00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,117 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-11-02 01:19:51

At 11/1/18 08:44 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/719320
Anyone have tips on the first boss? If you spend time killing the minions, you never get to hit the boss. If you ignore them, you get skull spammed to death. Hard to find a happy medium, I just keep dying.

Have you tried sending a PM to the author for help? That has worked for me in the past.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2018-11-24 21:00:36

The instructions found in the game description pretty much sum up everything you have to do to win. IT IS INCREDIBLY EASY AND SHORT! There are five 100 point medals.

Medals work and appear on your profile, but do not show up on the game page. Medals are:

Skip intro

Watch intro

Get negative score

Get positive score

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-01-12 19:11:05

I'm having trouble figuring out Alkie Kong 2. It's super hard for sure, but my question is for the beating of the game does that mean the whole game or just level 15?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-01-13 15:55:45

At 1/5/19 08:02 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589981

Medals work and appear on your profile, but do not show up on the game page. Medals are:
Skip intro
Watch intro
Get negative score
Get positive score

Thanks for the update and information.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Can anyone give a hint for the secret medal in Roundabout 2? It's not getting all the previous medals, and my highest score is 74 on Triangle so I hope it's not a higher score requirement :P

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

At 2/16/19 08:34 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Can anyone give a hint for the secret medal in Roundabout 2? It's not getting all the previous medals, and my highest score is 74 on Triangle so I hope it's not a higher score requirement :P

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726291

Evolution Wrong Way In Mario Kart (1992-2018)

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-02-17 17:39:30

At 2/17/19 01:29 PM, PhantasyReal wrote:
At 2/16/19 08:34 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Can anyone give a hint for the secret medal in Roundabout 2? It's not getting all the previous medals, and my highest score is 74 on Triangle so I hope it's not a higher score requirement :P

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726291
Evolution Wrong Way In Mario Kart (1992-2018)

Heh, clever, surprised I didn't think to try that. Thanks!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-02-19 08:51:43

Can't get 3 medals from this game https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/655534 even after following the "walkthrough"

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-03-18 01:21:06

Anyone know what browser you can play this piece of crap game on?

The Blade Overlord

It doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox. Please tell me this isn't one of those asinine must be played in Internet Explorer type games.

All you get is hung on some sort of "User Select" screen with a green lightsaber and you can't do jack shit. No options to create players or start the game or anything.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-03-18 09:05:05

At 3/18/19 01:21 AM, NeonSpider wrote:

It doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox. Please tell me this isn't one of those asinine must be played in Internet Explorer type games.

All you get is hung on some sort of "User Select" screen with a green lightsaber and you can't do jack shit. No options to create players or start the game or anything.

I just loaded the game on Firefox and it worked without any problems. You write your user name, select it, then select an arena to play.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-03-18 09:20:37

At 3/18/19 09:05 AM, HerbieG wrote: I just loaded the game on Firefox and it worked without any problems. You write your user name, select it, then select an arena to play.

Where? There is no place that accepts input of any type. There is nowhere to write anything. You can click and the green light saber mouse cursor lights up. That's the extent of the interactivity. The game "plays" exactly as I have described on my machine, on both Firefox and Chrome.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-03-18 10:33:51

At 3/18/19 09:20 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 3/18/19 09:05 AM, HerbieG wrote: I just loaded the game on Firefox and it worked without any problems. You write your user name, select it, then select an arena to play.
Where? There is no place that accepts input of any type. There is nowhere to write anything. You can click and the green light saber mouse cursor lights up. That's the extent of the interactivity. The game "plays" exactly as I have described on my machine, on both Firefox and Chrome.

Click on a "Create new user" button in the bottom right corner, then you should see a small screen where you write your name:

iu_14104_4966006.jpg

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-03-18 11:43:49

At 3/18/19 10:33 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 3/18/19 09:20 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
Click on a "Create new user" button in the bottom right corner, then you should see a small screen where you write your name:

I can't. The game screen only extends 7 1/2 squares vertical and 15 squares horizontal, and with no way to scroll it further. And by squares I mean those literal squares you see in that grid-like formation in your screenshot. So that'll show you about how much of that screen I'm seeing, including all that I am not seeing.

So the place I would need to click is nonexistent for me. I can't play it.

Thanks for trying though. Just a terribly-coded game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-04-16 12:43:34

Anyone know how to get the secret medal in Villainous ? I saw it mentioned prior in here, but the only responses where 'dunno' followed by PMing the info, so...

-Death to all you suckers muahahah....CUPCAKE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-04-19 14:02:16

How to get little head in this game?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-04-25 16:05:17

At 4/19/19 02:02 PM, HerbieG wrote: How to get little head in this game?
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628123

Medal/20 - I got this by hitting Medusa head with my head in first level. Just jumped, died (did this on REAL MODE) and got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-05-04 07:46:53

Did anybody play this game recently

and earned the Exhaust LW and Slaughter medals?

I asked the author, @D-SuN, but received no answer.

As for the first one: I know that the D attack has some variations, but I performed them all and obviously all of the other wasd attacks, yet this medal did not unlock.

The Slaughter one: there is one idiotic thing with the design of the 12th level: the stupid creatures walking on those very short platforms usually fall before I even reach them. I tried to kill them using the ultimate attack, but for some dumb reason the game is not considering it as properly done.

There's a hidden 100-point medal on this, just press space.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-08-29 16:28:09

At 4/4/17 04:55 AM, Reflectionist wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/691014
Any help on how to obtain the 'Black Watch' medal?

ah that's easy on the main menu just click the question mark next to the word hero :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-08-29 21:04:22

At 8/17/19 06:20 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: There's a hidden 100-point medal on this, just press space.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628767

Nice find!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-08-30 02:47:40

At 9/15/17 01:08 AM, HerbieG wrote: Did anyone of you encounter this bug? I collected all the coins so far, all levels on A+, but the game is telling me that I got 3 coins less than I really collected. Can it be fixed in any way or my save is already screwed? I tried replaying the previous levels, but it doesn't help.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651749

No medals in that game work. I would say it's a broken medals game.

They don't work in Firefox and they don't work in Chrome.

At 8/17/19 06:20 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: There's a hidden 100-point medal on this, just press space.

This is pretty cool. I wonder how many more medals are hidden in Newgrounds with nobody ever realizing they're there.

One way of finding them would be to search them by adding a number from 1 to 58011 (the amount of medals on NG) at the end of the URL https://www.newgrounds.com/ngio/medal/. But yeah, that might be a bit tedious...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-09-01 21:40:46

Anyone know the secret medal for this one?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-09-01 21:57:06

At 9/1/19 09:40 PM, blyndid wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/737576

Anyone know the secret medal for this one?

You almost did it already. You just need to get to level 10 in level up mode.

At 9/1/19 08:49 PM, Optimos wrote:

This is pretty cool. I wonder how many more medals are hidden in Newgrounds with nobody ever realizing they're there.

One way of finding them would be to search them by adding a number from 1 to 58011 (the amount of medals on NG) at the end of the URL https://www.newgrounds.com/ngio/medal/. But yeah, that might be a bit tedious...

I found that one when browsing someone's medal list, I forget who.

But that's why I really want a proper API for medals. That way I could get a whole set of information like that in one request (or a handful at the worst), instead of thousands. I want to rewrite my medal program as a website so anyone can see all the information easily (plus better formatting etc), but it's not worth it without improvements to NG's system. Access to something like that would get me to be a Supporter for sure, none of the current perks appeal to me.

Maybe I'm dumb, but...

how do I beat the final boss in it?

The hole just keeps throwing stuff at me forever and the only things I can destroy are those small black holes...

Do I need a specific weapon for that level?

PS

Ok, after few tons of ammo more the hole finally was kind enough to explode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-09-08 00:09:11

At 9/7/19 09:24 PM, HerbieG wrote: Maybe I'm dumb, but...
how do I beat the final boss in it?
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/574900
The hole just keeps throwing stuff at me forever and the only things I can destroy are those small black holes...
Do I need a specific weapon for that level?

PS

Ok, after few tons of ammo more the hole finally was kind enough to explode.

didnt notice your PS so i went back and beat it. it seems like 2 rubber cannons, 1 ghost cannon, 1 antimatter cannon was most effective against it. its been so long i dont remember how i beat it the first time. fun game though, i really enjoyed that one.

BBS Signature

At 10/28/19 12:51 PM, NekoMika wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/738878
Trying to complete this but noticing the second to last level is pretty much almost impossible since steering the right raindrop to the left as far as it can go and.... it still does not touch the raindrop below the first scratch. Any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind, seems you just press left once so it goes falling in that general direction. Took awhile to get it to the bottom of the screen.

Hah, I had the same problem. In games you can pretty much do whatever you want within the physics of the game and it's all about figuring out your limits. I didnt find that game difficult just different when the physics change with each level. I'm sure if he added some type of indicator he would have had more wins on that last level. Like frost does this or whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2019-12-23 21:54:27

To get that Best 3000 medal, first grind until you've unlocked the final ship.

As the final ship, fly between the first two grey asteroids. Then, and this is very important, fly under all the red asteroids, almost going off the bottom of the screen. In fact you'll have a few pixels leeway and might die a few times but can get the hang of it. Do so until you have a score of at least 3000. You'll also notice this gives you many more points than flying in the middle. (Which you couldn't do anyway due to you'd die due to terrible game design)

Only way the ridiculous scores in the game are possible.

Most of the rest of the medals in the game are just grind.

That leaves the 1000 points with the first ship medal, which is possible. Note it isn't possible to get very far with any of the later ships (unless you're dipping beneath the lowest asteroids) and this dipping beneath trick isn't possible with the first ship.