00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,151 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-21 10:23:08

At 6/30/12 06:17 PM, Shantom wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/598250

I Like Yeah Jam Fury! But The Game Won't Let Me Play On The NG Version :( Neko Told Me To Use A Different program… But Now What?
And Why The Black Screen Keeps Seeing On Me Like Mr. Super Is Watching Me?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-21 17:58:25

At 6/21/18 10:23 AM, Flowercat07 wrote:
At 6/30/12 06:17 PM, Shantom wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/598250
I Like Yeah Jam Fury! But The Game Won't Let Me Play On The NG Version :( Neko Told Me To Use A Different program… But Now What?
And Why The Black Screen Keeps Seeing On Me Like Mr. Super Is Watching Me?

And you've actually tried on different browsers? You've actually cross-posted this to lots of threads by now.

Clear your cache, try on different browsers, and also sometimes you gotta wait a while while a game loads depending on computer speed and Internet connection speed. It works for everyone else, so it's probably just your computer and browser combo.

At this point, I would say just play that game on another website if it works for you there but not on Newgrounds. I'm not sure why that would be the case considering the Newgrounds version works just fine for everyone else, but that may be the easiest thing for you to do.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-06-26 23:41:37

This game has 6 medals even though if you go to the game itself it appears to have zero medals.
The medals appear to work, however, and will be awarded on-profile should you earn them.
The in-game medals button will tell you about which medals the game has and how to obtain them.

Also, it's Acrobat Smashers when you play the game, but AcrobatTest on your profile.

Just one of those weird ones like that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-07-17 02:51:02

This stinker. This stinker right here.

As anyone knows who has played that game, there is no way you're getting any of the three hardest points-based medals off just playing the game normally. I mean maybe you can set up your mouse some weird way or it behaves different in some particular browser or something, maybe, but nah I'm not buying it.

I'll tell you what does work though! Play until the "Your Final Score is -- Is That the Best You can DO?" screen. Then, instead of clicking "return to menu" just right-click somewhere underneath "Is that the best you can do?" and above "return to menu" and choose "Back". You'll now play again at the same score as you finished. (It'll say 0 at first but then once it starts you're back at your old score). Repeat as much as you want until you're above the cutoff score for a medal, then lose, medal get.

Repeat for all three medals.

Anyone who has the medals either did it this way (except they weren't nice and telling how they did it, like I am), or else they did the big no-no of using a cheating program on it. Only two ways it can be done.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-07-18 11:14:00

At 7/17/18 02:51 AM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/545573

As anyone knows who has played that game, there is no way you're getting any of the three hardest points-based medals off just playing the game normally. but nah I'm not buying it.

Since the medals are almost impossible to earn playing fair, will they be removed?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-07-18 11:47:14

At 7/17/18 02:51 AM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/545573

I gave the game a chance and played it for about 45 minutes. Yes, the medals need to be removed. Going through the six pages of comments, and several players mentioned that you need autoclicker to earn all three. If a medal needs autoclicker to be earned, than it should be removed.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-07-18 18:10:35

At 7/18/18 11:14 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Since the medals are almost impossible to earn playing fair, will they be removed?

No, but were you not paying attention? I literally spelled out one way to legitimately earn the medals without using cheating programs. That was the entire point of my game tips post!

If a game requires glitching to obtain medals, but every glitch is done straight within the game itself (not using some outside cheating program) then that is allowed and always has been.

Just do literally what I said and the medals are easy to get, but it's the only way they're easy to get.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-07-18 18:19:58

At 7/18/18 06:10 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/18/18 11:14 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Since the medals are almost impossible to earn playing fair, will they be removed?
No, but were you not paying attention? I literally spelled out one way to legitimately earn the medals without using cheating programs. That was the entire point of my game tips post!

I was paying attention, and thank you for the information.

If a game requires glitching to obtain medals, but every glitch is done straight within the game itself (not using some outside cheating program) then that is allowed and always has been.

I understand that glitching is allowed, but it always feels strange. Medals should be able to be earned by playing the game fair and square.

Just do literally what I said and the medals are easy to get, but it's the only way they're easy to get.

I will see what I can do. Keep up the good work with all the gaming tips.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-03 15:07:13

Does anybody remember this game?

Is there anything you should do in order to get the "Game completed" medal except just finding all the artifacts? I found all of them, but the medal did not unlock.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-03 20:10:46

At 8/3/18 03:07 PM, HerbieG wrote: Does anybody remember this game?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/598439
Is there anything you should do in order to get the "Game completed" medal except just finding all the artifacts? I found all of them, but the medal did not unlock.

Have you tried refreshing the page? Sometimes, that will work for me when I earn a medal in game, but do not receive it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-19 06:58:51

15 medals and 500 points up for grabs in my recently published game Upwards.
Check it out :

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-21 19:39:52

At 8/21/18 07:27 PM, RightTime wrote:
I remember that game. I also remember finding the end game obnoxious enough to just outright abandon it. In any case, it looks like you managed to unlock the medal without any addition assistance. Was it just a delayed unlock or something more complicated?

Well, I was expecting that medal to unlock like the other medals related to the previous complete collections of "artifacts", but in this case you have to leave the planet you are currently on-exit to the map of space; there you will see a circle different from the others without any description (not a planet, moon, planetoid etc.). You need to click on it, then click on "play" and you will finally see the game completed screen saying that you beat the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-21 23:06:29

At 8/21/18 07:27 PM, RightTime wrote: To get the 5000 points and 10000 medals on the game Moles Attack it isn't enough to just score that many points in Endless mode.

Why would the Author make extra steps just to earn the two medals?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651676
You need to then keep the game open for hours for those two medals to actually unlock. For whatever reason the receipt of these scores is extremely delayed on the game. I had to leave the game open in my browser for almost 4 hours.

When I am ready to for those medals, I will have to remember to keep my computer on over night.

Thanks for the medal tips.

BBS Signature

I'm stuck on getting ball fondler for seed of destruction. Anyone got any tips?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-23 11:56:32

Nevermind. I practice so many times that I got it anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-24 01:28:34

At 8/23/18 12:26 PM, RightTime wrote: So I was looking at the Medal Games Wiki and noticed that there are over a hundred Medal Game Guides, but only one walkthrough for Cuboy: Back to the Cubeture 2. Its kind of weird to have a category with one item in it, when it could be easily rolled into the larger Game Guides list.

That does sound odd. The medal guides should have a better organization system.

As an fyi, if you're having problems with getting a certain medal there's a good chance that someone has either written a guide for it (either here or elsewhere) or included some information about it in the comments section.

That is very true, especially for older medal games.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-26 05:14:12

At 8/21/18 07:27 PM, RightTime wrote: To get the 5000 points and 10000 medals on the game Moles Attack it isn't enough to just score that many points in Endless mode.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651676
You need to then keep the game open for hours for those two medals to actually unlock. For whatever reason the receipt of these scores is extremely delayed on the game. I had to leave the game open in my browser for almost 4 hours until I received the 5000 point medal and will likely have to wait just as long for the second one to unlock. A less annoying way around this is to just unlock those medals before you go to bed and leave your computer on overnight.

That's actually not necessary. All you need to do is meet the requirements (medals appear in game but are cheated on-profile), then reload the game and replay the game and you only need to wait maybe 10 minutes. They won't re-appear but they will go to your profile at some point doing it that way.

But there is still one broken medal in that game, currently at 0 points as no one has ever unlocked it. It's the one for 3-starring the final stage. Incidentally, there is one of the stages (but not the final stage) which is impossible to get 3 stars on and you only can get 2. Not sure if that oversight bug is preventing that medal from working, but probably. Most likely just a case of bad counting, requiring one more mole hit than the stage gives you or something.

I do wish Newgrounds had a bit higher standards for games than these CS101 type project games but unfortunately it doesn't. So that's why you'll see things like Whack-a-mole, Towers of Hanoi, Tic-Tac-Toe, and so on, which are extremely common assignments in beginner's programming courses. Even the endless Flappy Bird clones would fit under that umbrella.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-08-26 23:30:32

At 8/26/18 07:59 AM, RightTime wrote: That might work for people who don't clean out their game data when they close their browser, but for those that do it may not. I've played plenty of medal games where that was an issue. Not everyone interacts with the site the same way nor does everyone get medals to unlock the same way. What works for you may not work for others.

Here's a medal tip for you. Don't clean out your browser cache while trying to collect medals in games unless absolutely necessary. There are many medals which require one to reload the page and play the game again to obtain. You will never earn any of these medals if you don't stop clearing browser cache all the time.

The only time to clear browser cache in regards to medals is when the medal was earned but cheated from you *and* reloading the game and playing for about 10 to 15 minutes or so doesn't suffice for the medals awarding on your profile.

And I find it quite laughable you recommend people clear their browser cache after every play and present a method which takes 4 hours (if medals connection doesn't break by that time, which it often will in games) and meanwhile I present a better method which takes roughly 10 minutes, which you poo poo only because you unfortunately hadn't thought of it first before spending hours.

Rather than be thankful someone presented an improved means of obtaining the medals you just got mad about it.

This thread really isn't appropriate for your armchair critiquing of the site. Its not a medal game tip or trick. There are endless other places you can and have done that. Try to restrict it to those areas next time.

Nice backseat modding there. Are you a moderator? Didn't think so.

And it is relevant because it is precisely those types of games which frequently do have medals problems or need workarounds for obtaining them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-09-13 19:06:05

If you will come across a problem with getting medals in this game, especially for the infinite mode:

don't panic, it is storing medals data and re-sending them after you reload the page. The game seems to be disconnecting from NG quite fast.
Unfortunately after reloading your scores will not be posted.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-09-16 17:40:20

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-09-16 19:48:31

At 9/16/18 05:40 PM, HerbieG wrote: Did anybody else lost all the progress in this?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/713803

My progress is perfectly fine.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-09-21 01:21:51

My NGmedals medal assistant program is updated - the latest site update had caused an error. I had to update the version of Python that comes with it, so you need to redownload the ZIP file and overwrite the current program files if you use it already. Let me know if there are any further issues.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-03 19:29:23

Does anyone remember how to get the second secret medal ("One Of Every Flavor") in Rock 'N' Load?

I tried collecting one of every powerup in the pre-boss stage of level 2, killing an enemy with every weapon in one stage, and I think I used every level 3 weapon but not sure. Pretty much did all I can think of right now. Unless it was the last thing I did and I lost my API connection, because NG.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-03 20:34:35

At 10/3/18 07:29 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Does anyone remember how to get the second secret medal ("One Of Every Flavor") in Rock 'N' Load?

I'll answer this in an old style of this thread: PM sent ;-)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-04 18:05:34

At 10/3/18 08:34 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 10/3/18 07:29 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Does anyone remember how to get the second secret medal ("One Of Every Flavor") in Rock 'N' Load?
I'll answer this in an old style of this thread: PM sent ;-)

Got it, thank you for the help!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-05 13:15:37

At 9/16/18 05:40 PM, HerbieG wrote: Did anybody else lost all the progress in this?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/713803

Progress remains just fine. Probably your browser cache got cleared either you cleared it or it hit some default max threshold set for your browser and your browser decided to start clearing out some older stuff.

Also related but see here https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434726 which still no one has responded to.

The game is impossible to find via searching Newgrounds and try it yourself. Only way to get the game is if you just happen to have a link to the URL handy, because using the site search and whether you restrict it to games or even just all and it's not anywhere to be found anymore!

I'm guessing that when a game is removed by the author, then re-added, that it doesn't re-add to the search database, which would be a site-wide Newgrounds bug.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-10 19:08:16

Does anybody remember who submitted this game in the first place some 2 years ago? There were also 2 levels in it and even medals were added, but finally the author failed to finish it and removed it:

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-11 07:39:15

At 10/10/18 07:08 PM, HerbieG wrote: Does anybody remember who submitted this game in the first place some 2 years ago? There were also 2 levels in it and even medals were added, but finally the author failed to finish it and removed it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/718407

Are you trying to determine that it's stolen or?

If so, it got blammed anyways.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-10-11 07:42:32

At 10/11/18 07:39 AM, Big-Boss wrote:
Are you trying to determine that it's stolen or?

If so, it got blammed anyways.

And that's good news. Actually I was 100% sure it was stolen, but simply could not prove it since I did not remember who was the author of this game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-11-01 20:44:17

Anyone have tips on the first boss? If you spend time killing the minions, you never get to hit the boss. If you ignore them, you get skull spammed to death. Hard to find a happy medium, I just keep dying.