00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AaronOkami just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,262 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-25 22:21:37

If I talk about my school's hockey program here, will there be a major problem? Miami University has a great program and I'd love to be able to talk about it here like I like talk about their football program in the "American Football Discussion" thread.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 04:30:17

At 9/25/11 06:26 PM, Canas wrote: We need more people! 10 teams ain't enough.

If you're a hockey fan and a Newgrounds member you have no excuse not to get involved in this year's fantasy league.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ho ckey

Alright, I am under the name "The Broskis" by the way, because I am infact a wrestling nerd. and Zack Ryder is the lulz

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 12:49:58

At 9/25/11 06:26 PM, Canas wrote: We need more people! 10 teams ain't enough.

If you're a hockey fan and a Newgrounds member you have no excuse not to get involved in this year's fantasy league.

My excuse - I'm shit at fantasy hockey and I just don't want in this term. Maybe next time.

At 9/25/11 10:21 PM, ZJ wrote: If I talk about my school's hockey program here, will there be a major problem? Miami University has a great program and I'd love to be able to talk about it here like I like talk about their football program in the "American Football Discussion" thread.

Sure, go right ahead and talk - we might have a future NHLer or two in there, you never know!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 12:57:31

At 9/26/11 12:49 PM, Coop wrote:
At 9/25/11 10:21 PM, ZJ wrote: If I talk about my school's hockey program here, will there be a major problem? Miami University has a great program and I'd love to be able to talk about it here like I like talk about their football program in the "American Football Discussion" thread.
Sure, go right ahead and talk - we might have a future NHLer or two in there, you never know!

Ha, that's true. According to Wikipedia, former Miami RedHawks currently playing in the NHL include Dan Boyle, Ryan Jones, Kevyn Adams, Andy Greene, and Tommy Wingels.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 22:03:20

At 9/26/11 09:55 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Ah how easy it is to HATE Boston, haha.

Well, Boston replaced my hate for Chicago, and Boston has stupider accents and Chicago actually is cool... I still don't like the Blackhawks to much but, rivalry. Boston is just a hole.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 22:11:06

I still find Chicago easier to hate than Boston. It's probably a Detroit thing.

The team I hate most right now is San Jose -- Not because they beat us two years in a row, but because their fans on the internet are so fucking trolly. For a team that has never won a cup, they have some superiority issues. I refuse to view game day threads on sports forums when they're playing.

Actually, on second thought, I don't hate the Sharks -- I just hate their internet fans. For every real fan of the sport they have, there's a dozen no-lifers wasting their time on the internet claiming to be their fans.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-26 23:40:59

I generally hate Boston sports teams in general, partly due to their selective elitism from their fans. Once they start talking about one of their teams, then their Internet fans start cramming their forums saying that the 2010 Bruins are the best team ever assembled, and so on. Not to mention the fact that they completely ignore about the rest of their teams in the process, like they don't even exist. {except for Red Sox, which is year round.}

Truth be told, all teams have an "Internet fanbase" where there sole job is to get on to sports forums, and jam up the forums with stupid threads about how their team beat so and so, or if they got screwed by so and so. Within the Internet, you have anonymity, which sort of lets you get away with trolling, and acting like an ITG, even if your hockey team isn't that good at all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-09-27 22:02:50

At 9/26/11 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote:
I generally hate Boston sports teams

u guys jelly?

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-07 00:44:57

Red Wings opening night is tomorrow. Are you guys ready for this season?

It's going to be a different team this year, I can't wait to see what they do.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-07 16:29:01

At 9/27/11 10:02 PM, Triumvirate wrote: u guys jelly?

Very much so.

I really have nothing against the Bruins though, they're in the leafs division, so of course I hate them, but I don't have that 'FUCK THOSE GUYS' mentality, like I do with the Yankees, Red Sox, Canadiens, Lakers, Man U, etc.

Only I have to say that last years Bruins was probably one of the weaker Stanley Cup champs I can remember. They were just super clutch, and got ridiculous performances out of big Z and Thomas. Still, you have to be good to be lucky, and all that jazz. Better them than the Canucks anyhow.

ALSO. 1-0! FUCK YES. The first week of October, the only exciting time to be a Leaf fan.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-08 15:35:29

Buffalo eating the Kings alive 3-0 right now

GO SABRES

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-12 22:39:16

Found this picture from a couple years back, made me laugh like a motherfucker.

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 00:39:37

I haven't been seeing as many games as I'd like to see, but keeping up to date with everything through this app on my phone. Lets me see play-by-plays of the games even. So it's decent enough when I can't watch.

Somewhat happy with the outcome of today's 3 games. Colorado won, unfortunately barely.
Boston lost which makes me happy, I don't like them whatsoever, respect for winning the cup last season but to hell with em.

Not happy that Vancouver lost though, would have been nice if all three of my wishes of the games came true, maybe tomorrow's will.

Detroit's putting a big smile on my face, they might not be winning by much - But leading their division makes me happy, even though Predators are right behind them.

And the Canadiens got some real work to do...

What do you guys think of Winnipeg Jets now? As a team, they're just the Thrashers, so nothing is new necessarily. Because they are a Canadian team and I love my country, whether all players on the team are Canadian or not, it'd be nice if they'd do a lot better... Last in their division if I remember correctly.

What bothers me though, their logo... Doesn't it look like something a kid in school drew up or something? It just seems VERY unprofessional...

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 09:41:40

Well, Winnipeg's colour scheme is blue and white, and their logo features a prominent maple leaf, but you know, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

But yeah in terms of their roster, it's not that strong. A lot of guys on that team had breakout seasons last year (that they are unlikely to repeat) and they were still abysmal, so yeah I'd say a lottery pick isn't out of the question.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 09:59:07

At 3/27/11 05:33 AM, reverend wrote: I wonder if Dallas is a contender this season.
*checks standings
Nope. See ya next year.

I wonder if Dallas is a contender this season.

*checks roster

Nope. See ya next year.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 17:32:48

Oh, I don't know, they gave us a good game and Semyon Varlamov came up with the goods.

Also last night's tilt gave Gabriel Landeskog his first NHL goal and it was one of the weirder goals I'll ever see - it's almost like he's flicked it in off his skate, his butt or something around there, as he's jumped like a cheerleader as the puck came whistling past.

At 9/27/11 10:02 PM, Triumvirate wrote:
At 9/26/11 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote:
I generally hate Boston sports teams
u guys jelly?

Not really. 34 titles between the 4 franchises. Right, I'll counter with my four teams, shall I?

Colorado Avalanche (2 Stanley Cups)
New York Yankees (27 World Series)
Denver Nuggets (0 Titles - granted they are the weak link, but you brought the Celts into this.)
I don't like American Football, so I'll throw in my Football team, Aston Villa (7 League Titles)

That's 36 titles across my 4 teams, with only 34 across your 4. Hell, it's 36 if you total New York teams in the same sport (Yanks, Knicks, Giants and either Rangers or Islanders. I'd chosen the Giants because of something about the Jets & Mets, so I've heard)

In other words, sit down, kid.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 19:20:59

At 10/13/11 05:32 PM, Coop wrote: In other words, sit down, kid.

That's cool. I could bandwagon the Yankees, Lakers, Canadiens and Packers. But to do it from one city.

Also I'm starting to regret not picking two starting goaltenders.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-13 23:01:45

I was raised in to Montreal Canadiens being my fave team, but glad I never grew into them like my Dad did. They did AWFUL tonight, this whole season so far has been bad for them.

Now Detroit... :)
They had a great second period tonight, loved it. Datsyuk is my favorite player on that team, very fun to watch.
That Vancouver goal almost made it though, just a few milliseconds away and that wouldn't have been a shut out...

3-0 for Detroit though!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-19 04:19:21

Well, a perfect 5-0-0 road trip for the Avs. Now to see if the home cooking is as good as the meals we enjoyed at restaurants in Boston, Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto.

Yeah, I enjoyed that road trip.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-19 23:13:25

At 10/18/11 10:15 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Montreal Canadiens: providing us an occasion to facepalm since 1994.

Can't be worse than the Columbus Blue Jackets though. Except for '08 where they made the playoffs, {and got swept out} the Blue Jackets are just one big facepalm every year.

Kind of makes me wonder sometimes why Rick Nash hasn't been traded to somewhere else that is a contender.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-10-21 19:45:12

At 10/19/11 11:13 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 10/18/11 10:15 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Montreal Canadiens: providing us an occasion to facepalm since 1994.
Can't be worse than the Columbus Blue Jackets though. Except for '08 where they made the playoffs, {and got swept out} the Blue Jackets are just one big facepalm every year.

Kind of makes me wonder sometimes why Rick Nash hasn't been traded to somewhere else that is a contender.

But now they have Jeff Carter, they can make something happen... surely?

Okay, maybe not.

After the road trip for the record books for the Avs, we got beaten well by the Blackhawks 3-1 and we're going to have to wait a little longer for the first win at home. I guess I can get the jersey washed now... oh wait, we've got a game tomorrow, so no. Facing off at Chicago, so we put the unbeaten road record up there again. It's looking positive in Denver, for once :3

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-20 23:50:45

I think Newgrounds would appreciate just how sexy Nicklas Lidstrom is. Keep in mind that he's 41 years old.
Perfect human? Yes, yes indeed.

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-22 03:59:51

At 11/20/11 11:35 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Cindy Crosby is BACK!

4 points on his season debut, after almost a year out with concussion etc. Somebody was eager to get back on the ice.

At 11/20/11 11:50 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I think Newgrounds would appreciate just how sexy Nicklas Lidstrom is. Keep in mind that he's 41 years old.

He's 41, loaded and still playing top quality hockey. His prospects still look better than the Avs :(

I'm not bitter.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-22 04:03:41

Yeah, cause... not winning the cup makes you terrible...

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-29 02:00:37

GO LA KINGS BABY! Smash on the Sharks!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-29 09:04:38

So the rebuild operation is still underway in Denver, with the Avs hoping to cash in on getting some experience for their young talent and not having to give up too much to Washington in next year's draft, as compensation for Semyon Varlamov.

It ain't looking too smart for the Avs so far, but give it time, we're not in December yet.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-29 23:19:37

Bruce Boudreau recently got fired from the Washington Capitals, and I'm a bit surprised that he got the axe this early. But I guess when they fail so badly in the playoffs after getting the best records in the regular season, and Ovechkin doesn't respect your authority, then you are going to get canned sooner or later.

Even though I know little about Dale Hunter, {other than he had a lot of penatly minutes for the Capitals back then.} he might be the guy there that would light a fire on their asses there that Boudreau couldn't do, and actually not fall apart in the playoffs. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-30 07:12:07

At 11/29/11 11:19 PM, orangebomb wrote: Even though I know little about Dale Hunter, {other than he had a lot of penatly minutes for the Capitals back then.} he might be the guy there that would light a fire on their asses there that Boudreau couldn't do, and actually not fall apart in the playoffs. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds like a guy who will run headlong straight into Ovechkin, if ever there was one. Mind you, I'm not sure who would come off worst with this.

Can you imagine the two of them brawling on the ice? That would be hilarious.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-11-30 20:22:35

I can't believe Buffalo is below Toronto in the division

Why is this happening?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-01 04:49:56

I lol'd when Boudreau was hired as head coach of the Ducks

BBS Signature