show in Toonami's lineup to be batshit.

I tried to watch Gemusetto Machu Picchu but I assumed it was just an April Fools joke because I couldn't stand it for more than 2 minutes. I have no interest in viewing the sequel/2nd season.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-02 02:55:39

Last Saturday, they showed a marathon of Primal. It is an interesting show, especially with the small amount of dialogue. Things should go back to normal this weekend. Before they show more repeats for the winter holidays.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-02 17:44:25

At 9/25/20 01:33 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 9/23/20 02:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Maybe I got into Naruto a bit too late but most of the arcs weren't memorable and I found Sakura annoying as fuck. The entire Gaiden series felt like a more forgettable Bleach filler arc, and that's after skipping all the Naruto fillers.

I got so disinterested by that point I couldn't give a fuck if Naruto drowned in a river in the first episode of Shippuden. It didn't even leave a taste in my mouth.

It's a good shonen for kids...and I think that's a large part of why people liked it - they watched it as kids or teens which shonen is great for. After that though it tends to miss the mark, for me at least.

Naruto needs to die off, it killed the original toonami after 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-03 06:22:36

What's good in-season these days? I'm all caught up on My Hero Academia and Uzaki-Chan just finished up. Anything still going on right now?

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-18 04:06:33

At 12/3/20 06:22 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: What's good in-season these days? I'm all caught up on My Hero Academia and Uzaki-Chan just finished up. Anything still going on right now?

Looks like they will be doing a Wonder Women night this weekend. It would be a good weekend to skip Toonami. The Two weeks of Batman movies were just dreadful and had terrible ratings.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-18 04:58:04

At 12/18/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/3/20 06:22 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: What's good in-season these days? I'm all caught up on My Hero Academia and Uzaki-Chan just finished up. Anything still going on right now?
Looks like they will be doing a Wonder Women night this weekend. It would be a good weekend to skip Toonami. The Two weeks of Batman movies were just dreadful and had terrible ratings.

Is there anything on Toonami that people don't complain about these days? I went to the Toonami subreddit once, and those were the most miserable motherfuckers on the planet. Nothing pleased them.

Response to Anime Club 2020-12-22 03:23:02

At 12/18/20 04:58 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 12/18/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Is there anything on Toonami that people don't complain about these days? I went to the Toonami subreddit once, and those were the most miserable motherfuckers on the planet. Nothing pleased them.

Normal Toonami is great, whenever they sell out to promote a movie it doesn't work. It just feels cheap and forced. The animated Wonder Woman has almost nothing to do the live action versus.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-01-06 05:59:10

At 10/28/20 04:54 PM, MrTrivia wrote: Toonami is throwing a few curveballs in the next couple of weeks.
For Halloween, and the end of Daylight Saving Time, Toonami will air all 12 episodes of The Promised Neverland season 1 this Saturday from Midnight to 5 AM.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind wrapped up last week, so next Saturday will be the premiere of Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) at 2 AM. There must be an unwritten rule that requires at least one show in Toonami's lineup to be batshit.
I tried to watch Gemusetto Machu Picchu but I assumed it was just an April Fools joke because I couldn't stand it for more than 2 minutes. I have no interest in viewing the sequel/2nd season.

Apparently Gemusetto is over, because Toonami removed it from the lineup to make room for the 4th and final season of Attack on Titan, premiering this Saturday at 12:30.

I believe next week Toonami is expanding to 4 hours in order to add SSSS.Gridman, premiering January 16 at 2:30.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-01-12 03:04:26

The final season of Attack on Titan had better not disappoint. I have been waiting a long time to see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-02 17:11:05

This Saturday, Toonami airs the final episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization, and starts the "four part non-canonical Toonami event" known as Cosmo Samurai.

Next week, Black Clover returns to the lineup. I was worried for a moment that any new shows would be pre-empted by a Valentine's Day special.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-05 22:22:37

At 2/2/21 05:11 PM, MrTrivia wrote: This Saturday, Toonami airs the final episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization, and starts the "four part non-canonical Toonami event" known as Cosmo Samurai.

Looking forward tgo checking out the final. Hope it is amazing.

Next week, Black Clover returns to the lineup. I was worried for a moment that any new shows would be pre-empted by a Valentine's Day special.

Valentine's Day is such a lame holiday.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-18 06:54:57

It looks like the season finale of Assassination Classroom will air on Toonami this weekend, and Food Wars! The Third Plate will premiere on Feb. 27

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-18 07:16:02

At 2/18/21 06:54 AM, MrTrivia wrote: It looks like the season finale of Assassination Classroom will air on Toonami this weekend, and Food Wars! The Third Plate will premiere on Feb. 27

On another note, has anyone watched Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon? Viz Media got the main cast of the InuYasha dub to reprise their roles, but Kirby Morrow sadly passed after the premiere.

Sorry for the double post, but my window for edits closed while I was doing some fact checking.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-22 00:06:50

At 2/18/21 06:54 AM, MrTrivia wrote: It looks like the season finale of Assassination Classroom will air on Toonami this weekend, and Food Wars! The Third Plate will premiere on Feb. 27

I am going to miss Assassination Classroom. Food Wars! is okay if you like cooking anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-02-26 20:08:11

im rewatching parasyte

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-01 04:49:15

At 2/26/21 08:08 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: im rewatching parasyte

Who is your favorite character? Did you find anything interesting the second time around?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-07 17:41:24

At 3/1/21 04:49 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/26/21 08:08 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote: im rewatching parasyte
Who is your favorite character? Did you find anything interesting the second time around?

sailor moon

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-12 22:51:37

Any BLEACH fans?

excited for the upcoming Season this year?

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-12 22:52:50

At 3/12/21 10:51 PM, Vulgaar wrote: Any BLEACH fans?

Just finished watching BLEACH recently and Iā€™m hyped for the new content is all

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-13 02:42:45

At 3/12/21 10:51 PM, Vulgaar wrote: Any BLEACH fans?

Yes, I am looking forward to it. It seems like such a long wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-15 00:12:14

Demon Slayer movie when? :P

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-15 04:36:33

At 3/15/21 12:12 AM, Robotussin wrote: Demon Slayer movie when? :P

You never know. So many great animes deserve at least one movie, if not more.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-15 20:58:16

At 3/15/21 04:36 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

it was released in japan in october :( we might get a NA release before summer

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-16 02:28:47

At 3/15/21 08:58 PM, Robotussin wrote:

I would be okay with that. We will see if Toonami could figure out a good night to show it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-16 05:59:25

At 3/16/21 02:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/15/21 08:58 PM, Robotussin wrote:
I would be okay with that. We will see if Toonami could figure out a good night to show it.

According to Wikipedia, Demon Slayer: Mugen Train had a limited theatrical release in the Miami area. There were 3 screenings on February 26 just to qualify for the 93rd Academy Awards. A full release is still in the works.

BBS Signature