00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MetalGearOpz87 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,834,234 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2021-03-17 05:19:26

At 3/16/21 05:59 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
According to Wikipedia, Demon Slayer: Mugen Train had a limited theatrical release in the Miami area. There were 3 screenings on February 26 just to qualify for the 93rd Academy Awards. A full release is still in the works.

That was a smart move. Hope that they can win an award, and get some good press at the award show.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-04-02 08:00:52

At 3/16/21 05:59 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
At 3/16/21 02:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/15/21 08:58 PM, Robotussin wrote:
At 3/15/21 04:36 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/15/21 12:12 AM, Robotussin wrote: Demon Slayer movie when? :P
You never know. So many great animes deserve at least one movie, if not more.
it was released in japan in october :( we might get a NA release before summer
I would be okay with that. We will see if Toonami could figure out a good night to show it.
According to Wikipedia, Demon Slayer: Mugen Train had a limited theatrical release in the Miami area. There were 3 screenings on February 26 just to qualify for the 93rd Academy Awards. A full release is still in the works.

The official North American release date is April 23 subbed and dubbed, with advance ticket booking available April 9. The digital release will be June 22, with Apple TV, Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store taking pre-orders April 26.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-04-02 23:39:14

At 4/2/21 08:00 AM, MrTrivia wrote: The official North American release date is April 23 subbed and dubbed, with advance ticket booking available April 9. The digital release will be June 22, with Apple TV, Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store taking pre-orders April 26.

I wonder which version will get the most subscriptions? Would be interesting to see which one will be number one?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-04 05:59:45

Toonami aired the mid-season finale of Attack On Titan last weekend, and the final season resumes in Winter 2022. In the meantime, reruns will air in the time slot vacated by Demon Slayer.

Season 5 of My Hero Academia premieres this Saturday at 12:30.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-04 13:03:20

Toonami needs to drop Dragon Ball Super since they keep re running the last chapter of the series, same with Naruto, bad enough when they ran 4 episodes of it back to back on the old toonami followed by Ben 10 and Teen Titans, hence what killed it back in 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-04 16:05:50

At 5/4/21 05:59 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Toonami aired the mid-season finale of Attack On Titan last weekend, and the final season resumes in Winter 2022. In the meantime, reruns will air in the time slot vacated by Demon Slayer.

That sounds like such a long time away, Winter 2022.

Season 5 of My Hero Academia premieres this Saturday at 12:30.

Looking forward to it. Hope they can keep up the action and excitement.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-20 06:25:04

so kentaro miura has passed away. berserk was one of the earliest anime and manga series i got into back in middle school, his artwork was some of the highest caliber in the industry. its unfortunate now the series will never be finished.

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-20 10:02:38

Berserk fans: Miura will you ever finish the manga?

Miura: Guess I'll just die.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-20 10:09:37

At 5/20/21 10:02 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Berserk fans: Miura will you ever finish the manga?

You have to respect somebody that would rather die than stop doing what they do.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-20 10:13:54

At 5/20/21 10:09 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/21 10:02 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Berserk fans: Miura will you ever finish the manga?

You have to respect somebody that would rather die than stop doing what they do.

I couldn't find the appropriate emoticon for this but yeah I agree.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-21 14:36:16

It’s not often that I shed tears for someone I don’t know personally, but with Kentaro Miura’s passing, I couldn’t help but provide water for my parched soul. Considering that he had quite a laundry list of health problems before, it was a miracle that Berserk got as far as it did storywise, and to now have it incomplete is a great tragedy. There is a distinct possibility that it could continue under someone else within Miura’s inner circle, but I have my doubts, and even if it did, it probably wouldn’t be as good. (It probably wouldn’t crash and burn like RWBY did, but there was a lot of other stuff that went into that from RT.)

I guess you either die Berserk, or live long enough to be a RWBY.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-05-21 16:24:30

At 5/20/21 10:13 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 5/20/21 10:09 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

I couldn't find the appropriate emoticon for this but yeah I agree.

I am glad that we agree about this.

At 5/21/21 02:36 PM, orangebomb wrote: It’s not often that I shed tears for someone I don’t know personally, but with Kentaro Miura’s passing, I couldn’t help but provide water for my parched soul. Considering that he had quite a laundry list of health problems before, it was a miracle that Berserk got as far as it did storywise, and to now have it incomplete is a great tragedy. There is a distinct possibility that it could continue under someone else within Miura’s inner circle, but I have my doubts, and even if it did, it probably wouldn’t be as good. (It probably wouldn’t crash and burn like RWBY did, but there was a lot of other stuff that went into that from RT.)

I guess you either die Berserk, or live long enough to be a RWBY.

I feel you. You are either one extreme or the other.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-07-31 05:51:13

Toonami's lineup is about to undergo a massive change:

Last week was the season finale of Dr. Stone, so tonight we'll see two episodes of My Hero Acedemia.

It looks like Black Clover is on a brief hiatus in order to finish off Food Wars: The Third Plate.

On August 7th, Adult Swim is running a Harley Quinn marathon to promote the Suicide Squad movie.

August 14th will be the premiere of Adult Swim/Crunchyroll original series Fena: Pirate Princess, a full two months before it airs in Japan!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-05 00:58:07

At 7/31/21 05:51 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Toonami's lineup is about to undergo a massive change:
Last week was the season finale of Dr. Stone, so tonight we'll see two episodes of My Hero Acedemia.
It looks like Black Clover is on a brief hiatus in order to finish off Food Wars: The Third Plate.

That sounds okay so far.

On August 7th, Adult Swim is running a Harley Quinn marathon to promote the Suicide Squad movie.

They already made that movie at is was a bomb. They should really have to change the name of this remake.

August 14th will be the premiere of Adult Swim/Crunchyroll original series Fena: Pirate Princess, a full two months before it airs in Japan!

That should be awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-09 02:31:38

The Harley Quinn marathon was terrible. I tried to give that show a fair chance, but I was very disappointed. You can always tell when a show is trying too hard, when the constantly curse to appear edgy. Of curse, it is all bleeped, so its just lame.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-09 12:46:16

At 8/9/21 02:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Harley Quinn marathon was terrible. I tried to give that show a fair chance, but I was very disappointed. You can always tell when a show is trying too hard, when the constantly curse to appear edgy. Of curse, it is all bleeped, so its just lame.

I actually enjoy what I've seen of that show, seemed pretty funny imo. But I understand if it's not for everyone.

Signature art by Johnsmith0791, put together by solitonmedic.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-10 06:03:27

At 8/9/21 12:46 PM, RudeBoyEEEE wrote:
At 8/9/21 02:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Harley Quinn marathon was terrible. I tried to give that show a fair chance, but I was very disappointed. You can always tell when a show is trying too hard, when the constantly curse to appear edgy. Of curse, it is all bleeped, so its just lame.
I actually enjoy what I've seen of that show, seemed pretty funny imo. But I understand if it's not for everyone.

I also enjoyed it, but I couldn't watch the season finale for some reason. I have YouTube TV, and I think their Cloud DVR records the wrong episode on rare occasions. When I tried to play episode 13, I saw episode 4 again.

I hope Adult Swim picks up the rights to air Harley Quinn on a regular basis, because I'd rather not have to sign up for HBO Max.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-10 10:04:02

Odds that anime only will get trolled by Stone Ocean spoilers?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-08-12 01:01:42

At 8/9/21 12:46 PM, RudeBoyEEEE wrote:

It just wasn't my cup of tea. Anyways, looking forward to normal anime this Saturday night.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-09-07 16:56:45

Currently rewatching the first season of Dragon Maid since it's been a while, excited to watch season 2 afterwards. Other than that I'm excited for the second season of Scum Villain Self Saving System in october.

NEANIGHT IS OUT

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-09-08 02:03:30

At 9/7/21 04:56 PM, VanVeleca wrote: Currently rewatching the first season of Dragon Maid since it's been a while, excited to watch season 2 afterwards.

How are you enjoying it?

Other than that I'm excited for the second season of Scum Villain Self Saving System in october.

Waiting for that as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-10-13 06:02:10

Toonami's schedule is going to be weird for a few weeks:

This Saturday, it seems they're airing the penultimate episode of Fena: Pirate Princess, followed by some animated Batman movies.

If TV Guide is to be trusted, next weekend will be a Rick and Morty marathon.

Who knows what Adult Swim will air on Halloween?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-10-24 02:38:51

Last Saturday was " Batman in Japan " which was boring, and than Batman Under the Red Hood last was okay.

This week it is Batman The Long Halloween one and two.

I hope everybody is over Batman already.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-10-25 06:01:04

At 10/13/21 06:02 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Toonami's schedule is going to be weird for a few weeks:
This Saturday, it seems they're airing the penultimate episode of Fena: Pirate Princess, followed by some animated Batman movies.

As DoctorStrongbad points out, last weekend was actually Batman: The Long Halloween.

It appears Toonami will re-air the entire 1st season of Fena: Pirate Princess this weekend, and I suspect something big will happen in November. I'm expecting another Toonami event such as Intruder or The Forge, and/or a complete overhaul of their schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-10-29 00:29:14

At 10/25/21 06:01 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
At 10/13/21 06:02 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Toonami's schedule is going to be weird for a few weeks:
As DoctorStrongbad points out, last weekend was actually Batman: The Long Halloween.
It appears Toonami will re-air the entire 1st season of Fena: Pirate Princess this weekend, and I suspect something big will happen in November. I'm expecting another Toonami event such as Intruder or The Forge, and/or a complete overhaul of their schedule.

I know that it probably won’t happen, but I can’t help but think that adult swim might try to phase out Toonami. The last few months have seen various Batman shows take over, and I can’t help but feel that theses are supposed to be a dry run on what will replace Toonami.

For the record, I’m aware that AS and DC are under the same corporate umbrella, so it would make sense that they would air Batman shows on Toonami/AS. I wouldn’t have minded so much if they have spaced them out more over the year instead of 3 of them in less than 2 months or so, but I guess that would be nitpicking.

It might be just a coincidence on their part, and I might be missing the mark here, but I remember SyFy doing similar things with their Ani-Monday block from a decade ago when they stop airing anime for motion comics and then soon afterwards disappeared entirely. (I know that Toonami has more of a commitment from AS, but never say never on these kind of things)

Rant aside, I would mention how disappointing Fena: Pirate Princess turned out, but I’m tired, so if anyone cares, I’ll talk about it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-11-02 21:14:49

Ya'll I'm planning to watch Monster, Perfect Blue and Serial Experiments Lain. Don't spoil me the stuff doe. I just wanna know what are your opinions on the anime

I'm still ShidoniDrella lol

"I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends"

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-11-17 03:23:28

At 10/29/21 12:29 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 10/25/21 06:01 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
I know that it probably won’t happen, but I can’t help but think that adult swim might try to phase out Toonami. The last few months have seen various Batman shows take over, and I can’t help but feel that theses are supposed to be a dry run on what will replace Toonami.

For the record, I’m aware that AS and DC are under the same corporate umbrella, so it would make sense that they would air Batman shows on Toonami/AS. I wouldn’t have minded so much if they have spaced them out more over the year instead of 3 of them in less than 2 months or so, but I guess that would be nitpicking.

It might be just a coincidence on their part, and I might be missing the mark here, but I remember SyFy doing similar things with their Ani-Monday block from a decade ago when they stop airing anime for motion comics and then soon afterwards disappeared entirely. (I know that Toonami has more of a commitment from AS, but never say never on these kind of things)

Rant aside, I would mention how disappointing Fena: Pirate Princess turned out, but I’m tired, so if anyone cares, I’ll talk about it.

Been hoping for another mech anime after Gundam IBO and Origin, but now I got rid of my cable so no more Toonami

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2021-11-17 12:05:27 (edited 2021-11-17 12:07:47)

I personally like the anime series Pokemon, Sonic X, Naruto, Sailor Moon, One Punch Man, basically a lot of things I like!

And from the anime film, these are projects from Ghibli Studio such as Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea and so on, I also like the anime film Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Paprika and that's it!

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to Anime Club 2021-11-29 16:00:28

Hi, I'm thinking of maybe watching an anime movie with my friends sometime and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations. I was considering Your Name or a Ghibli movie, but what are your guys' opinions? I'd prefer something that leans towards a more lighthearted atmosphere and a runtime that's on the shorter side.

Response to Anime Club 2021-12-06 11:39:22

At 11/29/21 04:00 PM, Userovich wrote: Hi, I'm thinking of maybe watching an anime movie with my friends sometime and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations. I was considering Your Name or a Ghibli movie, but what are your guys' opinions? I'd prefer something that leans towards a more lighthearted atmosphere and a runtime that's on the shorter side.

These are good options. If you want to watch a more classic anime after that, Project A-ko is very entertaining.