00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,128 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-03-04 18:35:47

At 3/4/18 05:57 PM, Snakesamus92 wrote: Need help on "Theres a monkey behind the keyboard" for Munglai's Famous Art Parodies 9?

0 points

You've already been told THREE times on how to obtain the medal.

You simply answer every question wrong.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-04-07 22:25:31

Just wanted to resurrect this thread a little bit.

Here's 400 points you can get in 20 minutes or less:

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-04-20 13:33:27

Smallest metroid ever with scoreboards and medals. 500 points , 10 medals up for grabs in the shortest metroidish game you will ever play.

------------------------------------------------------------

Save the Frog Princess. (Why is the link not generated the game's image by the way?? Or at least it hadn't until I'm editing some text *before* the link, so we'll see if that solves it)

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/615588/

One insanely hard game if you want all medals. For "Complete 30 levels" medal, which is the hardest medal of all to obtain by the way, you only need 3 cannon balls in 30 of the 32 total levels. So it's very nice medal description was correct considering I don't think it's possible to obtain 3 cannon balls score in level 15 or level 31.

My review of the game should say level 31 instead of level 3. Typo but then "reviews are permanent".
If someone wants to make a correcting review saying level 31 is the impossible one, and not level 3, that'd be okay.

For the rest of the levels you do have to aim really well but also be extremely lucky. I think I replayed level 18 at least 50 times before I finally got the 3 cannon balls score there.

If you can do it in level 15 or level 31, how? I genuinely believe it is impossible in those levels. But again thankfully you don't need to do it in those levels provided you do it in literally all other levels.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-04-23 18:00:08

Retro Rocket Rampage

To limit your score, intentionally get hit then immediately pause the game and wait a bit then unpause. It is up to you to figure out why you may want to do this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:02:51

Does anyone else get consistent crashes from gamezhero's mobile ports? Earlier Sea Boom crashed the whole Flash plugin as well as one of my extensions and a game running through Steam. Then Crashzilla (unplayable with a mouse, just awful content) , appropriately, crashed the whole browser (and the Steam game again). Had this happen once or twice before but not so consistently. I'm using Firefox - anyone know if running these in Chrome would be more successful?

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:41:37

At 5/3/18 09:02 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Does anyone else get consistent crashes from gamezhero's mobile ports? Earlier Sea Boom crashed the whole Flash plugin as well as one of my extensions and a game running through Steam. Then Crashzilla (unplayable with a mouse, just awful content) , appropriately, crashed the whole browser (and the Steam game again). Had this happen once or twice before but not so consistently. I'm using Firefox - anyone know if running these in Chrome would be more successful?

What do you mean by mobile ports? I just tried to proceed a bit with the Sea Boom using Firefox and no crashes so far.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:44:30

At 5/3/18 09:41 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 5/3/18 09:02 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Does anyone else get consistent crashes from gamezhero's mobile ports? Earlier Sea Boom crashed the whole Flash plugin as well as one of my extensions and a game running through Steam. Then Crashzilla (unplayable with a mouse, just awful content) , appropriately, crashed the whole browser (and the Steam game again). Had this happen once or twice before but not so consistently. I'm using Firefox - anyone know if running these in Chrome would be more successful?
What do you mean by mobile ports? I just tried to proceed a bit with the Sea Boom using Firefox and no crashes so far.

They're mobile games that were uploaded to Newgrounds (maybe some file conversion was involved). Crashzilla for example is designed for touchscreen controls, and Sea Boom has the Google Play icons and typical mobile layout.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:52:22

At 5/3/18 09:44 PM, Bobogoobo wrote:
They're mobile games that were uploaded to Newgrounds (maybe some file conversion was involved). Crashzilla for example is designed for touchscreen controls, and Sea Boom has the Google Play icons and typical mobile layout.

Ahh, right. I only checked both on my laptop, on Firefox and no crashes occurred.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:55:30

At 5/3/18 09:52 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 5/3/18 09:44 PM, Bobogoobo wrote:
Ahh, right. I only checked both on my laptop, on Firefox and no crashes occurred.

Alright, thanks for checking.
By the way, would you happen to remember how to get the medal in Amazing Pipes and could PM me a hint? I scoured the game twice and didn't find anything :$

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-03 21:58:39

At 5/3/18 09:55 PM, Bobogoobo wrote:
By the way, would you happen to remember how to get the medal in Amazing Pipes and could PM me a hint? I scoured the game twice and didn't find anything :$

I will have to refresh my memory, I'll get back to you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-09 00:14:16

Medals added to all of these games. They seem to be in working order, some take a little bit to unlock. Difficult games though.
https://catomgames.newgrounds.com/games/

A small treat for the sudoku fans.
13 Medals, 500 points up for grabs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-29 00:26:50

At 5/28/18 10:42 PM, MissAliciaHart wrote: What does it mean if a medal has a blue lock displayed on it?

It means it's a secret medal that hasn't been unlocked yet.

BBS Signature

At 5/29/18 07:41 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 5/29/18 12:46 AM, MissAliciaHart wrote:
At 5/29/18 12:26 AM, Big-Boss wrote:
At 5/28/18 10:42 PM, MissAliciaHart wrote: What does it mean if a medal has a blue lock displayed on it?
It means it's a secret medal that hasn't been unlocked yet.
Even if I already unlocked that medal in whatever game I played to unlock it?
Sorry for the misinformation. You have unlocked the medal but the medal will still show as being locked on profiles for whatever reason. You do have it but it still looks locked

It does that on my profile, too. But secret medals also show up with a blue lock when they are still locked. That's what I thought OP meant.

@MissAliciaHart

What NekoMika said is correct. There's a weird glitch or something that shows that unlocked secret medals are still locked.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-30 19:24:57

???
Help! I Can't Get Pass The Piano Part! I Red The Paper A Lot Of Times And Clicked On The Notes In Some Orders And Now It Won't Help Me!
Can You Help Me By Putting A Screenshot in it?

Game I'm In: Monstrous House Escape
Problem I'm Having On: The Piano Wont Let Me Cuz I Tired To Find the Code But Fails
Can You Help Me? I Needed A Hint

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-31 02:44:00

At 5/30/18 07:54 PM, NekoMika wrote: selfdefiant almost always provides a video guide for anyone who might get stuck.

Can confirm. And it's almost always, rather than always, too! For a lot of his games, particularly the earlier ones, you will likely need a walkthrough at least at some point due to his heavy usage of bat logic. And for those unaware of what bat logic is it's when a game requires you to do certain things which are in no way even slightly logical but you have to do them like that.

There are some selfdefiant games with no walkthrough though and for those you'll just have to slug it out and hope you don't get stuck.

The Tab trick can also help on at least earlier selfdefiant games. Doesn't work so much on newer ones. And for those unaware of the tab trick it's where you keep pressing tab and it'll cycle through clickable items by highlighting them with a yellow rectangle. Tends to work in lots of older Flash games. Actually should work in any games in which the author didn't explicitly disable that functionality I do believe? It's like a default, for debugging purposes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-31 07:29:13

At 5/30/18 07:54 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 5/30/18 07:24 PM, Flowercat07 wrote: ???
Help! I Can't Get Pass The Piano Part! I Red The Paper A Lot Of Times And Clicked On The Notes In Some Orders And Now It Won't Help Me!
Click the Walkthrough button in the lower right corner, selfdefiant almost always provides a video guide for anyone who

Well The Walkthrough May Be Cheating But Who Knows... I'll Use That L8r.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-05-31 15:47:17

At 5/30/18 07:24 PM, Flowercat07 wrote:
Click the Walkthrough button in the lower right corner, selfdefiant almost always provides a video guide for anyone who
Well The Walkthrough May Be Cheating But Who Knows... I'll Use That L8r.

Most Walkthoughs would not include cheating. If they do, it would be noted that it was a cheat. That way people the wanted to play fair, would ignore that section.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-04 20:19:31

Highest Score medal "Get the #1 All-Time score in Invaders From Space."

I noticed a few more people had recently obtained that, yet none had surpassed Nijsse's score and mine being the #2 score right behind Nijsse. So much time spent trying to surpass his score to obtain that medal when I had an idea.

I simply clicked the little down-pointing arrow at the top-right of the in-game high scores and changed it from All-Time to Today. Medal get!

Much MUCH easier method of obtaining that medal and finally don't have to keep trying to surpass Nijsse's score. So all you gotta do to get the medal is get the highest score for the day, and change the in-game scoreboard from All-Time to Today. As it's not a newer game and presumably not as many people playing it, this should be easy -- either get the best score for the day or wait until a new day and get the first score of the day (by default top daily score).

Now I feel silly spending all that time trying to surpass Nijsse's score when there was this much easier method.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-06 03:39:22

At 6/4/18 08:19 PM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610681
Much MUCH easier method of obtaining that medal and finally don't have to keep trying to surpass Nijsse's score. So all you gotta do to get the medal is get the highest score for the day, and change the in-game scoreboard from All-Time to Today. As it's not a newer game and presumably not as many people playing it, this should be easy -- either get the best score for the day or wait until a new day and get the first score of the day (by default top daily score).

Thanks for the tip! That is certainly much easier. Seems this might be a one-off or rare strategy, sadly - other games with similar medals seem to check the scoreboard themselves.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-06 03:55:47

At 6/6/18 03:39 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Thanks for the tip! That is certainly much easier. Seems this might be a one-off or rare strategy, sadly - other games with similar medals seem to check the scoreboard themselves.

Would there be a way to find all the games that this tip would work on?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-06 04:19:29

At 6/6/18 03:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/6/18 03:39 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Thanks for the tip! That is certainly much easier. Seems this might be a one-off or rare strategy, sadly - other games with similar medals seem to check the scoreboard themselves.

You'd have to know all the games that have scoreboard-related medals, don't think there's any way to find them automatically. I tried this on a couple that I had posted about before.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-06 18:43:41

At 6/6/18 03:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Well I'm not a fan of global highscore-based medals for obvious reasons. Namely that all it'll take is one person to cheat the score and then ruin it for everyone else. But besides that point it's kind of a douche move (but not against any rules) for a player who already has such a medal to continually try to max out some ridiculous score for the express purposes of locking others out of that medal.

For what it's worth, in those cases, I have tried to get higher than the top score, but not too much higher, just enough so that I can claim my medal and then allow the next person easier access to it. But of course regardless if you do that it's still more difficult for each next person to earn. And it really does look like Nijsse just intentionally grinded out way beyond what was necessary in that game just to make the medal harder for others to earn. Fortunately I found that workaround for that one game.

As to if it'll work in others only way to know is try it. But so far it hasn't worked in the few other games I've tried it in that have global highscore requirements.

Also what if you did happen to earn the top score but then for whatever reason the game did not unlock the medal for you? Broken medal? But it'd be really hard to prove if people need to top an already ridiculous score to get a shot at seeing if it's broken or not. There is a case of another game with global highscore medals which you have to go to the main menu of the game and load high scores from there or you'll never get your medals even with global highest score, so yeah always read the helpful comments but still.

And I try to leave helpful comments if some medal was just completely not fair or didn't award in a usual way. I know some people like to keep that stuff secret, but I compete based on skills, not based on knowledge of some arcana no one else is privy to.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-14 06:12:27

I really have to thank @PulseLane for this.

As some of you may know, I was cheated out of Beat Weedman, Beat Weedman So Slow, and Beat Weedman So High medals. I thought they were broken as they never awarded for me, and also it never recorded any times for me and my "Weedplays" would not save correctly for some reason.

Well I watched PulseLane's "Weedplay". This game is so stupid! In order to obtain the Beat Weedman, Beat Weedman So Slow, or Beat Weedman So High medals, on the last screen you have to take the girl, then move left for some completely bat logic reason and somehow don't die.

What I had been doing was jumping over the girl and escaping out the exit stage right. Since it's possible to pixel perfect land left of the girl without picking her up, you can do that, then jump over her, then run out the exit to your right. Well if you do that way you'll still beat the game and get the same ending, just it'll never award you any of those three particular medals. (You can get all other medals doing it this way however)

My "Weedplays" still won't save correctly and are all corrupted and won't play back, which is a real shame. The one I had saved (which displays only the broken jpeg picture) was of my perfect run through the game, no deaths. And that would have been damn impressive for people to watch and it took a lot of tries to do as well. At least people can get all the medals now. (Well, provided they have the skill required for this super hard game!)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-15 15:48:14

Rivea

To get the Resourceful medal you will have to play the game in Chrome, and what worked for me was replaying the first stage about 50ish times in a row, using the bomb each time, all in one sitting.

I know for fact if you just merely play out the game normally, even though you've certainly used bombs well over 35 times (what the medal description states) it will cheat you the medal. Do it all in one sitting without reloading the game.

Also I know for fact this will not work on Firefox as you can never use the bomb ability on Firefox because for some reason it just pauses/unpauses the game on that browser when you left click (which is supposed to use a bomb), despite P also doing the exact same thing so there's no reason for this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-16 17:15:08

Dynamic Systems 2

You can just ignore the "locks" on the level select screen. You can play any level you want at any time, regardless if it still is "locked" or not as the game does not enforce the "locks" for some reason.

Use this to your advantage to play only the stages which award medals if you want the medals faster.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-17 21:25:04

At 6/16/18 05:15 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Giving all the tips

Thanks for giving so many tips lately. You have been doing a great job. Just wanted to let you know, since nobody else will probably mention it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-18 00:29:35

At 6/17/18 09:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Thanks for giving so many tips lately. You have been doing a great job. Just wanted to let you know, since nobody else will probably mention it.

Well thanks man. Just trying to help people out. Like I said, I'd rather compete based on skill than based on keeping secrets from people.

So especially if a medal or medals don't tend to award fairly, that seems fair enough reason to put up a guide of sorts. I also do the same in my comments of games sometimes. I know if I'm having problems with medals, first thing I do is read through the comments to see if anyone put something useful.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-21 08:31:52

The avatar BG still looks like shyt, lol

So The Picture Is An Elephant?